Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2010 3:49 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, those battles end surprisingly.

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
May 3, 2011 5:06 AM

Feb 2009
So Hyoga, in spite of winning, didn't really beat him, and once again, the Bronze Saint is given passage. Only Shiryu so far has successfully defeated a Gold Saint, and Ikki who sacrificed himself. In a way this makes things a little more realistic, since these 12 guys are supposedly the most powerful Saints there are.
Aug 27, 2011 3:23 AM

Mar 2009
well...i guess you can call that a draw...
Feb 13, 2012 10:34 AM

Apr 2007
Veethorn said:
In a way this makes things a little more realistic, since these 12 guys are supposedly the most powerful Saints there are.
Exactly. If only the fights were more entertaining, although I did enjoy this one. And Scorpio even realized who the real Athena is in the end. Nice, I'm liking that guy more and more~
Nov 7, 2013 5:12 AM

Jun 2008
Veethorn said:
So Hyoga, in spite of winning, didn't really beat him, and once again, the Bronze Saint is given passage. Only Shiryu so far has successfully defeated a Gold Saint, and Ikki who sacrificed himself. In a way this makes things a little more realistic, since these 12 guys are supposedly the most powerful Saints there are.

Yes, i prefer it that way cause it would be stupid if they won against them in the same way they started overcoming the silver saints which btw i still see it as stupid.
Nov 28, 2013 2:17 PM

Nov 2012
I wish they waited a bit longer until they animated Saint Seiya so we wouldn't have to go through this filler.
A bit enjoyable though.

Monad said:
Yes, i prefer it that way cause it would be stupid if they won against them in the same way they started overcoming the silver saints which btw i still see it as stupid.
Well I think one of the saints mentioned before that their cosmos were Silver Saint level or higher which is why they were able to beat the Silver Saints.
RX-782Nov 28, 2013 2:42 PM
May 16, 2015 5:35 PM

Jan 2011
Can we just discuss the fact that Shun was running up the steps with Seiya and Shiryu EVEN THOUGH HE'S SUPPOSEDLY DEAD?!
Jan 13, 2018 5:12 PM

Jun 2016
Hyoga vs Miro has possibly become my second favorite fight in terms of the actual fight, if not my favorite, but definitely my favorite fight in terms of development on both Hyoga and Miro's part. On top of this already, it's made me question whether Hyoga is my favorite character... he's at least moved up to my second favorite from this. What a phenomenal episode.

Despite the genius plan against Miro failing and doing nearly nothing, Hyoga refuses to give up. After being punched down again and told to give up, Hyoga gives another beautiful speech. "What use would it be to come back in a thousand years, my life is worth it because I'm here now"! What an incredible way to look at it. He's here now, and if he dies he has trust his fellow saints will make his dreams come true, he's blessed to have been born here and now with them at his side. He can't let that go to waste.
Finally, after seeing him choose death over an easy escape, Miro tells Camus that he's going to go all in due to his new found respect for Hyoga as a saint and as a man and attacks for a Hokuto No ken style final blow. But Hyoga hilariously hits him in all 15 vital spots in the second he attacked him, freezing every vital spot in his body. But no matter, his gold armor has just barely saved him... but he recognizes that upon realizing his resolve, Hyoga has surpassed even Miro's cosmos by igniting his seventh sense. In his words, "I survived, but lost the fight".
But my favorite part was when he saw Hyoga, mangled, deaf and dumb, completely senseless and numb dragging his near lifeless body to fight for justice in his last moments. Of course someone with that resolve and sense of justice is fighting for Athena, and it makes sense that this moment would speak to Miro so much. If he's fighting that hard for justice it has to be real, Saori must be Athena. So, instead of a cheesy victory over Miro, we get Miro respecting Hyoga, and understanding what's really going on and surrendering by saving him in his last moments. But, that's not all. Miro sends him off on an even harder task, to challenge his master once more.

SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 20, 2019 11:13 AM
Oct 2016
barelyalive said:
Can we just discuss the fact that Shun was running up the steps with Seiya and Shiryu EVEN THOUGH HE'S SUPPOSEDLY DEAD?!

THANK YOU, I thought I was the only person who noticed that xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man, this episode was really great. This is easily one of my favorite fights until now. I really liked Hyoga's attitude and Miro's respect for him after the fight only shows how much he evolved.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 111 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 100 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 16, 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.