Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2008 6:15 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
hm.
now im confused about bishie #1.
does she actually like amane / why is bishie #2 mad at her?
blehk.

also, yaya-chan =\
that sucks for her
and hikari totally cheated by using amane's speech to sway yayachan to start singing again.
blehk.

either way, nagisa + tamao = etoile?
poor shizuma =T
Jan 21, 2010 12:44 PM

Apr 2009
that tennis match was almost as absurd as the one in Death Note.
Mar 29, 2010 6:22 PM

Jul 2008
ive never seen two people make that big of a deal about singing and i was in chorus for 4 yrs XD
Jun 9, 2010 5:15 AM
Jan 2008
Kaname confuses me and I hope that gets cleared up before the series ends. Although it seems like she likes Amane and it pissed Momo off? I could be wrong. Poor Yaya but I don't like her paired with Hikari anyways. Nagisa had better get with Shizuma is all I have to say.
Jul 2, 2011 2:46 PM

Nov 2010
i didnt find this that confusing. basically although kaname does hate amane, she also admires her and sees as the better person - she's everything amane wants to be. when hikari yelled at her she realises this and so gave up on fighting against her and instead decidded to show her that what was really best is if amane was the next etoile. and her girlfriend was obviously upset about that cos she wants to be etoile and she feels kaname betrayed her
thats what i thought anyways
Dec 27, 2013 7:00 PM

Sep 2013
This episode gave me a better impression of Kaname than I had previously had. She played the role of a mustache-twirling villain up to this point, but she actually seems more complex. Maybe, deep down, she doesn't hate Amane so much. Momomi, at the end, certainly senses this. Is Kaname actually a tsundere rather than a mustache-twirling villain? It will be interesting to see how she develops in the remaining episodes.

This series has been somewhat uneven, although it has excellent characters and a good story line. In these final episodes, it is reaching its full potential.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Jun 1, 2014 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
orangerevenge said:
that tennis match was almost as absurd as the one in Death Note.

Haha XD
Jul 24, 2014 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
Kaname redeemed herself a bit this episode. She became much more interesting when her true feelings towards Amane surfaced. I wouldn't say it's as simple as love-hate, but part of her was watching Amane from afar with both admiration and affection while another part of her was envious/loathing. That's why Momomi slapped her when she put it together.

Amane and Hikari do look great together but I still feel for Yaya's unrequited love. Her singing at the end had a bittersweet meaning behind it. I wouldn't mind Tsubomi x Yaya though.
Apr 11, 2015 1:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kaname isn't too bad of a person. She gave Hikari a heat pat after the match. While Hikari x Amane looks cute, Yaya x Hikari is still my favorite pair up I wish to see.

Momomi looks furious at the end. I don't blame her, Kaname's true feelings weren't towards her instead towards Amane. Watching her from afar, being envious yet having affection.

Sep 20, 2015 8:41 AM

Nov 2014
Kaname kinda stopped being a cunt to me. she even patted hikari on her head. wow.

Amane and hikari are still my epic cute couple.

Shizuma should not have been surprised that miyuki had chosen Nagisa and Tamao to represent Miator.

Was sincerely not expecting Momo to slap Kaname. it's like the slap that echoed and every bird, insect heard it. and all became quiet for several moments of silence.
Sep 20, 2015 8:53 AM

Aug 2014
Well that was convoluted.

Even though it fit in nicely, I feel like Kaname's appreciation for a fair fight kinda came out of nowhere - like the writer had always intended it to be there and just either didn't build it up well enough, or had forgotten about it until it became important.

I half-expected Amane to tell Kaname to run herself because she'd be better at the job. XD

I really hope we didn't just see a breakup; even though they've been assholes this entire time, I've still always thought they were a great couple.

Nagisa as Ètoile candidate is a no-brainer. Tamao's a little surprising, but I can't think of anyone better out of the named cast.

Is Le Rim even in the running? We barely know anyone over there. XD

Why do I feel like there's only two episodes' worth of material left to stretch over four eps? :/ Maybe three if you reeeeeally drag things out.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Oct 8, 2015 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
Lol, I had forgotten about the tennis match in Death Note. Yes it was just as unnecessary and random and out of place though lol.

So Kaname hates and loves Amane, because she's better than her. Okay. Weirdly did not see her loving Amane coming but I kinda get it I guess.

I hope Momomi gets back together with Kaname.

Amane and Hikari vs Tamao and Nagisa, whoa.
Feb 27, 2019 2:23 PM
May 2018
Damn poor Yaya, what this anime has done to her really breaks my heart.
Oct 28, 2019 7:24 AM

Aug 2018
Hm, it's unusual to see Kaname concerned about something.. I wonder, if she'd become more sensitive to others, though, not necessarily, maybe it'll just be a challenge for her..
Well, I guess it had to come sooner or later.. Yaya becoming sad over situation with Hikari.. Because.. Because it wasn't really resolved properly.. Yeah, Hikari and Yaya became friends again, but they didn't really talk out Yaya's feelings at all.. And really it's left for Yaya to deal with them.. Poor Yaya..
Well.. To be honest, Kaname did win in things.. She has girl that loves her - Momomi.. And she became Spica's student council's one of leading heads.. So I wouldn't really say that Kaname didn't win in anything since Amane came..
"You are the choosen one", lol.. ;p Engrish, I mean.. ;p Not that bad, of course, though, just a bit funny.. ;p
Well, though I made critical comments about Kaname, it's actually admirable how she shoves into Amane's face that "look, everyone supports you" and "everyone needs you".. ;p I think that Amane and Hikari will be happy together, even if they don't become Etoile's, and large chances that they actually will.. ;p
If the previous episode was resolution of Shizuma's character, this one felt like resolution of Yaya's.. She also overcame sadness in her heart and became who she is.. Though, it feels a little more bittersweet than in Shizuma's case.. Maybe because Shizuma still remains with her close friend Miyuki, who is happy with her role, and Yaya.. What with Yaya remains?.. Yes, her voice, which is great.. But what about close person?.. It doesn't feel that relationship with Hikari will be satisfying enough, for some reason, as feelings can still be here.. So yeah.. It's a little bit more sad outcome with poor Yaya.. Girl really could deserve more relationship in her life, if that is what she'd want, though, of course..
Nov 26, 2019 7:02 AM

Oct 2015
Finally Amane has agreed to run for Etoile, thanks to Kaname. Damn, Kaname suddenly had an epiphany thanks to Hikari's words from that tree.

I see Suzumi will be running for Etoile, this should be interesting.

Hikari and Yaya have sorted things, really happy for them.

This is getting good for me, only for me though.
lihle808Nov 26, 2019 7:06 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 27, 2020 6:09 PM

Nov 2017
So this Kaname atdmits she wants to win against Amane so bad she even tried to win over Hikari. But that’d still be a loss because even if she succeeded in her goals at that point, she’s evil and does bad things. So she would still lose

plz @ me
Jan 13, 2022 4:14 AM

Feb 2020
"You are the chosen one", hehe. That Engrish was hilarious.

Kaname became much more likable person in this episode. The duel between her and Amane helped to clear some things up.

That bittersweet moment between Yaya and Hikari, though... :(

And it seems the relationship between Momomi and Kaname is also over.

So many broken hearts... </3
Feb 27, 2023 11:25 AM
Feb 2021
Kinda a bit melodramatic, but that's to be expected. At least its understandable melodrama. Its cool how they gave some context to Kaname's character, makes her a lot less one dimensional

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 2 Discussion

lsumi - Jul 24, 2008

29 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 12 Discussion

sifma - May 26, 2008

23 by voidintheceiling »»
Apr 10, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sifma - Jun 2, 2008

110 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:20 AM

» Strawberry Panic PS2 Poster???

Zelgadiss007 - Aug 28, 2013

5 by ShokuganYuriko »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 25 Discussion

sifma - Jun 1, 2008

13 by Baskarite »»
Mar 6, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.