Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 12, 2010 9:33 PM
Sep 2009
lololol i think maybe they are trying too hard
i can accept flat characters, plot holes and what not but there's just no excuse for this one.
Dec 12, 2010 9:35 PM

Apr 2009
I agree. That is utterly impossible.
Dec 13, 2010 4:22 AM

Dec 2010
Some people are just stupid, there are five documented cases, this can happen in a set of identical boys, when one twin "drops" or "looses" a "Y" chromosome, resulting in a single chromosome, wich could mean that Sora was originally a boy, but I don't see on any place saying Sora and Haru are identical twins.
Dec 13, 2010 8:10 PM
Sep 2009
ok. read this
http://myanimelist.net/character/33225/Haruka_Kasugano
a simple google search also does the trick

for me, 5 cases in the world is not enough to prove that they are not being totally unrealistic and stupid
3486723428460Dec 15, 2010 7:01 PM
Dec 13, 2010 8:26 PM

Jul 2010
It is possible, if there are certain chromosome mutation as SetsunaFromSeiei said.
When they say its identical twins of opposite sex, they do not look exactly identical due to gender differences.
Dec 13, 2010 11:02 PM

Apr 2008
So their children would have epic mutations cause of the pretty much identical chromosomes? Or did I completely forget highschool biology?
Dec 13, 2010 11:26 PM

Jul 2009
^ Higher chance for recessive homozygous alleles to bind together, which leads to mutations. Furthermore, if a particular lineage is infected with an inheritable disease/mutation, it also increases the chance of passing said disease/mutation to the offsprings. But even then, the rate doesn't go up by much thus is not as "epic" as the urban legend tends to exaggerate it; and in the end it's merely a taboo that society imposes on its citizens, or maybe some do intend for a genetic divergence of the human gene pool by imposing such restriction.... Who knows?

TL;DR: No epic mutations for YOU!!!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Dec 14, 2010 1:58 AM

Mar 2010
happysushi said:
ok. read this

for me, 5 cases in the world is not enough to prove that they are being totally unrealistic and stupid

http://myanimelist.net/character/33221/Sora_Kasugano
Here it says that they are fraternal twins. Clearly one of them is wrong but i'd be more inclined to trust the Wiki source rather than the erogereview one.
Dec 14, 2010 2:38 AM

Aug 2010
LOL!!

I love how this tread is going all scientific- I think i've just took in more science then i did in the last two years-

But really, when has anime ever NOT follow it's own laws of nature?
Dec 14, 2010 4:00 AM

Dec 2008
It's anime, last time I checked no anime has followed all the rules of science in the real world.

If so, every main male protagonist of an ecchi show would literally die in the first episode of nosebleeds, now that wouldn't be fun.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Dec 14, 2010 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
^ While they don't follow ALL the rules of science in the real world, the fact that they're made by IRL people thus be obliged to relate to a certain aspects of the real world doesn't change. Some anime/manga try to include trivial scientific knowledge and while some did a good job due to the author knowing WTF he's dealing with, others just scratch the surface of their intended subjects and PHAIL to deliver the core principle of said subjects or the author only grasps the general "rumored" knowledge and doesn't research 'nuff to know what's right and wrong then generally pick the wrong side as a result, which in turn, leads their work(s) to become an unintended laughing stock.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Dec 14, 2010 5:46 PM
Jun 2009
ryuu_zer0 said:
happysushi said:
ok. read this

for me, 5 cases in the world is not enough to prove that they are being totally unrealistic and stupid

http://myanimelist.net/character/33221/Sora_Kasugano
Here it says that they are fraternal twins. Clearly one of them is wrong but i'd be more inclined to trust the Wiki source rather than the erogereview one.

i think its a lost in translation type error in the west we have fraternal and identical twins, in the us we have one type of black in south america they go on to say chocolate coffee and such, there could be a third distenction in traditional japan, or only the two ignoring biology because in traditional japan twins were bad luck (double check that) my point being its japanese not american we think diffrently than they do
Cuz I'm Just that awesome
Dec 15, 2010 5:00 AM
Dec 2008
happysushi said:
ok. read this

lol you just contradicted yourself.
i believe you intended to write "to prove that they are NOT being totally unrealistic and stupid."
although i guess the other comments in this thread have already proved otherwise.
Dec 15, 2010 6:13 AM

Oct 2009
Who cares?

Misdreavius said:
If so, every main male protagonist of an ecchi show would literally die in the first episode of nosebleeds, now that wouldn't be fun.

It'd be fun to see that occur in an anime.
Dec 15, 2010 7:02 PM
Sep 2009
piercestar said:
happysushi said:
ok. read this

lol you just contradicted yourself.
i believe you intended to write "to prove that they are NOT being totally unrealistic and stupid."
although i guess the other comments in this thread have already proved otherwise.

fixed

of course, anime, as fictional media is allowed to have it's own set of rules to follow for the story to work. but this total ignorance of logic for the sake of fanservice, if you like, just makes it cheesy and laughable

on second thought, maybe you guys are right about them two being fraternal twins. i'd also pick wiki over some blogging site even though probably neither is trustworthy. when i started this thread i just looked at the descriptions on MAL.
3486723428460Dec 15, 2010 7:11 PM
Dec 16, 2010 9:42 PM

Mar 2010
Wtf how many girls do you know that have a penis?? Twins of the OPPOSITE SEX. Also fraternal means non identical.
Dec 17, 2010 12:42 AM

Jul 2009
ryuu_zer0 said:
Wtf how many girls do you know that have a penis?? Twins of the OPPOSITE SEX. Also fraternal means non identical.

And therefore, they're regular siblings. It's the same as if you were fucking your 2-years-younger sister, except they happened to be born at the same time. Which makes it uncomfortable >_>
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 30, 2011 9:18 PM
Sep 2009
wheresthehandle said:
ryuu_zer0 said:

And therefore, they're regular siblings. It's the same as if you were fucking your 2-years-younger sister, except they happened to be born at the same time. Which makes it uncomfortable >_>

what do you mean, it would be comfortable and alright just if they weren't born on the same time?
Jan 31, 2011 5:42 PM

Mar 2010
happysushi said:
wheresthehandle said:
ryuu_zer0 said:

what do you mean, it would be comfortable and alright just if they weren't born on the same time?

Anything is comfortable and alright in anime
Feb 1, 2011 4:34 PM

May 2010
happysushi said:
ok. read this

for me, 5 cases in the world is not enough to prove that they are not being totally unrealistic and stupid

in many ways Haruka is the splitting image of his fraternal twin sister Sora

im sorry can you read that again?

im pretty sure that says fraternal lol
Feb 1, 2011 4:36 PM

May 2010
wheresthehandle said:
ryuu_zer0 said:

you gotta remember though they were separated for along time because sora has a weak body so theyre not really "siblings" in the state of mind only in blood :P thats why he kissed her when they were kids
Feb 1, 2011 10:05 PM

May 2010

/thread
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 5, 2011 2:11 PM
Sep 2009
TrueUchiha said:
happysushi said:
ok. read this

in many ways Haruka is the splitting image of his fraternal twin sister Sora

im sorry can you read that again?

im pretty sure that says fraternal lol

fyi this thread was started before his profile info got edited. it had said identical in place of fraternal before.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by Obscurantist »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dunkmaru - Dec 20, 2010

513 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.