Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 16, 2012 9:37 PM

Aug 2010
Ah my man Fahrenheit ;_; RIP

I can tell this isn't going to be the only big death in this war
Mar 16, 2012 6:17 PM

Jul 2009
They said it themselves- Bittenfeld has suffered so many losses but he himself hasn't died yet. You could say his idiocy instigated Fahrenheit's death here. But then, Fahrenheit did say that it was his own fault for falling for it.

These battles are still as good as ever, but Yang is sometimes just TOO good at predicting what the enemy commanders are going to do. It'd be a bit more exciting if Yang were outwitted sometimes. Never seems to happened.
"A detoxified Akihabara would just be another electronic town!"

Apr 2, 2012 1:03 PM

Nov 2009
Luthimal said:
The Empire deserved to lose, falling for such an obvious ambush

That's because they were a bunch of idiots.

Not one of them could sit and think.
Reinhard should give positions to smarter people.
May 3, 2012 2:53 AM

Feb 2012
One of the better battles of the series. I'm starting to find Yang's skills a bit too magical. A big part of his genius is that he sets a trap that the enemy will see through, anticipating their response and having a second trap waiting. But for such a thing to work, he would have to know that the enemy is not going to fall for the first trap. This battle had the enemy falling for the secondary trap in the beginning but also for the first traps later in the battle when the decisions have to be made more quickly. Yang's ability to discern when the enemy can see through the first trap seems a bit too incredible. After all, it doesn't seem like he has one trap set and another one in case the first fails, but the plan all along is for the enemy to see through the first one. So if they actually did fall for the first trap, the enemy might be better off.
May 15, 2012 9:04 PM

Feb 2012
Bittenfeld and Fahrenheit definitely pulled some punches that caught the Yang Fleet off-guard -- to be honest, I thought they handled themselves somewhat well. And this was probably a Pyrrhic victory for Yang anyway, even though it was necessary.

But here's some retrospective irony from episode 72:

Reinhard said:
If Bittenfeld exercised too much prudence, that would take away the strength of the Black Lancers.
CuriousThingMay 15, 2012 9:09 PM
Jun 23, 2012 11:46 AM

Apr 2009
This battle reminds me of the Battle of Thermopylae...
Aug 15, 2012 10:37 AM

Nov 2008
R.I.P Fahrenheit

You were awesome. ;_;
Sep 1, 2012 4:33 AM

Mar 2009
i cant bear to watch this battle~ always falling to the trap of Yang Wenli...
Sep 9, 2012 10:31 PM

Jan 2011
my second fav among the imperial admirals died :(
RIP Farenheit
Sep 11, 2012 4:54 PM

Jul 2010
quite many people die in batle field as always.
"Shostakovich, Symphony no. 5, Allegro non troppo" is nice choice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YarFI7r2shY
Sep 16, 2012 9:53 AM
Mar 2012
It's only natural to lose when you have PLOT as your enemy, besides plot armor, he uses cheap tricks and gets access to environment advantage everytime he fights
this is completely laughable, just like when that shenkophwhatever guy keeps killing everyone but can't be killed, just like his daughter who doesn't die, completely laughable.
Sep 16, 2012 11:20 AM

Sep 2008
Shaduge said:
It's only natural to lose when you have PLOT as your enemy, besides plot armor, he uses cheap tricks and gets access to environment advantage everytime he fights
this is completely laughable, just like when that shenkophwhatever guy keeps killing everyone but can't be killed, just like his daughter who doesn't die, completely laughable.

haha yea, totally ridiculous. I just dont get it, how come you managed to watch 70 + eps of this piece of garbage anime..its beyond me
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
May 20, 2013 3:13 PM
Oct 2012
hahahahaha Many people think that Yang is too smart for a character, but that's the exact reason of why he is called Yang the Magician and why everyone (even in the Empire Fleet) admires him.
He is a very smart person, but far from perfect.
Aug 5, 2013 9:53 PM

Jun 2013
Goodbye Fahrenheit :/
Sep 25, 2013 12:34 PM

Nov 2009
Oh my. I really didn't expect one of the admirals to die, although I can't agree with the logic behind it (why would you place the most important person as the rear guard when retreating?)

Anyways, I'm sure that this news is going to piss off Reinhard quite a bit. I wonder if this is going to be the beginning of his fall.
Feb 6, 2014 7:26 AM
Feb 2011
DAMMIT BITTENFELD.
Jun 30, 2014 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
Damn it why couldnt bittenfield had been the first to die, Fahrenheit was actually a pretty interesting character who i felt could had been used alot more, his death was excellent.

And so we have it, the first death of likely many more major supporting characters and possibly main characters. I really dont like the idea of anyone on yang's team dying cause i legitimately like them all but i have a bad feeling its going to be dusty first. that or yang whos death flags are way too heavy at the moment.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 9, 2014 8:21 AM

Nov 2013
NOOO. Fahrenheit was so cool. Goddamnit Bittenfield, talk about forcing his hand.

The floodgates are open it would seem, I'm expecting a lot more big deaths to come in this battle.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 14, 2014 9:10 AM

Apr 2009
"Die Kaiser!"
Best warcry ever.
Nov 14, 2014 6:27 PM

Mar 2012
Dammit there goes another likeable character >_>

Shaduge said:

I'm wondering if they nicknamed him Yang the Magician just to troll people. Some of the stunts he pulls seem to come right out of his ass lol.
Mar 7, 2015 3:45 PM

Aug 2014
I liked this episode, It had some good strategy. It was good that Farenheit actually put up a fight and that Yang actually had difficulty.
Apr 6, 2015 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
So when it comes to Yang he can do any dishonest thing, but when it comes to Reinhard he must beat him rightfully. Now I understand Reinhard's ego, but when you deal with such an annoyance, whoever you are you WILL do what's neccesary to eliminate him.

Now a few episodes ago I've said that I hoped a bloody death for Yang's side, then until this episode I was exposed to "cuteness" of Yang's side, but as seen in this episode, they don't hold back when it comes to killing good, honest people. Now sure "that is war", but killing an annoyance dishonestly to get rid of his dishonesty is "also war". If I was Reinhard I would hang Yang first time we met. And I wouldn't have any regrets. I WOULD feel sorry, but I would not regret it. Because you are judged by what you do, not what you can do. Yang had every chance to change his opinion but he kept killing people and feeling "so-colled sorry" for them. That is hypocrite and deserves death.

I learned this life-lesson from... Dragon Age: Origins. There when everytime I forgave someone they would backstab me the moment I turned around and then I learned to kill them without mercy. When there's no law you simply have to react the same way you have been treated. Not an inch less. Killing a murderer. That is justice. Sometimes the saying "in war everything is fair" is really true. And you have to be prepared for it. That is why Griffith is above Reinhard in my favorites.
RememberTheCantApr 6, 2015 4:08 PM
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Jun 2, 2015 10:31 AM

Jun 2012
Very nice battle, RIP Farenheit :( I think he and Bittenfeld didn't communicate enough te be succesfull (or they didn't show it in the anime)
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 3, 2015 7:24 AM
Nov 2014
Damn, Fahrenheit died like a boss. Great episode, loved the tactics employed by Yang/Merkatz to counterattack the black lancers. Exciting times ahead yo.
Jun 19, 2015 10:50 AM

May 2012
Great battle episode, really intense and I do wonder how it will turn out! Let's see what's next.
Jul 19, 2015 2:01 AM

Dec 2013
Cool battle.Rip Fahrenheit .
Oct 15, 2015 3:05 PM

Feb 2014
Rest in peace Farenheit
Jan 28, 2016 1:26 PM

Dec 2012
I guess I only had a vague understanding of how the corridors and space navigation worked prior to this. I thought they were just areas that were off the radar. I didn't realize that their ships could actually be destroyed by venturing out too far. This battle was especially intense and gripping, I salute Fahrenheit as he was one of my favorite admirals early on.
Jun 22, 2016 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
It was about time an Imperial Admiral bite the dust...it was nice knowing ya Fahrenheit!
Hopefully Bittenfield is the next one on the chopping block.
Nov 6, 2016 5:48 PM

Aug 2014
This battle is so exciting.
Great episode.
Feb 17, 2017 6:58 PM

Dec 2016
Incredible battle. This kind of battle when both sites are equal or almost equal in number and capabilities are my favorite one, since each side show the best they have and its impossible to win with a single strategy. That's what made this battle so damn exciting... 5/5
Mar 23, 2017 2:09 PM

Feb 2015
Gotta love corridors in space.
Sep 1, 2017 8:20 AM

Sep 2014
I demand a shounen tag for this. Again alliance forces ignore logic and again nothing on their side was lost. Poor Fahrenheit, he did not deserve to die like this but his death also showed the burning passion he and others have for Reinhard as Kaiser.

PS: Fascinating how alliance forces who have been there for only 1 year know more about the layout of the corridor then the side which heldt it for hundreds of years.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 1, 2017 5:53 PM

Jun 2013
Comander-07 said:
PS: Fascinating how alliance forces who have been there for only 1 year know more about the layout of the corridor then the side which heldt it for hundreds of years.

Actually, if you stretch it back long enough, it was the Alliance that discovered the Iserlohn Corridor in the first place. Also, considering how the war was largely centred around the Iserlohn Corridor throughout its century-and-half duration, one would have expected the Alliance to know the layout of the corridor as well as the Empire. At least for much longer than just one year.
Sep 2, 2017 6:36 AM

Sep 2014
MagisterArcanum said:
Comander-07 said:

Actually, if you stretch it back long enough, it was the Alliance that discovered the Iserlohn Corridor in the first place. Also, considering how the war was largely centred around the Iserlohn Corridor throughout its century-and-half duration, one would have expected the Alliance to know the layout of the corridor as well as the Empire. At least for much longer than just one year.
MagisterArcanum said:
Comander-07 said:

still there is no reason the alliance should know it better. Also the overall scenario with the war looks a bit weird to me. Everything was focused around Iserlohn and before yang the alliance simply threw ships at it with no real plan..
Nov 22, 2017 7:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
One more time, a nice battle strategy!!
Well, another character that died, Fahrenheit!!!
Feb 10, 2018 6:49 PM
Dec 2014
I expected Bittenfeld but Fahrenheit died instead.Rip Fahrenheit,Celsius please don't die too.
May 16, 2018 4:35 AM
Apr 2018
Prequel said:
So when it comes to Yang he can do any dishonest thing, but when it comes to Reinhard he must beat him rightfully. Now I understand Reinhard's ego, but when you deal with such an annoyance, whoever you are you WILL do what's neccesary to eliminate him.

Now a few episodes ago I've said that I hoped a bloody death for Yang's side, then until this episode I was exposed to "cuteness" of Yang's side, but as seen in this episode, they don't hold back when it comes to killing good, honest people. Now sure "that is war", but killing an annoyance dishonestly to get rid of his dishonesty is "also war". If I was Reinhard I would hang Yang first time we met. And I wouldn't have any regrets. I WOULD feel sorry, but I would not regret it. Because you are judged by what you do, not what you can do. Yang had every chance to change his opinion but he kept killing people and feeling "so-colled sorry" for them. That is hypocrite and deserves death.

I learned this life-lesson from... Dragon Age: Origins. There when everytime I forgave someone they would backstab me the moment I turned around and then I learned to kill them without mercy. When there's no law you simply have to react the same way you have been treated. Not an inch less. Killing a murderer. That is justice. Sometimes the saying "in war everything is fair" is really true. And you have to be prepared for it. That is why Griffith is above Reinhard in my favorites.

Reinhard could have stopped the war the moment he became Kaiser by he keeps killing out of greed and fun. He gets bored when he's not at war so he keeps doing it.

Yang is fighting for an idea and for the benefit of humanity, Reinhard just wants power for powers sake. He is the villain of the show. Despite what Yang says there are good people and had people and Reinhard is bad.

RIP Fahrenheit.

Sad to see him go. Given how similar his background is to Reinhard's isn't it strange that he fought against him and teamed with the noble families?

This how "Yang has plot armour" stuff is so tiresome. Being a better tactician is not plot armour. Bittenfeld and Fahrenheit's tactics were very good and we got to see them discuss it with each other in a great scene. They did very well and outsmarted Dusty and were incredibly close to killing Yang too, just like Reinhard nearly died before he was saved by Muller in the previous battle. I thought both admirals did very well but just weren't good enough.

Also they were attacking Yang from the Alliance side of the corridor so no, they wouldn't know it better than the Alliance.

Amazing episode and the battle I was able to follow and enjoy the most so far.

Power rankings:
1) The Empire. Took big loses and Fahrenheit died but they still have many more fleets.
2) Yang. Won the battle but they have such a small fleet they can't afford many more like it.
3) Rubinski
4) Earth Cult
5) El Facil. How exactly are they going to get to Iserhorn? Yang is going to have to save their stupid arses..
6) Goldenbalms.

MVP- Fahrenheit. Take a bow son.
Oct 31, 2018 5:35 PM
Apr 2018
I really liked the music that played during the battle, so far I the tunes have been subpar imo (meaning they don't fit each scene).

I would've preferred if Bittenfeld had died. He will only fall for Yang's tricks again and again.
Nov 9, 2018 3:21 AM

Feb 2017
SHOCK-WAVE DIMENSIONS!!!!!!
Apr 7, 2019 1:24 PM

Aug 2017
"I will give you a keepsake. It's your life. Live and meet the Kaiser. Don't die..."

Fahrenhait's last words were so touching ;_;
May 28, 2019 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
Fahrenheit was one of the better admirals of the Imperial Army, character-wise too. Sad to see him gone
Sep 9, 2019 12:48 PM

Sep 2017
Saddest death in this whole anime. Fahrenheit's death shook me more than anyone else did. I couldn't help but shed tears at his death. And yes. Even considering the people who die in the next 10 episodes, Fahrenheit's death hits me the hardest.

Fahrenheit, a golden throne is awaiting your presence in Valhalla. May you live ever after as the greatest warrior and general of our generation

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 23, 2019 5:18 AM

Oct 2012
RIP Fahrenheit, I didn't expect him to die
It's all because of Bittenfeld :(

Kinda ironic how Admiral Merkatz outlive Fahrenheit
"Signature removed"
Jan 2, 2020 9:16 AM

Nov 2016
Caught myself cheering for Karin. Such a debut must be incredibly stressful.

Rip Fahrenheit. His death was really well done.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2020 7:31 PM

Jul 2019
Comander-07 said:
I demand a shounen tag for this. Again alliance forces ignore logic and again nothing on their side was lost. Poor Fahrenheit, he did not deserve to die like this but his death also showed the burning passion he and others have for Reinhard as Kaiser.

This battle was complete bullshit, I agree, but do you really believe this is a shounen series? Because it looks like you're watching LOGH for these silly space skirmishes instead of the dialogues and political intrigue. I hope you realize how dumb that sounds.

RIP Fahrenheit, he was pretty uninteresting, and while he did look smarter than the retarded nobles two seasons ago (who didn't) he never seemed to be actually useful. And here he died as an idiot. You know what? Fuck him, at least Bittenfeld has some charisma.
May 9, 2020 9:23 AM

Sep 2014
BrumaHobo said:
Comander-07 said:

This battle was complete bullshit, I agree, but do you really believe this is a shounen series? Because it looks like you're watching LOGH for these silly space skirmishes instead of the dialogues and political intrigue. I hope you realize how dumb that sounds.

RIP Fahrenheit, he was pretty uninteresting, and while he did look smarter than the retarded nobles two seasons ago (who didn't) he never seemed to be actually useful. And here he died as an idiot. You know what? Fuck him, at least Bittenfeld has some charisma.
Shounen armour definitely fits. And if shounen armour keeps the plot in line.. The "political intrigue" is not actually all that special and doesnt matter when it comes down to shounen armour deciding the outcome of wars.
May 9, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2019
Comander-07 said:
Shounen armour definitely fits. And if shounen armour keeps the plot in line.. The "political intrigue" is not actually all that special and doesnt matter when it comes down to shounen armour deciding the outcome of wars.

You're again missing the point of this series. Certain characters being outstanding tacticians is what's driving the plot, but it doesn't really matter if the tactics shown here are complete garbage (which unfortunately they are), the author's a historian who decided to write a novel chronicling the rise to power of some fictional historical figures, he didn't give a damn about tactical minutia.

It's perfectly fine if you don't care for what Tanaka was trying to tell, but please, don't embarrass yourself saying this is a shounen series.
May 10, 2020 11:02 AM

Sep 2014
You are again mssing the point of what I wrote.

Pls dont embarrass yourself showing your clear lack of understanding of the english language. If you would possess the ability to think you would know what a hyperbole is. If the author is bad at writing tacticts, the author shouldnt act as if he knew what he was doing. If battles which are actually the main part of this show believe it or not are decided by shounen levels of plot armour you might as well leave them out entirely, or atleast dont try to present them in a way which creates the illusion of any tactical depth.

Inherently what an author is trying to write is utterly irrelevant to the resulting product.

Be a shounen level fanboy somewhere else. Goodbye.
May 10, 2020 11:04 AM

Sep 2014
You are again mssing the point of what I wrote.

Pls dont embarrass yourself showing your clear lack of understanding of the english language. If you would possess the ability to think you would know what a hyperbole is. If the author is bad at writing tacticts, the author shouldnt act as if he knew what he was doing. If battles which are actually the main part of this show believe it or not are decided by shounen levels of plot armour you might as well leave them out entirely, or atleast dont try to present them in a way which creates the illusion of any tactical depth.

Inherently what an author is trying to write is utterly irrelevant to the resulting product.

Be a shounen level fanboy somewhere else. Goodbye.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.