Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2008 10:08 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Bruno should've stayed at work. Reinhard lost one of his hardest working subordinates. Gluck is probalby going to slow things up again.

I wonder what De Villier plans to use Fork for? He hasn't made an appearance in so long, I completely forgot about the guy. I had to think for a while just to remember who he was and where he tied into the story.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Oct 26, 2009 9:18 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, it's to bad Bruno died. He had the kind of personality and skills that could have,possibly, change history, I thought.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 20, 2009 5:50 PM

Dec 2008
Too bad Bruno died, he was an interesting character.

Fork returns? What the hell?
Jan 21, 2010 10:59 PM

Jan 2009
I was dissapointed to see Bruno died from that Terraist bombing. He looked like he could've helped guide the galaxy to better times. I was also dissapointed that both Oberstein and Fork survived. I thought Fork died in that fire, and now seeing him with the Earth Church definitely tainted my enjoyment of this season.
Nov 4, 2010 2:24 PM

Jan 2010
great...Andrew f*cking Fork is back :)

decent episode...

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 28, 2010 6:54 PM

May 2010
Rubinsky....

Yang and Reinhard will eat you up
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 15, 2011 9:13 PM
Jul 2010
And here I thought Bruno would have a big part in the post-war story. I'm taking this as a sign that, as far as the writers are concerned, the legend ends with the conquests.
Aug 11, 2011 6:16 AM

Jan 2010
The Earth Cult really makes interesting plots really boring and stupid pretty easily with just their presence. I was really hoping there wouldn't be much more of them.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Aug 27, 2011 10:53 PM
Jun 2011
I found it interesting that Rubinsky said he wanted a son so that he can kill him. He wants someone who he feels is worthy to overtake him...obviously his son was not that in his eyes. It makes his character a little more interesting to me.
Jan 22, 2012 11:30 PM

Sep 2009
NO.
FUCK.
I thought Forks had died fourty or fifty episodes ago.
-flips a table-

AND NOOOO.
BRUNO WAS THE MAN.
Feb 15, 2012 7:29 PM

Aug 2010
Oh man I actually liked the dude. Sad to see him die. By Rubinsky, no less.
May 1, 2012 3:19 PM

Mar 2011
Bruno was a cool dude with a cool name, so I'm saddened by his death.

Rubinsky's going to be in big trouble if Reinhard finds out about it. I have a feeling Oberstein had a hand in the plan, just like Reunthal.
May 15, 2012 11:32 AM

Feb 2012
We got traded Fork for Silverberche? No thank you. And on that note, I really thought Oberstein was dead here:

Incidentally, this is already the 70% mark.
Jun 23, 2012 11:16 AM

Apr 2009
I think the animation quality decreased a bit in this episode
Sep 4, 2012 11:19 AM

Oct 2008
Can anybody remind me who this Fork guy is? is he the same guy who had some sort of stroke during an argument somewhere near the beginning of the series? If so, I really felt sorry for him..
Aug 4, 2013 11:17 PM

Jun 2013
The pacing for the last few eps have been awfully slow. Like this ep for example, without the explosion, nothing really happened.

wow, some of the Earth church dudes are still alive.....
Aug 5, 2013 3:50 AM
Apr 2012
HATUL300 said:
Can anybody remind me who this Fork guy is? is he the same guy who had some sort of stroke during an argument somewhere near the beginning of the series? If so, I really felt sorry for him..

A bit late, but Fork was the arrogant douche who planned massive invasion into Imperial territory near the beginning of the series that ultimately lead to the Battle of Amlitzer and a massive defeat for the Alliance.

Then when he was called out on how idiotic his plan was the massive shock to his ego caused a case of nerve blindness.
Sep 25, 2013 6:37 AM

Nov 2009
I'm really praying they didn't fuck up something as simple as asking someone they know won't surrender to surrender . . . I'll be sad if it turns out Bittenfeld gets taken hostage or some stupid crap like that after getting too close to Iserlohn.
Aug 9, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2013
God damn it Rubinsky. Stop being a pantomime villain hiding behind the curtain! Also the fucking earth church guys just need to give it a rest already. How are they even still kicking...? What are they even trying to do anymore? These little niggling factions are causing derailment for the grand event! Off with their heads!
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 14, 2014 5:33 PM

Mar 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
I'm really praying they didn't fuck up something as simple as asking someone they know won't surrender to surrender . . . I'll be sad if it turns out Bittenfeld gets taken hostage or some stupid crap like that after getting too close to Iserlohn.

I wouldn't be surprised.....
Mar 7, 2015 8:48 AM

Aug 2014
I was about to be really pissed if Oberstein died in that. Luckily he didn't.
Jun 2, 2015 9:28 AM

Jun 2012
Damn construction will slow down again... Oh and so close, we almost got rid of Oberstein...
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jun 3, 2015 5:16 AM
Nov 2014
Oberstein almost died ayyy, I'm surprised to see Fork is still hanging around after the war earlier in the series. Rubinsky is still a fecking ass though, am excited to see where this will go nao.
Jun 19, 2015 7:52 AM

May 2012
Damn impressive development! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 17, 2015 6:26 AM

Dec 2013
Nearly forgot who Fork was for a few seconds. That narration at the was pretty wtf. Is Yang going to surrender???
Oct 15, 2015 7:46 AM

Feb 2014
Fork is back didn't see that coming
Jun 22, 2016 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
Fork is back? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Wahlen lutzs such a bro. He didn't want to cockblock Lutz's free time with that nurse ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oberstein is so hated that everybody wanted him dead...poor guy xD
Jul 9, 2016 4:35 PM

May 2016
I've been reading every single episode discussion like a lurking mofo up until now but I just had to say this:

RAIN OR SHINE, FORK IS BACK! THE FEELS OF HIS SNARKY ATTITUDE AND STUPIDITY COMES BACK WITH ALL ITS ANNOYANCE GLORY! OH YAAAAS BABY, REMEMBER THE FEELS! BWAHAHAHAHA.

Didn't see that coming though.

I love how everyone is like OBERSTEIN IS BEHIND THIS DUN DUN DUUUUN. STFU with that shet, leave the man be until you got some hardcore evidence to back it up. Yes, I like Oberstein. Yes, he says things that probably would be better left unsaid. But he doesn't give a flying flip about anyone's feelings and says whatever he wants, whenever he wants. It's beautiful. He's honestly one of my favorite characters in this show. Also, him laying in that hospital bed all bandaged up like that was just hhhnnnnnnghhh.
Chai11Jul 9, 2016 4:40 PM
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Jul 13, 2016 8:56 AM

Nov 2013
Damn! Just when I thought logh would kill off oberstein, it killed silverberche instead.

R.I.P Great Civil Engineer

( Man, The cultists should just stfu, they're ruining the last 33 episodes of logh )
Aug 6, 2016 5:31 AM
Nov 2010
A shame for Silverberche to die. Big loss for the world.
Nov 6, 2016 4:46 AM

Aug 2014
That explosion was one hell of a twist, i didn't see that coming.
Too many schemes going around, dangerous episodes ahead.
I can take anything except an overpowered plot armor for Yang fleet.

Great Episode.
Jan 15, 2017 4:59 AM

Apr 2016
Laughed hard at how Mittermeyer considered Oberstein to be inhuman XD. Reuental is being suspicious as well, would be a biggest plot twist if everything has been Oberstein's plan, i know he's mad but to go this far to even injure himself lol... don't know what to say.

Everyone (except Reinhard) is kinda fear Oberstein and some really want him dead so badly. However, i like the guy, he doesn't talk much and he prefer action over words, it has never been revealed what his intention is so you can't say he's the real bad guy here. Was starled to see him get injured after the bombing, not that i'm surprised to see people dead but this is just too blant, too simple, if he were to die i would love to see him die elegantly like many other great character in the show.

Luckily his time hasn't come yet, really want to see him on screen more since last few episode was focusing on others. To me he's like someone who isn't afraid to do all the dirty work for the sake of his course, pay no heed to his surroundings since excuse is meaningless.
Nov 22, 2017 7:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Rubinsky for one side, and other the Earth Church, they think can control all and change history how they want!!! Horrible to me, but interesting to the plot!!!
Fork?
Feb 10, 2018 10:25 AM
Dec 2014
Poor Bruno this is a big lost for the empire.
Apr 26, 2018 9:53 PM

Jul 2012
nice thrilling music at the beginning
mozart - symphony no. 25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNeirjA65Dk
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
May 16, 2018 2:32 AM
Apr 2018
I love Rubinski and the Earth Cult! They are so fascinating whenever the pop up. I love them even more for giving Yang a glimmer of hope that he really doesn't have against the overwhelming Reinhard.

So the Earth Cult have Fork! Damn, what an unexpected return! I think they will brainwash him to do a terrorist (or terrarist!) attack and make it look like Yang orchestrated it. Not that Reinhard needs more incentive to attack Yang right now.

I think maybe that fire a while ago wasn't the accident we all thought it was...

Rubinski is also causing shit! Too bad Bruno died. Too bad Oberstein didn't. Dominic will do a secret task for him now too? Hmmmm....

Playing Bach's Air on a G String when Lutz was in hospital was an interesting touch. They always have classical music obviously and have played some really famous pieces like Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain and Great Gate of Kiev but this was by far the most iconic piece they've ever used and the first time they've played one of the big AAA pieces of classical music. It was almost distracting actually.

Reinhard tearing down that statue was not cool. It wasn't just an image of the old ruler but a symbol of democracy. He's such a twat.

Power rankings:

1) The Empire. Marching ever closer to total control despite the setback of Bruno's death,
2) Yang. Hanging on by a thread.
3) Rubinski. Still got massive tricks up his sleeve. Killing Bruno was a big win for his Phezzan.
4) Earth Cult. Also scored a win here! What will they do next?
5) The Goldenbalm's. Come on guys, you are slacking.

MVP: Rubinski you awesome son of a bitch!
Oct 30, 2018 6:39 PM
Apr 2018
Oh God, not Fork again. I was so happy with him in a mental asylum (or wherever he had been sent to).
Nov 9, 2018 12:28 AM

Feb 2017
"I have plans to give humanity something they've never seen before." Proceeds to die later that night.
Nov 21, 2019 5:55 AM

Oct 2012
Looks like the Prosthesis arms just saved their lives
Imagine if he's there delivering speech like what he's supposed to do

Seems like something bad is brewing behind
And it's not good for both Reinhard and Yang
I hope they realize it soon, before it's too late
"Signature removed"
Jan 2, 2020 8:18 AM

Nov 2016
R.i.p Silberberch, but I'm just glad that Oberstein made it out alive.

And OH MY GAWD, Andrew fooking Fork is back.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2020 5:11 PM

Jul 2019
People's crying for that silly architect just because he was good looking, nobody would give a crap about him if he looked like a Goldenbaum inbreed.
Dec 21, 2020 9:37 PM
Jun 2017
So it seems that one of the death flags raised is now being flown at half mast, damn Rubinsky! I'm saddened by Silverberche's death. Even if his appearances were scarce, he demonstrated to be a highly capable and hard working individual, which would have played a key role in the postwar Empire, as he said himself.

On the other hand, I'm glad that Oberstein survived, but this incident only makes me look at his death flag with even more apprehension. As the IRA said after the Conservative Convention bombing to Margaret Thatcher, "We only have to be lucky once. You have to be lucky every time", and I wonder when will Oberstein's luck run out.

He isn't liked by the other Top Two, nor the rest of the Admirals. I would very much like to know how is his relationship with Reinhard now.

Now that I mention Reinhard, I find it reasonable for him to have taken the decision of demolishing Heinessen's statue. The doom of the Alliance was in Idolizing the person and not following his ideals.
Jun 22, 2021 2:55 PM

Jul 2017
the animation looks weird again
Aug 2, 2021 7:34 PM

Jun 2020
seein oberstein death flags 😑
Oct 28, 2021 3:11 AM

Jul 2016
Mroujeee said:
Fork is back didn't see that coming

Neither did he...
Jun 14, 2022 4:26 PM

Dec 2007
when they mentioned the earth cult took andrew folk, it took me some time to remember why he's so important to have needed kidnapped. lol

while oberstein being fairly hated, i just can't stand rubinsky. i understand that he's salty politician, but i just cannot stand his ideals. he thinks only about himself...

i do wonder though, why the order to demolish heinsein's statue delayed so much. the first thing i will do when i would conquer democracy nation with it's large figure statue would be demolishing it.
Jul 26, 2022 7:12 PM
Jun 2022
I’m enjoying this last few episodes quite a bit. Some intriguing stuff all happening at once.

RIP Bruno. Despite not being that important to the whole saga, he was fine (love his “workaholic look”). Almost died when Oberstein appeared laying on the ground. Do not kill my favorite character just yet, goddamnit!

So the Terraists are back, scheming alongside the Old Fox Rubi. I’ve got a BAD feeling about Fork’s return, though… I’m guessing he will kill a VERY important character… hope I’m wrong.
Dec 13, 2022 8:56 AM

May 2018
rip Bruno T_T the best architect died rip, hope his plans go through
Jan 25, 2023 6:20 AM

Aug 2018
We instantly started with a massive terrorist plot, unfortunately most talented civil engineer was claimed during it, rip Silverbeche. Oberstein seems to have taken damage too, but he will recover at least

Andrew Fork is making a return, can't believe this psycho is still around and is a free walking man from now on/

Rubinsky still trying to stay relevant from the shadows, maybe someone will manage to stop him for good, but overall I'm interested to see what he will do next
Jun 21, 2023 3:39 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.