Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 10 Discussion

Jun 3, 2016 4:29 AM
HikariSakura321 said:
Is this the how the normal ending happened? Though I read something about Saito in the normal ending showed him dead and Okita and Sano were never seen, but not confirmed dead.
As for the two extra eps. I hope to see Saito still alive since his was kinda open and ends up Chizuru. I mean they wouldn't kill the most popular character off.
Plus he's still sorta the first guy she met.

Okita and saito and harada and shinpachi were not shown while dying I hope they are alive in season 3 I am going to start watching it.

Jun 3, 2016 4:37 AM
That ending though showing all of the other characters T_T. and what kazuma died so easily I think it would have been better if while fighting hijikata can't continue from his previous wound and dies so kazuma takes Chizuru and go and then make a new season where Okita and saito and harada and shinpachi are not dead( because they didn't show us their bodies dead or while they are dying also shinpachi they didn't even say he died)and then the fights begin between the demons and the last members of the shinsengumi trying to save Chizuru.

Jun 3, 2016 4:40 AM
Gingersn4p said:
Oh. My. God. I can't stop crying. Everyone died. Chizaru is all alone under a cherry blossom tree with everyone she ever cared about dead. I can't. This anime had a horrible ending, especially after Hijikata San said he had something to live for, and they finally were in love, and he just goes and dies. Why. Why producers. Your anime ending sucks. You killed all of your fabulous creations, I hope you're happy now.

I really liked those Shensengumi guys. They were amazing people, which is why it was so painful when they threw their lives away. After watching this it makes you realize just how precious life is! <3 Anybody else need another box of tissues?

I need another box of tissues I finished watching season two then went to watch the ovas and every time I see how they used to be together I start to cry why why did u kill them Okita saito harada heisuke T_T
Also did shinpachi die

Sep 17, 2016 1:58 PM

That ending scene, it made me forgive the show. It didn't live to my expectations because I found it boring but that ending scene was worth it.

Jun 3, 2017 10:13 PM

Im sad I can't appreciate this series like the rest of you. I thought it was a total disaster. The writing was atrocious, Chizuru was really shallow (only given the illusion of depth), and a lot of content felt missing. It felt like the show couldn't decide what it wanted to be, and in the confusion with no clear goal we are provided a disjointed story which asks more questions than it answers.

Jun 30, 2017 12:57 AM

It was kinda a bit sad but not very inspiring. The way they were passionate about the shinsengumi, you'd swear they would succeed and gain fame. I guess in the end they were losers all of them.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Jul 6, 2017 12:40 AM

After the 3rd death I realized the order in which they appeared in the ED (starting after Kondou) was also the order in which they died.

Respect for that red hair demon though, he remained formal in every encounter.

The show followed historical events so it was expected the imperial army would win from the beginning.

The show felt rushed throughout the seasons, nearly 3-4 month jump between episodes. Not sure if they were skipping source material like mad or following historical events...

Jan 14, 2018 10:44 PM

Alright so Hijikata-san died as well. Hmm the ending was depressing but imo it was a good ending. Okita, Hijikata and others died beautifully but the way kazama died was ridiculous. I don't think there was any reason for him to die at all so it was kinda pointless.

Apr 28, 2018 4:06 AM
this was depressing, to say the least

but i guess many feel the same, seeing the reactions of many on this forum.

i am pleased that there is such a platform existent for us fans/ critics (perhaps?) to share our thoughts on the last episode of season 2.

i was largely saddened by all the character deaths, but a beautiful anime overall. i just thought the way they killed all the characters was like mass killing. i can't comprehend why some of them had to die. i mean, it's an anime to begin with and they were loosely following the historical plot to begin with. even if it lacked realism, they could have allowed every shinsengumi character to live on and enjoy life in the end.

this ended up being really tragedic, which was what i signed up for because i watched hakuouki assuming it was a fluffy reverse harem anime lmao. i didn't expect myself to be crying nearly every episode nearing the end of season 2.

but i still feel that this forum is cool. it allows me to see the perspectives of everyone through these four pages that i have read, and i am truly moved by this anime.

although i hated some parts of it, i still loved it in the end. it has its shitty parts - but that is also what makes this anime so good. i would ask people to give this anime a try - and see them transform into a ball of angst on the last episode. muahahaha.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]