Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2010 1:36 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, really sad episode, but still that was a bit cheap :D The Capricorn was going to kill Dragon in their fight anyway, but was so impressed that Dragon decided to sacrifice his life and use the forbidden technique to kill them both, lol
Also in the end he realised what is the truth, lol, pretty much in time xD

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
May 3, 2011 7:00 AM

Feb 2009
It's kind of annoying when the series takes on this over-dramatic tone when there's absolutely no way the character in question is going to die... Anyway, it was a good fight.
Feb 14, 2012 10:02 AM

Apr 2007
Shiryu. Stop sacrificing yourself.

Well I can't just blame him since all the main fighters have done so a few times. Do some proper training and stop it already.
May 10, 2012 3:40 AM

May 2011
Veethorn said:
It's kind of annoying when the series takes on this over-dramatic tone when there's absolutely no way the character in question is going to die...

I agree. But I guess I had gotten used to it already.

Monochrome said:
Shiryu. Stop sacrificing yourself.

It's quite humorous that Shiryu had died
for so many times.
jr_paperbagMay 10, 2012 3:48 AM
Dec 30, 2012 2:04 AM

Mar 2012
Even if his entire body was rocket fuel, that would have yielded enough energy to jump them to that height.
I think that was near the escape velocity (including air friction) of Earth; 11.2 km/s
If he had that much of energy and power in the first place, why did he put it into a single punch to open a large hole in that gold saint?
AhmedHanDec 30, 2012 2:09 AM
May 16, 2015 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
The best part about this episode is the fact that Shura died knowing the truth. It's mind boggling how all of these Gold Saints still believe the real Athena is somewhere in the Sanctuary even though they have NEVER laid eyes on her.

And Shiryu isn't dead..there's just no way. I'm not buying it, lol.
Jun 8, 2015 9:45 PM

May 2009
SHIRYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not giving up on you! I know you'll come back! You have to! You're my favorite saint dammit!
Overall, I salute your "sacrifice" for defeating Capricorn!
Jan 21, 2018 5:02 PM

Jun 2016
When Saint Seiya is good, it's one of my favorite anime of all time. This is such a weird anime for me, it has apparent flaws and enough to drag it down, but at the same time the charm it has makes me want to put it in my 3x3. I love the characters, the fights when they're good, the mix of morality and the questions of justice, and the world building so much!!!!

And Shiryu, this is why you're my favorite Saint Seiya character. You are perfect. Shiryu first allows him to pierce his heart to break his arm, and then uses this as a bait to make him attempt to do it again. Once he falls for it, he (somehow) locks his hand in his chest, karate chops his arm off, flips around him to MMA grapple him into the sky and fly into space. His display and resolve to die for justice is enough to turn this seemingly pretentious and arrogant Shura into a believer, and they, together, have a weirdly serene moment where they become stars together burning up into space to watch over Athena for eternity. So freaking beautiful. The way he screamed to his companions, and how we saw Old Master cry for his sake were tragic. I always love the motif of making a hardened master character shed tears, it's always so meaningful. This is easily one of my favorite fights in Saint Seiya.

If the ultimate dragon was foreshadowed for the entire series and not used a random power up and he had just decided to use it now... And if Shiryu is really permanently dead, as a star with Shura to watch over Athena for eternity; especially if my last point was true, then this would be one of my favorite fictional deaths ever. And it would have made this one of my favorite anime fights ever as well. I personally think, due to the consistency, that the Argol fight was still the best in the series fighting wise, but Shura vs Shiryu is definitely one of if not the, most emotionally best. The cheesily epic display leading into literally flying and burning up into space while having a serene conversation was perfect.

Shiryu took some notes from Hyoga, his strategy for winning was very reminiscent of when Hyoga grabbed Ikki's hand to freeze it and at least hurt him while Ikki's hand was deep in his heart.

Amazing episode!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 22, 2018 4:00 AM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
When Saint Seiya is good, it's one of my favorite anime of all time. This is such a weird anime for me, it has apparent flaws and enough to drag it down, but at the same time the charm it has makes me want to put it in my 3x3. I love the characters, the fights when they're good, the mix of morality and the questions of justice, and the world building so much!!!!

I love it too and have been loving it for at least 20 years! We know the anime is not perfect but it doesn't need to be. The strongest points always makes me want to watch it again and we are not even in the best arc of the series in my opinion (which was released in the 2000s, with better animation). If you guys are watching the series for the first time KEEP GOING and avoid spoilers!

Shiryu is not my favorite character but I do love his fights! This one was awesome! ^_^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 97 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 22, 2012

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 98 Discussion

Albi-kun - Dec 7, 2014

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 30 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 1, 2010

13 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 3, 12:56 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 92 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 19, 2012

6 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 2, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 29 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 30, 2010

5 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 2, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.