Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2010 10:36 PM

Nov 2010
Ahhh, this episode was refreshing, made me like some of the characters i was starting to hate after the last few eps again :D
Nov 28, 2010 10:38 PM

Nov 2010
Nice overall. It didn't quite snap the series back to where it was before that terrible eighth episode, but it did an adequate job of restoring the original tone.
Except for the fact that for most of the episode we got to watch Kirino deriving a very confusing kind of pleasure from her eroge. Is she a lesbian? Does she just have serious sexual identity issues? Not quite sure what the viewer was supposed to gather from her reactions to the sex scenes. And "ero-cuteness?" Isn't putting it that way admitting that one finds the material in question erotic? I do like the phrase though.
Kuroneko's sister was a big plus. I want more of her later on. Probably won't happen however.
Nov 28, 2010 10:47 PM

Sep 2009
I guess I missed something as I thought this was the worst episode of the series by far, and Kirino continues to be an absolutely horrible character.
Nov 28, 2010 10:52 PM

Nov 2007
This anime needs more Kuroneko. She is the main reason why I am following this show. Kirino however might have understood that it will never work out between her and her brother, since they are siblings after all.

Even though it was a filler episode, it was a great one and i was quite surprised with how Saori is an ojou-sama figure. She is not only rich, the way she was dressed and sitting there alone and sipping her tea, and have a butler and two maids at her call, wow, she is super rich.

But the best part of the episode would be Kuroneko. It seems she is the oldest child in the house and has two younger sisters. They didn't mention anything about her dad, but when the youngest said 'okaasan-tachi', i can assume she meant their mom and the second sister. As it seems, she has a really caring side of her, as she prepared meal for the youngest when her mom was away, she even reads story books to her, and makes bunny plushy for her sister. But the best part will be when they showed her reaching out for the phone, she tried not to wake her sister up by doing her best to stretch her upper body only, and how she caressed her sister's hair and covering her up when she sneezed. so much love. right there. <3 But it must be tough on her, since she did mention it was hard on both her and kyousuke with how they have to look after their siblings.

Kirino is gross. She comes up with the most perverted thoughts involving her brother. I really hope she finds someone else and let kyousuke have some peace in life and preferably having a love life with kuroneko or manami.

Anyways, the episode was great, since they showed how Kirino, Saori and Ruri have become close to one another, having that photo with them on their table.
shanimebibNov 28, 2010 10:55 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2010 11:22 PM

Feb 2010
After watching this vid I question Kirino's sexuality. I really like this eps ED except the song and the pic, just the hearts acting like stars in the galaxy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2010 11:30 PM

Sep 2009
lol ...Saori ......i never knew xD

btw the new ed was good ......Neko Kirino = win
Nov 28, 2010 11:38 PM

Nov 2007
Koi-phan said:

Yeah, she is gross. The way she was hugging that pillow and rolling all over the bed and making those sounds. Why the eff she had to kick him on her "Second Bath?" She already did enough effing while slapping kyousuke once for pointing at her undies she dropped, which I assume you wouldn't do, since it makes effing sense that it would look effing perverted to you.

I pity Kyosuke. Well, it's just an anime. No brother in RL should have a bitch like her next door, just because she happens to be his sister. Kirino is the very definition of an effed up sister.

This anime would have been on my dropped list any day unless it wasn't for the other female characters.
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2010 11:50 PM

Feb 2009
DNF said:
Maugomale said:
It's funny how the tsundere imouto of her game was pretty much a mirror image of Kirino herself.

And how she raged at "herself"

Haha I was thinking the same thing to this. It was a great episode to me. I liked how this ep showed the lives of Saori and Kuroneko, especially the Kuroneko scene, I loved that part.

Nov 28, 2010 11:51 PM

Oct 2010
Koi-phan said:
You got to be eff'ing joking me, how can you find that part to be gross for christ sake?
God, i'm not even going to bother trying to reason with you.....its a obvious waste of time coming from that first line.

Oh and, if it wasn't for Kirino i would've given this show a 1 AND dropped it.

Everyone has their opinions Koi-phan, please just deal with it even if it bothers you.

Only parts I loved of this filler were the Kuroneko parts, she's officially my favorite character along with Saori.
Nov 28, 2010 11:53 PM
Mar 2010
Koi-phan said:
shanimebib said:
Yeah, she is gross. The way she was hugging that pillow and rolling all over the bed and making those sounds. Why the eff she had to kick him on her "Second Bath?" She already did enough effing while slapping kyousuke once for pointing at her undies she dropped, which I assume you wouldn't do, since it makes effing sense that it would look effing perverted to you.

This anime would have been on my dropped list any day unless it wasn't for the other female characters.

You got to be eff'ing joking me, how can you find that part to be gross for christ sake?
God, i'm not even going to bother trying to reason with you.....its a obvious waste of time coming from that first line.

Oh and, if it wasn't for Kirino i would've given this show a 1 AND dropped it.

What a Kirino fan >.>

The filler episode was pretty good, especially Kirino having her eroge funs. If you imagine Kirino to be a guy, what would she be doing in the shower and the bed instead?
SaitoeNov 29, 2010 12:05 AM
Nov 28, 2010 11:56 PM

Apr 2008
OP said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

this includes stuff in spoiler tags. if you wanna discuss the manga, go to the corresponding manga threads.

As for the episode itself, it was back to the original formula that made Oreimo initially intriguing. The problem, though, is that we're already 3/4s of the way into the show. One of the most important aspect of most successful storytelling is character development, which oreimo has totally failed up until now.

With that being said, this episode was probably the most interesting episode thus far, with all of the character contrasts (Kirino vs Kuroneko as siblings), self-reflection (Kirino and the eroge), even with the usual Kirino asshattery.

The Ayase cameo was also nice, I'd gladly watch her prance about for an entire episode.
SaitoeNov 29, 2010 12:16 AM

Nov 29, 2010 12:31 AM

Nov 2007
MisterSaito said:
OP said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

this includes stuff in spoiler tags. if you wanna discuss the manga, go to the corresponding manga threads.

Thanks for this.
shanimebibNov 29, 2010 12:35 AM
Coronavirus.
Nov 29, 2010 12:34 AM

Oct 2010
"She's 100% tsun and 0% dere"

Kirino.....of all people to be saying such a thing.
Nov 29, 2010 12:36 AM

Apr 2010
Besides showing Saori & Kuroneko's personal life, this was a somewhat boring filler. Just watching what they showed with Kuroneko makes me wish they'd do an OVA or something highlighting her life.

Most of it was spent on showing Kirino playing an eroge game. Yeah, I know it was trying to get her to realize how bad she's treating Kyousuke by having the character in the game treat her like crap. But they did have to spend nearly half the show on that?

The one thing that I was disappointed about was that there was no Manami in the episode. I expected her to show up in the episode, since she was shown in the OP. But besides Kyousuke considering to call her, she's not even mentioned in the episode.
tangytangerineNov 29, 2010 12:41 AM
Nov 29, 2010 12:38 AM

Jun 2010
MisterSaito said:

Apologies, I'll keep all Light Novel related spoilers out of the threads from now on.

Lefake said:
"She's 100% tsun and 0% dere"

Kirino.....of all people to be saying such a thing.

Think that's supposed to be some sort of irony. Sad she didn't see herself in the character she was criticising. If she did, she as hell didn't display it when she bitched out on Kyousuke for no reason at all for the 600th time.
Nov 29, 2010 12:41 AM

Nov 2007
tangytangerine said:
Besides showing Saori & Kuroneko's personal life, this was a somewhat boring filler.

Most of it was spent on showing Kirino playing an eroge game. Yeah, I know it was trying to get her to realize how bad she's treating Kyousuke by having the character in the game treat her like crap. But they did have to spend nearly half the show on that?

The one thing that I was disappointed about was that there was no Manami in the episode. I expected her to show up in the episode, since she was shown in the OP. But besides Kyousuke considering to call her, she's not even mentioned in the episode.

Same thoughts here. The should change the title and make it "Ore no Imouto no Tomodachi to Manami ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai" The less they show her, the better the anime seems to be.
Coronavirus.
Nov 29, 2010 12:43 AM
Nov 2010
Another filler ep, but still better than the 8th.
While it was funny to see an eroge character treating Kirino like she treats Kyousuke, it was indeed too long.
She didn't seem to realize the similarities between Rinko and herself, though.

Like MisterSaito said, it starts to lack character dev, probably because the LN is still unfinished.
Nov 29, 2010 12:57 AM

Feb 2010
XD Loved this episode. Just watching Kirino play her game.. lol~
Kuroneko so kind to her sister ^^
and Saori...is rich! :O:O
Nov 29, 2010 1:06 AM

Oct 2010
Shit got funny again, that's all I need to say
Nov 29, 2010 1:09 AM

Oct 2010
Sartaj said:
Think that's supposed to be some sort of irony. Sad she didn't see herself in the character she was criticising. If she did, she as hell didn't display it when she bitched out on Kyousuke for no reason at all for the 600th time.

Sigh...It's kinda annoying how Kirino's attitude towards her brother isn't getting any better,even after this. At this point, there wouldn't be a chance for her to redeem anymore. :(
Nov 29, 2010 2:17 AM

Sep 2010
Cool to know how all characters are in their own life, but no news about kirino's anime? (or I lost a part in the previous eps?)
Nov 29, 2010 2:23 AM

Nov 2009
RMPNG said:
Great, another pointless filler episode.
Where is the plot to begin with?
Nov 29, 2010 2:23 AM

Aug 2010
I still hope Kirino will see the irony of her hating on the spitting image of her in the game. Still, the episode was funny as hell.

I loved that we got to see the "big sister" kuroneko, that was really a heartwarming moment. AND she put the DVDs she got from Kirino to good use.

As for Saori... well, I was pretty confused at first. Who is that rich and seemingly rather cute girl? Why don't they show her face? And why does her voice seem so familiar to me. Until it struck me: OHSHI THAT'S SAORI!

And with the maid costumes, I have high hopes for next episode. I'd DIE to see Kuroneko or Kirino in that attire.

Now, if they added Maid!Manami and Ayase to that, I WILL die. In a huge MOEXPLOSION probably.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 29, 2010 2:45 AM

Aug 2009
haha Kyousuke has to listen to his sister moan.
Nov 29, 2010 2:56 AM
Jun 2008
Fight4Glory said:
RMPNG said:
the plot is that Kirino trying to spend time with kyousuke .
MorningGloryNov 29, 2010 3:20 AM
Nov 29, 2010 3:00 AM

Nov 2010
Strange seeing the Goth not wearing her gothic lolita clothing. I always pictured her as a girl living in a victorian mansion and wearing a long black nightgown. You know the type. The type that is so long drag across the floor
I never knew a girl would get so excited playing Eroge. I didn't know girls played those type of games. Then again it's an anime.
Nov 29, 2010 3:19 AM

Jul 2009
Kirino is a complete bitch but its what makes the drama side of this anime so interesting. I think most people feel somewhat sympathetic towards our good-brother protagonist. Like a little sister from hell. Nice to see Kyousuke becoming good enough friends with Kuroneko to just randomly ring her to chat, he's definitely going to keep everything under control if stuff goes ill in the next few episodes.

Kirino playing eroge was freaking hilarious.
Nov 29, 2010 3:21 AM

Feb 2010
boring ep to mutch time wasted with the ero game...
Nov 29, 2010 3:39 AM
Feb 2009
There are lots of anime characters that I call stupid, boring and annoying, but there is only one character that I really hate from the bottom of my soul. Kirino is a bitch. The only reason I am watching this is Kuroneko, Minami and Saori. I don't know what was author trying to acomplish by making Kirini such a bitch, I don't even know what can he do to make me stop hating her. Kuroneko is constantly climbing on my list of interesting characters, while Kirino is already at the very bottom.

In other news, I liked the music that was playing during game instalation.
Nov 29, 2010 3:45 AM

Apr 2008
I kinda expected that Saori is a rich person

Nov 29, 2010 3:47 AM
Nov 2010
A godsend from the past 3 lackluster episodes, in my honest opinion. No real gripes other than the massive screen time given to Kirino with her new Eroge. However, there were many times when smiling was prompted.

Big surprise seeing non-otaku clothed Saori. Definitely the episode highlight for me, as I was giddy the entire minute or so.

Kuroneko's personal life was welcomed screen time. It was calmly enjoyable.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but this seemed like Kyosukes lowest amount of screen time. Either way... checking in on Kuroneko? Kyosuke, you're a man.
Nov 29, 2010 3:54 AM
Oct 2010
I laughed so hard when she had to take a shower before playing the sex scene.

And when she hated the character who was just like herself.

Kuroneko was so cute with her little sister ~
TheRealZain said:
Either way... checking in on Kuroneko? Kyosuke, you're a man.

They would be so cute together
Nov 29, 2010 4:00 AM

Jun 2010
i guess this episode was made just for the sake of showing viewers how kirino plays eroge. frankly, she kinda freaked me out. poor kyousuke... he had to put up with hearing that. from how kirino acted, not realizing that the character rinko = herself, all i can say she is an egocentric, narrow-minded and....weird girl.

for this ep, i was expecting the "last life counseling" she mentioned last time, but maybe that'll be on the last ep or something? i have no idea about the novel (and no clue whether they're actually following its story), but if that's already been part of the novel, i hope they do include it or something along those lines.

they finally show saori! haha! next week is cosplay and i hope she cosplays without the glasses...:D. and they show kuroneko in normal clothes and doing household chores! haha...these are the only parts i enjoyed. :)

my fave characters in the show are kyousuke, kuroneko and saori. yes, the gang minus kirino. and since they wasted so much airtime on the girl, i'm not really happy with the episode. with a few episodes to go, i wonder what the producers are going for.
Nov 29, 2010 4:05 AM

Sep 2009
orangehouse said:
I kinda expected that Saori is a rich person
same here.

Kirino deserves Falcon or Takagi's punch for being bitchy all the time.
Playing eroge, in broad daylight with your brother in the next room....get some sense already!
Nov 29, 2010 4:08 AM

Oct 2010
Kread-EX said:
Like MisterSaito said, it starts to lack character dev, probably because the LN is still unfinished.
Perhaps but I don't agree with this. They lots of material they can just make original animation from if they put some more effort on top of taking the original material from the LN.
Linalee-Stratos said:
Kirino deserves Falcon or Takagi's punch for being bitchy all the time.
I think she deserves her brother to use karate or something to block her aggressive physical behavior for one and for two I think the yelling he did was a nice first move itself.
Linalee-Stratos said:
Playing eroge, in broad daylight with your brother in the next room....get some sense already!
I think you got that one wrong, it playing eroges without headphones and being too excited on hormones without calming yourself down is getting more sense to her IMO. Also fuck that slap Kirino gave to her brother! As much as I like her, I would give her a spanking over that and the kick she gave to Kyousuke. Also at one point, I swear it looked like Kirino was being in a sexual orgasm of some kind cause her voice sounded like a girl from a hentai when I usually listen to one.
Yumekichi11Nov 29, 2010 4:14 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 29, 2010 4:13 AM

Jan 2010
I expected Saori to be someone beautiful and actually quite normal but not rich, that was a bit of a suprise for me.
Kuroneko being a normal family girl also shocked me, got to like her character alot more this episode.
We need more episodes of their normal lives. I love it.
Nov 29, 2010 4:21 AM

Nov 2009
MorningGlory said:
Fight4Glory said:
RMPNG said:
I can barely consider this as a plot.
Nov 29, 2010 4:49 AM

Oct 2009
@Fight4Glory - It isn't a plot if we're dealing with a series like this anyway. We're watching it because we just like it, that's all. (In my words, this is a series that BARELY has a plotline, so you're right. There are certain places in this series that gets most of the audience's attention.)

Great episode, and Kyousuke is regaining his soldier status after getting another lightning slap from Kirino and another kick from her later on.

And Kuroneko is still awesome. Now we get to see her in different clothes rather than her maschera cosplay.

Nov 29, 2010 5:08 AM

Dec 2009
Fight4Glory said:
MorningGlory said:
Fight4Glory said:
RMPNG said:
I can barely consider this as a plot.
I don't know if the material from this episode was in the LN, but it didn't seem like pointless filler to me....

MisterSaito said:
As for the episode itself, it was back to the original formula that made Oreimo initially intriguing. The problem, though, is that we're already 3/4s of the way into the show. One of the most important aspect of most successful storytelling is character development, which oreimo has totally failed up until now.
Kread-EX said:
Another filler ep, but still better than the 8th.
I thought this ep was character development.... It was a peek into the inner world of Kirino and Kuroneko ...and Kirino showed small signs of developing self-awareness in her relationship with Kyousuke. I think it was consistent with the orignal formula, too.

ArcticMech said:
I found Kyousuke's random phone call to her to be a bit odd, but it wasn't exactly unwanted either. But these instances make him seem more of a friend to Kirino's friends than Kirino.
So... was Kyousuke trying to ask Kuroneko out?
Nov 29, 2010 5:11 AM
Jun 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:

Their parent are not in the house.I guess Kirino trust Kyousuke even thou she doesn't realize it.
otakuthon49 said:
(In my words, this is a series that BARELY has a plotline, so you're right. There are certain places in this series that gets most of the audience's attention.)
somehow, the plot story is totally being overlook when Oreimouto being Animated into Anime.....
or maybe the story telling in the LN is so good that I felt that the story plot in the LN is much more meaningful compare to the Anime >.>"

well,this episode is a filler, but I felt more like it is a overlook of the result of the event done in previous episode.
At least I learn why Kuroneko start to love Meruru...and Ayase still faithful with Kirino(facepalm)...and Kirino trust Kyousuke as I mentioned above... and omg Saori Bijinna..
Felt like this is no a filler anyway <.<"
MorningGloryNov 29, 2010 5:15 AM
Nov 29, 2010 5:14 AM

Oct 2010
Oh yeah forgot to add this but the following youtube video

is exactly what I though of Kirino IRL regarding her rage on the game. Strangely enough it was not as bad but close to it.

Nov 29, 2010 5:14 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep, I actually enjoyed seeing Kirino play the eroge and Kurenko being an older sister.
Nov 29, 2010 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
I liked how the sister in the eroge was mean to Kirino just as she is to her brother. If I had a sister like her head would roll.
Nov 29, 2010 5:29 AM

May 2010
so uh, saori just became the most interesting character in this anime for me. kuroneko comes in a close second though i must say. although i doubt we will see much of saori's story in the next four episodes :( oh well

anyways, i'm surprised kirino didn't realize that the girl in the eroge acts just like herself xD she must be a real thickhead that kirino
Nov 29, 2010 5:34 AM

May 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:

ArcticMech said:
I found Kyousuke's random phone call to her to be a bit odd, but it wasn't exactly unwanted either. But these instances make him seem more of a friend to Kirino's friends than Kirino.
So... was Kyousuke trying to ask Kuroneko out?
Definitely didn't take it that way. You?
Nov 29, 2010 5:40 AM

Oct 2010
Koi-phan said:

Close to it? A trillion lightyears far from it is more likely.......
Problem is she was raging and she did break somethings but exactly is not shown just heard. That's why I was thinking of that video. Kirino is cute but I don't think her raging side was anything than laughable at least, why waste your time in raging over a game? Go to those who created and rage at them, they made it like that since that obviously raged you. Right?

Nov 29, 2010 5:43 AM

Jun 2009
Damn even Kuroneko's imouto was adorable too. Probably it is in their genes to be that cute.

I find it highly amusing how Kirino reacts while playing eroge and at the same time, grin at the irony on how she gets pissed on Rinko's character.
Nov 29, 2010 5:46 AM
Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Koi-phan said:

Close to it? A trillion lightyears far from it is more likely.......
Problem is she was raging and she did break somethings but exactly is not shown just heard. That's why I was thinking of that video. Kirino is cute but I don't think her raging side was anything than laughable at least, why waste your time in raging over a game? Go to those who created and rage at them, they made it like that since that obviously raged you. Right?
at least Kirino has show a good response to the Erogame and she even write down note....She is much more rational compare to him.
Anyway,I sure want that guy to be one of the seiyu in Anime.He has talent .but I think Boku no pico's narrator is much more better than him.
Nov 29, 2010 5:59 AM

Jun 2009
haha love this episode! Kirino playing the eroge like some pervert guy was hilarious! Aww I didn't know Kuroneko is a older sister. Saori being pretty and rich etc, didn't surprised me that much because I saw a picture of her somewhere on the net with pretty clothes and stuff.

Nov 29, 2010 5:59 AM
Sep 2009
epic episode is epic
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

362 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Jan 28, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 19, 2010

423 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.