Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 67 Discussion

Jun 1, 2008 7:12 AM
Vermillion

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Admiral Bucock commands a lot of respect even after his retirement. He's probably second only to Yang in that regard. He's wise in trying to minimize losses by keeping the youngest ones out of it. They would be of greater use to Yang rather than possibly die under him.

Yang got put into a tough position after Reinhard's speech. He can't return to the alliance and there's no way he'd join forces with the Empire. El Facil and Iserlohn look to be his only options but there's room for a lot of error. He'll have to throw his lot in with the newly autonomous government which, while they have democratic ideals, doesn't have any guarantee to be any better than the alliance. I'm wondering how he'll manage it because it looks like his role just keeps getting more and more large. Even if he doesn't want to participate directly in politics, his actions may end up being akin to doing the same thing.

Hilda questioning if her role is only as a loyal secretary took a while but was expected. Marriage hints have been mentioned to Reinhard by Franz, Oberstein, and even his personal attendant. I don't see Reinhard jumping headfirst into it though. His ambitions don't appear to have any room for it at the moment and the reasons for him to do so aren't clear yet. The people who've talked to him about marrying were all worried about him leaving an heir. Reinhard hates the idea of the previous dynasty and his subordinates idea of an heir supports the ideals of that same dynasty. Instead of earning a place as ruler, Reinhard's child will be like the former Kaisers he's read about in history, just worried about expanding influence generation after generation with many mistakes in between.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.

Jan 15, 2010 3:42 AM

I was hoping Bucock would wear his uniform and go straight to Yang wenli, but it seems he's going out to fight for FPA one last time. I still hope he survives though.
And about that guy who's going to Phezzan, I don't know what doubts mittermayer is having but he might be thinking about an assassination attempt on Reinhard
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Jan 15, 2010 10:21 AM

The moment I saw Mrs. Bucock get out that Alliance uniform, it just lit a smile on my face. Seeing Bucock return to the field should be something else, along with guys like Chun Wu Chen. I also liked that he refused the younger men like Soul out of consideration for Yang.

I think it's about time for Hilde to make a move on Reinhard; if she's already questioning her role in his eyes, she should make more of an effort to be not just "that secretary".

Feb 9, 2010 4:24 PM

I am bored of this, fucking terrible..

Feb 10, 2010 6:06 AM

fake *cough* account *cough* troll
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

Jun 17, 2010 1:25 PM

Great episode. I really like Bucock, I'm sad he'll probably die this time :(
Also wondering about the Alliance Guy meeting with Reinhard and Mittermeyer worrying about it.
straight to the next episode.

StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.

Oct 22, 2010 8:18 AM

i almost broke my tradition about commenting on every episode,i forgot to update my mall last night hehe :)

it was nice but i'm hoping for some FPA action in the near future ^^
mittermeyer proves once again how badass he is :p

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Mar 14, 2011 12:11 AM
Hilde is way more competent than a secretary. She's more like a Prime Minister, and an advisor who played the biggest strategical role in the battle that unified the galaxy. Fucking beast, that woman

Mar 31, 2011 5:24 PM

Luthimal said:
Hilde is way more competent than a secretary. She's more like a Prime Minister, and an advisor who played the biggest strategical role in the battle that unified the galaxy. Fucking beast, that woman

haha agreed. It would be nice if she were with Reinhard, although I can't help thinking it would be nice if he were with someone a little more interesting, personality-wise. Hilde seems to lack personality compared to when she was first introduced.

I haven't loved the past couple of eps TBH. They are just building things up I know, but it has all been very focused on the political activities of less interesting characters.

Aug 24, 2011 8:05 PM
Hilde is definitely awesome...I'm wondering if they will ever get together. Even though these may be buildup eps they're definitely leading up to something big.

Jan 19, 2012 11:49 PM

Hilda really is a prime minister in all but name.

Feb 10, 2012 11:49 PM

ReinhardxHilde wedding fucking when?

Mar 30, 2012 4:55 PM

Some interesting things are brewing. That Odets guy is pretty suspicious, and Hilde is awesome. I'm wishing all the best to Buccock, and looking forward to the battle.

May 12, 2012 6:44 PM

I don't know why "Mrs. Bucock" got her own telop -- that was almost as unnecessary as the "Engineering Ship" telop from episode 5.

And speaking of episode 5, I couldn't possibly have imagined that Hilda would have this sort of (and this large of) a role when she was introduced, running teary-eyed into her father's arms.

Jun 17, 2012 1:26 PM

Yeah, Hilda is a pretty awesome character. She's arguably the biggest influence on Reinhard at this point, as evidenced by the fact that he seemed to genuinely enjoy his conversation with her, and like Luthimal said she played a huge role in unifying the galaxy. Not to mention all the menial tasks she has to do. She's just as important as Reuental, Mittermeyer, Oberstein and the other admirals to Reinhard's success. I certainly appreciate her efforts more this re-watch than I did the first time.

Another thing I find interesting is how Lebello's is just falling apart due to all his stress as the leader of the FPA. It's kind of sad, considering how good a person he was at his core. In regards to this, I loved the scene where the ambassador met with Mittermeyer.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Sep 23, 2013 6:24 AM

When the hell did Reinhard lose to Yang while outnumbering Yang 100 to 1?

Anyways, kind of curious how Reinhard is going to react to what that emissary has to say. Also even without a fleet, shouldn't Iserlohn still be easy to hold? I mean, if they lose it a second time that is just pathetic.

Aug 8, 2014 4:30 PM

Bucock is such an old titan. I'll always remember the quote 'breathing military museum' to describe him.

Nov 11, 2014 4:55 PM

Hilda is slow as hell making her moves. One does not simply make the majestic golden hair wait.

Mar 6, 2015 4:20 PM

Here it comes, the alliance is about to get wrecked.
Also, some more of Mittermyer in this episode, which I liked.

Jun 1, 2015 9:19 AM

Ragnarok part 2.... dis gon b gud

Jun 16, 2015 10:05 AM

Another great episode, let's see what's next.

Jul 12, 2015 5:17 AM

Good episode. Reinhard's conversation with Hilda made me smile for some reason. Also great to see Bucock make a return.

Jun 20, 2016 10:09 AM

Hildegard wants Reinhard so bad lol.

"Fleet Admiral Bucock refused to fight Admiral Yang Wenli but he's saying he'll fight if the opposition is Kaiser Reinhard?'
Bucock FTW!

I'm surprise Lebello hasn't killed himself yet, the guy looks like he's about to lose it any minute now.

Oct 20, 2017 11:31 AM

Bucock return to the service!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Apr 16, 2018 5:16 AM
I think this is the end for Bocock. I loved him so much 😭

May 13, 2018 4:26 PM
Yeah this is Buccock's last stand!

Did he finally manage to call that blonde guy the right name?

Lebello has well and truly lost it.

Mittenmeyer letting that guy speak to the Kaiser seems like it'll be an assassination attempt.

And now Yang has no other choice on what to do but take over Iserhorn and team with El Facil.

Ah so the other high admiral was Ernst von Eisenach, I'll do my best to remember his name now.

Oct 15, 2018 7:04 PM
It seems Bucock will put up one last show. What a way to go...

Man, I give Lebello one more episode before his mind breaks and he commits suicide.

Nov 7, 2018 2:13 AM

Best line from the episode, spoken by Reinhard: "It appears that sages pass the same bridge at times."