Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 1, 2008 11:19 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even though he lived to fight another day, Reinhard really beats himself up mentally over his 'loss'. Yang once mentioned taking psychology of his enemies into effect and correctly used it to his favor. If Reinhard doesn't get over this he'll be even more susceptible on the battlefield.

Sadly the new government order looks like more of the same. The El Facil government advising against letting Yang lead the mission to recapture Iserlohn is just self-interest for the politicians. It's like they can't function unless they can keep Yang on a close leash. If something should go wrong then they'll be quick to let him go only to become wary of his actions once again.

Julian was sadly disappointing. He didn't even look once at the data he took from Earth. The narrator hinted that whatever was on it is big yet now it doesn't look like they'll revisit this plot thread until much later. He's got a long way to go.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 21, 2009 8:21 PM

Oct 2007
Poplan made ep 69 great

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2009 10:19 PM

Jan 2009
Eh, really, why the hell is even Yang rebeling against the Empire? Is that important to him his ideals of a democratic government? He holds on high that much this ideology? Or is just simply his lust for battle as Reinhard? I just simply can't understand that at this point. I mean, wasn't he supposed to want peace? Reinhard's reign is giving out what he wants, yet he just wants to defeat him due to the autocratic way he rules (Don't missunderstand me, hes not a despot nor a tyrant), the people love his charisma as a ruler, they even accept him.

I can't stand this at some point, maybe I was holding too high Yang, but has he even foresighted what would happen if he defeats the sieg? I highly doubt he would create a military government after. Sighs.

Maybe Schenkopp was right all along and he could just become another Rudolf in the future since he started as a democratic soldier turning out his own government into a dictatorial one.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 24, 2009 3:35 AM

Nov 2008
Mikiyo said:
Eh, really, why the hell is even Yang rebeling against the Empire? Is that important to him his ideals of a democratic government? He holds on high that much this ideology? Or is just simply his lust for battle as Reinhard? I just simply can't understand that at this point. I mean, wasn't he supposed to want peace? Reinhard's reign is giving out what he wants, yet he just wants to defeat him due to the autocratic way he rules (Don't missunderstand me, hes not a despot nor a tyrant), the people love his charisma as a ruler, they even accept him.

I can't stand this at some point, maybe I was holding too high Yang, but has he even foresighted what would happen if he defeats the sieg? I highly doubt he would create a military government after. Sighs.

Maybe Schenkopp was right all along and he could just become another Rudolf in the future since he started as a democratic soldier turning out his own government into a dictatorial one.

Yeah I had the same question. Why he couldn't ally himself to Reinhard or tried some diplomatic action although I felt this would be inevitable. He was kind of forced to go with this stream of events thou.

If I recall well the events, after the surrender of FPA, when he said to Merkatz to go and hide, he kind of predicted the future events, but Yang was expected those events to occur some years after, not only some months. If Yang was left alone, probably he would do nothing in 3 ~ 5 years. Hell, maybe depending of how the Empire handled FPA former territory, he could just keep reading books till his death. However, the remnants of FPA government's plot against his life and Lennenkanpt's insistence of Yang being a great threat (which he was half right) to the new Reich made Yang to get into action.

He is never sure of his own convictions, but at the same time he wishes for democracy to live on in some form. He continued to fight to get the right to negotiate the existence of democracy. He probably would want to do it diplomatically, but he knew Reinhard would not take this path. He didn't want to destroy the Kaiser. Yang just needed a tactical win over him to have some leverage (together with the devolution of the Iselhorn fortress) during a presumable negotiation.

That's just my rationalization of why Yang was still rebelling against the Reich.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Sep 24, 2009 5:49 AM

Jan 2008
Yeah, Yang's just fighting because he loves fighting. WTF people, why is it hard to understand the concept of fighting for an ideal? To keep a sliver of it alive in the universe?

Just because Reinhard is a nice guy, doesnt mean the Autocratic system is nice. Yang measures the two systems and knows they're both flawed, but prefers democracy, not least for the fact that whenever it goes down in flames, at least the people had a choice in the matter. They chose to vote a loon into power. What of the autocratic system? What choice do the people have in anything unless they're born into privilage? Reinhard can reform it all he wants, but as soon as he dies, it'll return to the way it was eventually.

Both systems are fucked up in their own ways, but both protragonists believe in their respsective systems so much they're willing to fight for it. And as viewers you're not supposed to think one system is better than the other. The anime goes to great pains to show both systems equally.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 17, 2009 6:43 PM

Jan 2009
Yang said in one episode awhile back, that while Reinhard may be the best possible ruler, there is no way of knowing what his heirs will do.

Anyways i am very disappointed that after all the effort they put into getting that disk from Earth they haven't even gone over it yet. Hopefully after this long wait it won't disappoint ^_^
Oct 17, 2009 6:58 PM
Jun 2008
Beatnik said:

Both systems are fucked up in their own ways, but both protragonists believe in their respsective systems so much they're willing to fight for it. And as viewers you're not supposed to think one system is better than the other. The anime goes to great pains to show both systems equally.

I still want to be part of the Galactic Empire though :(
Oct 18, 2009 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
tehnominator said:
Beatnik said:

I just cant understand that mentality. Even though I mentioned the show paints both systems equally, the viewers are from a system that is closer to the Alliance and so should relate to it more. If you were a part of the Empire you'd notice you're a slave, whereas in a democracy you can distract yourself all you want from that fact. (yeah, you're most likely a slave of some kind in both systems, unless of course you're born into a wealthy family)
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Oct 18, 2009 7:04 AM
Jun 2008
Beatnik said:
tehnominator said:
Beatnik said:

I just cant understand that mentality. Even though I mentioned the show paints both systems equally, the viewers are from a system that is closer to the Alliance and so should relate to it more. If you were a part of the Empire you'd notice you're a slave, whereas in a democracy you can distract yourself all you want from that fact. (yeah, you're most likely a slave of some kind in both systems, unless of course you're born into a wealthy family)

You democrats do not understand the mentality of the colonised. I for one opt for an empirical system even if I was reduced to the rank of a "slave" (and also, being part of the Commonwealth, I was born from nothing but the rejects and slaves and dogs of the empire). There is a bond we have with our rulers in an empire than in a democracy.

In a democracy, our leaders are our peers. I don't want my peer to lead me. I want a father or mother figure to govern me. Benefits, rights? Empiricism being It's all the same to me. Democratic systems are just as unjust.

People who have lived and grown up under democracies will not understand the affections even the suppressed feel for their monarchies. Call it blindness or Stockholm Syndrome for the government, but monarchies work for many people. It's wrong to force democracy on those who'd rather be ruled by a single figure.
Oct 18, 2009 7:50 AM
Sep 2007
In democracy every fool can say what s/he wants.
Oct 18, 2009 8:19 AM

Jan 2008
To be honest, democracy almost doesnt even come into the equation, in the anime and in real life, we're talking about an oligarchy which is ironically similar to the autocratic (with Reinhard in power anyway) system of the Empire, so I'm repeating myself but we're talking about two sides of the same coin here.

The difference being that for the vast majority of people in one system you have a semblance, or illusion, of choice whereas in the other you have no choice at all and you know it. Only a fatalist would opt to live in a system with no choice, where the criteria for living can be made on a whim by those in power with absolutely no opposition allowed. I mean really, who would want to live in a system that doesnt allow non-whites or disabled people? Sure both systems are unjust, but the Empire is so rigid in its design, it allows for no leeway.

I'm sure life as an officer working for Reinhard would be spiffy, but life as a labourer with no rights or prospects would be pretty dull. Sure the Alliance has the same type of labourer but they have a chance to get out of their situation, maybe a slim chance but a chance nontheless. And at least in the Alliance you can distract yourself from your humdrum existence by watching anime or something. There's probably no anime in the Empire.

tehnominator said:
You democrats do not understand the mentality of the colonised.

Um, ok? I dont really 'have' a country, so I dont understand patriotism, nationalism or any kind of feeling of attachment to an arbitary piece of land ruled by the elite. Whatever names we use for various systems, as far as I can tell it's always the same setup wherever you look: a minority born into wealth ruling over the poorer masses.

I dont believe in forcing systems on people, but I also dont believe in allowing oppression to go unchecked. Oppression is worse than murder. The act of murder can be justified; self defense or to save others, etc, but the act of oppression can in no way be justified, ever.

Shit, even Reinhard didnt want to live in the Empire and he's the epitome of the Empire itself! He even says in the Billion Lights OVA that if his sister were taken from him if he was younger, he would have ran to the Alliance.
Oct 18, 2009 10:40 AM
Jun 2008
Beatnik said:
the act of oppression can in no way be justified, ever.

But that's what
in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, right?

I think the reason behind the action is more important than the action itself.
Oct 18, 2009 11:27 AM

Jan 2008
tehnominator said:
But that's what
in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, right?

Right, but:

tehnominator said:
I think the reason behind the action is more important than the action itself.

AKA the phrase 'the ends justify the means'? That's a tough one that's endlessly debated, to good effect in works of entertainment. Sometimes I find myself agreeing with it, and other times not. But in the specific case of oppression or suppression of humans, I dont think I'll ever agree.
Oct 19, 2009 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting discussion.

Beatnik said:

Your last sentence hits it. Your a kind of slave in both kinds of systems, representative democracy or autocracy. Even if your in a wealthy family, you've either got to pay the system to get your way or work to use your influence to control the system.

tehnominator said:
You democrats do not understand the mentality of the colonised. I for one opt for an empirical system even if I was reduced to the rank of a "slave" (and also, being part of the Commonwealth, I was born from nothing but the rejects and slaves and dogs of the empire). There is a bond we have with our rulers in an empire than in a democracy.

In a democracy, our leaders are our peers. I don't want my peer to lead me. I want a father or mother figure to govern me. Benefits, rights? Empiricism being It's all the same to me. Democratic systems are just as unjust.

People who have lived and grown up under democracies will not understand the affections even the suppressed feel for their monarchies. Call it blindness or Stockholm Syndrome for the government, but monarchies work for many people. It's wrong to force democracy on those who'd rather be ruled by a single figure.

I will say, I don't understand this bond. Why would you have a bond with someone born to the right family or having the right connections to gain power any more than you would someone with the right connections to gain enough prominence to have a chance at being voted in as a leader? I will agree, the systems themselves don't have any relevance to their fairness. Both can be equally unjust.

I can understand affection toward a just ruler, no matter what system. That affection has to be earned through their actions though, IMO. Democracy allows a method to correct injustices without significantly disrupting society though. In an autocracy, the only method is violence. This combined with man's natural tendency to obtain as much power as possible and protect it is what causes autocracies to become more oppressive, faster than a democracy. I will agree that it is wrong to force democracy on people though. The US' recent attempts should be a stark reminder. Democracy's power comes from the people, so the people have to be willing to control that power.

Beatnik said:
To be honest, democracy almost doesnt even come into the equation, in the anime and in real life, we're talking about an oligarchy which is ironically similar to the autocratic (with Reinhard in power anyway) system of the Empire, so I'm repeating myself but we're talking about two sides of the same coin here.

The difference being that for the vast majority of people in one system you have a semblance, or illusion, of choice whereas in the other you have no choice at all and you know it. Only a fatalist would opt to live in a system with no choice, where the criteria for living can be made on a whim by those in power with absolutely no opposition allowed. I mean really, who would want to live in a system that doesnt allow non-whites or disabled people? Sure both systems are unjust, but the Empire is so rigid in its design, it allows for no leeway.

I'm sure life as an officer working for Reinhard would be spiffy, but life as a labourer with no rights or prospects would be pretty dull. Sure the Alliance has the same type of labourer but they have a chance to get out of their situation, maybe a slim chance but a chance nontheless. And at least in the Alliance you can distract yourself from your humdrum existence by watching anime or something. There's probably no anime in the Empire.

Just to play devil's advocate, though I generally agree with you, the laborers under Reinhard's governance were probably no different than under a democracy. We never got a good view of the class structure of the society after his ascension, but I got the feeling that commoners did have opportunities. At least they did in the military. I think the key is how long that would continue. Is his son going to get nervous when outsiders gain some power and start to think they can do things better? I also don't see why there wouldn't be anime or other entertainment in the Empire. If I compare to modern day parallels, there's anime in China and some Middle Eastern monarchies. A lot of the people probably can't afford them but it's available. The main difference I see is that autocracies are more apt to ban certain types of entertainment due to it's content. Another method to control people in order to retain power. As with most things in this discussion, it's not black and white and there's plenty of examples of the same thing in democratic societies.

Somewhat related, I think there's a solid argument that can be made that democratic societies are far more likely to create this entertainment. A controlled society that follows it's leader is likely to be less creative. This reminds me of this article I read about China. I admit it's probably a little too USA-centric, even if the author is a native Italian, because Europe and Japan have created many things and may be moving more that way than the US. That said, I think the last 3 paragraphs of this article explain the issue well.

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/china08.html#chin1208
Oct 19, 2009 3:00 PM

Jan 2008
MelloRed said:
The main difference I see is that autocracies are more apt to ban certain types of entertainment due to it's content.

Somewhat related, I think there's a solid argument that can be made that democratic societies are far more likely to create this entertainment. A controlled society that follows it's leader is likely to be less creative.

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking too. So ok, they'd have anime, but it would be 'safe' anime with hardly any variety.

Also, I dont think the entire system changed the day Reinhard gained power either, so I think regular commoners still had to stay within certain limits, like they couldnt just move sideways into any career they wanted, this kind of change would probably take years, not least for the fact that the aristocracy would keep up staunch opposition. The military probably allowed it pretty swiftly due to there being an active ongoing war and a need for manpower. Plus you dont want to piss off Reinhard when he asks for something.

I think if you havent already, definitely check out the Hundred Billion Lights OVA for more of a look into society in the Empire, at least before Reinhard gained power anyway. It's a pretty miserable place to live in if I do say so myself.
Oct 19, 2009 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
Beatnik said:
MelloRed said:
The main difference I see is that autocracies are more apt to ban certain types of entertainment due to it's content.

Somewhat related, I think there's a solid argument that can be made that democratic societies are far more likely to create this entertainment. A controlled society that follows it's leader is likely to be less creative.

Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking too. So ok, they'd have anime, but it would be 'safe' anime with hardly any variety.

Also, I dont think the entire system changed the day Reinhard gained power either, so I think regular commoners still had to stay within certain limits, like they couldnt just move sideways into any career they wanted, this kind of change would probably take years, not least for the fact that the aristocracy would keep up staunch opposition. The military probably allowed it pretty swiftly due to there being an active ongoing war and a need for manpower. Plus you dont want to piss off Reinhard when he asks for something.

I think if you havent already, definitely check out the Hundred Billion Lights OVA for more of a look into society in the Empire, at least before Reinhard gained power anyway. It's a pretty miserable place to live in if I do say so myself.

I do need to check out that OVA and the prequels. Sounds like a good excuse :)

And good point on how long it would take to change. This was a society that had been ruled by that had been under the Goldenbaum dynasty for 600 years if I remember right. Even after the nobles lost their power, society as a whole would take many years to adjust. Longer than we're shown in the series.
Jan 16, 2010 2:46 AM

Sep 2008
I don't believe in any system; no matter what the structure, there's always a powerful minority controlling the whole stage. The best an individual can do is strive towards making life better and, I guess, more peaceful. And the system that comes the closest to allowing that is the better one

oh and I love it when yang fleet gets a little more screen time, cuz they have such a good sense of humor. I like it when they crack me up now and then hehe.
eyerokJan 16, 2010 11:33 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 17, 2010 9:29 PM

Jan 2009
Again, I have to hand it to this show for writing such awesome dialogue. Poplan really outdid himself when it comes to talking about women. The man knows what he's after and even told Attenborough he would leave the pretty women with good character with him. XD

...and yes, there should be an Olivier Poplan Fan Club.

The other thing that got me this episode was the current relationship between Yang and Julian. Julian is very loyal to Yang and is talented in his own right, yet it is the former that Konev believes is preventing him from becoming independent. Had he taken the time to go over the data in that disc on the Earth Cult, Julian would be able to have one field of expertise over Yang as well as the simple fact that whatever was on it will be in his memory should he have lost it.
Jun 17, 2010 2:39 PM

Feb 2010
Poplan was great this episode ^^
And I'm also very happy that Julian is finally back (although he already left again). And I agree with Boris Konev that Julian needs more independence and also ambition (remember some episodes ago it was pointed out that ambition is the reason why reinhard is so much more successful than yang).
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 12, 2010 8:36 AM

May 2010
What ominous foreshadowing! And great argument in the discussion too, it's good to see that people are thinking about the issues this show seems to be asking us to think about. What disturbs me is how nobody seems to be giving a regard to the future. Yang especially, he never has an answer to the question "what will you do after you win?" I don't think he'll win. He is going to die for his ideals, I just can't see it going any other way.
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 26, 2010 2:06 PM

Jan 2010
awesome episode ^^,since ofcourse,it was FPA based :)

Julian and Yang finally meet again after some time,it was a nice scene...
so he's letting Julian go..wow well the ending part starts to make sense a little

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Dec 27, 2010 3:36 PM

May 2010
What? You guys tell me you actually don't want a handsome ruler with great hair and cape? WHAT!?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 29, 2010 3:53 AM

Sep 2008
I sincerely hope you dont vote when its time for elections
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Dec 30, 2010 4:10 AM

Jan 2010
Confucius said:
What? You guys tell me you actually don't want a handsome ruler with great hair and cape? WHAT!?

here's how my country president looks like:
clannad4everDec 30, 2010 4:15 AM
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 5, 2011 4:07 PM

Apr 2009
I just wanted to say that I had also wondered why the heck Yang goes against an undoubtedly good, even if autocratic ruler that is Reinhard...and, well, I think I can understand that he holds democracy above everything else. The people have the right to choose, even if in the end they choose badly...but then on the other hand, let me put it this way: why would I be mad of not being given choice in a restaurant, as long as they bring me something delicious? Being ruled by Reinhard is not something that would make me unhappy; but just imagine if his successors were nothing like him. In short, I do understand Yang's love for democracy, BUT I'd say okay to autocracy - however, only under people like Reinhard. And unfortunately, those are a pretty damn rare breed among autocrats, if history has anything to say in that matter.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 25, 2011 8:36 PM
Jun 2011
Well even though Yang had put these safeguards in place Lennankampnt kind of forced his hand. I'm not sure he's fighting for ideals as much as he's fighting to survive and for the sake of others. It just seems that everyone fears Yang...not just his enemies, but also his allies which puts him in a very tough spot to do all he can to win for his ideals.
Dec 16, 2011 4:49 PM
Feb 2011
Seabury said:
What ominous foreshadowing! And great argument in the discussion too, it's good to see that people are thinking about the issues this show seems to be asking us to think about.

I would probably side with Democracy, if I had to choose. Its like the show says. Both systems are heavily flawed, it just comes down to who the ruler is. Maybr its because of the society I was raised in, but I can't just sit quietly and accept fate. And if the autocratic ruler was an anime-hater and banned it in the country, then I'd DEFINITELY get pissed off. The nation may have gone out with a bang, but at least the people had a say in how big the explosion would be.

Reinhard's hair was fabulous as usual.
Jan 20, 2012 1:14 AM

Sep 2009
Don't forget we also have the side of the Merchants of Phezzan who arguably represent a negatively merit based society.
They can become great but they have to claw their ways to the top selling each other out in the process.
Feb 11, 2012 9:43 PM

Aug 2010
Some nasty foreshadowing for Yang by the narrator.

Oh god..
May 13, 2012 12:38 PM

Feb 2012
The thread here is just as interesting as the episode; I wish I could go back three years and insert myself into it.

My impression is that we've only seen glimpses of the "average" citizen of the Empire -- we've seen how members of the Imperial Court live (when they're not challenging Reinhard to a duel) and we've seen how members of the military live (when they're not on the battlefield) in detail, but we've seen little of the everyday citizens living on frontier planets light-years away from Odin. From what we did see in season 1, the agrarian breadbasket of the Empire, while not in a state of poverty, is developmentally backwards and clearly not economically stable -- Reinhard's scorched earth campaign was a little too easy to pull off.

This is the way I see it (or at least how I saw it, up until the end of season 2):
If I were lower-class, I'd want to live in the Alliance.
If I were middle-class, I'd want to live on Phezzan.
If I were upper-class, I'd want to live in the Empire.

As for this episode, it was interesting to hear Konev talk to Yang about Julian's lack of ambition. I can understand Yang neglecting to view the data disc in preparation for the Iserlohn mission, but I can't understand Julian resisting the urge to view it when he was only sightseeing on Odin anyway.

And I'm still itching to know what the trap Yang set at Iserlohn is....
Jul 8, 2012 9:36 PM

Jul 2009
I understand why Yang supports democracy enough to defend it; what I don't understand is why Reinhard is so against turning the Empire into a democratic nation. I know that he wants to rule for as long as possible, but you'd think he'd at least consider restructuring the government so that a democratic system can be set up after his death. Even if that's hypocritical, it's not like he has an answer as to who should succeed him after he dies, and allowing the formation of a Lohengramm monarchy similar to the Goldenbaum's would be even MORE hypocritical.

At least Yang is thinking in the long-term; even if the Alliance completely collapses within his lifetime, his actions might at least help democracy to flourish in future generations. At this point, Reinhard doesn't seem to be thinking of the future generations at all.
bellpickleJul 9, 2012 9:40 AM
Aug 4, 2013 12:37 AM

Jun 2013
bellpickle said:
Reinhard don't care about democracy since he sees it as a FAIL system (like the Alliance). At the present, his only concern is ruling the Empire. For the future, I believe the Lohengramm Dynasty will be succeeded by the person with most CAPABILITY to rule. I don't think Reinhard ever cared about line of succession in terms of heir (proof is his lack of interest to marriage), but rather to people who can uphold the Lohengramm "System". Reinhard always believed you must earn the power to rule (proof is Reinhard's attitude to people who want to overthrow him - Let them try, If you win, power is yours, if you lose, death awaits you) so he won't be making the mistake of Goldenbaum.
Aug 4, 2013 12:40 AM

Jun 2013
So who else paused the episode to read Julian's application? :P
Aug 6, 2013 12:45 AM

Jun 2013
LittleIsland said:
bellpickle said:
oh man I was right, feeling so proud. This was proven in episode 84 by Reinhard himself with words close to mine HAHA
Sep 23, 2013 3:15 PM

Nov 2009
Hrmmm . . . I've noticed this series likes to foreshadow events that never really happen, or atleast never how the narrator implies. I wonder now what exactly Yang would have done differently if he knew that the Free Planet Alliance's forced would have taken longer to defeat. (although I myself don't get why it would take pretty much the entire Imperial Fleet so long to finish off an already crippled army that I thought had to dismantle their entire fleet)
Apr 23, 2014 4:18 PM

Mar 2013
I see I'm the only one that was greatly bothered by El Facil's crony government "demanding" that Yang Wenli remain on their planet, preventing his participation in the Iserlohn Recapture. I don't remember when Yang agreed to be their bitch (it didn't happen), and I certainly don't see what they provide him - Yang himself wanted a "headquarters", however I'm referring to the lack of military, economic, or power/authority that they are granting him . If anything they are just one nuisance after the other, first needing to be defend in separation from Iserlohn, thus being a weakness and a dependant. Additionally Yang has to go out of his way to support them financially through Phezzan.. Yet with all this they make demands on this and he agrees??? This is like the FPA all over again, just that now its completely illogical why he would subject himself to them and their rule.
Nov 19, 2014 6:56 PM

Apr 2012
I feel like this show has been moving so slowly in the past several episodes. This build up is fine, but I hope it picks up a bit soon.
Mar 6, 2015 5:20 PM

Aug 2014
The new war is beginning. There are probably going to be some good battles coming up.
Mar 24, 2015 8:33 PM

Nov 2012
So Reinhard is only interested in having a worthy enemy in the end. He wouldn't be happy unless he's has a greater goal yet to achieve such as a victory revenge on Yang Wenli. But that's going to be harder than it looks.

El Facil politicians acting just like good politicians aka use others for their own benefits!

Julian not being a genius today as he forgot to analyse the whole purpose of this voyage to Earth.
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

Jun 2, 2015 3:24 AM
Nov 2014
Looks like the war is finally starting now. Take all my hype lmao, bring it on bby.
Jun 16, 2015 3:42 PM

May 2012
Solid episode, with some steady development so let's see what's next!
Jul 13, 2015 7:03 AM

Dec 2013
Interesting foreshadowing by the narrator. Things are looking bad for the Alliance :(
Aug 25, 2015 2:12 PM

May 2012
giggity lol jk

now that is how you do a touching reunion :p and i see shits about to go down yet again, i like how it points out yangs mistakes before it shows the outcome of them, thats kind of interesting
Apr 14, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
FPA's final sortie... That was touching.
Schenkopp rejecting his daughter's application was kind of cute.
Jun 21, 2016 9:33 AM

Aug 2014
Katerose is probably salty as fuck right now at Julian the fact he gets to go on this operation and not her xD.

Loved the reunion between Yang, Julian and Frederica.
KashKetchumJun 21, 2016 9:50 AM
Aug 9, 2016 11:15 AM
Apr 2016
Es lebe das Reich!
Es lebe der Kaiser Reinhard! :)
Nov 3, 2016 6:23 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like Yang is confused and he doesn't know what he wants to do anymore.
Aug 19, 2017 3:09 PM

Aug 2016
Kryptiq said:
Katerose is probably salty as fuck right now at Julian the fact he gets to go on this operation and not her xD.

Kryptiq said:

Katerose face made me laugh, she looked like those lil kids that are forbidden to do adult stuff and are like "come on, im old enough for this sh*t"
:v
Aug 29, 2017 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
Ah its starting to get interesting again.

Also FINALLY someone calls yang out on his bullshit, even when it was only in a very minor way - would the universe be better of without Reinhard. Clearly not. he has shown not a single reason to rebell against him so far. I guess since he is not interested in creating a dynasty he will somehow change the empire into some sort of democracy, maybe a democratic dictatorship? He already made plans to privatize some government functions. So I guess he would make sure not to create a post where someone could easily create a militaristic dictatorship after he is gone.

For yang who always questions himself if killing is the right thing to do he seems very uninterested in the aftermath of his rebellion, maybe he will atleast think about it.

I cant wait to see the alliance fleet (why is it even still a thing? It was already pretty much defeated) utilize pot armour again. Maybe this time one of Reinhards loyal commanders does not fail in battle.
Lets see how a space fortress with couple millions inhabitants gets conquered because magic again. What would be really great is if they would fail at it. Something new for a change.

Also I wonder if the whole earth cult thing is really over. I could have happily watched LoGH without them. Nothing was added so far by them.

PS: what is Reinhards sister doing? Still lonely in her cabin in the woods?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 30, 2017 3:32 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Julian is one more than the soldiers that will go to conquest Inserholn!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

64 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.