Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Saint Seiya Episode 28 Discussion

Nov 29, 2010 9:43 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note

Apr 24, 2011 2:48 PM

One of the best episodes. Shiryu's character is the most interesting of all the Saints. Anyway why does he always have to have the hardest and most bloody battles? It's like he is the most sacrificed one of the group.

The Steel Saints background music is pretty cool!

May 4, 2013 4:24 PM
OMG, Shinryu... that's an extreme sacrifical act!
So impressive! :'O

Aug 5, 2013 12:42 PM

Veethorn said:
Anyway why does he always have to have the hardest and most bloody battles? It's like he is the most sacrificed one of the group.
I thought the exact same thing.~

Mar 28, 2015 2:59 PM

Shiryuu!!!!!!!!!!!Your sacrifice will not go in vain! My favorite character so far has been you! (Seiya's in second)

Aug 23, 2016 6:10 PM

I hated that Algol so much, what a pussy. I would've gone an beat his corpse to a crisp even if he was dead. Gotto make sure he stays dead.

Nov 4, 2017 12:00 PM

This episode was perfection and one of my favorite fights ever. Argol was a saint, and he was smart, the writing wasn't offensive to anyone at all, and the outcome made complete sense.

First Argol pressures Shiryu until he's forced to go on the offensive, he attempts to do what mythology said Perseus did to Medusa, but of course Argol being a saint knows this. So, he uses his knowledge to get over this. Next, after taking a beating Shiryu tries to blindfold himself, and goes in, but Medusa don't care about that and pierces his retina anyways. Luckily since he had two levels of barriers over his eyes the gaze doesn't turn him to stone completely, instead only his arm. Now, as we assume the Steel Saints have arrived to save the day since Argol has completely cornered and outplayed Shiryu, our expectations are subverted. The fight is awesome, but Argol 1v3's these guys and absolutely destroys them. Finally to save them Shiryu does the last thing humanly possible, gouges out his own eyes, which happens to be the most GAR thing imaginable. He tanks hits and learns his movements and goes in, punching through Argol's shield into his heart and shifting it into an uppercut murdering the man, in turn bringing back his friends. Not only this, but now Spartan is back into the picture! Steel saints fight him off and he flee's outraged with Argol's death.

My major point is that this was respectful of both Argol and Shiryu's minds, experience, and power as it continued to be unpredictable and intense the whole way through. This may very well be my favorite anime fight ever, but I would have to do some thinking. Easily top 3, no doubts about that. Finally too, it ends with Shiryu having permanent damage. I can only hope this stays in place and he is forced to learn to fight with no vision! That would be the final touches to make this a masterpiece of a fight, real stakes! What an ending, sure the saints won, but they didn't get any information about Arles, nor did they come off with a major payoff. Instead they have one member blind, and the others injured, with some new allies. FANTASTIC EPISODE!

Apr 3, 8:35 AM
Shiryu is crazy, but what he did also proves his loyalty to his comrades. I hope he gets well soon.