Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 11, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2016
I don't think I want to watch the next episode. :(
Nov 6, 2016 5:50 PM

Aug 2014
Great troll in this episode, it worked with me for 5 seconds.
Excellent episode.

Episode 52: Yang wins, Reinhard got lucky.
Episode 81: Reinhard wins, Yang got lucky.

Interesting...
Jan 4, 2017 4:26 PM
Aug 2014
Tyestor said:

Can't help but laugh.
this was great haha
Jan 15, 2017 6:28 PM

Apr 2016
I sense usurpation coming.

Great conclusion to the battle to take over Iserlhon Fort, both side suffer considerable causaulities (wait i think this only apply to the Imperial side lol), plus extreme fatigue wearing them out result in the battle ended as a tie (maybe). The way they potray how exhausted the soldier in Alliance side was somewhat hillarious yet realistic for i've experienced quite the same thing (not from fighting of course).
Nov 28, 2017 6:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bad episode to Yang, he lost a friend, Fischer!!!
Feb 11, 2018 11:25 AM
Dec 2014
The cease fire was surprising.
Feb 16, 2018 10:24 PM

May 2016
Damn it, it seems most of people haven't watched the preview of the next episode I completely forgot about Mitermayer fake death because of the next episode.
Apr 17, 2018 9:02 PM

Jul 2017
Yup,I'm sure now that Yang will meet his death.
May 16, 2018 7:11 PM
Apr 2018
RIP Fischer! Of course we know it was coming after that brief scene with Yang but the flashbacks still made it sad.

The Mittermeyer tease was shocking! I too rewound to check what I'd just read. Then I paused to see if I'd skipped an episode by mistake. We can't lose him just yet.

I am so scared for Dusty and Muller every time they are fighting. Possibly my two favourite characters. I do wonder if Dusty's notebook survives and that is where the narrator gets all his information from. Speaking of the narrator, he wasn't lying or trolling with regards to Mittermeyer. He said Reinhard heard news of his death and that was true. It was the news that was false.

Reinhard is ill again. Yeah, something is up with that. Reminds me of child King of England Edward VI who caught a fever and died aged 15 of an unknown illness.

Fedreica is ill too, but I reckon that is just morning sickness and tiredness from being pregnant.

This whole peace talks are bullshit. Clearly Reinhard is too ill to do this. I don't think this is Oberstein's doing either but Hilda has come up with a plan to kill Yang. Reinhard would hate her for it though and even Bittenfeld admonished a subordinate for coming up with a dishonourable scheme. Of course it's equally likely that she wants a genuine peace deal. She rightly called Reinhard out on the fact he forced Yang to do all of this.

A third option is that is the result of Commander Fork and the Earth Cultists.... Ut oh.

The scenes where everyone fell asleep was great. Dusty threatening to execute whoever woke him up was amazing. I'm so happy we get so much Dusty this series.

Power rankings:
1) Empire. Reinhard may be ill but they got a victory they don't know about with the death of Fischer.
2) Yang. Just about done. Reinhard fell ill at just the right time for them.
3) Rubinski. About time he attacked Reinhard's sister right?
4) The Earth Cult. Could these peace talks be there big plan?
5) El Facil. Are the leaders at the fortress yet? Why don't the Empire just conquer the planet first?
6) The Goldenbalm's. As the only other person awake, besides Julian, maybe Meerkatz could now try and find them?

MVP: Bittenfeld. He doesn't know it but he delivered a fatal blow to Yang's team.
Nov 1, 2018 9:13 PM
Apr 2018
It's rather strange that the Empire didn't realize they had taken down one of the enemy's main ships. Maybe in the heat of the battle it could be missed but still.

My man Reuental is about to do some crazy manoeuvre... I can feel it.
Nov 9, 2018 10:04 PM

Feb 2017
Yang sounding like The Boss from MGS3 towards the beginning of the episode when talking about being loyal to an ideal over a person.
Nov 23, 2019 11:58 PM

Oct 2012
I agree with Mariendorf the most. Why did Reinhard decide to attack Yang Wenli?
To conquer the universe? For what purpose exactly? Kircheis? He's not there anymore

Feels really weird suddently Reinhard wants to talk about peace-talk
The fact Empire is much stronger, that alone makes it really weird
"Signature removed"
Jan 2, 2020 10:16 AM

Nov 2016
The notification of Mittermeyer's death, tho.. I actually believed it for second, I mean, two high admirals already died. Jokes like that aren't funny.

And I dunno, but at the end of the episode when everyone feel asleep from exhaustion. That was pretty chilling and melancholic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 22, 2020 10:57 PM
Jun 2017
My heart stopped for a second when I read that Mittermeyer was dead. Fortunately, he was not. If he had fallen in this battle, that would have been the heaviest blow to the Imperial Fleet, only surpassed by the Brunhild being shot down.

Another death flag is at half mast, but it's now from Yang's side. F for Admiral Fischer, though I don't remember him very well from anything. I did definitely raise his death flag after that backwards shot of him going down the way to his ship. Also, it's a shame the Shiva was destroyed, as it appeared to be a pretty powerful battleship with an astonishing rate of fire. The biggest shame is how it went down off screen.

Reinhard is ill again. The war must stop for his health's sake, though I suppose he would be depressed once everything is calmed down.

Now I am ad portas of the so famous Episode 82, titled "The Magician did not return". It was eerie how the narrator voiced the preview without any background music. It seems there is a death flag that will rise high above any other.
PaulotronatorDec 22, 2020 11:01 PM
Feb 5, 2021 6:56 PM

Oct 2016
I already knew what happens in the next episode but still, worst preview ever, why did they think it was a good idea to make it like that?
Nov 4, 2021 3:53 AM

Jul 2016
CaptainKenshiro said:
I already knew what happens in the next episode but still, worst preview ever, why did they think it was a good idea to make it like that?

Seems such a bizarre idea... All shock value gone.
Jun 15, 2022 5:18 PM

Dec 2007
dunno if i agree with yang's ideals for "who you fighting for". i agree that you shouldn't fight for some person but for your country ideals. but in autocracy the ruler = the country. and i'm saying it myself though i was in democracy country for my lifetime, but still can understand that autocracy heart is the ruler itself.
furthermore, yang doesn't have country he belongs to, and unless he was the leader himself, his fleets wouldn't fight the enemy. they may want to fight for the democracy idea, but unless he wasn't there, there wasn't anyone thinking about democracy. in other words, they all fights for the democracy, because yang is their leader. unless he wasn't the one leading the fleets for his "miracle" name, they would probably surrender to the enemy already. so there's no really big difference between his troop than the empire's loyalty.
that's just shows that LOGTH just strengths yang ideals on his behalf, and not always have natural statement. that's the way i see it at least.

when the narrator said about myrtemyer death i was just WTH O_O
i needed to rewatch that part at least 4 times to verify that it was the narrator joke.

the scene all the yang's group being falling down asleep was strange but hilarious at the same time.
wonder if feredrica is pregnant?

about reinhard message, it was so strange.
i would take the narrator's words for believing it was really sent by reinhard while being sick. but i dunno something is fishy.
and it's kinda hard for me to think that it's the earth cult doing. i mean, how would they go unseen by both fleets in that war?
Jul 27, 2022 9:44 PM
Jun 2022
RIP Admiral Fischer. History will not see this way, but Fischer was probably the most important officer under Yang’s command when it came to strategy in the battlefield. He’ll be dearly missed, I’m sure of it.

So exhaustion is kicking in from both sides. I wonder what is Reinhardt health issue tho.

With everybody out sleeping, there’s a danger looming close in the form of Andrew Fork. I’ve got a BAD feeling about this.

It’s not better than Amlitzer, but the battle for Isehorn gets a 5/5 from me. Loved every second of it.

Now, episode 82… here we go? I’m feeling dread….
Nov 4, 2022 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
o wow this episode has to have the most evil preview of all time
Dec 13, 2022 3:23 PM

May 2018
Reinhard's only weakness - fatigue - of course kicks in at the worst moment xD
Jan 26, 2023 1:34 AM

Aug 2018
This battle is still going strong it seems, so much different tactics and things happening which really makes this such an awesome spectacle.

Nearly got a heart attack when Mittermeyer ship got hit and it was told that he died, so glad it didn't turn out that way but what a damn shocker.

Unfortunately Alliance suffered its first major loss of a commander, Fischer was really a very likable character so sad to see him die here and not retiring happily. Those sleeping scenes really show how intense the whole battle was and how theres barely time to rest, really well representation.

Next episode might be a negotiation one or maybe not
Jul 11, 2023 3:37 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 17, 2023 5:20 PM
Aug 2022
The previews at the end of Episode 25 and Episode 81 were both terrible. They really dropped the ball when it comes to spoiling the next episode 🤦🏻‍♂️
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.