Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2010 10:59 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
She could have kept their cosmos longer and get ride of enemies on their own -,-

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Apr 24, 2011 2:49 PM

Feb 2009
Just how many silver saints does Sanctuary have anyway? These guy's attacks are pretty cool though.
Aug 12, 2011 6:15 PM

Apr 2007
Seiya and Shiryu are such death buddies.

Slow episode, but the Seiya x Saori moment in the beginning was so cute! Saori has been admiring Seiya for a while, it's nice that he finally looked back.

Also, Saori just realized her power so I doubt she has good control over it~
Jun 27, 2013 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
So Shaina loves Seiya after all :)
Oct 30, 2013 11:03 PM

Dec 2008
Overly attached Shaina.
Nov 4, 2013 12:49 PM

Jun 2008
Saori shows her godly power, hopefully she will show us more and not just stay a damsel in distress.
And what the hell was those moments? Do we now have a SaorixSeiya romance?

Veethorn said:
Just how many silver saints does Sanctuary have anyway?

This was the dumbest of the all though. Also it makes you wonder why they sent them one one and two two instead of sending 20 of them or something and getting over with it.
The Sanctuary seems extremely stupid.
Jun 9, 2014 8:24 AM
May 2013
I hope Shaine is okay because I've really started to like her .
ShainaXSeiya> SaorixSeiya
Nov 5, 2017 9:27 PM

Jun 2016
I had two major thoughts this rather slow episode. Firstly, I had forgotten the Sanctuary is unaware of Saori being Athena, the only one that had known was Babel who died in her arms, so it's interesting seeing Shaina put it together. And two, the characters are very simple so I doubt it will happen, but the clear way to make the cast more distinct and give them more depth would be to differentiate them in other ways than their manliness being slightly different, and to make them ask themselves "WHY am I a saint, WHY should I protect Athena, WHY am I acting like this" forcing them to come to a resolve. Not in anyway implying an anime needs deep characters to be good, as I'm loving Saint Seiya infinitely even without.

Oh ya, and Saori, Seiya potential romance now, poor Miho.
Monad said:

Veethorn said:
Just how many silver saints does Sanctuary have anyway?

This was the dumbest of the all though. Also it makes you wonder why they sent them one one and two two instead of sending 20 of them or something and getting over with it.

If I recall correctly they have 88 saints under them, so I would guess maybe even 40 of them are silver, as the gold armor seems to be for a singular saint and no one has it yet.
And about Sanctuary being stupid, they are so stupid. I tried to reason that maybe they didn't have the resources to send 20 dudes out, but they totally do. Not only that, but when Seiya, Shiryu and Shun went to their front door they only sent 3 guys to keep it even. Sanctuary is some of the most plot convenient villains I've seen before.
Nov 23, 2017 4:40 PM

Dec 2016
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:

Monad said:

If I recall correctly they have 88 saints under them, so I would guess maybe even 40 of them are silver, as the gold armor seems to be for a singular saint and no one has it yet.
And about Sanctuary being stupid, they are so stupid. I tried to reason that maybe they didn't have the resources to send 20 dudes out, but they totally do. Not only that, but when Seiya, Shiryu and Shun went to their front door they only sent 3 guys to keep it even. Sanctuary is some of the most plot convenient villains I've seen before.

To be fair why would they send a whole army to take down a bunch of bronze saints? A pair of silver saints should be totally capable of killing the regular bronze saints. Of course we know now they aren't normal bronze saints but the sanctuary couldn't know that beforehand.
Dec 15, 2020 8:05 AM

Nov 2015
That illusion there of the sea of stars showing up at the bottom of the pit in which seiya is falling make it seems like he's ascending instead of going down and then disappears right away leaving darkness :D Such great visuals and so poetic!

Also, great development for saori. 5/5
Berry-VodkaFeb 21, 10:07 AM

đź’˘

Jun 10, 2021 7:13 AM

Apr 2013
Well that romantic option came out of nowhere, excluding some pure physical attraction in one of the earlier episodes, but i guess we're rolling with it now.

Also, this guy had to be one of the weakest Silver Saints. Did he have anything going for him other than his gimmick?
Jan 17, 2022 11:37 PM

Jun 2020
This was a pure LOL episode. xD
Nov 5, 2022 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
We definitely got some heavy Seiya x Saori moments this episode. To be honest, I don't really know what pairing I like better between them and Seiya x Shaina. Granted that Seiya and Saori's communication with each other has been improving, it wasn't too long ago that they disliked each other. And with Shaina, even though I know she has her pride as a female warrior in admitting her feelings towards Seiya, I think it's pretty stupid that she thinks killing Seiya will relieve her of her conflicting emotions.
Apr 3, 12:56 AM

Nov 2012
was I supposed to take that crows guy seriously as a villain?

There's nothing wrong with filler inherently but this arc is so hilariously & obviously non-canon material it feels like the intent to make it fit within the series was pretty lacklustre.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 111 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 100 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 16, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 97 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 22, 2012

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 98 Discussion

Albi-kun - Dec 7, 2014

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 10, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.