Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 78 Discussion

Jun 2, 2008 2:53 PM
Vermillion

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The reply back to Bittenfeld's 'request' for surrender was hilarious. That response is comedy gold. Bittenfeld does deserve it after his first message. It should be more than enough to provke him to attack early.

I would've been mad if the El Facil government decided to betray Yang. After inviting him and even using his name for political gain it would have been the worst and most underhanded way to screw him over. Luckily they came to their senses and realize even doing that won't save them from the inevitable. Since they're now heading to Iserlohn I can only hope they don't stick their nose into military affairs by trying to manage how Yang can conduct his battles.

Out of all people the Earth cult can use, they pick Fork for an assassination? What I want to know is how he plans on getting close enough to Yang? He's already treid and failed a past assassination.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.

Aug 17, 2008 8:08 PM

"This would be the last time Julian would talk through the night with Yang."

Nooooooo!!!! Don't die, Yang! Stupid narrator, keep thoughts like that to yourself. If Fork and the Earth Cult manage to kill Yang, I'm going to be pissed off. So is Reinhard, come to think of it.

Nov 1, 2008 10:46 AM

naikou said:

Nooooooo!!!! Don't die, Yang! Stupid narrator, keep thoughts like that to yourself. If Fork and the Earth Cult manage to kill Yang, I'm going to be pissed off. So is Reinhard, come to think of it.

I keep thinking that subtles hints of his death have been shown for a while. Fiirst in the new opening and ending, as you can see Lohengramm watching Yang leaving in the background and Julian watching pictures with a kind of sadness. And throughout many episodes, it seems Yang only leads the path for a new generation instead of fighting for the present moment. Such an idea is not concretly shown for Reinhard although many of his admirals are worrying sick that he could die without leaving an heir.
But I would also be so pissed off that they get rid of a brilliant and clever, yet very human and touching, character so soon. I would like to see a peace treaty between the two and a kind of "friendship" growing. This would be so awsome.

Jun 24, 2009 7:09 PM

They keep making it sound like Yang is going to die, but I honestly cannot envision 30 episodes of Galactic Heroes without him. If he dies, who is Reinhard going to fight? And more importantly, what will happen to the stability of the galaxy?

Oct 26, 2009 9:47 PM

If this assassination works out, I could very easily see Reinhard targeting the Earth Cult. I don't think someone other than him killing Yang would make him happy.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Nov 3, 2009 9:53 AM

Noooooooo T.T Yang can't die now..& possibly by that man called Fork? I can't imagine such an end to such a great man..
I really HATE the earth cult..

but yeah watching the OP with Yang walking away from Rienhard and glancing at him left me with unconformable feeling...

Dec 21, 2009 1:48 PM

Please NO!

Unfortunately it looks like Yang might die soon, it has been hinted since the inclusion of the 3rd ED with Julian watching Yang's wedding pictures.

Dec 28, 2009 4:17 PM

I'm not ready for this, I don't want a 4th season without Yang/. Reinhard will be sooo pissed off...//

Jan 22, 2010 7:59 AM

He will probably die...I guessed it first time I saw the third ED song. Julian will probably take his place
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Jan 22, 2010 2:00 PM

Damn it all... that narrator needs to keep his mouth shut. A world galaxy wiithout Yang Wenli will leave behind millions of sad pandas. Nobody should have to see that tearfest.

Pending rage aside, I'm hoping that letter Attenborough wrote will cause Bittenfeld to trip and fall towards Iserlohn's guns. What Yang and the crew need now is an edge... any kind would alleviate from what looks to be the worst situation possible.

Jan 26, 2010 1:27 PM

never realized that that red chick's voice actress was the same as Boa Hancock :D

awesome episode.. Yang will die for sure x(
tho i am prepared

May 10, 2010 4:03 PM

Parental moment alert! I fear for Yang, though.

I'm getting so many Timothy McVeigh vibes from that Fork sociopath.

Oct 16, 2010 3:05 PM

I'm actually about ready for Yang to die. It was foreshadowed so long ago that by now I'm just getting impatient. I know his death is going to be super-dramatic though, and I really dread that.
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

Nov 5, 2010 4:45 PM

f*ck you narrator dude -_-
why Yang...i'd preffer to kill anybody over yang LOL,kill the blonde brat but not yang ;(

also...was i the only one who found it weird that Julian and the red-haired girl had a fight?it's like the 3rd time they talk,and they were shy with each other...so that felt very unnatural to me

anyways...Dusty&Popland were golden this episode,very funny:),i love how the FPA are all laid back :)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Nov 6, 2010 3:24 PM

clannad4ever said:
f*ck you narrator dude -_-
why Yang...i'd preffer to kill anybody over yang LOL,kill the blonde brat but not yang ;(

also...was i the only one who found it weird that Julian and the red-haired girl had a fight?it's like the 3rd time they talk,and they were shy with each other...so that felt very unnatural to me

Hint: they like each other and they feel uncomfortable when they're in each others presence. Its LURV at first sight :P
Modified by eyerok, Nov 9, 2010 3:19 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Nov 6, 2010 8:17 PM

It would be funnier if Katherine wasn't such a tsundere tho, awkward silences and uneasiness ftw.

Feb 7, 2011 6:07 AM

Good thing Romsky is a decent guy, I don't think I could bear another betrayal.
Attenborough is just...better with every episode xD
Also, say what you want, I just know it, Yang is going to die. I don't know why they made it so obvious with the narrator's remark...but maybe it's just teasing. I hope so. Ugh.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

Aug 29, 2011 11:58 AM
That remark was rather ominous...maybe there's just gonna be a rift in the relationship...I don't know.

Jan 23, 2012 12:05 AM

....Legend of the Galactic Hero's sucks at giving poor college students their needed sleep.

Feb 16, 2012 11:19 AM

I've got a bad feeling about this.

May 1, 2012 4:31 PM

I really don't want Yang to do, I will flip shit.

Loved the message they're going to send. Just brilliant.

May 3, 2012 2:08 AM

Noooo... Yang Wenli has 90% of the best lines.

At least he could have told Julian to stay away from Katerose. There are plenty of women in the galaxy so why choose one who is self-centered and makes your life difficult? Is it really a mistake everyone must make? Or maybe they'll embrace the romantic idea that love transforms difficult people into easy-going ones. As if.

May 15, 2012 8:20 PM

It's been rattling around in my head, but I'm going to make a formal prediction now that Yang will die in episode 82. Though, even if it does happen, I'll be shocked as hell regardless.

As for you, Julian, you've got to get your head on straight. Do you really want this:

-- when you have this available to you?

Sep 9, 2012 6:48 PM

i hope that Yang doesnt die on this battle, cant imagine 30 eps without him :/

Jun 13, 2013 3:30 AM

I want Yang to be defeated by Reinhard, but I prefer he die rather than he beats Mein Kaiser again.. But I still want to see his magic, at least for the last time ...

Most likely Julian will be Yang's substitute.. But I don't like Julian, I prefer Yang than him as "main protagonist" ... ahh, I am confused.. Because I believe author is in Democracy's side ...

Aug 5, 2013 12:26 AM

LOL I'm eager to see Bittenfield's reacton to that letter.

I was not happy to see Fork again. Why can't he be dead? Assassinate Yang??? Dude go get mad and have another seizure LMAO

Sep 25, 2013 7:05 AM

Sabinlerose said:
....Legend of the Galactic Hero's sucks at giving poor college students their needed sleep.
Hahahaha just see this comment, pretty funny, read the "... Legend of the Galactic Hero's sucks" only and I'm like, That's new, haven't seen anyone hating on the series yet, and usually haters wouldn't have watched up to episode 78, but then just read the rest.

Anyways . . . I have a feeling that Julian is going to die soon, the same way that Sieg did, though I kind of hope not since he has been developing lately and finally becoming more independent.

Jan 14, 2014 12:40 PM

Shits gonna hit the fan, prepare!

I have a feeling Yang is going to die :/

Apr 24, 2014 5:06 AM

This quote is disturbing. No doubt the next few episodes will have those ominous words haunting you. In a way its brilliant as a method to cause unease and tension in the ensuing episodes. On the other hand it's quite questionable if this was absolute truth. Another thing to consider is that it's Julian who may not survive.

Aug 9, 2014 7:38 AM

Well I'm done. I hope he retains his fame as undefeated and gets assassinated. I couldn't cope with him getting actually defeated in the field, it'd crush the rest of the resistance too. If he gets assassinated I think that'd only fuel the fire on the resistance, and allow Julian to blossom and become his own character. Hopefully he won't follow in Yang's footsteps though, he's obviously took on his teachings but I really hope he doesn't go on to become a Yang V2.

Also I've just just figured out why Merkatz can barely open his eyes, he's avoiding looking in the mirror to see what an abomination his character is. I don't even know what he's doing, what he wants, why he's even still alive. My least favourite character in this series by far.

Hakuromatsu said:

-- when you have this available to you?

Screw the cake eating loli's, the flowing haired tsundere is the way to go.

Nov 14, 2014 5:55 PM

Most likely Julian that's gonna die.

Dec 2, 2014 9:41 AM

How the fuck did she bump into a wall can't she fucking walk.

Dec 6, 2014 3:51 PM
Welp. Looks like Yang's gonna die. Now we get boring Julian as his successor. Hurrah.

The Earth Church is ridiculous.

Jan 6, 2015 12:44 AM

What the heck was that scream from Julian? Sounded like someone had just stolen his purse.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Mar 7, 2015 9:14 AM

The battle is coming pretty soon now. Its too bad that Julian pissed off Karin like that. That might have ruined what they had going. I like it when Julian and Yang have long philosophical debates like that.

Jun 2, 2015 10:01 AM

Looking forward to the battle, the reply was hilarious and I feel bad for poor julian p, he must be tired
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli

Jun 3, 2015 6:45 AM

So fucking hyped for this huge battle already and it looks like it will start next episode depending on Bittenfeld's reaction to the response letter. Julian's scream = lmao.

Jun 19, 2015 8:32 AM

Great episode, can't wait to see the battle!

Jul 17, 2015 6:25 PM

The last night ith Yang. Damn the death flags are high right now!

Jul 18, 2015 11:14 PM

G_Spark233 said:
The last night ith Yang. Damn the death flags are high right now!

That heavy foreshadowing doe. x(

I don't think this anime can finish without one of their best characters dying.

Aug 25, 2015 9:48 PM

son of a bitch... are they insinuating that yang is gonna die? dude..... shitstorm incoming

Jun 22, 2016 10:34 AM

I'm glad we're not getting another bs betrayal on Yang's camp...those death flags however do have me very worried :/

Dec 30, 2016 3:43 PM

This show is so difficult to watch ... in a positive sense, because one gets really attached to the very human-like characters so this whole chaotic mess with conspiracies and war are very depressing. You know many good people are gonna die and you know how senseless this whole s*** is. Just like real life.

Well, and somehow this foreshadowing can be traced back to Season 1. Remember the first ending? There, Julian and Reinhard also look at each other.

I am now afraid. Very afraid to watch the next episodes. Narrator: "[...] the most tragic moment of human history is to come". SHOOOOOT. NO.

Dec 31, 2016 2:25 AM
Manga Moderator
歌は愛♡歌は希望

I hate the narrator. He can be useful but damn it dude, stop spoiling so much stuff.

BEGINNER

Nov 22, 2017 7:29 AM

Bittenfield message was funny!!! A play that will be end bad the elite army´s Reinhard!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Feb 16, 2018 12:24 PM

I think this will be a good bye.

Apr 26, 2018 8:36 PM

Now Julian sees the human side of his hero
But why is the last time Julian and Yang talked overnight?? huh??

LOL at the message to Bittenfeld XD
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

May 16, 2018 3:37 AM
It seemed obvious that Yang would die way back when he proposed to Frederica. I thought he would die then Julian would take over his role. I'm surprised he's lasted this long! However the narrator might mean that Julian dies... Or that neither does, they just don't stay up late again...

Katerose is great. Julian needs to step up his game.

The Earth Church don't intend to make Fork commit terrorism but instead assassination! They hinted they wanted Yang dead a while ago but this is an interesting turn. How will he get close enough to do it?

Meanwhile Rubinski is targeting Reinhard's sister....

El Facil suck...Just when I think they and Yang are one they even discuss the possibility of betraying him!

Yeah, Bittenfeld will go mad when Meerkatz sends Dusty's message! We may be about to witness the death of him and Fahrenheit.

Power rankings:
1) Empire. Potentially about to be outsmarted by Yang though and lose two of it's high admirals.
2) Yang. Though may be about to become Team Julian.
3) Rubinski. Starting an all out attack of the Empire.
4) Earth Cult. Starting an all out attack on Yang.
5) El Facil. I separated these clowns again because they became suspicious.
6) The Lazybalm Dynasty.

MVP: How could it not be Dusty?

Aug 30, 2018 1:57 PM

Okay so like, the Earth cult's plot and the narrator's rather ominous statement are rather heavily implying the future doesn't look all that great for Yang.

Nov 9, 2018 2:43 AM

Gosh, I love the Cazellnu family moments. They seem harsh at times, but you can tell there's so much love and proper family conduct in their lives.