Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 74 Discussion

Jun 1, 2008 9:48 PM
Vermillion

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rubinsky ended up buying Yang some time but the question of Reuental's loyalty would have had to be addressed eventually. Problems will arise if the distrust spreads across the ranks, especially if Mittermeyer takes sides against his best friend.

Schenkopp will never win the father of the year award but there's still room for Karin and him to come to terms. Poplan actually said something good for a change in trying to encourage her. Julian needs to sort things out between them. Cazzelnu might not approve though :P

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.

Dec 22, 2008 6:03 PM
Observer

I wonder why does Julian minds so much about Katerose hating him....

Other than that, interesting political opinions from Yang and his subordinates...

On the other hand, nothing surprising about the Earth Cult's scheme and Phezzan....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Jan 18, 2010 10:18 PM

Reuenthal has me worried. The story has been hinting at his wavering loyalty recently and I wonder what he'll do. This recent news coupled with Rubinsky may buy Yang enough time to think things through.

Speaking of difficult things, it doesn't look like Katerose and Schenkopp will be approaching any sort of a parent/daughter relationship any time soon given that exchange. Will Julian have anything to do with bringing them together now that Poplan tried his best? Hmm.....

Jun 21, 2010 11:44 AM

Very good episode. Another great talk about democracy vs autocracy with Yang and Julian and seeing Katerose finally facing her father was great too. By the way, is it just me or does she resemble Rubinsky's mistress?
Anyway, great episode and the ending seems very promising.

StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.

Nov 1, 2010 2:32 PM

at last Katerose faced her father :),i expected more though(domestic violence is the key)...kidding

good episode,and i'm really happy that i get closer to the "famous" episode 82 :p

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Dec 27, 2010 9:01 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't give a ==== about Julian and his girlfriend?

Why is Rubinsky still alive? That guy really annoys me.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Aug 26, 2011 8:38 PM
Pretty good cliffhanger...it's really got me wondering...

Jan 21, 2012 12:17 AM

I like the redheaded bastard child of the Rosenritter.

May 14, 2012 7:13 PM

Oskar von Reuenthal...I think your time in the sun is finally at hand.

Karin's reunion with Schenkopp, and the conversation with Poplan that followed, were well-scripted. She's another one of the many supporting characters that could stand on their own as main characters if the script allowed it.

Yang said:
He's not necessarily perfect in his character, but he's the most brilliant existence of the past few centuries of history. To destroy that with my own hand...I couldn't help but feel scared by it. At that time, I may have avoided responsibility with the governmental order as an excuse. And for that, I may have been loyal both to the government and to myself. But, for instance, for the soldiers who died in the war, that could be characterized as an act of unforgivable betrayal.

Most of Yang's conversation with Julian and Frederica was par for the course; a typical political science lecture from Yang the historian. But this admission surprised me. Yang's lack of ambition has been evident over the course of the series, but ever since the surrender of the FPA, he's sounded outright conflicted and, at times, borderline hypocritical. But what could he possibly have done to reconcile these conflicting thoughts within his own belief system? If he had killed Reinhard at Vermilion instead, he'd be just as conflicted.

Sep 24, 2013 8:53 AM

Doubting Reuenthal now is stupid. I mean while he did have the thought of taking over, he never followed through, even given the perfect chance (during the battle of Vermillion), so it should be rather obvious that Reuenthal is at this point rather loyal to the Kaiser.

Apr 23, 2014 8:32 PM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
seeing Katerose finally facing her father was great too. By the way, is it just me or does she resemble Rubinsky's mistress?

She definitely does resemble Dominique, I was thinking the same thing myself. Seeing Rubinsky's mistress in the next episode only reaffirms my opinion that she is a younger variant of Dominique. In my opinion they are both the best looking females in the show, although I do love Frederica's purity, sweetness, and loyalty, as well as Mariendorf for similar reasons. Jessica Edwards early on was very pretty and likable as well.

Aug 9, 2014 5:14 AM

wakka9ca said:
I wonder why does Julian minds so much about Katerose hating him....

...The reason is about as subtle as a club round the head.

Nov 14, 2014 3:54 PM

Confucius said:

I don't give a dam about it as well :D

Dec 6, 2014 7:52 AM
xAvengerx said:
Confucius said:

I don't give a dam about it as well :D

Neither do I - the majority of the characters are pretty dull or unlikeable to me.

Dec 6, 2014 7:55 AM

Oshii said:

Neither do I - the majority of the characters are pretty dull or unlikeable to me.

Go back to your Steins Gate,Code Geass or whatever is your favorites then,no is forcing you to watch it.You're only doing a disservice to yourself by sitting trough something you dislike.

Jan 5, 2015 8:39 PM

So the Reuental plot begins!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Mar 7, 2015 7:21 AM

I liked that the red-head girl and her dad solved their problems and how the other red-head guy helped her get over it.

Jun 2, 2015 1:51 PM

Holy shit, I guess Reuental is gonna play some major part now...well it's been foreshadowed so long already.

Jun 19, 2015 6:11 AM

Something big is going to get down soon! Let's see what's next.

Jul 15, 2015 11:31 PM

Interesting ending with Reuental.

Based Schenkopp should be father of the year lol

May 21, 2016 3:44 AM

A fulfillment of the foreshadowed ulterior motive of Reuental? Interesting

Jun 21, 2016 2:34 PM

Rubinsky's still plotting as ever haha.

Reuenthal is probably getting set up because I doubt at this point he'll try to betray Reinhard.
Modified by KashKetchum, Jun 21, 2016 2:43 PM

Nov 15, 2017 9:40 PM

Revental?! Is the turn to change this to the Rubinsky style!!! i hate this guy!!! kekeke

Hello, my litte boy!

Feb 16, 2018 10:35 AM

The thing I feared the most damn it.

May 14, 2018 2:54 AM
Yep, just as we suspected Rubinski is stirring the plot between Oberstein and Reuenthal. Bedding that girl and bringing her to Phezzan really wasn't a good idea now wasit Reuenthal? Add in the fact that you didn't spot Yang's trick and o dear. Interesting that Reinhard went straight to Muller too. He wants an opinion completely unbiased.

I said before that everyone distrusts Reuenthal but he's done nothing to deserve their mistrust... but I've got the feeling that now everyone suspects him he'll give them a reason to fear him.

That disc didn't really reveal that much after all after ten episodes of buildup. We know the Church and Phezzan went back years and Rubinski has already severed ties with them.

Katerose looks like she'll get over herself and cheer up a bit which is good. Julianis obsessed with her!

Now the power rankings:

1) The Empire. They may be about to have a major split but they are still number 1.
2) Yang. El Facil are already annoying Yang but at the moment we have no reason to separate them on this list.
3) Rubinski. The man's plans are in full effect now!
4) The Earth Cult. Everyone is now wondering where the Grand Bishop is at last.
5) The Goldenbalms. Meanwhile nobody cares about these apart from Meerkatz.

Speaking of Meerkatz, mate stop wearing that damn uniform. No wonder El Facil don't trust you. Jesus man.

MVP: Poplan! He got Father and Daughter talking and didn't try to bang Katerose. Good job!

Oct 28, 2018 2:05 PM
My man Reuental, what could he possibly be doing?

I seriously hope Julian doesn't end up with Karin.

Nov 8, 2018 9:30 PM

Viva Yang Wen-li!