Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2010 7:11 PM

Apr 2008
I thought 5D's would be the last one...?

But anyway, are there any trailers for this yet? I wonder if they'll still use the bikes or if there is something new. Hm.
Dec 13, 2010 8:31 PM

Feb 2009
I don't like the main character, he's too much of a rip-off of Yusei.

I'll always look forward to a Yu-Gi-Oh! series, but I'm a MASSIVE fan of 5D's. So this is going to have to be very good to win me over fully.
Dec 13, 2010 9:16 PM
Jul 2010
I have a feeling this is going to be good, The Main character doesn't look like Yusei at all. He looks really cool though. I hope it is good
Dec 14, 2010 3:52 AM

Dec 2007
The character design looks strange this time ... ;o
Dec 14, 2010 2:52 PM

Jun 2009
main character looks like shit, art looks stupid, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.
Albert Einstein said:
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

Neil deGrasse Tyson said:
For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.

Dec 14, 2010 3:16 PM

Apr 2007
fuwa-fuwa said:
main character looks like shit, art looks stupid, but i guess we'll have to wait and see.
This. He's not very appealing to look at.

Dec 14, 2010 3:26 PM

Jul 2007
DD: i dont like him. but the story sounds interesting...
Dec 14, 2010 5:05 PM

Jun 2010
Just by art, the series looks so similar to other failed franchises - Duel Masters, Beyblade, etc.

Yuma looks like a mix of Yugi, with Jaden, with Aki. And first of all, he is a kid, he looks around 13 or so.

His rival looks like a mix of Lucciano with Dartz and he is another rich boy.

And Kotori, the main female character looks like she came off from Pokemon, with Aki's face.

I do not have high expectations from this one. It will be all silly, probably.
Dec 14, 2010 8:22 PM
Jul 2010
PandaPuff said:
fuwa-fuwa said:
This. He's not very appealing to look at.

The person who did the character designs for eyeshield 21, is doing it for yu gi oh zexal its just a picture, Once its get animated and stuff it will be awesome.
Dec 14, 2010 11:28 PM

Jul 2007
I was just wondering but i like shonens but im not really a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh. Guess i never gave it a chance but i hear alot of people do enjoy it. So my question is are the series like in sequential order according to one big story line. Or are they like separate stories entirely and aired in like a episodic type fashion.

Dec 15, 2010 4:51 PM
Oct 2007
the design of the main character is just unquestionably "epic fail"!
Dec 15, 2010 8:35 PM
Mar 2008
i remembered Kazuki Takahashi promise that 5d's will be the last anime for yu-gi-oh.... but then again, the more the merrier lol
Dec 15, 2010 10:48 PM

Dec 2008
link9us said:
I was just wondering but i like shonens but im not really a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh. Guess i never gave it a chance but i hear alot of people do enjoy it. So my question is are the series like in sequential order according to one big story line. Or are they like separate stories entirely and aired in like a episodic type fashion.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! GX have few motives (more like minor characters) from previews Yu-Gi-Oh! DM, but You don't need to watch them all to understand them, You can choose only one to watch. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX story line happens after Yu-Gi-Oh! DM, but with different characters and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's story line is set in the far future (also witch different characters).
Dec 19, 2010 7:18 AM

Jun 2010
My first thought was like OMG YAY! But I agree with everyone about the design of characters, don't like it at all, is horrible, that kid looks like astroboy, seriously x'DD.
Anyway, obviously I'll watch this show, I've watched all the others, so...
Waiting for this!
Dec 19, 2010 9:22 PM

Jan 2010
So much for 5D's being the last. Eh i'm a little disappointed that the series is continuing, but then again it's a a cash cow. So it's officially, YGO is no different than the Pokemon, Gundam (which is WAY better) Digimon, and power rangers series.

Wonder if Kazuki Takahashi actually wants his work continued since i know Akira Toriyama (DBZ) and Yoshiyuki Tomino (Gundam) don't.
Dec 21, 2010 8:41 AM

Jun 2009
this does not look that apealing 5ds looked awesome they should bring every charecter back for a mini series to end it I think that would be a good way to end it
Dec 27, 2010 9:28 PM

Apr 2010
The Main Character Looks a Bit Fromn Beyblade O_O

and Excess Summon? :o

Jan 1, 2011 8:18 PM
Oct 2008
when i first saw this i was like oh my god really, another yugioh. main character looks like he has Crow's eye and Yugi's hair
Jan 2, 2011 1:13 AM

May 2009
Holy shit, the main guy looks horrible. And looking by the trailer it looks like this will be kiddie shit like gx.
Jan 2, 2011 9:41 PM

Jun 2008
Winley said:
I don't like the main character, he's too much of a rip-off of Yusei.

and Yusei's a rip off of Yugi/Yami. whats your point??
Jaden would've been cool if he talked less and wasn't so damn cheesy
Jan 3, 2011 5:48 PM

Mar 2008
No...just no. Everything about it is..ugh.
Jan 10, 2011 2:20 AM

May 2009
Saw this coming but w/e I'll still watch it once a fan always a fan.
Jan 20, 2011 10:33 AM

Jul 2009
why does konami has a trend like this?

Original Yu-Gi-Oh! DM(great to excellent) Yu-Gi-Oh! GX(meh it was good but not great) 5D"s(Awesome to best in the series) and now Yugioh Zexal(going to GX way it seems) i might watch Cardfight!! Vanguard for my dueling shows.

but yeah i enjoyed 5D's soo much awesome in this show :)

i might check this though, it looks cool but i don't like the character at all, not to mention the atmosphere seems to be more lighter than 5D's or DM
Jan 30, 2011 5:06 PM

Mar 2010
-Voltekka said:
Holy shit, the main guy looks horrible. And looking by the trailer it looks like this will be kiddie shit like gx.

u said it , that's what am scared of ... another kiddy shit like GX [ no action - no good drawing - crapy hair-cut ] .

i guess i will wait it's after next season [ after Zexal ] :)
i just have to wait another 5 years .
Feb 9, 2011 11:58 AM

Sep 2008
I just saw the trailer and.....WTF it look SO damn childish. 5ds was such A serious show and after that they give us a show for the 10 years old or less. For those who thought GX was for the kids, you didn't see the trailer of Zexal yet. Maybe I'm wrong and the show will be good but with trailer I saw, I really doubt it.
Feb 9, 2011 1:24 PM

Nov 2008
fire_star007 said:
I just saw the trailer and.....WTF it look SO damn childish. 5ds was such A serious show and after that they give us a show for the 10 years old or less. For those who thought GX was for the kids, you didn't see the trailer of Zexal yet. Maybe I'm wrong and the show will be good but with trailer I saw, I really doubt it.

I agree GX was way better than this, the scenery is terrible compared to the 1st Yu-Gi-Oh, GX, and 5Ds which all have above average to excellent visuals. Don't like the characters either.

Feb 10, 2011 5:15 AM

Feb 2008
The art style is crap, the character designs are crap, the trailer looked like a kids anime like Duel Masters and the plot sounds like crap.

5d's is a masterpiece that has so much potential with it's dark theme and interesting characters. It's a damn travesty that it is the shortest Yu-Gi-Oh! anime.

Feb 16, 2011 9:13 AM
Apr 2010
i read the first two chapters of the manga
the new playing system is really intersting

btw, why can't i find a page for the Manga in MAL?
Feb 23, 2011 1:30 PM

Jan 2011
*shudders* The character designs...O.O

I'm very depressed about 5D's ending, but it would have been better if they just ended the entire franchise than make this tragedy.

Apparently, Kotori has no clue about Duel Monsters at all and thinks Astral is a ghost. -____- I'm going to miss Aki the badass heroine.
Feb 23, 2011 1:34 PM

Jan 2011
*shudders* The character designs...O.O

I'm very depressed about 5D's ending, but it would have been better if they just ended the entire franchise than make this tragedy.

Apparently, Kotori has no clue about Duel Monsters at all and thinks Astral is a ghost. -____- I'm going to miss Aki the badass heroine.
Feb 26, 2011 10:07 PM
Aug 2008
GOSH, there is so much baawing about this series. Can we at leats wait for ONE EPISODE to air before we decide that this new series is a tragedy? Have we forgotten the initial reaction to card games on motorbikes?
Feb 28, 2011 2:50 AM

May 2007
This show is gonna be EXTREME.
/watch?v=Z0J88R2gJtk

Mar 9, 2011 3:29 AM

Oct 2009
I'm not too excited about this series either. Cardfight was a letdown too, though I'm not sure how it's been doing in the last few weeks (only watched the first 3 eps and didn't really like it).

5D's was the best series of all because it felt much more mature in terms of themes, and especially the characters.

I agree that ZeXal looks like another GX but as long as the main character is more like Yugi than Jayden (or is he known better as Judai?) then things might go okay for this new series.
Mar 27, 2011 6:30 PM

Feb 2010
Bad character design is bad.

5D revolutionize the game with the concept of synchro, combine with awesome OST and gripping duels. It managed to combine all the best possible elements of Yugioh, I just don't see the potential in this but I'll still check it out. Please don't be a GX 2....
Mar 29, 2011 3:40 PM

Aug 2009
live2win said:
Bad character design is bad.

5D revolutionize the game with the concept of synchro, combine with awesome OST and gripping duels. It managed to combine all the best possible elements of Yugioh, I just don't see the potential in this but I'll still check it out. Please don't be a GX 2....

+1 lol.
Apr 3, 2011 8:50 AM

Jan 2008
Duels on mechas please.

"It's time to duel!"
* Does some insanely retarded black flip spin and lands on top of a Gundam *
* Opponent does the same *
* Both mecha looks like they're about to pull out a beam saber but instead a duel disk and get into duel stance *
Both: "DUEL!"

If it's like this... I'll watch every episode.
Apr 3, 2011 6:09 PM

Apr 2010
I don't like Zexal. I have liked 5Ds since the preview at the end of GX. So idk about this.
Apr 8, 2011 9:34 AM
Oct 2008
Sadly it seems that Zexal is meant to target a younger audience, I think Konami has made a horrible mistake in doing so because not everyone is going to be willing to watch an anime with a protagonist as a little kid.
Apr 8, 2011 9:38 AM

Nov 2008
Lelouch101 said:
Sadly it seems that Zexal is meant to target a younger audience, I think Konami has made a horrible mistake in doing so because not everyone is going to be willing to watch an anime with a protagonist as a little kid.

I agree with this, Yu-Gi-Oh was always meant for a teenage audience (5Ds had elements for a young adult audience as well), this watered down installment of the series was a horrible mistake and even the card game is meant for a teenage audience.

Apr 19, 2011 7:55 PM

Apr 2011
WheelerTheViper said:
GOSH, there is so much baawing about this series. Can we at leats wait for ONE EPISODE to air before we decide that this new series is a tragedy? Have we forgotten the initial reaction to card games on motorbikes?

Thank you!~
May 23, 2011 1:55 AM

Nov 2008
PrinceHeir said:
why does konami has a trend like this?

Original Yu-Gi-Oh! DM(great to excellent) Yu-Gi-Oh! GX(meh it was good but not great) 5D"s(Awesome to best in the series) and now Yugioh Zexal(going to GX way it seems) i might watch Cardfight!! Vanguard for my dueling shows.

lol it is more like Yu-Gi-Oh DM (best in series), Yu-Gi-Oh GX (ok), Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds (worst crap you can think of), Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Some bad shit but better then 5Ds)

Yu-Gi-Oh is dead i dont know why they keep making new episodes, if they cant make something more like the old
Jul 28, 2011 12:07 PM

Apr 2008
5D's wasn't that bad. I do have a problem with them ruining Aki, but overall the story wasn't as bad as it was when it first started. I need more people dueling other than the main guy, though. o.o

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Episode 69 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 27, 2012

4 by vv1 »»
Apr 8, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Episode 67 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 13, 2012

7 by vv1 »»
Apr 7, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Episode 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 30, 2012

7 by vv1 »»
Apr 7, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Episode 64 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2012

3 by vv1 »»
Apr 6, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Episode 63 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2012

4 by vv1 »»
Apr 6, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.