Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 79 Discussion


Mar 7, 2015 3:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 5132
I liked this episode, It had some good strategy. It was good that Farenheit actually put up a fight and that Yang actually had difficulty.
 
Apr 6, 2015 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 174
So when it comes to Yang he can do any dishonest thing, but when it comes to Reinhard he must beat him rightfully. Now I understand Reinhard's ego, but when you deal with such an annoyance, whoever you are you WILL do what's neccesary to eliminate him.

Now a few episodes ago I've said that I hoped a bloody death for Yang's side, then until this episode I was exposed to "cuteness" of Yang's side, but as seen in this episode, they don't hold back when it comes to killing good, honest people. Now sure "that is war", but killing an annoyance dishonestly to get rid of his dishonesty is "also war". If I was Reinhard I would hang Yang first time we met. And I wouldn't have any regrets. I WOULD feel sorry, but I would not regret it. Because you are judged by what you do, not what you can do. Yang had every chance to change his opinion but he kept killing people and feeling "so-colled sorry" for them. That is hypocrite and deserves death.

I learned this life-lesson from... Dragon Age: Origins. There when everytime I forgave someone they would backstab me the moment I turned around and then I learned to kill them without mercy. When there's no law you simply have to react the same way you have been treated. Not an inch less. Killing a murderer. That is justice. Sometimes the saying "in war everything is fair" is really true. And you have to be prepared for it. That is why Griffith is above Reinhard in my favorites.
Modified by Prequel, Apr 6, 2015 4:08 PM
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
 
Jun 2, 2015 10:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 931
Very nice battle, RIP Farenheit :( I think he and Bittenfeld didn't communicate enough te be succesfull (or they didn't show it in the anime)
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
 
Jun 3, 2015 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 17605
Damn, Fahrenheit died like a boss. Great episode, loved the tactics employed by Yang/Merkatz to counterattack the black lancers. Exciting times ahead yo.
 
Jun 19, 2015 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25406
Great battle episode, really intense and I do wonder how it will turn out! Let's see what's next.
 
Jul 19, 2015 2:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 11865
Cool battle.Rip Fahrenheit .
 
Oct 15, 2015 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 295
Rest in peace Farenheit
 
Jan 28, 2016 1:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13056
I guess I only had a vague understanding of how the corridors and space navigation worked prior to this. I thought they were just areas that were off the radar. I didn't realize that their ships could actually be destroyed by venturing out too far. This battle was especially intense and gripping, I salute Fahrenheit as he was one of my favorite admirals early on.
 
Jun 22, 2016 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 5048
It was about time an Imperial Admiral bite the dust...it was nice knowing ya Fahrenheit!
Hopefully Bittenfield is the next one on the chopping block.
 
Nov 6, 2016 5:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1794
This battle is so exciting.
Great episode.
 
Feb 17, 2017 6:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 103
Incredible battle. This kind of battle when both sites are equal or almost equal in number and capabilities are my favorite one, since each side show the best they have and its impossible to win with a single strategy. That's what made this battle so damn exciting... 5/5
 
Mar 23, 2017 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 5979
Gotta love corridors in space.
 
Sep 1, 2017 8:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1606
I demand a shounen tag for this. Again alliance forces ignore logic and again nothing on their side was lost. Poor Fahrenheit, he did not deserve to die like this but his death also showed the burning passion he and others have for Reinhard as Kaiser.

PS: Fascinating how alliance forces who have been there for only 1 year know more about the layout of the corridor then the side which heldt it for hundreds of years.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
 
Sep 1, 2017 5:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 368
Comander-07 said:
PS: Fascinating how alliance forces who have been there for only 1 year know more about the layout of the corridor then the side which heldt it for hundreds of years.


Actually, if you stretch it back long enough, it was the Alliance that discovered the Iserlohn Corridor in the first place. Also, considering how the war was largely centred around the Iserlohn Corridor throughout its century-and-half duration, one would have expected the Alliance to know the layout of the corridor as well as the Empire. At least for much longer than just one year.
 
Sep 2, 2017 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1606
MagisterArcanum said:
Comander-07 said:
PS: Fascinating how alliance forces who have been there for only 1 year know more about the layout of the corridor then the side which heldt it for hundreds of years.


Actually, if you stretch it back long enough, it was the Alliance that discovered the Iserlohn Corridor in the first place. Also, considering how the war was largely centred around the Iserlohn Corridor throughout its century-and-half duration, one would have expected the Alliance to know the layout of the corridor as well as the Empire. At least for much longer than just one year.
MagisterArcanum said:
Comander-07 said:
PS: Fascinating how alliance forces who have been there for only 1 year know more about the layout of the corridor then the side which heldt it for hundreds of years.


Actually, if you stretch it back long enough, it was the Alliance that discovered the Iserlohn Corridor in the first place. Also, considering how the war was largely centred around the Iserlohn Corridor throughout its century-and-half duration, one would have expected the Alliance to know the layout of the corridor as well as the Empire. At least for much longer than just one year.
still there is no reason the alliance should know it better. Also the overall scenario with the war looks a bit weird to me. Everything was focused around Iserlohn and before yang the alliance simply threw ships at it with no real plan..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
 
Nov 22, 2017 7:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14944
One more time, a nice battle strategy!!
Well, another character that died, Fahrenheit!!!


Hello, my litte boy!


 
Feb 10, 2018 6:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 620
I expected Bittenfeld but Fahrenheit died instead.Rip Fahrenheit,Celsius please don't die too.
 
May 16, 2018 4:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 59
Prequel said:
So when it comes to Yang he can do any dishonest thing, but when it comes to Reinhard he must beat him rightfully. Now I understand Reinhard's ego, but when you deal with such an annoyance, whoever you are you WILL do what's neccesary to eliminate him.

Now a few episodes ago I've said that I hoped a bloody death for Yang's side, then until this episode I was exposed to "cuteness" of Yang's side, but as seen in this episode, they don't hold back when it comes to killing good, honest people. Now sure "that is war", but killing an annoyance dishonestly to get rid of his dishonesty is "also war". If I was Reinhard I would hang Yang first time we met. And I wouldn't have any regrets. I WOULD feel sorry, but I would not regret it. Because you are judged by what you do, not what you can do. Yang had every chance to change his opinion but he kept killing people and feeling "so-colled sorry" for them. That is hypocrite and deserves death.

I learned this life-lesson from... Dragon Age: Origins. There when everytime I forgave someone they would backstab me the moment I turned around and then I learned to kill them without mercy. When there's no law you simply have to react the same way you have been treated. Not an inch less. Killing a murderer. That is justice. Sometimes the saying "in war everything is fair" is really true. And you have to be prepared for it. That is why Griffith is above Reinhard in my favorites.

Reinhard could have stopped the war the moment he became Kaiser by he keeps killing out of greed and fun. He gets bored when he's not at war so he keeps doing it.

Yang is fighting for an idea and for the benefit of humanity, Reinhard just wants power for powers sake. He is the villain of the show. Despite what Yang says there are good people and had people and Reinhard is bad.


RIP Fahrenheit.

Sad to see him go. Given how similar his background is to Reinhard's isn't it strange that he fought against him and teamed with the noble families?

This how "Yang has plot armour" stuff is so tiresome. Being a better tactician is not plot armour. Bittenfeld and Fahrenheit's tactics were very good and we got to see them discuss it with each other in a great scene. They did very well and outsmarted Dusty and were incredibly close to killing Yang too, just like Reinhard nearly died before he was saved by Muller in the previous battle. I thought both admirals did very well but just weren't good enough.

Also they were attacking Yang from the Alliance side of the corridor so no, they wouldn't know it better than the Alliance.

Amazing episode and the battle I was able to follow and enjoy the most so far.

Power rankings:
1) The Empire. Took big loses and Fahrenheit died but they still have many more fleets.
2) Yang. Won the battle but they have such a small fleet they can't afford many more like it.
3) Rubinski
4) Earth Cult
5) El Facil. How exactly are they going to get to Iserhorn? Yang is going to have to save their stupid arses..
6) Goldenbalms.

MVP- Fahrenheit. Take a bow son.
 
Oct 31, 2018 5:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 900
I really liked the music that played during the battle, so far I the tunes have been subpar imo (meaning they don't fit each scene).

I would've preferred if Bittenfeld had died. He will only fall for Yang's tricks again and again.
 
Nov 9, 2018 3:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 873
SHOCK-WAVE DIMENSIONS!!!!!!
 
Apr 7, 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 90
"I will give you a keepsake. It's your life. Live and meet the Kaiser. Don't die..."

Fahrenhait's last words were so touching ;_;
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]