Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 8, 2016 3:42 AM

Aug 2014
Reinhard needs an enemy, i'm afraid that now there will be no enemies to him but himself.
Reueuntal on the other hand seems to be the main focus of the last season.
Great episode.
The narrator is amazing.
Jan 1, 2017 2:30 PM

Feb 2015
I think the whole series has a structure similar to a documentary, so the style of the narrator fits in really well. Of course, it is debatable, but I think at least for me this is an quite interesting choice.
Jan 15, 2017 8:21 PM

Apr 2016

Well that was expected to me. Reinhard won't be mad about this since he believe in whoever stronger will take all. Really want those Terraism to die so fast, they're the most annoying game breaker i've ever seen, and the Rubinsky must be planning something as well, the final showdown is near.
Jun 22, 2017 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
In the end, Reinhard didn't beat my fav character Yang Wenli

Did the narrator spoil this "last handshake"?
Dec 2, 2017 8:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reinhard was sad with the dark notice, the death of Yang Wenli!!
Julian was correct in his firsts officials acts!!!
Feb 10, 2018 5:20 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really liked the interaction between Muller and the FPA, especially the small convo between him and Julian over coffee. Depresses me once again that these people can be so respectful to one another yet have to end up fighting. I keep asking to myself, why can't everyone be friends?

A bit off topic, but I realized this episode one of the main reason why I'm more attracted to Reinhard's character than Yang's (even though I think they both are well written). It has to do with his outburst at Emil. It's because Reinhard openly shows his flaws, although it's not really a conscious choice. He's also quick to realize and apologize when he's wrong, he shows his inner conflict on the outside. That's not to say that Yang doesn't also put his flaws on display, but because of his laid-back nature, he keeps them more on the inside. It's really just a personal preference, because while I actually relate to Yang in personality, those traits are the traits I don't like in myself. Therefore, I find Reinhard more fascinating to watch. Finally coming to this realization why I like Reinhard more despite Yang being a great character as well, has been quite relieving...I was so annoyed at myself wondering why couldn't I care about Yang as equally as I care about Reinhard.
Feb 17, 2018 12:03 AM

May 2016
Loved the fact that they brought back the 1st ED.
That stupid narrator can't keep his mouth shut.
May 16, 2018 10:05 PM
Apr 2018
And so Reuetnal will be about to turn. Him and Mittermeyer having their last drink together is so sad they are the closest friends in the entire show as we've seen since episode 1.

So Dusty is writing the Alliance perspective and Mittermeyer the Empire's. I reckon these two things will be very important historical diaries.

Muller is my favourite. Seeing him and Julian be civil was nice but again bittersweet as we know they will fight.

Reinhard is losing his rag. Snaps at Hilda and then Emil. Hilda seemed like she wanted to escape when she asked to go to Iserhorn.

I wonder if Wahlen will see Julian and be like "That's the guy from Earth?!"

Power standings:
1) Empire. Though it will soon be split into two factions again I reckon.
2) Julian. Taking over from Yang.
3) Earth Cult- Now they are public enemy #1
4) Rubinski
5) Goldenbalms.

MVP: Muller. He's just the nicest guy in the fleet.
Nov 2, 2018 1:05 PM
Apr 2018
I think the war couldn't have ended any way worse than this (not talking about quality of the series).

I laughed when Mittermayer told the guy that he had to learn how to crack jokes on his own.
Nov 10, 2018 1:54 AM

Feb 2017
Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm, a true Social Justice Warrior.
Apr 8, 2019 10:48 AM

Aug 2017
I, again, suspect that Julian will end up on Reinhard's side. All of his interactions with Imperial staff (Kircheis, Wahlen, Müller) were positive, and we even see the first ED (where Julian and Reinhard look at each other) again! Moreover, we know that Julian was basically fighting for Yang, not for democracy per se. Maybe he can change his flag, after all.

As for Reuenthal, his future conflict with Mittermeyer seems to be foreshadowed. My prediction is that Reunethal will rise against "Mein Kaiser" out of respect for his longing for a great enemy, essentially filling the void in Reinhard's heart. This event will leave him and Mittermeyer on different sides and provide a great resolve for his conflict with Oberstein, who will side with Reinhard.
Sep 10, 2019 10:39 AM

Sep 2017
Fuck you bitch. Fucking slut of a narrator. Foreshadowing people deaths like dumping shit.

I hope the narrator dies. Worst character ever. Even worse than the earth cult.

Take some notes from G Gundam for chrissakes.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 24, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2012
I like how even if they're enemies they still respect each other deeply
Unlike some people :P

I get it narrator, I get it
Reuntal will fight Mittermayer in the near future, geez

I'm really looking forward how Julian brilliantly lead them to glory.. I hope
"Signature removed"
Jan 3, 2020 2:33 PM

Nov 2016
Alright, more fuel for Reuenthal will start a revolution. That or, either him or Mittermeyer losing their handsbut there are still prostheses

Reinhard almost got a hertattack when hearing about Yang's death. Glad to see that the Empire paid their respect.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2020 10:27 PM

Mar 2012
Anyone know what classical piece plays when Muller and co. attend Yang's funeral?

We know Mittermeyer is happily married.
But Eisenach too?! The admiral who never speaks a word and gives orders through specific hand signals and gestures and relies on his lieutenant to translate for him?
He's like the Keith Gandor of the series! (Is his wife also able to make him say more than one word?)

Using the first ending was a pleasant surprise. And as I looked at the cast and credits imagine my surprise when I saw it was Ryotaro Okiayu who voiced Emil!

I'm so used his roles where he speaks in a deep voice (Byakuya, Tezuka, Dark Mousy, Scar).
His voice here sounds like a young Shigure (Fruits Basket).
xxxATiONJul 25, 2020 10:38 PM
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Jul 26, 2020 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
xxxATiON said:
Anyone know what classical piece plays when Muller and co. attend Yang's funeral?

It should be Antonín Dvořák's In Nature's Realm.
Jul 26, 2020 11:22 PM

Mar 2012
MagisterArcanum said:

It should be Antonín Dvořák's In Nature's Realm.

Thank you so much!!

Now that I've listened to the song in full, I shall always associate this colorful piece with the respect and courtesy shown between Muller, Reinhard's representative for his condolences, and Frederica, the Alliance's representative for their newly formed autonomous government, in honor of the admirable Admiral Yang Wen-li.

A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Aug 18, 2020 7:04 PM
Feb 2019
Narrator is that annoying friend that has already watched the show and promises not to spoil anything but can't help themselves.
Dec 24, 2020 11:00 PM
Jun 2017
I was expecting Reinhard to pay respects himself to Yang, even if he was ill...

It was cute to see Frederica giving the military salute, but then remember her role in this story. Or maybe it was a show of courtesy and etiquette, not from Lt. Cm. Greenhill Yang but from Mrs. Yang?
It seems that Terraism has a lot more power than it shows. I wonder who will be the next to fall.

Talking about nexts, Reuental is now departing for Heinessen. My, my, the spoilers. I wonder if Reinhard gave him all of that power on purpose so he could just revolt and so have another enemy to fight?
It seems that Mittermeyer and Reuental will have to fight each other. If the supreme moment comes, will any of them be ready to pull the trigger?

Damn, Hilda is now having some feelings for Reinhard. It seems to be true that she wants to be something more than just his private secretary, though one could ask oneself if that derives from ambition, or maybe love? It's a shame she cannot be his advisor when it comes to politics (and Oberstein isn't here too to counsel him).

I couldn't help but feel terribly sorry for Emil when Reinhard scolded him. The poor boy was so impressed he almost ended up crying. Reinhard truly has a hard time when it comes to assessing his noble/military/political position with the people he cares about the most in times of crisis. As of now, we have seen that he tends to assert his position of master everytime he has a discussion with his subordinates (his discussion with Kircheis after Westerland and his remarks to Hilda in the Battle of the Corridor). It's not easy to be on a marble tower and yet have close relationships. (I must note that he apologized to Emil shortly afterwards. Was it because he is just a boy, or was it because the last time he argued with a friend and didn't apologize, he had to witness his death?).

Regarding Reinhard's necessity to be married, I doubt there are any Marie Louises of Austria nearby, so the Kaiserin must be our beloved Hildegard von Mariendorf. So far we haven't had any particular shows of affection from Reinhard to Hilda, so I doubt they will do something out of their free will. Anyway, I didn't see that the relationship of Yang and Frederica before their proposal did show anything more than a friendly subordination of an admiral and his adjutant, so there could very well be some harboured secret feelings between the Kaiser and his secretary.

And on a last note, it was very heartfelt to have used the first ending. Now it has a very different meaning. Now that Yang has crossed the bridge of light, it's up to Julian to face Reinhard, with the living memory of Yang by his side... though nobody will shine as brightly as the Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm.
PaulotronatorDec 24, 2020 11:06 PM
Feb 6, 2021 6:12 AM

Oct 2016
I missed the first ending :')
May 9, 2021 9:13 PM

Mar 2018
The narrator is spoiling a lot of important moments and I'm not even watching the previews. -.-'
Jun 14, 2021 12:03 PM

Nov 2018
This series is full of foreshadowing and people hate narrator for making one obvious line , really?
I hate everyone equally
Aug 4, 2021 6:25 PM

Jun 2020
bruh narrator needa shut his azz up

"dis da last time da 2 bright jewels drink 2gether"

u got me w yang dying stop repeating dis shit 😭😭
Oct 10, 2021 1:09 PM

Nov 2018
I am still coming to terms with the departure of Yang Wen-li. Still I can see the urge and attitude of those who remain to keep on going forward for the future.
Nov 13, 2021 2:57 AM

Jul 2016

I
Raizel said:
Loved the fact that they brought back the 1st ED.
That stupid narrator can't keep his mouth shut.

I agree. Was a wonderful touch.
Nov 14, 2021 12:23 AM

Sep 2021
Ah yesss, back to Hikari no Hashi wo koete.
Where Julian sees a Kaiser.
Jun 19, 2022 6:19 PM

Dec 2007
this and previous episode only make the bigger question of "what's next" without yang gonna be.
it repeated itself couple of times.
but i trusted LOGTH to surprise me until now, i will trust it to surprise me again.

as noted in the thread the narrator spoiled again.
but though the first thought was "who's gonna die", i actually thought that reuntal might become traitor and fight reinhard to be the next dictator. so next time he will meet myrtmyer would be on the battlefield. no handshakes or wine for any of them.
just a thought.

reinhard reaction for yang's death was priceless, didn't expected for less.
Jul 28, 2022 11:33 AM
Jun 2022
Good episode. Out of all reactions to Yang’s death, Poplan’s was the most destructive. After losing Konev, one must wonder how deeply sad he is, outside of his easy-going facade.

Nice to see Mueller coming full circle. If you remember well, he swore vengeance against Yang for Kempf’s death. Now, you can feel his remorse and respect for the greatest admiral in space history. Quite fulfilling character arc he had.

So it looks like either Reuenthal or Mitt are good as dead in the near future. That’s unfortunate, as both are two of the best of this series.

Also, Reinhard’s reaction to Yang’s death was a highlight.

Last but not least, now we finally understand what that first ED meant. How things have changed…
Nov 8, 2022 2:37 PM
Feb 2019
I know it might be selfish to say but underlining the greatness of this anime, it has once again in a difficult time in my life, after watching the past few episodes, made me reflect uppon what really matters in life and what I should do moving forward having lived in probably the best years that the human race has had so far but also in a not so favorable environment but for certain not the worst one. I guess I have to reflect more on the value of my life and what could it mean for others having seen how fragile can be even the life of great people and also that each individual is unique, not valueless and should atempt to go on the lifetime adventure towards fulfilling the most he can out of the potential he has!

This is why I am forever grateful whenever I see a masterpiece or a magnum opus if you will and hope to integrate some of what I saw within myself regardless the fact that I do know that the work is fictional. Perhaps even self reflection inspired by fiction can lead to something of value.

Now if you read this, I ask of you to please forgive my (no english native) rant and also enjoy the rest of what in my humble oppinion is a valuable work of art.
Nov 28, 2022 9:10 PM

Dec 2020
"...It would be the last time they'd shake hands... and the last drink they'd have together...."

that damned narrator better stop running his mouth, everytime I see 2 iconic characters together now I'm afraid he's going to say something like that.

A few episodes back they teased Mittermeyers' death, but of course he wasn't going to die, because the narrator didn't foreshadow it 5 episodes earlier
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Dec 14, 2022 4:41 AM

May 2018
Narrator be like: get spoiled motherfucker >:D
Jan 16, 2023 11:47 AM
Aug 2019
this is the worst timeline 10/10
Jan 31, 2023 6:19 AM

Aug 2018
Another really great episode, Muller arriving to pay respects was a perfect pick aside from Reinhard, he truly admired Yang and his strategies despite being on the different side of things.

The narration in this anime is something that truly needs to be either hated or prepared for, because there is no foreshadowing moment during those scenes, Narrator desperately (and not for the first time) had to tell us about Reunthal and Mittermeyer final meeting like this, I just don't know how to feel
Jul 21, 2023 4:40 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch
Fortress_MaximusJul 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 18, 2023 1:23 PM

Aug 2019
As shocked as I am over Yang's death and how much I wish it hadn't happened, I'm beginning to realize that it's for the better that he died. His fleet really needs to start shaping up and being more efficient on their own without relying on him all the time, which is something that has bugged me ever since they were all working under the Alliance. Yang has always had the most going on with everyone riding on his coattails. I know a lot of them are military men and not politicians, but I wish they cared more about politics - especially the democracy that Yang was fighting so hard for. It seems like nobody else even cares or is as passionate about it as he was. Attenborough says in the previous episode or the episode before that that they're fighting for a person that stands for the ideas, but do they realize how similar that makes them to the Empire that they're fighting against? They should be more rallied behind a cause, because as it's been shown, people can die and be removed from the picture, but a cause will always be there and they'd be all the more stronger for it if they were united for such a purpose. It's also so ironic how there were protests against Julian and Frederica becoming the next figures just because they had connections to Yang, and then there's Reinhard saying he wants to appoint the next person who'll take his place based on their merit and not on their (blood) relation to him. I like that this series shows that neither side is perfect, but I wish the non-Empire side had more going for them sans Yang.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.