Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 5, 2011 11:53 AM
May 2009
After 12 episodes I got to admit I like her, and for some reason I am interested in that picture of her at the sports festival, and if there is a story behind that.
Jan 6, 2011 12:19 AM
Oct 2010
shintai88 said:
After 12 episodes I got to admit I like her, and for some reason I am interested in that picture of her at the sports festival, and if there is a story behind that.

Actually, there is. It'll be explained in the extra episodes...
Jan 7, 2011 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
Kirino is really a bitchy character! I agree with everyone! I really hate her! I like Kyou-chan, no, I mean I love Kyou-chan! And she's lucky, very lucky, to be his sister! She's so violent, and naive, and everything!! I just hate her, really. Even in the last episode! My god! She should have just admitted her feelings, that she really wanted Kyou-chan to insist her not to leave, like in the eroge. But.. she punched Kyou-chan TAT That's why I can not like her character!! I only like her for her passion of anime and eroge. Her treatment for his oniichan is punishable!! She's a disgrace!

(Sorry for Kirino lovers, I just happened to be a fetish for oniichans... and I really love Kyou-chan's character)
Jan 7, 2011 7:10 PM

Jun 2009
Yanathrae said:
She is the reason why I dropped this anime.

This.
Jan 10, 2011 1:38 PM

Jul 2010
Hoppy said:
I would love her as a sister, sure she's acts like a total diva at times, but it bodes extremely well with her tsundere personality.

^ Obviously doesn't have a sister.

I think she is okay, for the most part.
But the fact that she is so mean to her brother just anyones the fu** out of me.
I like tsundere, but she tends to ruin so much things. When she gave the present to her brother I thought she would change for the better. But she didn't.

However, Kyou MUST love her more than normal, since I can assure you, no normal brother would want to got near a sister like that.
Jan 10, 2011 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
She was fun at first but it started to get annoying pretty soon! Towards the end there were times I was about to throw my laptop across the room! She really started to piss me off! You can only take some much until it's just too much! xD
Jan 15, 2011 1:51 PM

Feb 2008
Mugen900 said:
If I were Kirino's big brother I'd probably slapped her with my "HO" hand.

And wat's up with Kyousuke, why can't he even say NO to his bitchy little sister?

lol take it easy bro
Jan 18, 2011 7:48 AM

Sep 2010
Sometimes I find her actions really... urgh.
It gets irritating sometimes watching it. lol

Jan 20, 2011 11:15 AM

Oct 2008
She got worse as the anime progressed.
That's pretty sad considering most of my favorite characters are tsundere.
This bitch is just a manipulative user, and everyone around her has to adjust their lives for her.
Jan 27, 2011 7:28 PM

Dec 2008
Chidashi-sama said:
She is irritating, but she also has a slightly good reason to be.

I see your point, but if I had a sibling that behaved the way Kirino did,
Jan 29, 2011 7:03 PM

Jul 2009
It's absolutely hilarious how people take her seriously when her whole character is based on fanservice. Stop treating her like she's actually real. xD
Jan 30, 2011 1:40 AM

Oct 2010
Diddles said:
It's absolutely hilarious how people take her seriously when her whole character is based on fanservice. Stop treating her like she's actually real. xD

I don't think the issue is that she should just not be taken seriously in the sense that she is an unrealistic character just there for fan service. In fact, I think she is plenty real, if only exaggerated for comedic effect.

I think the issue is that her actions and behavior should not be taken seriously because she doesn't mean them seriously herself. I think a lot of people watching her are taking her literally when they should not. She's very dramatic. When she acts annoyed or says something mean to her brother, many people assume that means she dislikes her brother or is angry with him. However, most of the time it just mostly an act, or at least a great exaggeration. Even Kyousuke knows this, which is why he pretty much rolls his eyes and brushes it off.

I'd suggest that people who don't understand Kirino should start by watching the opening theme song and carefully taking note of the lyrics. The lyrics are explaining her emotions and what she is thinking. The song is actually called "Irony", which is defined as the difference between what is expected and what actually occurs. Her words and actions do not have the meaning/intent that you would normally associate with those words and actions. I wouldn't call it hidden meanings because the meanings are pretty obvious to me and to Kyousuke, even if they are not always 100% clear (not to worry though, because if Kyousuke doesn't get it immediately, she'll beat it into him, haha).

Here's some of the lyrics, along with my explanation:

"Don't be so nice to me, I just don't know how to react"

Kirino feels she is expected to act annoyed with her brother, as if she only just tolerates him. After all, she thought her brother didn't give a damn about her either, for the longest time. She is a competitive, prideful, stubborn person, so once she feels someone doesn't fully respect her, she will give back the same attitude but even harsher so that she appear to "win" the battle. This is why she seems to have a bit of a sibling rivalry with Kyousuke, and it's why she has a friendly rivalry with Kuroneko (she mimics the attitude that Kuroneko gives her).

So when her brother or Kuroneko actually say or do something truly nice for her, she feels embarrassed and doesn't know how to react. She feels most comfortable just keeping her "indifferent" attitude. Even when she wants to do something nice and thoughtful for someone else, she'll still find a way to make it seem selfish because it is embarrassing for her to be seen as nice to someone who she thinks expects her to act tough.

"With all of these words piling up, I can’t see your face."

I've seen "words" translated as "lies" as well. I think this line is saying that all her acting and pretending is getting in the way of her really understanding how her brother feels about her deep down.

"Where is it? I can’t find the key I lost."
"Sigh…I’m so tired of acting so stubborn when we disagree."

I think the part about the lost key might be a way of saying that she forgets the point of why she acts the way she does, but she does it anyway out of habit. The second part is along the same idea. She acts stubborn out of habit and because she feels like her brother expects her to act that way (so it would be awkward if she didn't), but she regrets doing it because it is another barrier in the way of having a better and more honest relationship.

The rest of the lyrics are about similar things. She talks about how her real voice is masked by these lies (the lies being the way she acts, which isn't how she really feels on the inside and what she really wants to express). She says she is lost, doesn't understand herself, and is fumbling around to try to find a way past the invisible wall between them (her and her brother). She say she wants to be closer and wants to know more about him, wants to show him her smile, and wants go meet him if only she could find the right words to do so.

I think if you understand all this, you should start seeing Kirino in a different light and gain a lot more sympathy for her. Perhaps when you become aware of the irony behind her behavior (instead of taking it literally as it appears on the surface), your view of it might transform from seeing it as bitchy to seeing it as cute.

In my honest opinion, Kirino is easily the most exciting, interesting, and cute character for me to watch in the show. But it's only because I'm constantly aware of the act she is putting on and can imagine what is going on in her head, and I can read the subtle messages she is trying to send in sort of her own language. I think those of you who only see Kirino as an intolerable bitch are really missing out on the most appealing part of the show.
Jan 30, 2011 6:11 AM
Oct 2010
Her attitude might not be the best out there, but hey, at least she keeps things interesting. You people are just taking the actions of an ANIMATED CHARACTER too seriously. You guys are not Kyousuke. Stop acting like you are.

Most people might say Kirino's constant abuse of Kyousuke bodes ill for her character. Me? I find it hilarious.
Jan 31, 2011 7:01 AM

Sep 2009
At first I did, but then look at it in perspective. 2 siblings who live totally different lives, over the years would no doubt drift and tensions will rise since no one has tried to bond.
However, she is still a little bitch... just that I understand how she would feel with all that pent up emotions.
Later in the series she seems to have warmed up a little, still a long way to go, but that brother-sister bond is there.
Tondemonai Fansubs
http://tondemonaifs.wordpress.com/
Big bag of loli desktop accessories
http://brigade.baka-wolf.com/showthread.php?t=15413

Jan 31, 2011 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
Kirino made me hate the tsundere stereotype, even tho she clearly was not. I saw no dere in this entire series. Even if there was some it was killed off by her tsunb*tch personality
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jan 31, 2011 3:39 PM

Sep 2008
Maugomale said:
Her attitude might not be the best out there, but hey, at least she keeps things interesting. You people are just taking the actions of an ANIMATED CHARACTER too seriously. You guys are not Kyousuke. Stop acting like you are.

Most people might say Kirino's constant abuse of Kyousuke bodes ill for her character. Me? I find it hilarious.
This guy likes to sit back and laugh at everyone if he knows their situation. He has no sense of empathy either.

I don't see why you think analyzing characters is a bad thing. It is no different from assignments from school/wherever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2011 6:33 PM

Feb 2008
entropy13 said:
sHsIkuA said:
Neither hate nor like her.

If you hate her you're just hating yourself because

She doesn't act like me.

I'm not a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing who thinks It's All About Me, prone to Kick the Dog, a Jerkass, and a Green Eyed Monster.
Yes, entropy13. That's an insult to say she acts like me. /shakes head. D:
I am NOT a bitch. I can be mean, but I'm mean at the right people to be mean at...but I'm not "tsun" (that's not even tsun! She's just being a pushover, thinking she's being "tsun") to my friends. I'm actually really nice to my friends and I'm selfless (I may sound really arrogant for saying this) when it comes to people around me. Just proving my point coz I don't care about any other characters being compared with me, just NOT Kirino. Anyone but Kirino. >_>

Besides, I don't see WHY "she acts like you" even belongs here just because we don't like her. I mean, she CLEARLY deserves all our hate. /shrug. If she didn't, no one would even DARE create this topic. /raises an eyebrow.

Jan 31, 2011 6:54 PM

Oct 2010
SilverLeaf123 said:
However, she is still a little bitch... just that I understand how she would feel with all that pent up emotions.

I never got the feeling that her attitude (at least after the start of the show) was an expression of any pent up negative emotions. Rather, I felt like she was just being stubborn and trying to avoid the embarrassment of showing a different attitude.

It's like if there's some song you hate, or maybe you hate country music for example... then after listening to it for a long time you start to like it (maybe even love it). But after always ranting so much about how much you hate it to a friend who loves it, you might find it hard to admit to them that your opinion has changed and that they were right and you were wrong. And if they were to catch you listening to it and enjoying it, you might deny it and rant again about how terrible it is, in an attempt to save your dignity. The bigger you dig the hole for yourself (piling on more lies), the harder it is to come clean. But it's also easier to come clean gradually (like "this song isn't THAT bad I guess") than it is to come clean all at once ("I love this song even though I used rant about how I hate it").

And what if this friend is pretty sure that you like this music even though you keep denying it? If you are really stubborn and prideful, you might even feel the urge to "live the lie" and go all out in ranting about how you hate this music that you secretly love. This is the situation with Kirino and her brother.

With Kirino being as competitive and stubborn as she is, she would have a hard time admitting the change in her opinion towards Kyousuke (or towards Kuroneko and her favorite anime) because it's embarrassing for her to admit she was wrong, like admitting defeat. So when I watch her behavior, I just see her faking it, exaggerating, but also trying to admit the truth slowly and send subtle messages about her true feelings while still having plausible deniability. After all, I think it's pretty clear that the angry outbursts (fake, exaggerated) don't match with her attitude at other times. So unless you think her feelings can constantly flip like a switch from one moment to the next and that she can happily hang out with someone she hates, then she really is just acting/exaggerating.

And Kyousuke clearly isn't taking her too literally or else he'd be getting angry back at her. Instead, he is happy to help her and feels appreciated without needing her to swallow her pride and thank him formally. He may get a bit annoyed at the extent of her stubbornness, but he knows that she's really just a lost little girl trying to act tough while she tries to find her way.
Feb 3, 2011 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
Timofmars said:
With Kirino being as competitive and stubborn as she is, she would have a hard time admitting the change in her opinion towards Kyousuke (or towards Kuroneko and her favorite anime) because it's embarrassing for her to admit she was wrong, like admitting defeat.

Exactly. Kirino's stubborn pride defines practically every encounter she has with Kyousuke. She's always been "right". Why change now? And for the majority of the series, she doesn't. It's those rare moments of affection, however brief and short-lived, that truly develop her character. I'm sure Kyousuke would have been less appreciative and perhaps even a bit cautious had she simply gone "dere-dere" at the drop of a hat. Sounds a little like the beginning of Episode 12 doesn't it.
Feb 5, 2011 2:40 AM
Jan 2008
At first episodes she was so annoying, I just couldn't stand her and felt angry then she treated her brother like dirt, but at the end her tsundere self showed her good side :)
Feb 22, 2011 9:25 PM

Oct 2009
Off course not, how could I hate that cute thing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2011 11:10 PM

Feb 2011
Kirino is the shit haha. It's one of those character's that you would NOT like mess with.

Don't know why but i don't find her annoying at all. Well since I have an sister ma self I'm used to the annoying-ness and the piss-you-off tactics. Maybe thats why I don't really notice things people notice in this anime.
Mar 10, 2011 9:47 PM
Feb 2009
Kirino needs to be axed in the face. With a chainsaw. If she wasn't such a shithead, I might be able to finish this anime. Coincidentally, the only remotely interesting scenes are the ones where she doesn't exist.
Mar 26, 2011 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
I really hate tsundere. But i quite like kirino. She kinda remind me of myself.
Oh and she have the same laptop and mouse as i do :D
Apr 6, 2011 9:17 AM

May 2010
To be honest I like the girl for being cute and shy so she acts tsundere in front others but I don't like her being so violent and always angry without any reason (especially toward Kyousuke), maybe if she is more nicer (and reasonable,that is one of the reason i kinda dislike her)then I might reconsider.Overall I still like her !
Apr 18, 2011 12:30 PM

Feb 2010
kirino IS this anime :P and she is perfect the way she is,
she aint as mature as older kids and she is going through alot for a kid not even in high school yet.
also why should she treat her brother any better than she has the last i dno how many years, he aint doing what his doing wanting anything in return he is simply helping his sister she cant really help the way she acts
May 16, 2011 12:12 AM

Feb 2011
Yeah I dislike her a little for being bitchy sometimes.
----
woah, there are lots people hates Kirino so much, huh. O.o

I pity by Kyousuke when she wants him to buying her a very expensive ring and when Kyousuke got injuries because of her (episode 12). Villain Kirino..
Aug 23, 2011 1:26 AM

Aug 2010
i like her >,< she could be alittle less bitchy but stil she is cute. also :p for kirino lovers---> oreimo plus
Aug 24, 2011 8:31 AM

Aug 2011
How could anyone hate her?!? She's just so damn cute. Btw any info on season2? =)
Feb 17, 2012 10:08 PM

Feb 2012
Hating a main character is in many ways hating the entire anime itself since they play an integral part in the overall storyline and enjoyment of watching it.

With that being said, tsunderes types are on a positive side of mines. She does tick me off sometimes but as a whole, it had no major impact in my judgment of her =3
Feb 22, 2012 8:12 AM
Jul 2009
i like her because she reflects what puberty is, she knows how she feels but dunno how to express.

Am I the only one that thinks that she loves more him than he loves her? He's nice and a awesome brother and Kirino just dunno how to react.

I even think that actitudes is because her brother is the first boy that she started to get feelings and be passionate. When she's bad to Manami is not because she's an atention whore but because she loves her brother and became jealous.

The brother has 17 and acts really well the brother role (at start he seemed like "ok i help you", then he started to actually enjoy doing it. But at the end i think that he see that he does all of that because he knows that is what he should do as a brother. and his sis reactions dont help either.

if it was in IRL and i was the brother, maybe i'll hate her. but here we see both sides and we always see Kirino thinking about is brother with no rage when she's alone.

and when she thanks him and say "aniki" he dont even realised or ignored.

that's what i think
Mar 11, 2012 4:29 PM

Sep 2011
sHsIkuA said:
Neither hate nor like her.

If you hate her you're just hating yourself because

LOL This.

I Didn't Hate But She's Annoying When She Goes Tsun Tsun Much. It's Like She's Overdoing It. She's More Bitch Than Louise In Zero No Tsukaima.

Mar 17, 2012 8:43 PM

Oct 2010
I'm neutral. Period.
Though there are times that I find her kinda cute.
Mar 24, 2012 8:07 AM

Mar 2012
She is really cute. Also, she's only fourteen, and that accounts for at least some of her bitchiness.
Apr 2, 2012 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
Kirino is an evil witch.
Apr 20, 2012 2:36 PM
Apr 2012
There's a difference between Tsundere and being a complete bitch, and unfortunately for her, shes the difference. Lol

Also where is everyone getting these facts from? I don't remember anything in the story saying out he ignored her? I actually thought it was the other way around, he has even said that she was a complete bitch to him for most of her life and acted like he didn't exist. She had no right to say that he was the one that ignored her.

Personally, I pity him the most, poor guy. All the shit he goes through for her, and he gets absolutely nothing out of it but more and more trouble, for everything he does for her he has more people hating him, and she just acts like more of a bitch.

The only "ignored" person was him, and hes even said it. Everything was always about her. His mom and dad completely ignore him, don't even ask about his day, he could probably leave for a week and not have them notice, Yet she even acts a little bit different, or leaves for half a day then you get everyone in the show asking if shes alright lol. Look at all the problems that start up in the show over these little things that happen to her, while hes basically killing himself to help her, yet no one notices what hes doing. You can't help but feel sorry.

Even in the times she is trying to be nice to him she still cant help but think of herself, hence the gift she gave him and many other things.
Apr 27, 2012 1:23 AM

Feb 2012
Kirino is a witch. There were moments that if I was her brother I would have slapped her. She always gets her way, and all the characters just pander to her. The show is pretty much about all the characters doing what they can to help out Kirino. All her friends and her brother sacrifice so much for her sake and she doesn’t return the favor.

It is interesting to see how she acts as a foil for all the other characters. Kuroneko has become one of my favorite characters mainly because of how she handles Kirino (though she still goes out of her way to help Kirino). Also because I love those moments of Mutually Assured Tsundere when Kuroneko and Kirino interact.
May 3, 2012 6:19 PM

Apr 2009
i hate that f*cking b*tch, if it was my sister i would teach hear a few lessons (with my fists)

f*king annoying piece of trash.

i actually got a sister myself and shes very kind, the total opposite.

seriously people that add this b*tch as favorite are human trash, you suck.

this piece of shit makes me wanna punch my screen, and her friend is just as annoying.
May 3, 2012 6:22 PM

Sep 2010
I'm neutral about her character.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 4, 2012 12:17 AM

Nov 2011
I guess I'm neutral, maybe leaning towards like a bit though.

The show wouldn't be what it is with its fill of problems and humor if she didn't act how she does. Besides her character develops more as the show goes on. So I can't really say I dislike her.

nozomisasaki said:
i hate that f*cking b*tch, if it was my sister i would teach hear a few lessons (with my fists)

this piece of shit makes me wanna punch my screen, and her friend is just as annoying.

Jesus man. It's just an anime character no need to go into rage mode Mr.Badass.
Not everyone has a nice friendly brother-sister relationship. I have a sister as well who is about 2 years younger then me and all we do is pick on each other and make a fuss. She was a bitch sometimes to by black-mailing me and stuff. It's our thing though, we don't really see eye to eye and fight but it's our way of bonding? or rather just having a good time. . Kirino and her brother have somewhat different circumstances then most siblings considering they didn't even talk much to each other to start out. That changes after awhile though.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 19, 2012 3:19 PM

Aug 2007
Im neutral. I really don't like too much the thunder type character. She isn't my fav character, but I don't hate her.
May 20, 2012 3:59 PM
Nov 2010
I'm kinda neutral. I do find her annoying sometimes, but she's hilarious on others (especially during her and Kuroneko's interactions).

To be honest I'm a little disappointed. When I first started watching this show I thought Kirino was gonna be a completely awful character, mean and bitchy; and though she might be a little of that she isn't as awful as everyone made her out to be.

In fact, I wonder how Kirino is considered the worst character in the show, when there's characters like Kanako Kurusu and Ayase Aragaki that are far worse than Kirino.

/my opinion
Jul 6, 2012 8:46 PM
May 2012
i like her when she drag her brother to her trouble.
it's funny
Jul 11, 2012 7:51 PM

Jan 2010
I REALLY HATE HER and she should definitely get a reality check! Why is she so popular? (your vote)

YES. I HATE HER SO DAMN MUCH.
I never want to pick this anime in the first place because I know the main female chara is tsundere, but my friend gave me and force me to watch this. I thought Kirino's character design is pretty cute and all but her personality is too much. I want to kill her. Kyosuke is really stupid. I don't understand he can really care for Kirino although she treat him like shit. The good thing from this anime is that the art is cute enough to keep me watching this until finished. All the characters is fine except Kirino and her stupid brother.
Jul 11, 2012 7:53 PM

Jan 2010
nozomisasaki said:

well said! *thumbs up*
Aug 28, 2012 3:09 AM

Aug 2011
I usually like tsunderes but I can't stand how Kirino treats her brother.

I also hate how the brother has to commit social suicide all for her sake when all she does it say 'thanks' in that deredere voice in return. The same goes for how she just expects her brother to do so much for her just because he said he'd 'help out'. Saying you'll 'help out' doesn't mean you'll stay completely committed to the cause.

I think its because I'm an older brother myself, but i can't stand her guts.
Still like the show though, funnily enough.
Sep 8, 2012 8:42 AM

Aug 2011
I dislike her.
Initially I also dislike Ayase. But over time, Ayase become my favourite character in the show.
So there is no reason to say that I may like her after some time like some of the characters.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Sep 8, 2012 8:51 AM

Apr 2011
I like Kirino because I like tsundere characters only in anime...but if it's in real life, especially if she's way more violent than Kirino, I'm seriously gonna get mad...
Sep 25, 2012 9:38 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah I dislike her a little for being bitchy sometimes.

If she would be my sister, I wouldn't be able to go trough all the shit she throws to me >_>. Bitch, would probably get slapped hard at least once.
Sep 25, 2012 9:46 AM
Jul 2012
I like kirino only for the wincest ending.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

362 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Jan 28, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 19, 2010

423 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.