Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 17, 2010 9:24 PM

Aug 2008
This series needs more Sugata and Head, they're just being eased into this series so gently. I wonder what Head may be scheming. Does he really want to wait for third phase and is he sure he can beat Takuto even if they do fight on even ground. I'm guessing that he'll come up with a way to throw Takuto off his game before/during the match without fighting necessarily. There are still so many uncertainties.

Dec 18, 2010 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
ickyman65 said:
jesus christ, the fights are getting dull now. its the same formula every time.

whats the point of them, anyway? i mean, i realise that they want to defeat takuto, but do they have to do it in that specific way? why dont they just shoot him when he's sleeping or something?

its the 11th episode, surely they should have realized that fighting him in a giant robot ain't working out so well? and what the heck is 'zero time', anyway?

oh well, this shows still pretty good. i just wish the fights were a bit more varied

the plot is boring me to as well as the fights
-Quasar said:
Kinda meh episode and that Bleach commercial made it more Fail.

I'd watch bleach over this anyday
Dec 18, 2010 8:22 AM

Jun 2009
They could've as well skip this episode, and finally give us some main plot. But i liked it so whatever. Moar Kanako in next ep also sounds nice.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Dec 20, 2010 7:24 AM

Feb 2009
Captain-Z said:
ickyman65 said:
jesus christ, the fights are getting dull now. its the same formula every time.

whats the point of them, anyway? i mean, i realise that they want to defeat takuto, but do they have to do it in that specific way? why dont they just shoot him when he's sleeping or something?

its the 11th episode, surely they should have realized that fighting him in a giant robot ain't working out so well? and what the heck is 'zero time', anyway?

oh well, this shows still pretty good. i just wish the fights were a bit more varied

the plot is boring me to as well as the fights
-Quasar said:
Kinda meh episode and that Bleach commercial made it more Fail.

I'd watch bleach over this anyday

So you're saying that bleach isn't boring? Star Driver is way better than bleach, just compare the characterization...
Dec 20, 2010 7:30 AM

Nov 2008
Deleted multiple double posts and off-topic replies.
Dec 20, 2010 1:02 PM

May 2010
yay! sugata didn't enter coma! :D
Jan 12, 2011 8:36 AM

Jul 2009
This episode was 5 out of 5 for me. BLATANT Mrs. Watanabe fan-girling below...

Mrs. Kanako Watanabe is the best character in this show. LMAO at how the teacher just allows her to sex-talk Takuto and announce a massive party in class. XD

That scene with Sugata and Head during the sunset... VERY reminiscent of Touga and Akio's interactions in Utena. Wouldn't be surprised if Head is the one to finally coax Sugata into the Crux Brigade.

O_o Simone's father is Leon Watanabe?! Kanako is her stepmother?! WOW, didn't see that coming...

WHOA~ at The King's Pillar... THAT'S Sugata's first phase, right? Wow, wow, wow. Interesting, that Head would be encouraging Sugata to use his "God-given talent" to beat Cybodies/stop the Crux Brigade... Has Head completely given up on beating Takuto? Or maybe he's hoping eventually Sugata will turn on Takuto?

This was a fantastic episode. Loved the intrigue between Simone, Milene, and Kanako... Kanako's "personal use" of Cybodies was saving Simone's life, and in turn, gaining Milene's trust as an informant. Sweet!

And Simone hates Kanako, simply because she will never best Kanako. XD

This show is always much more dramatic/eventful when Mrs. Watanabe is in the picture, stirring the drama. THANK GOODNESS for the next episode, a date with the High School Wife! *3*
Jan 25, 2011 10:03 PM
Feb 2009
wow...
Jan 28, 2011 6:31 PM

Jul 2010
I wish they could fight in normal space time :(
Feb 10, 2011 2:13 PM

Oct 2009
The battle entering sequence can be shorter imo, Takuto's part is still the same...

Paul said:
Rofl, Sugata rose Takuto's sword levels over 9000.

xD
Apr 16, 2011 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
Ah, finally an episode focused on Kanako. <3 Best episode to date! But that's only because of Kanako's screen time.
First 5/5 for this show.
Sep 19, 2011 6:29 PM

Jul 2010
i watched the bleach movie, i liked it a lot.
as for mizou or watever her name is, i wonder how much bus money she saved doing that, lol
as for the episode, sucks for mirane, thats all i can say.

Mar 25, 2012 10:36 PM
Mar 2012
Hmm... I want better fights; the fights are not that dynamic but story-wise its not bad.
Oct 5, 2012 4:32 AM
Dec 2010
It's time for something refreshing. It became way too repetitive. "huh zero space > Apprivoise (long never changing animation of transformation) > beating random enemy" same thing all over again, again, again - each episode.
At least there's slice of life micro story to watch.
Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyOct 5, 2012 4:36 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 24, 2013 10:05 PM
Aug 2011
Yea the same formula for each episode is ridiculous already.

Oh well I ship Takashi x Simone.
How nice of Sugata to help his boyfriend out so they could be an even 2 against 2 while fighting.
Jun 21, 2013 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
Dat sword went over 9000.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 4, 2013 6:09 PM

Jul 2008
Sugata should really have a little more patience. The fights are like 2 minutes long, wait until our Galactic Pretty Boy is in serious trouble before raising your hand.

Aug 24, 2013 9:17 AM
May 2012
Sugata made Takuto's swords bigger if you know what I mean and Watanabe is really hot.
Mar 7, 2014 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The main plot accusation still a setback, but we think the sub plots to give a little satisfaction.
The character of Kanako returns to dominate, there will be something concrete? Up to now, we have only seen a lot of words on his part, which is the right time?
Drawings not bad, decent animations.
Pamela and the brunet if the mean?
Sep 9, 2014 3:23 PM

May 2012
Pretty epic episode and development, I quite liked where this is going so let's see what happens next!
Apr 9, 2016 6:36 AM

Feb 2012
Dwelling into Simome's backstory

On one hand, it's kind of fillery, but I kind of think it'd be better if they stretched it out, as well (like make Simone more prominent in the previous episodes)

I do like the lines about having talent but not using it being a sin against god.

Ok so Wako sung and it didn't activate Zero Time, the signing is just there so we, the audience, get music during a battle.

So, now Kiraboshi do the co-piloting thing (rather, one gives power, the other gives control).

And Sugata uses his talent to assist Tauburn despite the risk. Turning giving Takuto's two swords the destructive power of the king's pillar.

That's fortunate, Sugata appears to have more control over King's pillar now, so he didn't go into a coma. :)
Fortress_MaximusApr 10, 2021 4:52 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 19, 2016 7:02 PM

Aug 2015
How many underlings are left? It can't be too many as another one gets defeated each week
May 6, 2016 11:48 PM

Mar 2014
I love to listen to their singing any day ~ . Much compliment desu ~ .
Nice to know some backstory ; "out of a novel" ~ .
Great episode .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2016 4:25 PM

Mar 2016
BORING. Who even cares about Simone?
Her partnership with the other guy was pretty cool but other than that this seemed like an entirely USELESS episode.
What the hell, and the next episode doesn't look any better as I can't stand Watanabe's slutty looking behind.

Ugh, this show's really pushing it, I tell ya.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 1:25 AM

Jul 2008
Well one more side character dealt with.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 3, 2011

242 by Alvie48xi »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.