Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Saint Seiya Episode 70 Discussion

Dec 4, 2010 3:17 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"You have a face like a girl"
takes one to know one!

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note

May 3, 2011 10:26 PM

It looks life Shun is the Son Gohan of Saint Seiya!

Nov 8, 2013 1:30 PM

Veethorn said:
It looks life Shun is the Son Gohan of Saint Seiya!

Yeah he was always superpowerfull but just needed to be pushed hard to kick ass, lol.
Kind of ridiculous considering all the dangers they have been until now.
Yes i could have always kicked the ass of all those annoying dudes but i just never felt angry enough.
Anyway his opponent was the most stupid golden saint ever.

Dec 20, 2013 10:10 PM

Cool move there Shun.

Jun 12, 2015 11:11 AM

You know what they say: "Never judge a book by its cover". Shun has proven that. Nice job defeating Aphrodite. Now it's all up to Seiya to beat the final boss!

Jan 28, 2018 3:05 AM

If any saint had a secret ultra technique they weren't using it was Shun, so this isn't too shocking. Seeing Aphrodite pull out rose after rose was pretty comedic, "Red rose didn't work?? Well how about teal rose?!" And seeing Shun at his best was definitely something we've waited a long time for. it's rare to see him like this, I recall once when Seiya cut the chain to kill himself as Shun was being attacked by the black saints he also got pretty angrily out of character, but it's nice to see again. I wonder if in reality he would have done this before, like against the fire guy while he was defending Saori or something, but perhaps not. This is the farthest he's ever been pushed. Yet again we get a dialogue on what true justice is. Aphrodite is in line with Death Mask believing that the victor is the just one, or in his words "Justice is power". I suppose the fact that he didn't concede defeat and died means that his is wrong.

This shot of Shun and Aphrodite laying together is really beautiful. I had to screen shot it.

We all knew where this arc was going, and I may have said this before, but at least it pertains to the theme of self sacrifice for the greater good, for justice. I've definitely seen it done worse, but I won't mention where as it's not possible to without spoiling. With Shun out of the picture and a whole lot of Saint Seiya left, I have to be confident that they'll all come back after the pope is dealt with.

Go Marin go!!!