Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Oct 28, 2016 12:04 PM

Mar 2016
ziggy_Z said:
Fred457 said:
And just like that, The Magician has died
No one was there to see him go.
No one was there to hear his last words.

Very few shows have made me cry even on one occasion. LoGH has made me cry on two.
;_;
What was the first occasion? Kircheis?

Yea
Looking back it doesn't seem that sad but I genuinely felt for Reinhard when it was happening
Then again when I watch the gaiden series it will probably get much more sorrowful
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 6, 2016 5:54 PM

Aug 2014
I admit I was not a fan of Yang's fleet, i wanted them to be gone because they ruin the show seriousness.
But Yang was a very interesting character, I liked him since the beginning.
Now i was annoyed at him in some parts, but some of his lines are fantastic.

The final 10 seconds in this episode gave a strong impact on me, very touching death for humble Yang.
And now i can't help but consider him one of my favorite characters.

Annoying death for such great important character but at the same time it was unexpected to be like that and it was humble and delivered the feels.

RIP Yang (T.T)

Excellent Episode.
Nov 8, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2015
I just watched this episode, i cannot fucking believe it

wat
Nov 11, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2013
I can't believe that actually happened. I fully expected someone (Julian) to come and save him.

Now I don't even know what to say. Speechless. Fuck dude.
Dec 31, 2016 4:58 AM

Jul 2008
DROPPED

BEGINNER
Jan 1, 2017 1:04 PM

Feb 2015
I knew some shit would come down, but why this ... nothing makes sense...
Jan 4, 2017 4:29 PM
Aug 2014
i wonder what happens now ,still have 4 episodes of season 3 and the rest of season 4 :/
At least we got to see Schenkopp go beast mode

Also
Meerkats righthand man (forgot the name) last episode was quoted saying
"well sleeping is sort of like dying anyway."
hilikusssJan 5, 2017 3:48 AM
Jan 14, 2017 1:22 AM

May 2015
;_; he even memed before his death
Jan 15, 2017 7:19 PM

Apr 2016
Well, everything betrayed my expectation...Lots of events happened in this episode.

Firstly, Oberstein seems to be still doing all the hard job despite being hated by everyone.
I somewhat feel really bad for the guy, however the second half of this episode overshadow everything else, perhaps even the last few intense episode as well

While he's still being so carefree, i thought he's gona make it out alive after several narrow escape happened before, but what happened afterwards is really odd, so unexpected, unpleasantly.

It seems although Yang has always been calm, deep down inside he feel guilty toward all the life he's taken, even if it's for the sake of his people, for his own course which he believes to be the righteous one. How sad it is, everything happened too swift, dang the author, i thought if he's going to die, at least he should have a deathmatch with Reinhard like they always had before, the final showdown of the 2 most powerful being in the galaxy....

But well, life's suck, must be what the author want to imply here. He can elegantly control thousands of ships, overcome hundred of obstacle, come up with weird yet effective plans, surpass even the most powerful man in the galaxy, yet adversary will always be there to remind us that no matter how calculative, smart, cunning you are, you can not escape fate. RIP Yang, back in the first few episode, when he was approached by a kid who said he want to become a soldier like Yang, Yang said that he wouldn't have to because the galaxy would be at peace by then. Let's hope Yang's word will come true through his legacy.

CzeroCJan 15, 2017 7:22 PM
Jan 22, 2017 3:44 AM
Apr 2016
Although there is no much sense of killing Yang Wenli, there was

the actor who give Yang voice was ill at the time, Kei Tomiyama died in september 25.1995, he had a cancer, my guess is that he probably couldn't do his job (act-voice) due the illness, the magican doesn't come back was aired at february 1.

Of course they could probably find someone else to voice Wenli, but everyone know that wouldnt be the same. I think that Kei's ilness was reason why they want to cut of his character off the series.

In the end both of them died. RIP Wenli, RIP Tomiyama,
Jan 22, 2017 8:28 AM

Jun 2013
MioSakomoto said:
Although there is no much sense of killing Yang Wenli, there was

the actor who give Yang voice was ill at the time, Kei Tomiyama died in september 25.1995, he had a cancer, my guess is that he probably couldn't do his job (act-voice) due the illness, the magican doesn't come back was aired at february 1.

Of course they could probably find someone else to voice Wenli, but everyone know that wouldnt be the same. I think that Kei's ilness was reason why they want to cut of his character off the series.

In the end both of them died. RIP Wenli, RIP Tomiyama,

Actually it was a coincidence, because Yang was also killed by the Terraists in the original novels published in 1987. But still tragic nonetheless.
Feb 17, 2017 9:29 PM

Dec 2016
For situations like this: http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ -- Press the button indefinitely.
Mar 9, 2017 9:39 AM

Jul 2015
It hurts so much Wenli :'( i'll always remember you
Mar 25, 2017 8:57 PM

Sep 2016
It's been a while since a show made me visually mad, and I still got 28 eps to go. I had to process what happened for like 2 minutes and than I was like "that just happened?". I want to see if he will be avenged and what will happen to everyone else as a result.

RIP
Mar 28, 2017 6:43 AM
Nov 2009
I forgot what that soldiers name is but he pretty much pulled a Hodor for Yang lol
May 13, 2017 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
I can't believe that Yang just freaking died, right here, not in a final fight against Reinhard, no, just in a meaningless fight, shot by a random enemy, I can't believe what just happened. Rest in piece magician.
Jun 22, 2017 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
RIP Yang Wenli (my favorite character in this series, and one of my favorite anime characters) :'(

Damn, It's too early for him to die with 28 episodes to go and HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO DIE LIKE THAT, EVER :'(

Saddest episode at this moment, compared to the deaths of Kircheis and Bucock

(currently in ep.85 by the time I am writing this comment)

Aug 28, 2017 12:33 PM

Feb 2015
I am like so fucking triggered right now.
Sep 3, 2017 4:23 AM

Sep 2014
Wow I did not see that coming. Considering how Yangs Fanboys never lost anything (besides that one minor character just now) I always feared for Reinhards life. But this is surprising, I was wondering what the Terraism thing was all about because it added nothing to the story but all of this probably lead up to this. Im curious how Reinhard will react. Again stolen the chance for victory and now his opponent forever. And still so many eps left. Wow.

The most amazing thing is still how this was not spoiled somewhere. Most older animes get spoiled everywhere but people are cautious with LoGH. I still managed to read the comments before the episode to spoil myself. Dumb me.

But Im not really bothered by his death. I dod not enjoy the story with him anyway. Its just surprising he went so "soon" and all the other rebels are still alive.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 4, 2017 12:21 AM

Mar 2016
Comander-07 said:
Wow I did not see that coming. Considering how Yangs Fanboys never lost anything (besides that one minor character just now) I always feared for Reinhards life. But this is surprising, I was wondering what the Terraism thing was all about because it added nothing to the story but all of this probably lead up to this. Im curious how Reinhard will react. Again stolen the chance for victory and now his opponent forever. And still so many eps left. Wow.
Terraism plays a bigger role as Reinhard has to consolidate his power in a similar manner to how modern terrorism takes center stage as conventional warfare dies out
they're still horrible horrible villains tho
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Sep 20, 2017 8:57 PM

Mar 2013
After reading the news about the new series adaptation, I just had to revisit this thread lol

kurikinton said:

I laughed harder than I should lol good one

Comander-07 said:

The most amazing thing is still how this was not spoiled somewhere. Most older animes get spoiled everywhere but people are cautious with LoGH. I still managed to read the comments before the episode to spoil myself. Dumb me.

I thought Yang's death is one of the most spoiler-prone in LoGH discussions and one of the top search suggestions for Yang Wenli is "Yang Wenli death" on Google. Though I'm glad that you were able to avoid it up to this episode. I wasn't. It also didn't help that the narrator hinted it.
Sep 21, 2017 12:10 AM

Sep 2014
LiaNF said:
After reading the news about the new series adaptation, I just had to revisit this thread lol

kurikinton said:

I laughed harder than I should lol good one

Comander-07 said:

I thought Yang's death is one of the most spoiler-prone in LoGH discussions and one of the top search suggestions for Yang Wenli is "Yang Wenli death" on Google. Though I'm glad that you were able to avoid it up to this episode. I wasn't. It also didn't help that the narrator hinted it.
yeah the narrator is gold. Once he said "nobody can possibly know what the future holds" I expected him to say "except for me bitches I know everything"

why would I google yang wen li? obviously you get spoiled that way.
I fear a bit they will change that in the new series :/
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 4, 2017 9:03 AM

Nov 2009
Even though I knew he was going to die and even the episode when it happens...

How or why...were a secret still...and it hit me hard with how subtle it was.

RIP Kircheis. RIP Yang.

RIP future characters I have guesses for...
Nov 29, 2017 6:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i am a little confused, but Yang Wenli died!!! O_o I suppose that he was one of the principal characters of this anime, and also this is the episode 82 to 110 in total, remaining 28 to end, and the best character died!!! :/
This two last minutes of the episode were the most dramatic of all the anime series!!! :/

I am very sad ; _ ; my favorite character next to Kircheis is died :(
Dec 25, 2017 10:51 PM
Nov 2012
The useless idiot potilicians

They let enemy board for no better reason than to show off
Led the enemy right to where yang is
got killed anyway

If they were gonna take out Yang, it could've at least been in a better way than that

Throughout his whole career, he'd been hindered and put in danger by stupid politicians whom he kept risking his life to protect. Ironic
Jan 18, 2018 8:20 AM
Sep 2017
Quite honestly, I think this is a good turn. I liked Yang as much as anyone else, but this is a good decision.
Alliance is finished, Yang was just uselessly halting the unstoppable flow of events, and it has been heavily hinted that Julian would catch Yang’s relay soon so it was about time for that pay off.
Once the “last redoubt of resistance” narrative was exhausted this was the best use for the character, allowing the story to progress in unexplored directions.
PotatoDevourerJan 18, 2018 8:26 AM
Feb 6, 2018 1:14 AM

Sep 2017
I knew it was coming but damn did it hurt. RIP Miracle Yang, you will be missed.
Feb 9, 2018 5:20 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Well we all knew it was coming (damn you narrator). I'm surprised as well I wasn't spoiled on MAL's forum prior to watching this show, about either Kircheis' nor Yang's deaths, when I've been spoiled repeatedly over other character deaths. But I suppose it's also because LotGH only has 27k completed (as of right now), in comparison to the other shows I'm thinking about. Thank goodness.

Anyways, I wanted to say, I'm in the small camp of people who liked Yang, but was not devastated by his death either, than say I would be, if it had been Reinhard. Yang's a very interesting character to me personally, not because of his awesome quotes and how broadminded he is, but because he also has a few traits that made me dislike him, especially after the FPA officially surrendered. I also came to be a bit bitter with his constant winnings and his group, but I've come to realized that's not entirely his fault but the writer and those people who follow him. I have really conflicted feelings towards Yang, but I still respect him. I just wish I was more genuinely saddened by his death (like actually crying as I usually would when I am sad about a character death or event in a narrative). I guess I'm not that emotionally connected to him because I've been fully rooting for Reinhard since the halfway point, and while I've never wanted Yang to die, he was the biggest hindrance to Reinhard.

Reading through this thread though and spending a bit more time thinking about Yang's death, I really liked the way it was handled. And it reflects my conflicted feelings about Yang almost perfectly. It's hard to describe what I mean, but for one, Yang's death was lonely and bloody, surely a "punishment" for the blood he's shed, he believes he deserves it, because he knows that all the blood that was shed was for his belief in democracy (and not necessarily peace). It was a fitting, yet a sad death...but also not really? He died under the effects of the sleeping pill, he was able to pass on in a calm manner. He also seemed to die without regrets, that he didn't bring Frederica or Julian with him was a good thing. Also given Yang's personality, he would definitely prefer to go out quietly in the hands of a nobody, than dramatically. Basically, there's a lot more to Yang's death behind its anti-climatic execution. Rather than depressing, it was almost beautiful?

I wanted to leave a better comment regarding Yang's death, but I'm terrible with words and gathering my thoughts in a coherent manner...

--------

Other than the shocking event in this episode, I would've liked to see people's reactions about it actually being Reinhard who asked for the truce, and especially his reason for it. I mean it would've been hard to imagine Reinhard coming up with it himself, and even harder to believe if someone had convinced him to do so. Still, Kircheis is still important as ever, even ~50 episodes after his death....truly amazing. Reinhard looked at peace though, as he sat in his bed, almost recovered. I can't say he'll be in peace for long though, after hearing this news.
Feb 11, 2018 11:37 AM
Dec 2014
I wasn't spoiled by the preview but spoiled when I downloaded the episode on gogoanime I didn't saw the death itself but Frederica sad expressions.
This is the saddest death in anime to me after

I wonder what will happen from now.
small44Feb 11, 2018 11:41 AM
Feb 13, 2018 5:04 PM

Apr 2012
The narrator needs to die a slow and painful death. Or at least the people that like giving us these not so vague spoilers! Really ruining my enjoyment of the show.
Feb 16, 2018 10:59 PM

May 2016
Damn it screw that soldier.
R I P YANG WENLI REST IN PEACE T_T
Mar 14, 2018 4:52 PM
Apr 2012
I had a bad feeling, but not like this.. Damn... I feel like a car was just dropped on my chest.. Manly tears we're shed.
Mar 19, 2018 1:09 PM

Jun 2015
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
FUCK THE NARRATOR FUCK THE 81 PREVIEW FUCK THAT NOBODY SOLDIER AND FUCK THIS ;_;

can't believe they made him go like this
RIP Yang Wen-li the greatest leader of all time
Baka-OujiMar 19, 2018 1:13 PM
Mar 25, 2018 1:21 PM

Jan 2009
The narrator already spoiled Yang's death, but it was still shocking and sad!
This shows how brilliant the writing is, the writer doesn't need to make the death surprising or heroic, it's still very effective and meaningful for the plot, also it was timed perfectly and had proper build up.

My only complaint is with how the assassins were acting, the guy that shot Yang ran off like a retard and even threw his gun away without finishing Yang off! And then the guys Julian chopped to death were unarmed! Also Julian didn't even bother to check Yang's pulse, he only saw some blood and went berserk!

Other than that it was a great episode, btw I hate to admit it, but the assassination plan was pretty clever!
DiabloMaskApr 4, 2018 5:54 AM
Apr 3, 2018 3:45 PM

Jan 2017
AREEEE YOUUU KIDDDING ME?!!! please stop the bad joke before it's too late goddamn author
Apr 17, 2018 9:34 PM

Jul 2017
Please tell me that this is a dream. Nooooooooo Yang 😢😢😢😢😢
Apr 20, 2018 6:19 PM

Apr 2014
YES! VICTORY! a good day for the Empire (and the terraists i guess) to have the annoying Yang written off with a shot to the leg. Score 1 for the imperial boys
Apr 24, 2018 4:32 AM

Sep 2016
What the fuck
28 episode left and Yang is dead
How can they beat Reinhard now? everyone besides Yang is incompetent. Don't tell me Reinhard will get fever (again) and die this time and the war is back to square 1 lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 25, 2018 12:50 AM
May 2017
Goddamn I didnt expect him to die so unceremoniously.But thats why this anime is great, it shows you how war/life really is.It doesnt matter if youre one of the two most important people in the universe, youll still bleed out in a dark corridor and die alone.
Apr 30, 2018 9:44 PM
Nov 2014
well... I guess he took an arrow to the knee.
May 2, 2018 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
RIP Yang Wenli. Very artistic way to die the first time I saw it.
May 16, 2018 8:09 PM
Apr 2018
clannad4ever said:
BEFORE THE EPISODE:
ok finally,i've been expecting to watch this episode for such a long time...here is it...episode #82...wow i have no idea what will happen,i'm really pumped xD
i watched only the first few seconds,and it already looks epic...
here's what i think will happen:

AFTER THE EPISODE:
...........................asjkldfqwekfwefjkl;wfjkltgw34rtqwe4t
SHIT
F*CK
damn it man....NOOOO screw this ;(,WHY?that f*cking coward,it's not fair :(
screw it man really :(,that was a stupid way to die :(...maybe if he wouldn't have taken those sleeping pills he wouldn't have acted like a drug addict,before he got shot he barely could realise the gravity of what was happening,that's what i saw...

anyways I'm speechless

one more thing....@eyerok

wtf man O_O

EDIT:I'm really wondering how will the series continue without the most important character....how will Julian and Frederika react?...i'm already feeling so sorry for them

Can we somehow go back to the origins of that thread and spoiler those comments? Thanks to Clannad commenting on the posts for episode 82 I knew Yang was going to die here. It frustrated me so much.

Anhyway RIP Yang. RIP Patrichev. RIP Soul. RIP Blumhardt. And yeah, Fork died too. Anyway...

Yeah that wasn't a massive shock to me. Between the episode 82 remarks before and the narrator we knew this was coming. I got the feeling way back when on Earth that it would indeed be the Earth Cult that finished off Yang too. Fork's death was hilarious tough but I still didn't trust the random imperial soldiers we've never seen before. I also knew the El Facil morons would somehow mess things up too. Too bad our second and third favourite Rosenritters had to go too, and before I was worried Blumhardt would replace Walter. Also Patrichev was always so happy. Such a shame.

Yang has been the purest character in the whole show. The man with the most moral values of anybody. And now this. Damn. The Earth Cult is about to experience the harsh revenge of not only Yang's friends but of the Empire too. Screw them!

So it was Reinhard who wanted the peace treaty. Didn't see that coming. And damn Oberstein for being such a twat.

What a sad episode.

1) The Empire. Without even killing Yang they may have won the war.
2) Yang..... I guess I need a new name for these guys now. Dreadful loss. Will they surrender or cover up his death?
3) The Earth Cult. Overtaking Rubinski be completing their plan to kill Yang.
4) Rubinksi. Now I get the feeling his plan will be the next one we see...
5) The Golden Balm's.
-) And so this was the end of the El Facil government. Idiots.
May 25, 2018 12:00 AM

Dec 2016
how can i move on with my life after this episode?!?!? im dead

i want him back...
Aug 8, 2018 12:31 PM

Oct 2017
Man, I... I... just... oh fu-
Can I like... gee...

Yang, oh sh-
YAAAAAANG
Sep 14, 2018 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
Yang stayed the best character till the very end, and needless to say things aren't looking great for the future of democracy.
Sep 18, 2018 11:43 AM

Nov 2017
This is the best possible ending to Yangs character arc, by making his death pointless it perfectly captures why terrorism and war is pointless and it forces the viewer to face that fact otherwise it would've been just another concept of the show.
RapidShadowSep 19, 2018 2:21 AM
Sep 29, 2018 3:58 AM

Mar 2018
I watched Episode 83 while thinking about Yang's death...
Nov 1, 2018 10:04 PM
Apr 2018
I watched episode 81's preview AFTER this episode. Thank God I did and thank God I followed you guys suggestion about skipping previews.

I had a glimmer of hope until the narrator said "Yang Wenli's time stopped at age 33..."

This can't be happening... it is one of the best death scenes I have ever seen.
Nov 9, 2018 11:49 PM

Feb 2017
See, kids? That's why you don't take sleeping pills. Drugs KILL.
Jan 16, 2019 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
Even though I'm an opponent of democracy, and often found fault with Yang Wenli's words, this hit me rather hard. I imagine the Kaiser will be devastated by the news.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.