Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 15, 2010 8:45 PM

Feb 2009
Shiori's characterization should have ended last episode. Some more here wasn't really needed. That time should have been more allotted to the capture. But the capture was done very well despite being a bit short. PFP's light shining for Keima was awesome and so is his lines. OP song as BGM in some parts weren't so good, should have been other music.
And next week is the last episode and it's the Capturing God Mode!!
Makes the chapter more valid and a nice ending to the season.
Hope we get the seiyuu lineup for the other girls and hopefully this continues on to the core of the story in the later parts of the manga.

Lol Ergo Proxy
Dec 15, 2010 8:55 PM

Nov 2010
Now that I think about it...

I hope the season finale doesn't wreck the 1st season :/
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Dec 15, 2010 9:05 PM

Oct 2009
Didn't enjoy this as much I thought I'd enjoy it, no idea why though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2010 9:08 PM

May 2009
SSDrWh0 said:
Now that I think about it...

I hope the season finale doesn't wreck the 1st season :/

it wont, capturing god mode is awesome xDDD one of my favorite chapters from the manga xDDD this was what ive been waiting for since this started xD

btw, watched the ep again, i didnt get the ergo proxy ref... then i saw it was in a book, i facepalmed and the laughed xD
Dec 15, 2010 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
More than a god, less than a human -> Next episode is going to be pure epicness

I can't understand how people can say that this was bad, I mean yeah it wasn't a pure copy of the manga but it was still very well adapted, some people need to understand that you can't make an anime if you just use manga material, you gotta add some things to get some 20 min episode. If you want to see what a bad adaptation is then I suggest you to watch Mahou sensei negima and Nurarihyon no mago, now there we are talking about crap.

I agree tough, the opening single background music was misused at the start of the episode imo, I understand that they wanted to highlight Shiori's feeling of wanting to protect the library, that I agree but it could have been done better.
The second time they used the op was more fitting but still could have been improved and the whole lacked 'deepness'
Now with the budget I would have liked better a new song here instead of the cake song.
Still this arc was alright, Shiori never was my favorite girl from the manga and will never be but I can say that I still enjoyed watching this.

Now I'm wondering how they will end the anime with 'more than a god, less than a human', I mean people would expect this season to finish on an ouverture but if they are properly animating this chapter then it will end on... nothing.
As far as I know, fan speculated the two 12 episode season and there was nothing official about it so it is not impossible for it to be longer than 12 episode long, I mean even the trailer was showing Aqua.
Dec 15, 2010 10:12 PM

Mar 2009
possibly the best episode so far.
Dec 15, 2010 10:18 PM

Feb 2010
LOL so cheesy, "I'll give you the courage" *kisses*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2010 11:42 PM
Sep 2010
i loved this arc. too bad it had to end, but it was really well done. cant wait for the next episode
Dec 16, 2010 12:20 AM
Oct 2010
I know Keima's all like I don't like real women blah blah blah, but he's got to be feeling something for these girls. I think its pretty obvious he actually like Shiori, with the whole clone of her in his game, and how similar they are.
Dec 16, 2010 12:36 AM

Sep 2009
Paul said:

Hell, even trailer/teaser is out for second season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3sVvUAirgs

Neat. I hadn't seen that.

I'm really enjoying the show, and I liked the end of this arc, but it does feel a tad stretched out at times (it was strange hearing the same insert/section of the OP twice too...). Seems like there's too much for 2 eps but not enough for 3. I dunno. The arcs do start getting a little longer at some point, so hopefully that won't be an issue with S2.

I also wonder if the little shot of Youtsuba at the end on Keima's PFP means we'll see her soon, or if it was just some artwork inspired from the manga. Looking forward to what's next whatever it is.
Dec 16, 2010 1:22 AM

Aug 2009
it was an okay arc. Pretty overrated but I guess thats how it is when you guys like shy insecure girls for some reason.
Dec 16, 2010 1:25 AM
Jul 2018
I loved the way they used the music in this episode! and the whole books falling scene was pretty nice too.
Dec 16, 2010 1:26 AM

Sep 2010
Ok, I appreciate the fact that similarities/differences between the anime and manga are important when judging the episode, but I literally cannot read this thread because there are so many people talking about the manga. Some of us haven't read it, and probably won't. So do us a favor and leave out the manga discussion please? This is a thread for the anime, and if you want to talk about the plot then please do it somewhere else.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, I liked this episode. I think the Shiori arc could have been done in two episodes, but she is adorable enough that I'll let three slide. The music for this series is wonderful, and I really like the way post-kiss confusion is portrayed. Looking forward to final ep and next season.
Dec 16, 2010 3:01 AM

Nov 2010
It was ok but It was'nt that interesting as an end of the first season... I hope the last episode would be better or at least funny
Dec 16, 2010 3:02 AM

Feb 2010
SoFarGone said:
it was an okay arc. Pretty overrated but I guess thats how it is when you guys like shy insecure girls for some reason.

exactly what i thought
Dec 16, 2010 3:19 AM

Apr 2008
epic .. i see Keima's favourite heroine during when showing the next preview

Dec 16, 2010 4:43 AM
Mar 2009
tinman21 said:

also at the last part where Keima was playing another game with a girl similar to Shiori, him having difficulty choosing if to come again to the library seems to hint that he really has feeling for Shiori.. and by the looks of it his answer to that question was..

Well, this part was only in the anime...In the manga there weren't any hints about the fact Keima could like her.
Ok, I know this is the anime topic, but I can't help to compare what I watched with what I read. Sorry.
I'm disliking this adaptation for so many reasons...
Dec 16, 2010 5:01 AM

Apr 2009
Boring arc. Boring and annoying girl. Can't stand people like Shiori, who make it frustrating for everyone by not speaking up.
Dec 16, 2010 5:05 AM

May 2008
Why didnt she ask him how he fall from the sky im pretty sure i will LOL

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 16, 2010 5:14 AM
Mar 2009
Vento said:
kingpolyphemus said:
Ok, I appreciate the fact that similarities/differences between the anime and manga are important when judging the episode, but I literally cannot read this thread because there are so many people talking about the manga. Some of us haven't read it, and probably won't. So do us a favor and leave out the manga discussion please? This is a thread for the anime, and if you want to talk about the plot then please do it somewhere else.

And you can clearly see them talking about manga anyway... They just don't listen.

This is a thread for the anime, ok, so do you think this automatically means that people who both read the manga and watch the anime can't express their opinion? So, where can I express my opinion about this adaptation?
Dec 16, 2010 5:29 AM

Sep 2010
Nice..... too bad it is going to end.... :(
Dec 16, 2010 5:45 AM

Aug 2009
All I can say is that-- THE SOUNDTRACK WAS FREAKING WONDERFUL!!! (O_O)
Dec 16, 2010 5:46 AM

Feb 2010
Nice arc's ending. I liked the part when Keima told Shiori that he'll give her courage. Besides, the insert song goes so well with the books invasion scene and the apparition of the PFP light.
Dec 16, 2010 5:59 AM

Jan 2008
When I saw the Book scene it reminded me of To Aru Majutsu no Index :D
Dec 16, 2010 7:20 AM

Nov 2008
Ryutai said:
Vento said:
kingpolyphemus said:
And you can clearly see them talking about manga anyway... They just don't listen.
This is a thread for the anime, ok, so do you think this automatically means that people who both read the manga and watch the anime can't express their opinion? So, where can I express my opinion about this adaptation?

I read the manga and anime, but I'm not with them in terms of fail anime adaptation. Really, How the heck can they put a chapter in a manga in a 20 minutes episode? Do the haters want to have slideshow of each part in the manga? Anime adaptation needs to stretch things a little bit. =. = I believe this is pretty much a very good adaptation IMO unlike other series out there.. >.>

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 16, 2010 7:25 AM
Jun 2009
what happened i thought there were 26 eps
Dec 16, 2010 7:35 AM
Sep 2009
HIGH Animation quality ^^... just love Shiori, she's so moe
Dec 16, 2010 8:07 AM

Nov 2009
roflshanks said:
what happened i thought there were 26 eps

There will be more than one season. Apparently the second season is starting April 2011.

I really loved this episode, the Shiori Arc is amazing, and the soundtrack for the episode was great! I really loved the one song, they used twice in this episode. Keima pulled off another great capture, I loved the moment when he pulled her up through the books.

As for talking about the manga, I agree with the fact that the adaptation should be commented on. Perhaps if there are spoilers, the manga readers should just put them into a spoiler tag or something. But ignoring the manga completely would be stupid, considering this is an anime adaptation of the manga.
Dec 16, 2010 8:14 AM

Jun 2009
Nice ending of Shiori arc. Wonder if any season 2 will be made..?

Dec 16, 2010 8:17 AM
Oct 2009
Naruto2700 said:
Nice ending of Shiori arc. Wonder if any season 2 will be made..?

Season 2's been announced for April 2011
Dec 16, 2010 8:37 AM

Nov 2010
Loved the ost in this episode, the whole Shiori arc made the anime go up a little bit in my point of view
Dec 16, 2010 9:01 AM
Nov 2008
I hope the OST breaks the full OP into separate tracks. I am completely intrigued by the first part that was used in this episode, but the rest of the song, not so much...

Fantastic end to a great arc! I'm pretty sure Shiori was my favorite, although Mio puts up a good fight.
Dec 16, 2010 9:37 AM

Dec 2009
Paul said:
DenjaX said:
otakuthon49 said:

QysteiN said:
Anyone know the song which starts from 02:32~ ?
It's still the same as the OP but in a complete version :D that song is more than 8 minutes long xDD

Yea, it's the full OP. Thats one reason why I was kinda disappointed in this episodes. Insert Song =/= Opening Song. :(

oh, that's interesting -- I loved the insert song! This is one of the few anime where I listen to the OP every week.

This arc was so dreamy. It was romantic that Keima could hear Shiori's inner voice -- in real life, that would be very bad -- but here it was precious.

best music
best kiss
best arc
Dec 16, 2010 10:09 AM

Jun 2008
Shiori was lovable as hell. I continuously had the urge to hug my screen.
The music and the relaxing tone along with Shiori's voice were the best things in this arc.
The only problem this arc had is that he making her fall for him doesn't seem convincing.
She seemed intrigue by him certainly but she didn't show any signs that she actually started having that kind of feelings for him.
Maybe the feeling of love was more like love to a savior that romantic love because she seemed desperate and he appeared like a light of hope at the right moment.
Dec 16, 2010 10:27 AM

Oct 2009
Oh my god, I'm sorry, but I have to express my opinion
Shiori arc: 10/10
Other arcs: 7/10
They were the greatest couple :')
Dec 16, 2010 11:03 AM

Mar 2008
Really great ep. I have not read the manga but it was just beautiful, moving. Scene when Shiori is buried under books and reaches out to the light from the console and Katsuragi helps her to get out ... Damm... I love this arc.

Dec 16, 2010 11:48 AM

Oct 2010
A rather amazing episode! The way they integrated at the beginning and around the maze of books the opening part of the OP is amazing! Had to see bothe moments at least 3 times! Truly a blessing that surpasses the manga in every aspects. The other aspects that surpasses is Shiori's cuteness when she was small. Of course the best Shiori's pose was good! It's too bad they did not animate Elsie's drilling! Drilling is cool! At least they animated the one where Elsie fixes the roof.

One of the best things, that whole waterfall of books! Mesmerizing for the least and impressive. Loved the indirect kiss.
Loved the kiss part except the stupid book ruined it at the most important moment! D:
Other moments that were nice was how Keima was the "Thinking Man" at one point and Shiori's face close ups as well as blushing.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 16, 2010 11:59 AM

Oct 2008
This was another good arc, but probably my least favorite so far. Still good, I just found Shiori a bit annoying.
Dec 16, 2010 12:29 PM

Aug 2008
Love the dramatic atmosphere for the kiss. I thought it was really pretty the way the books were crumbling down around Shiori.
Dec 16, 2010 1:12 PM
Oct 2009
Does anyone saw that shiori was holding a book of Ergo Proxy?
Dec 16, 2010 1:20 PM

Mar 2009
This was a good arc.

Weee finishing up soon.
Dec 16, 2010 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
I wonder what the season finale will be about. Probably about Elsee.
Dec 16, 2010 3:56 PM

Oct 2010
Linkark07 said:
Oh, and anyone that has watched Kanon might recognize the girl in the PFP at the end of this episode.
Not at all, I think she look more like Shiori with glasses
jdexarch said:
Yay to Ergo Proxy ref
Great! I am not the only one to notice it as a title on the book.
Kuro4735 said:
Wow, the ending to Shiori's arc was handled pretty darn well by manglobe. I'd say that the anime version of Shiori's arc (or at least the final episode of the arc) was much better than it's manga counterpart. They did add some more background info and details that weren't in the manga, which really did help with the overall story.
I know! That what is amazing and Shiori as a kid is too adorable.
Kico7 said:
Shiori is the best shy character ever. Just love her.
^This! All of it! I would not the best ever but as of this season yes! There is no other girl like her! :D
helur said:
PFP light was =)
I will agree with that! I was fascinated and the setup was excellent in regards to that light.
helur said:
inserting the full version of the OP was =/
Except it was not. It was only the beginning of it.
Akihiro209 said:
People still comparing manga and anime when this is anime only discussion.
There is nothing wrong to do that if it's within the boundaries of this episode.
Yumekichi11Dec 16, 2010 3:59 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 16, 2010 4:50 PM

Sep 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
you resemble an extinct user by a fine margin.

wonder which I hated more....Shiori or the arc? >.>
Dec 16, 2010 5:13 PM

Jul 2010
stAtic91 said:
This was a great episode and ending to, imo, the best arc of the anime. Hanazawa Kana did a great job (as always) with voicing Shiori, making her my favorite girl in the anime. Too cute.
I agree. This was my favorite arc and Shiori is easily my favorite girl in the show. I wasn't expecting a kiss at the end considering her character traits, but I'm glad there was one. It just goes to show they save the best for last. ^_^

Wow, it is really episode 11 already? It went by pretty fast. I wonder how they'll do the last episode. Probably something bridging the way for season 2.

Also, loved the Ergo Proxy reference. :)
Dec 16, 2010 6:05 PM
Aug 2010
jdexarch said:
Nice ep. Thought that book falling scene was really well done and loved the music in the backround, look forward to getting the OST. A good end to what I thought was an enjoyable arc

Yay to Ergo Proxy ref

you noticed Ergo Proxy too?! lol i wondered if someone would comment on that here =:)
"To define is to limit."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Dec 16, 2010 7:26 PM

Jun 2009
Eh it was an okay episode. Don't know it seemed too underwhelming to me but amusing episode and closure nonetheless.
Dec 16, 2010 8:33 PM
Aug 2010
i thought they ended this really well i was so proud of her for taking a stand and the kiss was really nice in this too next episode is the last one i hate waiting till april for season 2
Dec 16, 2010 8:55 PM

Dec 2009
I really enjoyed the music at the beginning when Shiori was walking back to the library with the stuff she'd bought. This has to be my favourite arc as Shiori was the least annoying and the most realistic. Would've liked to see a Elsie-Keima romance but it's ok as it is. Can't wait for the next one!
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

Dec 16, 2010 9:41 PM

Apr 2009
You know, this series as a whole has been nothing but amazing. First they take my most hated chapters from the manga (the Kanon capture arc) and make it endearing and likeable, but now they give such an incredibly badass ending to the Shiori arc? I mean, Shiori! badass! those two words should never be together, yet here they are.

As a side note, however, this series has made me want to buy a PSP. Damn you Sony and your blantant product placement.
No problem is insoluble in all conceivable circumstances.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

345 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 12, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

198 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

247 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Inarius - Oct 6, 2010

364 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 5, 10:10 AM

» This anime has really beautiful music.

LordKirkis - Oct 9, 2023

18 by aDamas_46 »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.