Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2010 8:56 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Apr 23, 2011 2:37 PM

Feb 2009
Nice episode, I guess the Bronze Saints can surpass the Silver Saints. And this was the best fight in the show so far, really liked all the fire moves! And it's really interesting that there are so many types of Saints, now the Steel Saints! They do look a little bit out of place though!

Man what has Shiryu been doing? He doesn't have a fight for I don't how many episodes already.
VeethornApr 23, 2011 2:43 PM
Jan 13, 2017 12:40 PM

Jul 2016
Man what has Shiryu been doing? He doesn't have a fight for I don't how many episodes already.[/quote]

Training.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2017 1:10 AM

Jun 2016
Great episode! Despite the ridiculous design of the snot nosed steel saints I like the dynamic that they bring. Great deductions on Ikki's part that they may be an enemy. I also want to bring up the death of Babel, seeing how they're deserters at Sanctuary and Arles is running a very fascist style of governing, he probably negates to tell them anything about Athena or may not even have any idea she exists. Because of that, seeing Athena must have given him hope, as he dies in her arms crying happily. Very touching, and some good world building for Sanctuary.

Argol not only turned those young boys to statues, but he also crushed one's head out of anger! Geez, I was expecting the kids to maybe be saved, but now at least one of them is definitely dead. Scary stuff. Over the top factor is reminiscent of Hyoga there, like earlier when he froze one of the black knights AND then crushed him to little bits.

I haven't seen Bleach, but this 88 Saints under the pope's control gives me a feeling that's what Bleach is like. I absolutely love the scenes like when they were all in the underground base planning what their next move should be, and going on the offensive should switch up the formula like it already is! I laughed really hard when Ikki and Hyoga were like "SEIYA!!! WHAT ABOUT ME!", when he said he only wanted Shiryu. The saints were acting like children in a playground hahaha. Not only that, but I've been missing Shiryu, he is one of the best characters in Saint Seiya and has easily the best bromance in all of anime(that I've seen) with Seiya. I absolutely love them together, and since he's been on the back burner I've been craving him to have more lead roles, and we got it! The bromance is back, baby!

Also, Phoeton is the general under Arles, his job is to kill Seiya.. and he only sends two people to Seiya. This would make sense if they were in Japan, because they could easily flee and all would be for naught, but they're in Greece! Why not send a ton of powerful Saints, it would be a done deal for these three, they'd be dead like that! Very contrived way of keeping the good guys as under dogs, but giving them a chance at victory. Still apart from that last detail this episode was great!
Nov 14, 2017 1:01 AM

Oct 2012
Man, that fight was great. I love seeing Hyoga in action, definitely my favorite among the Bronze Saints.

>tfw no recon

Also, nice new eyecatch for the middle of the episode. Much more serious tone, having it be a team shot. Very cool.
Apr 1, 12:22 AM

Nov 2012
loool the steel saints disappear just as they arrive, fleeing their own disappointing reveal

I saw some people calling them "filler saints" in the last thread and honestly that fits so well, and like I was saying before this whole recent part has felt very filler-y. Gonna be a bit of a slog I guess getting through these eps, hopefully it picks up a bit after tho!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your favorite Gold Saint?

removed-user - Aug 12, 2022

18 by Ex-Aid »»
Today, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 104 Discussion

Albi-kun - Mar 19, 2015

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 105 Discussion

Monad - Dec 9, 2013

7 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 112 Discussion

Monad - Jan 13, 2014

4 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 111 Discussion

jr_paperbag - May 27, 2012

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 18, 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.