Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 23, 2009 5:06 AM

Feb 2008
A humble man dies a humble death. It fits his character perfectly.
Jun 3, 2009 4:35 AM

Apr 2009
That Yang would die was only evident in these last few episodes, before the narrator's grim voice declared that "it would be the last time Yang and Julian spoke through the whole night" I couldn't possibly anticipate it. I am certain that Reinhard will eventually die young, the brightest stars always fall first, but I always hoped that Yang would live on and die a humble death, retired and in peace, from old age. His early-death was quite shocking and the 3rd season's ed only made sense to me after this event.
Jun 10, 2009 6:35 PM

Sep 2008
Why the fuck did I watch the ep 81 preview?!
Why the fuck did yang have to die?!
Man, this was really depressing. :'(
Jun 14, 2009 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
Man, that was so... FUUUU-

Great men die on pitiful ways, but at least he didn't left the world with an epic death. He wouldn't be pleased. Just like Reinhard when he refused to build a giant statue of himself, both are humble man in his own ways.

I just felt so... empty, after watching this. Makes me value this series even more.
Jun 19, 2009 7:37 AM

Nov 2007
I think that's the first time I've ever, while watching anime, verbally objected to something happening on my screen by use of profanity.

Was a couple days before I watched any more LOGH, I knew it was coming for a long time simply due to the fact Yang has a successor in Julian, but this was harsh.

Absolutely brilliantly written, heartbreaking nonetheless.
Jun 24, 2009 10:54 PM

Apr 2009
After all that build up with Reinhard, and it ends with him being shot in the leg by some random guy without a name, and bleeding to death. Quite anticlimactic, but pretty artistic at the same time. Frederica and Julian are gonna be really depressed, but I think Reinhard is gonna take it harder than anyone. He is gonna be fuckin pissed when he finds out.

RIP Yang Wenli, Galactic Heroes...no, the anime world wont be the same without you.
Osaka117Jun 24, 2009 11:06 PM

Jul 3, 2009 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
I already knew this was going to happen, I read a spoiler of this episode somewhere weeks before but it still got me. I'm still shocked at how the scene was written. Brilliant and depressing. -_-
Jul 5, 2009 3:24 PM

Mar 2009
I did not beleve in the preview of episode 82... i though that they where trying to fool me.

Just spend all my day depressed.
Jul 11, 2009 4:53 AM

Feb 2008
Dam the narrator and my bad habit of looking at the previews for spoiling me.

Even Yang himself was disappointed at the way that he was gonna die.
Jul 24, 2009 11:46 PM
Mar 2008
leandrokusdra said:
I did not beleve in the preview of episode 82...

Nayah said:
my bad habit of looking at the previews for spoiling me.

HydraA said:
Why the fuck did I watch the ep 81 preview?!

I was too slow in skipping the episode preview ONCE in the entire run up to this point. Of course I knew it would eventually happen, just not the exact episode. Not that it mattered in the end. Between this episode and the following episode... manly tears were shed.
Aug 1, 2009 12:55 PM

Dec 2007
That wasn't a very heroic death for Yang Wenli. In a way it was of course fitting, not getting killed by Reinhard in battle for just some random people as part of a scheme.
Aug 28, 2009 10:32 AM

Apr 2009
This is by far one of the saddest scenes in anime that I have seen. Poor Yang, what a way to go.
My vision is augmented.
Sep 7, 2009 2:08 AM

May 2009
I literally felt like shit after I saw him die for the rest of the day. I didn't even talk to anyone for the rest of the day. It can not be healthy to be this attached to a character and a series ........

Don't recommend me something that is still publishing, unless its close to being finished. Don't recommend me anything that isn't licensed.
Sep 14, 2009 1:38 AM
Apr 2008
I cannot believe it. Why!? The good die young, as they say. Truly a depressing moment in anime history right here.
Sep 25, 2009 6:24 AM

Jan 2009
I...

Really, I am speechless at the moment, I can't believe Yang just died... I am literally shivering, I just shed a river of tears. Certainly I didn't thought I would be attached to Yang this way... God I just...sfk sadfdf fd2t334

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 10, 2009 8:29 AM

Feb 2009
I went into this show spoiler-free, so when I got to this episode I was thoroughly shocked. Yes I did curse at the screen, damn authors for killing of the coolest character :-(

Felt really empty for the rest of the day, probably the saddest death scene I have ever seen -_-
Oct 13, 2009 10:32 PM

Dec 2007
Some kid at Otakon this year spoiled Yang's death for me, I'm kinda glad he did though, because if I'm taking it this bad with knowledge before-hand I don't know how I would've reacted if I did know. At least I wasn't entirely sure how it was going to happen, I knew it wouldn't be in battle since it would be too expected. After seeing his death, Yang Wenli will probably be my favorite fictional character of all time.

#NBHNC
Oct 14, 2009 5:16 AM

Jan 2008
GeorgeMoshington said:
Some kid at Otakon this year spoiled Yang's death for me

Give us a name. That's all we need. Just give us a name and we will take care of him. People like him dont deserve freedom.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 18, 2009 4:26 AM

Jul 2008
Knew what was going to happen just from mentions of ep 82.

Damn you gaiz.
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Oct 18, 2009 11:35 AM

Mar 2008
I was lucky and had no idea that Yang would ever die when i was watching the anime. I feel bad for you guys who were spoiled.
Oct 18, 2009 6:02 PM

Jan 2009
Well i must say i was not expecting that, took me by total surprise. This was probably one of the saddest deaths i have seen in anime.

Now i shall go cry in the corner :'(
Oct 18, 2009 6:03 PM

Mar 2008
burntlettuce said:
Well i must say i was not expecting that, took me by total surprise. This was probably one of the saddest deaths i have seen in anime.

Now i shall go cry in the corner :'(

/hug
Oct 20, 2009 5:20 PM

Dec 2007
Beatnik said:
GeorgeMoshington said:

Give us a name. That's all we need. Just give us a name and we will take care of him. People like him dont deserve freedom.
I wish I knew, kid was a complete idiot too, he said it at the beginning of a LOGH fan panel where most people hadn't even started the series.

#NBHNC
Oct 27, 2009 12:26 AM

Jun 2009
I liked Yang, I really did. But, it didn't bother me that much that he died. I think I'd probably take Reinhard's death, if he does die, a little harder. I do think that the scene was well done and not overly dramatic which, of course, fits the nature of LOGH.

The question is: Will Julian actually be able to fill the rather large shoes of Yang Wenli, I personally doubt it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 3, 2009 12:40 PM

Jul 2008
I just finished this episode
damn...I'm speechless =.=
even it was hinted before that he will die..but still it was very SHOCKING to see him die like that T.T one of the most saddest death that have ever seen..it was really really well written .... it was not a heroic death but really left an impact..I really cried T.T and seeing that black & white picture of him at the end T.T
omg I still can't believe that he is gone..such a great character...
I wonder how Reinhard will react..
and I doubt Julian will be as great as Yang...I think nobody can replace him..

RIP Yang Wenli...
Nov 10, 2009 11:17 PM

Nov 2007
=(
Nov 19, 2009 4:36 AM

Dec 2008
Just the kind of gritty, realistic death I expected. The episode also really played with our expectations by having the red herring of Andrew Fork being killed and the Rosenritters storming aboard to save the day, as they have always done until now. Until now. :(
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Dec 14, 2009 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
We knew he was going to die, but I didn't want to believe it. Farrell Yang.
Dec 19, 2009 10:11 AM

Nov 2007
It just happened. That's kinda all I have to say.

Someone in MAL spoiled that in ep 82 something BIG is going to happen and after sticking it to my face for couple episodes before I can't say this came as surprise.

Beh, I hate heroic, overly dramatic deaths anyway. Episode was made in pretty good taste.

insan3soldiern said:
I liked Yang, I really did. But, it didn't bother me that much that he died. I think I'd probably take Reinhard's death, if he does die, a little harder.

By the way, this.
Dec 21, 2009 4:25 PM

Dec 2008
Damn...

I predicted that Yang would die in the future but not like this.

RIP Yang Wenli

One of the best characters ever created.

:(
Dec 27, 2009 6:10 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't want him to die. Not this way.
Dec 28, 2009 7:25 PM

Oct 2009
It's sad, I cried. Right now, I just want this series to end soon.
Yang certainly is one of the best anime characters ever!

Farewell, Miracle Yang!
good-timeDec 28, 2009 7:28 PM
Jan 16, 2010 2:26 PM

Jun 2009
Woha - Masterpiece. Now more than ever.

I didn't see that coming. Oh, Bloody Yang, why?

Farewell.
Jan 16, 2010 2:29 PM

Jun 2009
Woha - Masterpiece, more now than ever.

I didn't see that coming. Oh, Bloody Yang, why?

Farewell.
Jan 23, 2010 2:17 AM

Sep 2008
The shittiest qq moment I've experienced in anime for a long time. I say shittiest cuz i feel like shit right now :( I've got to take a break after this season, I really have too...*sobs* ...I saw this coming though, there were signs of it from the very beginning ( the last scene of the first ED for instance). Its a good thing this wasnt a complete surprise. THat would have been the worst WTF anime moment of all time

Beatnik said:
GeorgeMoshington said:

I concur. I already know about 2 major deaths that are going to happen...thanks to some stupid guy who edited wikipedia and some guy name nephlyte on youtube posting spoilers on his video summaries. People like these dont deserve to live I say..:(
eyerokJan 23, 2010 6:02 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 24, 2010 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
Unfortunately, I got spoiled by one person here, so I write here with my eyes half-moist and my heart half-heavy. It looked like Yang was going to be saved by the Rozenritter when his ship got attacked. But no. Everyone involved would be on a large ship, and Yang would be a floor away from Julian. :(

Just how are you going to continue on for another 28 episodes!? What more do you say once you've lost that which binds the galaxy?
Jan 24, 2010 2:55 AM

Sep 2008
DeadBonesBrook said:
Unfortunately, I got spoiled by one person here, so I write here with my eyes half-moist and my heart half-heavy.

If you're talking about me, its not my fault. I was merely speculating :P I mean...everybody shouldve guessed it was going to happen sooner or later with all the foreshadowing and stuff
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 24, 2010 10:34 AM

Jan 2009
No, it wasn't you. It was someone else.
Jan 24, 2010 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
oh ok...I just hate it when someone spoils a character death :(
Jan 24, 2010 12:08 PM

Jan 2009
Yeah. *coughsantetjancough* :(
Jan 24, 2010 12:47 PM

Sep 2008
LMAO it was him? HAHAHA
Jan 24, 2010 1:38 PM

Jan 2009
It was unfortunate though. :(
Jan 27, 2010 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
Massaki said:
Ahem. Please excuse me while I rage.. again.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. WHY THE FUCK, WHY. WHY THE FUCK NOW OF ALL TIMES. RAAAAAGH.

i feel the same as you X(
i mean wtf, not here damn o_O
damn wtf...
the artwork at the end was also nice..
Jan 29, 2010 9:36 PM
May 2009
If it makes anyone feel better, the voice actor died around the same time.
Jan 30, 2010 4:06 AM

Sep 2008
akuk said:
If it makes anyone feel better, the voice actor died around the same time.

and why would that make anyone feel better? Its because of that we have to listen to someone else's voice in the prequel series :S
Feb 10, 2010 8:49 AM

Feb 2009
For about 60 episodes i wantet Yang to die so badly,but when he did i felt like crying...
It shouldn't have happened like that... ;(

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Feb 10, 2010 11:22 AM

Jan 2008
ChaosLegion said:
For about 60 episodes i wantet Yang to die so badly

Uh...what?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 11, 2010 5:23 AM

Nov 2007
ChaosLegion said:
...i wantet Yang to die so badly...

That just can't be healthy.
Feb 12, 2010 5:49 PM

Jan 2009
ChaosLegion said:
For about 60 episodes i wantet Yang to die so badly

When you say that, you should realize something is inherently wrong with you.
Feb 13, 2010 11:04 AM

Jan 2008
"Mommy, why did that man say that? Why did he say he wantet Yang to die so badly? Mommy? Why are there bad men in this world?"
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.