Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2010 9:51 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Apr 28, 2011 7:12 AM

Feb 2009
How will they ever defeat someone like THAT?! It's already a fact he is one of the strongest Gold Saints and the one closest to God, even Seiya couldn't get past Lion without him turning good, so this looks pretty weird right now, only a miracle can happen.
Aug 2, 2011 11:41 PM

Dec 2009
Cool episode, I like Ikki a lot
Nov 6, 2013 4:54 PM

Jun 2008
Veethorn said:
How will they ever defeat someone like THAT?! It's already a fact he is one of the strongest Gold Saints and the one closest to God, even Seiya couldn't get past Lion without him turning good, so this looks pretty weird right now, only a miracle can happen.

Ikki is going to take care of him. He is stronger than the others and when he wakes his seven sense he would be a huge beast.

Btw if this guy is a merciless cruel person as he claimed i don't get why his cloth doesn't abandon him.
Nov 27, 2017 10:13 AM

Dec 2016
Shaka is fantastic. Still one of my favorite characters in anime after all these years (I saw this anime in the 90s).
SparkyonDec 26, 2017 4:51 PM
Jan 1, 2018 9:03 PM

Jun 2016
Shaka is insane. Meditates calmly with no care in the world for the bronze saints surrounding him. "The only trait I lack of a God's is compassion for the weak". "The only way to not get burned alive in a pool of my blood as I fly above you is to kneel into it and worship me". And then he proceeds to one up Death Mask and send Ikki to super hell. Jeez man, Shaka is absolutely insane. He made easy work of all of our living saints...
He somehow dropped cooler lines than Misty's "Kill yourself or die in 10 seconds".

Monad said:

Btw if this guy is a merciless cruel person as he claimed i don't get why his cloth doesn't abandon him.

Death Mask was a child killing monster who wore the faces of innocents as a sign of his strength and willingly went against Athena. Sure, Shaka may kill people but he's done it to take them out of their suffering in his eyes. He doesn't feel like a bad guy, just one a bit full of his own self righteous beliefs. In fact Ikki said he may even be Buddha reincarnated. My point being, he may be merciless but I don't think he's necessarily cruel or evil and may even come to his senses if he learns he's not working with Athena at his side but instead against her.
Mar 25, 2018 7:43 AM

Dec 2015
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Ikki said he may even be Buddha reincarnated.

I don't remember if this is ever firmly confirmed before ND but Shaka is an incarnation of a Buddha (I can't remember wich one). And historically, his predecessors were, too.

I still think the manga does a better job at introducing him (by having him deal with the Black Saints problem back in the first story) instead of using this weird excuse of a sect to justify Ikki's fear.
May 25, 2020 1:52 AM
May 2020
Hey guys, do you know the name of the music that plays when they first enter Shaka temple?
Dec 10, 2022 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Shaka is insane. Meditates calmly with no care in the world for the bronze saints surrounding him. "The only trait I lack of a God's is compassion for the weak". "The only way to not get burned alive in a pool of my blood as I fly above you is to kneel into it and worship me". And then he proceeds to one up Death Mask and send Ikki to super hell. Jeez man, Shaka is absolutely insane. He made easy work of all of our living saints...
He somehow dropped cooler lines than Misty's "Kill yourself or die in 10 seconds".

Monad said:

Death Mask was a child killing monster who wore the faces of innocents as a sign of his strength and willingly went against Athena. Sure, Shaka may kill people but he's done it to take them out of their suffering in his eyes. He doesn't feel like a bad guy, just one a bit full of his own self righteous beliefs. In fact Ikki said he may even be Buddha reincarnated. My point being, he may be merciless but I don't think he's necessarily cruel or evil and may even come to his senses if he learns he's not working with Athena at his side but instead against her.

There's also the fact that most of the Gold Saints don't question the presence of Athena at Sanctuary nor the authority of the Pope. To go against a man of such high reverence and who has close contact with Athena is considered blasphemous. And with having a Pope as heartless and cruel as Arles is, it was likely that some bad apples were going to be permitted as Saints without much regard for them having honorable traits.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 111 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 100 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 16, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 97 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 22, 2012

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 98 Discussion

Albi-kun - Dec 7, 2014

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.