Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2010 7:55 AM

Oct 2010
You can post whatever you want to about anime or manga here. Complaints,praises what you plan to watch or read, anything or anytime you can post them right here at Daily Anime/Manga thoughts! :)

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2010 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
Gundam00 second season right now you are AWESOME!!!

Dec 16, 2010 3:55 AM

Aug 2009
I just looked at the ratings on MAL, I'm surprised that the gundam00 second season is actually *slightly* higher (a difference between 8.37 and 8.38; a hundereth point of the score). I'm not always a big fan of watching second seasons to begin with. (with maybe the exception of code geass)
I was just wondering what your preference was, is season two better?

Also, I know I'm delayed in watching this series, but I just finished watching Soul Eater today. I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't seen it, but the ending was, to me, a super EPIC FAIL. For such a good series, they could have made a better ending. I hear rumors of a second season, but the fact that they ruined the ending as it currently is has lost my faith in the producers of this anime. *sigh*
Dec 16, 2010 5:39 AM

Oct 2010
Actually just finished Gundam00 season 2 last night, in a nutshell season one was way better than season two. Didn't like the final 2 episodes. :(

Dec 16, 2010 9:54 AM

Jun 2009
Worried about how the Kuroshitsuji (The Black Butler) dubbed version is going to turn out O_O
Dec 16, 2010 10:39 AM
Dec 2010
I am very curious about the Marvel Animé shows, I have seen a few episodes of the Iron Man Animé and really want to see the Blade Animé.

Do anyone have any anime tips for me? I am running out of new series to watch and i would really appreciate it.
Dec 16, 2010 5:57 PM

Oct 2010
If you haven't yet you can check "Anime recommendations for newbies"

Dec 16, 2010 6:04 PM
Sep 2010
HiNoNeko243 said:
Worried about how the Kuroshitsuji (The Black Butler) dubbed version is going to turn out O_O

Me too. I'm glad someone else knows about Kuroshitsuji.

I've been having this debate about Code Geass and Death Note with some friends of mine. They say Light is just like Lelouch. There's only one similarity between the two; they both want to change the world using the supernatural. I get it. Light wanted to rid the world of crime. But did he really have a deep meaning behind that want besides to help his dad? Not really. Then he got cocky and his motives changed. He wanted to become "the God of the new world". He became selfish, and when L stepped in, his motive changed again to only wanting to cover his own ass for all the crimes he'd committed.

Now Lelouch had a solid, personal right to hate how the world was. His mother was killed and his little sister was blinded and crippled by his own nation. He was exiled and abandoned, left to take care of Nunnally by himself. He wanted to make the world a gentler place for Nunnally to live in. I agree with what they said, he did it the wrong way, but he did it nonetheless. His motive never changed; his sights stayed on Nunnally throughout the entire series. Certain circumstances forced him to change the way he did things, but his goal was steadfast. I admit that he committed some far worse crimes than Light, and that Lelouch did seriously go mad. But his madness was from seeing all his loved ones get hurt and sometimes die. Light only went mad with power-lust and greed.
Dec 18, 2010 4:47 AM

Oct 2010
Kaze no Yojimbo is going pretty good right now. :)

Dec 19, 2010 6:05 PM

Oct 2010
Just completed Kaze no Yojimbo,I have to say 2 thumbs up! :)

Dec 19, 2010 10:19 PM

Aug 2009
wow, that was fast. o__0
I'm excited to watch anything that is taken from Kurosawa, but I'm afraid that the reference is taken very loosely...
Dec 20, 2010 6:22 PM

Oct 2010
Gonna start Gurren Lagann let's see whats the big deal!

Dec 21, 2010 9:38 AM

Jun 2009
gundam83 said:
Gonna start Gurren Lagann let's see whats the big deal!

It's really good :D
Dec 21, 2010 10:04 AM

Jun 2009
BabyRanger said:
HiNoNeko243 said:

Me too. I'm glad someone else knows about Kuroshitsuji.

I've been having this debate about Code Geass and Death Note with some friends of mine. They say Light is just like Lelouch. There's only one similarity between the two; they both want to change the world using the supernatural. I get it. Light wanted to rid the world of crime. But did he really have a deep meaning behind that want besides to help his dad? Not really. Then he got cocky and his motives changed. He wanted to become "the God of the new world". He became selfish, and when L stepped in, his motive changed again to only wanting to cover his own ass for all the crimes he'd committed.

Now Lelouch had a solid, personal right to hate how the world was. His mother was killed and his little sister was blinded and crippled by his own nation. He was exiled and abandoned, left to take care of Nunnally by himself. He wanted to make the world a gentler place for Nunnally to live in. I agree with what they said, he did it the wrong way, but he did it nonetheless. His motive never changed; his sights stayed on Nunnally throughout the entire series. Certain circumstances forced him to change the way he did things, but his goal was steadfast. I admit that he committed some far worse crimes than Light, and that Lelouch did seriously go mad. But his madness was from seeing all his loved ones get hurt and sometimes die. Light only went mad with power-lust and greed.

My thoughts :

Actually I've written up one of these break downs of the show Code Geass vs. Death Note in a club, but I'll rewrite it.
NOTE: I wrote this as if they were against each other in a fight.

WARNING SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS WARNING

1: The Geass vs. The Death Note

At first I didn't know who would win so I looked at the positives and the negatives. The Geass can be tackled easily by sunglasses or a mask however for the Death Note to work you need a name AND a face, this could be a problem as Lelouch goes under a false surname. Okay say Light had the shinigami eyes then it would be a question of who looks at who first. Next is the time factor. It takes a lot longer to write a name than to say a command.

WINNER: THE GEASS

2: Zero vs Kira

Zero is a good leader and goes out in public a lot more than Kira. Kira leads his small amount of followers poorly. Light leads the police force well but when it came to Kira business he failed miserably leading to his death. However Kira is more secretive and doesn't have a face to his name to the public. He stays in his room mostly and everything he does is behind closed doors. Result? A dramatically decreased chance of being found out. Clever much.

WINNER: KIRA

3: Lelouch vs. Light

The characters are fairly similar but there are a few KEY differences. Lelouch cares about his family and has reason behind his intentions. He wants a better world for his sister unlike Light who wants it for himself. Lelouch is much more emotionally mature than Light.
Light is childish and has a juvernile view of justice. To put it simply (very dumbed down but is his basic prrincipal) he thinks that "bad" people must die. His judgement of 'bad' people are killed and those who he judges to be 'worthy' or 'good' survive. He dreams of power and being a God like figure. He dreams of leading a world free of corruption.
Whereas Lelouch wants a better world for society and mainly his sister. He is less selfish. Although he went about it perhaps in the wrong way, his motive was consistant and he was true to those around him.

WINNER: LELOUCH
Dec 23, 2010 1:16 AM

Dec 2010
My daily manga thought for the day is regarding Naruto Shippuden. It's about the latest chapter. I'm kinda bummed about the fact that there wont be any release this week but anyways, I just have this feeling that Naruto is getting worse by the minute. I mean, the plot isn't really that good anymore. After the Pein arc, it has become rather predictable and common. I hope Kishi will be able to make the storyline more exciting and unique... Well, I cant really blame him or anything, It's not that easy to make a story and yeah I should just give him credit for being able to create a story like Naruto.

Okay, enough with the tatter about Naruto, I'm sounding like a fangirl now... but yeah, I'm a self confessed Naruto fanatic so I'm entitled to an opinion too... what am I saying, everyone is entitled to an opinion, I guess I just don't want to pretend that I like the way the story goes right now, nobody's a hypocrite..

Arigatou! Pipz!
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Dec 28, 2010 10:01 AM

Oct 2010
Gurren Lagann was pretty good! :)

Dec 28, 2010 11:37 AM

Jan 2009
gundam83 said:
Gurren Lagann was pretty good! :)

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me who believes in you!"
Dec 31, 2010 6:07 AM
Dec 2010
Golgo 13 is boring and intresting anime :D
Dec 31, 2010 1:21 PM
Nov 2010
The end of Code Geass is really sad. I was confused and even cried although I knew what would happen. SPOILER ARE EVIL!!!!!!
Dec 31, 2010 5:42 PM

Oct 2010
Hmm I think I might rewatch Gurren Lagann again.

Jan 1, 2011 11:33 AM

Dec 2010
Just finished FMA and it felt like being cheated, i was pretty disappointed.
Also im now at ep 10 of Lovely Complex cute serie love it so far.
Visionary
Jan 1, 2011 5:20 PM

May 2010
Few days ago I finished reading Rozen Maiden original Manga.
It was very fun and interesting read.

Now I am going to check out the anime laters but I guess I want to know more about and stuff before doing so. ? ?
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Jan 6, 2011 6:43 AM

Oct 2010
I haven't watch any anime at all for a week and I'm still alive?

Jan 6, 2011 7:58 AM

May 2010
No one replied to me :(

I checked out last week:

* Rozen Maiden
* Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, Movie and A's

I had already read the manga for Rozen Maiden, Compared to the manga the anime is very good and has extra material that made the story much better.

I really liked Nanoha 1st season movie and the second season. Now watching StrikerS. It's not as fun as 1st and 2nd but still the story is very good.

If you like anime with magic and mysterious things, with slice of life and some comedy, you will not be disappointed by those 2 anime.
Jan 6, 2011 12:12 PM

Dec 2010
Everyone i know tells me Rozen Maiden is great!
I started FMA Brotherhood yesterday, and i have to say its much better then the first adaption, i also almost finished Lovely Complex i love it 1 of the most fun series i`ve seen so far in my anime life xD
Visionary
Jan 6, 2011 1:17 PM

Nov 2010
FiFi_x_Amnesia said:
I started FMA Brotherhood yesterday, and i have to say its much better then the first adaption, i also almost finished Lovely Complex i love it 1 of the most fun series i`ve seen so far in my anime life xD

I've only watched FMA brotherhood. Should I bother watching the other adaptation or just stick with this one?
Jan 6, 2011 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
All depends... do you want a story that follows the manga or an anime that takes its own spin on things. If you want the manga story watch Brotherhood (Which was phenomenal). If you want a different side of things, watch the original FMA, which was pretty good in its own right.
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Jan 7, 2011 3:22 AM

Dec 2010
FiFi_x_Amnesia said:

I second that.
Jan 7, 2011 2:42 PM
Jan 2010
Anybody else think an Amagami SS AMV to Wavves "Post Acid" would be hilarious/awesome?
Jan 8, 2011 1:10 AM
Aug 2010
I finished Bakemonogatari and I loved it. (:
Jan 11, 2011 6:56 AM

Oct 2010
Just realised last night my wife loves School Rumble!

Jan 11, 2011 7:57 AM

Jan 2009
gundam83 said:
Just realised last night my wife loves School Rumble!

Its a funny series xD

Just caught up with Fairy Tail and I absolutely LOVE IT.

So fast paced, not the bleach kinda 50 episodes for one battle. No on or a half episode and it's brilliant. Funny, lovely art, I'm in love...
Jan 11, 2011 9:42 AM

Dec 2010
I've only watched FMA brotherhood. Should I bother watching the other adaptation or just stick with this one?

I think its worth watching FMA, cause its slightly different and you`ll be able to enjoy Maes Hughes some more xD
Visionary
Jan 11, 2011 11:49 AM

Dec 2010
FiFi_x_Amnesia said:

Haha, It's the opposite for me:) : I loved FMA and I was very disappointed with FMA B. I'm stuck at episode 26 or 27 and just can't get myself to start watching again.

Gonna read Elfen Lied to chapter 70 today:).
Seven years of power, the corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media, the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know:
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow...
Jan 11, 2011 6:34 PM
Dec 2007
Hiyall. ^^

I have been hooked one some S&M manga(s) lately. For some reason, that kind of ecchi semd to be the best. I warmly recommend Sundomem though I can't find anythingpast chapter 58. :\
Jan 12, 2011 12:14 AM

Feb 2010
Genshiken is a good read about otaku subculture.
Jan 12, 2011 7:10 AM

Dec 2010
Just started Highschool of the Dead really an great anime love it so far im at ep 3 now
And dont know why cause i really hate incest and all, but for some reason i really enjoyed Because For Some Reason My Big Brother Doesn’t Like Me At All–!!”.

If your following Da Capo please do not click on the spoiler tag
Visionary
Jan 12, 2011 7:17 AM

Dec 2010
Ixalion said:
Haha, It's the opposite for me:) : I loved FMA and I was very disappointed with FMA B. I'm stuck at episode 26 or 27 and just can't get myself to start watching again.

How is the manga of Elfen Lied i really loved the anime i thought i gived it a 10, I really want to try some manga now, i`ve read some chapters of Suzuka and Vampire Knight, but i could`nt enjoy it somehow
Visionary
Jan 12, 2011 10:24 AM

May 2010
FiFi_x_Amnesia said:
If your following Da Capo please do not click on the spoiler tag

DOUSHITE!!!!???

Too bad if you stop watching to the end cuz you get to know more about the tree and Sakuranbo

FiFi_x_Amnesia said:
How is the manga of Elfen Lied i really loved the anime i thought i gived it a 10, I really want to try some manga now, i`ve read some chapters of Suzuka and Vampire Knight, but i could`nt enjoy it somehow

The manga has more details into the story of the experiment. I did not like it as much as the anime.
hfinityJan 12, 2011 11:07 AM
Jan 13, 2011 6:01 AM

May 2010
Just watched the first episode of Level E, laughed my ass off :)

I think Bleach is picking up again with Bleach 433.

I'm going to go on a Genshiken marathon this weekend!
Jan 13, 2011 7:03 AM

Aug 2010
I've done the housework, finished my coursework and I've got nothing planned for the day, so I'm going to something I haven't done in a long time: sit on my glorious arse and watch anime all day. My dad won't mind as long as I put Ghost in the Shell on at some point. :>
Jan 13, 2011 8:12 AM

Jan 2009
Watched Level E and love it already :P
Jan 13, 2011 12:17 PM

Dec 2010
Just watched ep 1 of Higurashi did`nt really read a review of it, just wanted to surprise myself. But damn this seems like one dark anime. Only seen 1 ep seen so its hard to say anything bout` it, but shit all these girls looks like f-in psycopaths to me. One thing that for sure it`s deff different then the ecchi/romance/harem anime`s i usually watch XD
Visionary
Jan 13, 2011 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
Read the latest few chapters of Gantz to catch up. So lovely and uselessly violent O_o.

And yes, Higurashi is rather dark, but super cool!
Jan 13, 2011 12:53 PM

Dec 2010
FiFi_x_Amnesia said:
Ixalion said:

Yeah, I liked the anime a lot as well:). The manga is more detailed... it's ok, but I definitely prefer the anime ( I actually still haven't gotten to chapter 70, btw XD).
Seven years of power, the corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media, the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know:
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow...
Jan 20, 2011 5:49 AM

Oct 2010
My wife said she wanted to watch Kaze no Yojimbo. Its almost a week and she hasn't watched anything. :(

Jan 20, 2011 9:34 AM
Jan 25, 2011 9:15 AM

Oct 2010
My wife is currently watching Kaze no Yojimbo

Jan 30, 2011 8:41 AM

May 2010
A Wakening of the Trailblazer is too good to be kept to just the Japanese :)
Jan 30, 2011 10:53 PM

Sep 2010
Man, I need to hurry and finish the series I want to watch so I can get more time to read manga :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» introduce yourself :) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

gundam83 - Nov 11, 2010

204 by emxutaxmine »»
Jul 16, 2014 9:42 AM

Sticky: » This Club is dead

hfinity - Apr 12, 2014

1 by RandomNinjaName »»
Apr 20, 2014 3:34 PM

» Recommendations

noangelhonestly - Feb 25, 2013

5 by noangelhonestly »»
Feb 24, 2014 10:55 AM

» I Recommend...

gundam83 - Jan 6, 2012

6 by noangelhonestly »»
Feb 25, 2013 10:40 AM

» Anime winter 2011-2012

hfinity - Dec 10, 2011

9 by SofiaBulga »»
Oct 29, 2012 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.