Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 72 Discussion

Nov 28, 2016 1:13 PM

Mikiyo said:
Certainly Bucock's death made me shiver, and yet more after that extremely beautiful song where the whole empire fleet was passing through the whole sea of destroyed battleships.

Anyway I didn't quite get that speech that Reinhard gave to Reuental in the flagship.
I will face another enemy admiral in this format once again...

I wonder if this has a meaning, given out the fact that he noticed Reuental's odd reaction to Reinhard holding the pendant.

fedaykin said:
Mikiyo said:

Anyway I didn't quite get that speech that Reinhard gave to Reuental in the flagship.

I wonder if this has a meaning, given out the fact that he noticed Reuental's odd reaction to Reinhard holding the pendant.

Indeed, that was curious. Surely Reinhard wouldn't suggest that they may end up fighting to Reuenthal's face, especially given that Reuenthal simply politely acquiesced? If not Reuenthal, then who did he mean though? Perhaps Reinhard is suggesting that this is the manner in which he would defeat Yang?

I do like these cryptic remarks and the wild speculation they permit us. :)

MostCuriousThing said:
Incidentally, even after the battle of Marr-Adetta, we're still not two-thirds of the way through the series.
Reinhard said:
Fleet Admiral Reuenthal. It seems that in some near future, I will face another enemy admiral in this format once again.

I'm not going to read too deeply into that line, but...

I'm currently rewatching the whole series.
Given the future episodes, I'm pretty sure that Reinhard's words relate to
It's both exciting and sad for me. Firstly, that he is considered a worthy opponent to the Kaiser, equal to Bucock or surpassing him. Secondly, the event I mention above is heart-breaking for me.

Bucock fought and died with dignity. RIP.
However, I don't agree with all his words. Just like Yang he idealizes the idea of democracy which is not so brilliant.

And "if only Kircheis was alive"... I find it very annoying. Especially when this phrase is repeated four times in one episode.
Modified by Maureval, Nov 28, 2016 1:30 PM

Jun 18, 2017 11:46 PM

RIP Admiral Bucock :'(

Aug 6, 2017 1:59 PM

Rest in peace Bucock :(

Nov 12, 2017 12:14 PM

Bucock chooses died before that surrender!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Feb 16, 2018 9:32 AM

Fleet Admiral Bucock Rest in Peace.

Bucock death and Kircheis flashbacks that was so freaking sorrowful.

Apr 23, 2018 10:33 AM

Aure0lin said:
I feel what would have made this episode much better would be if we got to see the pov of an alliance ship's crew, especially of those who don't want to die or want to surrender even while the alliance admirals have accepted their inevitable deaths. LoGH already includes a lot of scenes with differing pov's within the same faction so it would have been nice to see some here too.

yeah.. I'll drink to that
I kept thinking about it for the rest of the episode, so Bucock did not surrender and died honorably, but what about those who did not want to die?
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

May 13, 2018 9:15 PM
RIP Trung and Buccock. Two great characters that will be sorely missed.

Reuenthal knows that the takeover of Iserhorn was his fault and is probably glad that he left Lutz to take the blame. I think Reinhard's words at the end to Oskar were about Yang.

The ray of hope tease with the oncoming fleet turning out to be the Black Lancers was very mean!

No Empire admiral died. I'm surprised.

So let's see how that changed the power game:

1) Empire. Won a great battle but as always it's tainted by a Yang victory.
2) Yang's fleet- Moving up thanks to the crushing defeat of the Alliance.
3) El Facil- Still keeping them seperate from Yang as I don't trust them one bit.
4) The Alliance. Their capital is still there but they are screwed now they've lost their two best military minds.
5) Rubinsky
6) Earth Cult
7) Goldenbaulm's

MVP of the Episode: Buccock again.

Oct 26, 2018 4:51 PM
Bucock. Your death won't be in vain.

Damn, Hilda sure looked pissed off at Reinhard's orders at the ending.

Nov 8, 2018 2:14 AM

Reinhard looks happiest in this episode when he's talking to Kircheis junior.

Mar 30, 2:40 PM

The silence in the Imperial fleet when it was passing by the debris of the FPA ships made quite a powerful scene, all the respect to the opponents is incredibly beautiful

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]