Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2010 1:47 PM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed this episode..
especially the main scene...it was so well done...
Dec 15, 2010 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
Ha, did anyone else notice she was reading Ergo Proxy?

Dec 15, 2010 1:51 PM

May 2009
Hehe, she was reading Ergo Proxy :D

I can't believe how different this arc is compared to previous ones. I love it quite much :) It pulls me in, just like reading a book lol

Chuuuuu~ scene :]

She is so precious when she was little, but i felt sorry for her in those situations (kinda reminded me of myself in those days). If only someone understood her. Well, someone did understand her now :)
Dec 15, 2010 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
Best arc-a-all, cool book-floating, nice music.
Dec 15, 2010 2:10 PM

Mar 2010
everything was soo sudden, but great episode and great background music

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 15, 2010 2:22 PM

Oct 2010
I wonder if ever gets....horny after doing what he does with the girls? The girls are all good looking so....
Dec 15, 2010 3:15 PM

Oct 2009
Zakness said:
I wonder if ever gets....horny after doing what he does with the girls? The girls are all good looking so....

Too slim. The girls memories ended up getting wiped afterwards...

Okay arc. Adaptation's ending was slightly disappointing than what I hopefully wanted it to expect.

Dec 15, 2010 3:19 PM
Jun 2010
Akamitsu said:

Ergo Proxy
XVI
busy doing nothing

Amazing.
Dec 15, 2010 3:19 PM

Oct 2010
Akamitsu said:

lol i was going to say that:D

Dec 15, 2010 3:25 PM

Nov 2010
I think it was awesome anyhow :D
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Dec 15, 2010 3:28 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I loved this episode so much <3333333 I love the anime more and more xD

The scenes were so beautiful and the use of the whole opening was a big plus for me since I love it :D
Dec 15, 2010 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
Finally~~~!!! This annoying mentally impaired thwat's arc is OVEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!! Now we can finally move on to somebody else. And by someone else, I mean anybody is fine, as long as they don't have anything related to attention whore nerdy bitch or this "ano~ano~ano~ano" retarded hoe. And according to the manga, I guess I will enjoy the upcoming arc more to compensate for the past 2 shitty arcs. Yay~~~!!!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Dec 15, 2010 3:46 PM
Dec 2009
Anyone know the song which starts from 02:32~ ?
Dec 15, 2010 3:46 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't like how they kept using the Opening as a insert song but i guess it did go decently well with the 2nd part but kinda think they got lazy.

Anyways, I'd have to say this was the most interesting girl Keima has worked on for this season. Lets hope next season will be just or even better.

Lets hope the last episode of this season is good.
Dec 15, 2010 4:01 PM

Oct 2008
lol @ Ergo Proxy ref.

Dec 15, 2010 4:02 PM
Dec 2007
Splendid episode overall. Most definitely the best girl too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 15, 2010 4:02 PM

Nov 2008
otakuthon49 said:
Zakness said:
Too slim. The girls memories ended up getting wiped afterwards...

Okay arc. Adaptation's ending was slightly disappointing than what I hopefully wanted it to expect.
Keima is known as a celibate god, so he is platonic xDD

QysteiN said:
It's still the same as the OP but in a complete version :D that song is more than 8 minutes long xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 15, 2010 4:11 PM

Jan 2008
DenjaX said:
otakuthon49 said:

QysteiN said:
It's still the same as the OP but in a complete version :D that song is more than 8 minutes long xDD

Yea, it's the full OP. Thats one reason why I was kinda disappointed in this episodes. Insert Song =/= Opening Song. :(

Dec 15, 2010 4:18 PM

Aug 2010
Reach toward the Light!!!! (PSP)

Lovin the Shiori arc.
Dec 15, 2010 4:22 PM
Nov 2010
Didn't Keima himself say at the beginning that he didn't want to capture Shiori? Librarians have been over done. Those people who got their expectations up were going to be disappointed no matter what. Unless of course you got excited over Hanazawa Kana.

Personally, I like the back story as the manga was seriously lacking it. I was left wondering why Keima was even able to capture her at all. Not so for the anime.
Dec 15, 2010 4:41 PM

Sep 2009
Nice arc. I really appreciated the back story.

I hope it's not too long before the second season.

(I'm definitely going to listen to the OST)
Dec 15, 2010 4:48 PM

Feb 2010
I enjoyed that arc more than that god-awful Kanon arc....

It was interesting to hear her backstory and all her inner monologues.

One more episode left....
Dec 15, 2010 5:08 PM

Jun 2009
I actually thought the back story was completely unnecessary. It was just going over the same points. She loves books and cant talk to people. The previous two episodes already explained that. You don't need to dive into her memories for it.

However the capturing scene was done quite well. They certainly made it more climatic.

Now if I had one main complaint about the anime adaption it would be that Mangalobe is not pulling off the main heart of TWGOK. The comedy. Hopefully in the second season they remedy this. Don't omit great jokes and get the comedic timing right. Also not padding out stories would really help.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Dec 15, 2010 5:10 PM
Jul 2008
I'M INLOVE WITH SHIORI
This has never happened to me before. I was watching this and couldn't help but to smile at everything shiori did. Is this what having a waifu feels like?
Definitely this was the best arc. To me, it was a lot deeper than the others, But it's probably because I was able to connect with the heroine much more. I enjoyed this a lot.
Dec 15, 2010 5:13 PM

Apr 2010
Best arc!! Shiori is <3

love all the books flying around before the kissing scene but would have liked it better if they actually SHOWED IT!! X(

seems like Shiori still remembers vaguely what happened, (never underestimate the power of a book girl's memory!!) hope she ends up being more special compared to the other girls because of this..

also at the last part where Keima was playing another game with a girl similar to Shiori, him having difficulty choosing if to come again to the library seems to hint that he really has feeling for Shiori.. and by the looks of it his answer to that question was..
Dec 15, 2010 5:39 PM

Feb 2009
Wow that was best episode from whole series. Music scenes were really special. 5/5
Dec 15, 2010 5:55 PM

Jul 2009
what? this anime is getting only 12 episodes? but, but... there's so much chapters to work with! sigh, well the ending pretty much guarantees a sequel. now we gotta wait next year? the year after? oh well, awesome arc nonetheless
Dec 15, 2010 5:58 PM

Sep 2010
AUUUGHGSKLJD. I'M DYING. SHIORI IS KILLING ME. SHE'S TOO MUCH (In a god way).
Lol at Keima falling and trying to look good.
This was a good ending. Don't the girls entirely lose their memory after the spirit thing leaves? Or am I mistaken? Shiori retained some memory...
Dec 15, 2010 6:01 PM
Mar 2009
I actually like the way they ended it here than the way the manga did it. The manga one was kind of abrupt.

It sounded like Keima in the ending was saying a "sequel" was in production.
Dec 15, 2010 6:01 PM

Jan 2008
Kurogashi said:
what? this anime is getting only 12 episodes? but, but... there's so much chapters to work with! sigh, well the ending pretty much guarantees a sequel. now we gotta wait next year? the year after? oh well, awesome arc nonetheless

Season two was announced literally when before Ep1 even aired.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=264636&show=0

Hell, even trailer/teaser is out for second season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3sVvUAirgs
PaulDec 15, 2010 6:07 PM
Dec 15, 2010 6:04 PM

Dec 2008
Shit, so much hate on Shiori. Just stop watching the damn series if you're going to get easily annoyed by just one girl and her problems.

Anyway, great episode. Understandable that they had to add in some more obvious back story to get more time. Expected from an anime from a manga. Sad to see the season end by next episode.
Dec 15, 2010 6:06 PM

Aug 2008
I loooooved this arc. The music was so great and Shiori is a total doll!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 15, 2010 6:34 PM

May 2009
Paul said:

FUCK YES!! this made my day!!! full Shiori's kiss-scene!!!! i guess they are saving it for the BDs... damn em, and i got to see Kusunoki, Jun and Haqua animated *-* im so happy i could die xD

well, this was a nice arc, my favorite of the anime so far *-* Shiori is <3
PaulNamidaDec 15, 2010 9:04 PM
Dec 15, 2010 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
Overall not too bad, and I am loving the entire soundtrack of this anime.

Episode: 7/10
Series: 9/10 (at least until next weeks episode)
Dec 15, 2010 8:01 PM
Mar 2010
Shiori's arc in the anime really outshines its counterpart in the manga. I assume the DVD sales weren't that great, considering the first season is ending next episode. I hope they extend the second season to a full season...
Dec 15, 2010 8:04 PM

May 2010
Liked the Chapter 1 of the Full OP song they inserted in this ep..

The best arc so far..

"I'll give you the courage that you need." = WIN
Dec 15, 2010 8:06 PM

Jun 2010
Great episode, great arc. Her back story and inner monologues have been pretty interesting, and she's just an all around cute character. I haven't ready the manga yet, but it looked like at the end of the episode Keima seemed to actually had an attraction to her. Does he?
Dec 15, 2010 8:23 PM

Nov 2008
It was a great episode but the ending was not that climatic as I was expecting it to. Still it had great background music, anyone know the name?

So next week's episode is the end for this season?
Dec 15, 2010 8:25 PM

May 2010
ClementIV said:
It was a great episode but the ending was not that climatic as I was expecting it to. Still it had great background music, anyone know the name?

So next week's episode is the end for this season?

Its Chapter 1 from the OP song..
Dec 15, 2010 8:37 PM

Jun 2010
Btw the next episode is going to be one of the best (or so I hope). More than a God, Less then a Human FTW! After watching Shiori's arc i really think that this series is well made, it's not perfect but well made...
I would like to have a PFP and be a Capturing God like Keima xD He's got all the hot girls :P
Dec 15, 2010 8:45 PM

Feb 2009
Shiori's characterization should have ended last episode. Some more here wasn't really needed. That time should have been more allotted to the capture. But the capture was done very well despite being a bit short. PFP's light shining for Keima was awesome and so is his lines. OP song as BGM in some parts weren't so good, should have been other music.
And next week is the last episode and it's the Capturing God Mode!!
Makes the chapter more valid and a nice ending to the season.
Hope we get the seiyuu lineup for the other girls and hopefully this continues on to the core of the story in the later parts of the manga.

Lol Ergo Proxy
Dec 15, 2010 8:55 PM

Nov 2010
Now that I think about it...

I hope the season finale doesn't wreck the 1st season :/
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Dec 15, 2010 9:05 PM

Oct 2009
Didn't enjoy this as much I thought I'd enjoy it, no idea why though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2010 9:08 PM

May 2009
SSDrWh0 said:
Now that I think about it...

I hope the season finale doesn't wreck the 1st season :/

it wont, capturing god mode is awesome xDDD one of my favorite chapters from the manga xDDD this was what ive been waiting for since this started xD

btw, watched the ep again, i didnt get the ergo proxy ref... then i saw it was in a book, i facepalmed and the laughed xD
Dec 15, 2010 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
More than a god, less than a human -> Next episode is going to be pure epicness

I can't understand how people can say that this was bad, I mean yeah it wasn't a pure copy of the manga but it was still very well adapted, some people need to understand that you can't make an anime if you just use manga material, you gotta add some things to get some 20 min episode. If you want to see what a bad adaptation is then I suggest you to watch Mahou sensei negima and Nurarihyon no mago, now there we are talking about crap.

I agree tough, the opening single background music was misused at the start of the episode imo, I understand that they wanted to highlight Shiori's feeling of wanting to protect the library, that I agree but it could have been done better.
The second time they used the op was more fitting but still could have been improved and the whole lacked 'deepness'
Now with the budget I would have liked better a new song here instead of the cake song.
Still this arc was alright, Shiori never was my favorite girl from the manga and will never be but I can say that I still enjoyed watching this.

Now I'm wondering how they will end the anime with 'more than a god, less than a human', I mean people would expect this season to finish on an ouverture but if they are properly animating this chapter then it will end on... nothing.
As far as I know, fan speculated the two 12 episode season and there was nothing official about it so it is not impossible for it to be longer than 12 episode long, I mean even the trailer was showing Aqua.
Dec 15, 2010 10:12 PM

Mar 2009
possibly the best episode so far.
Dec 15, 2010 10:18 PM

Feb 2010
LOL so cheesy, "I'll give you the courage" *kisses*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2010 11:42 PM
Sep 2010
i loved this arc. too bad it had to end, but it was really well done. cant wait for the next episode
Dec 16, 2010 12:20 AM
Oct 2010
I know Keima's all like I don't like real women blah blah blah, but he's got to be feeling something for these girls. I think its pretty obvious he actually like Shiori, with the whole clone of her in his game, and how similar they are.
Dec 16, 2010 12:36 AM

Sep 2009
Paul said:

Neat. I hadn't seen that.

I'm really enjoying the show, and I liked the end of this arc, but it does feel a tad stretched out at times (it was strange hearing the same insert/section of the OP twice too...). Seems like there's too much for 2 eps but not enough for 3. I dunno. The arcs do start getting a little longer at some point, so hopefully that won't be an issue with S2.

I also wonder if the little shot of Youtsuba at the end on Keima's PFP means we'll see her soon, or if it was just some artwork inspired from the manga. Looking forward to what's next whatever it is.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

346 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 19, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

198 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

247 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Inarius - Oct 6, 2010

364 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 5, 10:10 AM

» This anime has really beautiful music.

LordKirkis - Oct 9, 2023

18 by aDamas_46 »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.