Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2010 2:21 PM

May 2010
Didn't like this one. It seems like it came randomly out of nowhere.
The last episode was around Christmas, and this one is nearing July. Suddenly, Kirino has a bestselling book and she's even going to have an anime.

I thought the whole episode was unrealistic other than that.
Nov 22, 2010 2:48 PM

Sep 2009
Quite frankly...I didn't enjoy this.
Nov 22, 2010 3:16 PM
Oct 2009
This ep. was bad neither great, I don't have words to describe it but I didn't like it. It was centered in the hate of the director than else. Hope the next will be better
Nov 22, 2010 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
well.... apparently all you need to do to get yourself an anime is to bring your big brother with you & have him bow down to his knees just for the sake of your own satisfaction.

uhh, okay oreimo lmao. I'LL BE KURONEKO'S ANIKI THOUGH, IF SHE WANTS... sob.
Nov 22, 2010 3:54 PM

Aug 2008
Whoah... look at all the angry rants in this thread.

Now I understand why this episode got slammed by some people in the anime industry. It really does make them look like assholes, doesn't it?

I was going to comment on Kirino's tsundereness, but it feels like everyone has said it already. Yeah, Kyousuke spoils her, but am I the only one who feels a little bit bad for Kirino? She may need a slap to reality, but it wasn't like the anime makers were any better, treating other people's prized creation as just another "thing" to make some last minute cash. Especially that long-haired glasses guy, releasing his anger and jealousy on a third party member. Very unprofessional.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 22, 2010 4:25 PM

May 2010
Don't get whats up with all the ep hate, I thought it was ok. But I wanna see what's gonna happen next when at the end she said "The next life counseling session will be the last."
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Nov 22, 2010 4:52 PM

Oct 2010
Blutspender said:
God, I hate Kirino.

you know, pal!!! i hate it, too >_<.

PD: Kuroneko ftw XD
Nov 22, 2010 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
Meh this episode wasn't bad or really good. Hopefully the last 3-4 episodes are better.
Nov 22, 2010 5:14 PM

Jun 2010
dragonmagnus said:
This ep. was bad neither great, I don't have words to describe it but I didn't like it. It was centered in the hate of the director than else. Hope the next will be better

Yea I agree with this too. I felt awkward with the speech Kirino gave but meh what can you do.
Next episode I hope will be more comedic.
Nov 22, 2010 5:15 PM

Aug 2010
mystik said:
wow if only the guys in Bakuman could get an anime this easy.....

a poorly written uninteresting novel someone gets published that fast and gets an anime? sign me up for that!

Lol, thats what i was thinking. Pretty damn ridiculous...

this girl pisses me off to the bone =/
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Nov 22, 2010 5:52 PM

Jun 2009
Wow...

When Kirino gave her little passionate suggestions... I was holding my head with both hands thinking "Omg! You're asking for VA/Artist/different OP/Different ED/ etc etc... stop already, you're looking like an idiot..." Then I watch as they rip her original apart... I think to myself "So, this is what happen... no wonder we get adaptions like Dragonball Evolution huh?" Though I already see it coming...

And Kyousuke decide to help out, pretty bold move, and he's obviously don't know what he's doing in there... Then, Kuroneko represent most under-appreciated work/artist. Nice speech.

Why did Kyousuke help Kirino... Despite everything he don't like about Kirino, they are after all siblings.

I'd go to great length for my siblings, heck! I'd go to great length for younger cousins, and I did some pretty gutsy things for them... I don't think I'd help a sibling like Kirino... Actually, I don't know... When I see my siblings in pain, regardless of how they are, I just want to protect them as much as I possibly could.(Especially those that have relied on me to protect/help them in the past)

The thing about Kirino is, she relied on her brother once, and he helped. That opened a door, as the older one seen and understood how weak/sad the younger one could get.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2010 5:58 PM
Mar 2010
This episode is as ironic as the title of the OP of the series. They degressed from the orignal novel in making this episode... by a lot. Although I just read the summaries written by a fan, I don't think there was anything about her novel getting an anime.

Nov 22, 2010 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
Her getting an anime and such when we learned she got published last episode sort of sped up the pace for sure.

As a non-novel reader I didn't really notice anything exactly odd about the episode once the fact she was getting a anime was introduced.

As far as him helping out, agreed the part where he said he hated her was really out of place. I didn't think much more of it until i read some posts and it is true that the theme was not in there previously.

However, i always enjoy how he goes to embarrassing extremes to help his sister out. I had a smirk during Kirino's whole speech, and I thought Kuroneko was awesome this episode.

Almost got caught up in the pros of the episode (Very Good 8/10)
Nov 22, 2010 7:37 PM

Jun 2009
Kuroneko was the one saving grace for this episode, she was awesome.

Kirino's suggestions felt like they went on forever, and Kyousuke's begging of the staff was pretty cringworthy.

Nov 22, 2010 7:41 PM
Oct 2009
I don't enjoy Kyosuke going to extremes for Kirino. It's irrational and not justified in any sense of the word.

I'm all for having a flawed protagonist like Kirino in my anime, especially if it's presenting itself to be a slice of life like this show. The problem is pretty much everyone in the story treats her like a "perfect" protagonist. Nobody, not even the characters who go against Kirino's ideals do anything to reprimand her. It's unrealistic, and it makes the motivations behind actions much more shallow than they should be when they lack logical basis.
Nov 22, 2010 7:50 PM

May 2010
aniki to the rescue as always. thats that
and glad to see more kuroneko ~banzai =P

~Nyaaa~

Nov 22, 2010 8:18 PM
Feb 2010
A2ZOMG said:
I'm all for having a flawed protagonist like Kirino in my anime, especially if it's presenting itself to be a slice of life like this show. The problem is pretty much everyone in the story treats her like a "perfect" protagonist. Nobody, not even the characters who go against Kirino's ideals do anything to reprimand her. It's unrealistic, and it makes the motivations behind actions much more shallow than they should be when they lack logical basis.

She is quite perfect on the outside, good grade, good at sports, popular with people, a job as a model. And all those was achieved By herself. But she is flawed emotionally, she can't express herself properly. Hence the reason why she is so harsh towards Kyousuke. And IMO, that kind of the point of the story, how 2 siblings patch up their broken relationship with each other.

And honestly, if theres anyone to blame, blame the producers for making her character to be 90% Tsun 10% Dere. Ask any reader of the LN about ep 8, 5 bucks says most of them will say that the producers took a wrong turn by changing the plot of the anime from the LN, which actually -according to some readers of the LN- showed a sweeter side of Kirino.
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Nov 22, 2010 8:36 PM

Jun 2008
Not much to say other than this anime is quickly wearing thin on me...

I don't even know what the point to all of this is, I'm too deep into it to drop it, so unless there's a HUGE epiphany or some kind of epicness at the end, this is looking to be a sub-par, insanely OVER HYPED anime with no real redeeming qualities other than the animation and the "over-exaggerated-drama" that they put on display every episode.
Nov 22, 2010 9:06 PM

Jun 2008
This episode worries me. Kirino had better get an anvil dropped on her by the end or I will be very displeased.
Nov 22, 2010 9:56 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:

Perhaps but my opinion is like that and yours like you say. I personally have not seen any other girls with the qualities I mentioned so I fully value the appeal it creates upon me. I just felt like that because of all the episodes but this one had Kirino fall like she was sick so it got to me.
herox3 said:
Ah, so that what it was supposed to be. Still I agree with the person who said it was adapted because this was a anime and it should reflect that view.
Yumekichi11Nov 22, 2010 10:00 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 22, 2010 10:46 PM

Sep 2010
I was honestly bored as hell with the last few episodes. At first this was a cute slice of life that was moving along at a quite chipper pace, but now I feel like the plot is progressing episode by episode rather than having some overarching driving force... what I mean is that in the beginning the conflict was whether or not the parents would find out about her hobby, moving on to them approving of it, moving on to Kirino finding friends, moving on to patching up her friendship with that model whose name I forgot. But the novel episode was basically a standalone with the whole Christmas date going on, and this episode really did nothing for me other than make both Kirino and Kyousuke a little LESS believable - Kirino because she wrote a random crappy story that magically got an anime and Kyousuke because all of a sudden he both hates his sister and begs on his hands and knees that the producers do things her way, which is quite a stretch to fit his character. I just hope that it picks up and ends on a high note, because otherwise I'll be pretty disappointed as this show seemed at first to have a lot of potential.
Nov 22, 2010 10:50 PM

Nov 2007
herox3 said:

It was a last minute change. They had to reconsider the story after they accidentally requested Itou Shizuka for the role. There was this change obviously to limit fanrage. Also, this is where the animators pulled their strings and changed the light novel. pretty smart eh! >_>
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 22, 2010 10:54 PM

Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
It was a last minute change. They had to reconsider the story after they accidentally requested Itou Shizuka for the role. There was this change obviously to limit fanrage. Also, this is where the animators pulled their strings and changed the light novel. pretty smart eh! >_>

Wait...Is that seriously the reason? Because if it is...Oh my God.
Nov 22, 2010 10:58 PM

Sep 2010
It was quite an interesting episode, but it shows how the series is probably getting close to finishing. I'm not sure where it can go at this point.
Nov 23, 2010 1:25 AM
Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
Also, this is where the animators pulled their strings and changed the light novel. pretty smart eh! >_>
From my point of view, The change is actually brilliant.
The story in the Novel for this arc is about plagiarism....and they did a very good job.they took the idea from light Novel and make it their own.
at least this is much more better than Yakumo
Nov 23, 2010 1:42 AM

Nov 2007
MorningGlory said:
The story in the Novel for this arc is about plagiarism....and they did a very good job.they took the idea from light Novel and make it their own.

for a moment i read, otome youkai zakuro instead of yakumo. and i was like WTH, are you mad?! lol. i am that preoccupied with zakuro atm, one of the two best show this season alongside kuragehime
Coronavirus.
Nov 23, 2010 1:45 AM
Jun 2008
shanimebib said:
MorningGlory said:

for a moment i read, otome youkai zakuro instead of yakumo. and i was like WTH, are you mad?! lol. i am that preoccupied with zakuro atm, one of the two best show this season alongside kuragehime
0.0'
What?! Why would the Anime Otome Youkai came in.I was talking about the bad adaption of Yakumo -.-; I love to watch Otome Youkai as well, maybe because of the sexy twin LOL
Nov 23, 2010 2:00 AM
Mar 2008
Boring episode is boring.
Fail series is fail.

Please give us Manami, that's the only way to redeem this crap.
Nov 23, 2010 2:35 AM

Oct 2010
draker said:
I will add to that Manami slapping Kirino good! With maybe a kiss right after towards Kyousuke? Now that would the best!

Nov 23, 2010 2:50 AM

Nov 2007
draker said:

undoubtedly. this anime needs moar manami obaa-san and manami ojii-san.
Coronavirus.
Nov 23, 2010 3:11 AM

Oct 2010
Koi-phan said:
Yumekichi11 said:
draker said:
I will add to that Manami slapping Kirino good! With maybe a kiss right after towards Kyousuke? Now that would the best!

If that happens, i swear to god i'll give the show a 1 no matter how much i love Kirino or respect Kyousuke
Srsly, i'd much rather have Kyousuke end up with Kuroneko or get killed by Ayase than pair up with that neighbour-girl.

Well then on to my #2 choice, which was Kuroneko but only because of how suddenly she shows more of herself from episode 7 to here. Before it was really meh about it. On of top of that I am sure her little sister would like Kyousuke.

Nov 23, 2010 3:22 AM

Jun 2009
Koi-phan said:
If that happens, i swear to god i'll give the show a 1 no matter how much i love Kirino or respect Kyousuke
Srsly, i'd much rather have Kyousuke end up with Kuroneko or get killed by Ayase than pair up with that neighbour-girl.

lol she isn't that bad. Why so much hate for Manami? Her character is way more likeable than any other character not named Kuroneko in this series, though her looks were quite normal same with Kyosuke so they're actually a good pair.
Nov 23, 2010 3:30 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
It's kinda funny how imouto gets an anime while two boys keep working on getting their manga serialized.

Nov 23, 2010 3:30 AM
Feb 2010
-Quasar said:
Koi-phan said:

lol she isn't that bad. Why so much hate for Manami? Her character is way more likeable than any other character not named Kuroneko in this series, though her looks were quite normal same with Kyosuke so they're actually a good pair.

No offense, but i prefer Saori over her and I kinda find it insulting to pair such a great big-brother with a plain girl like her, I'd pair him with Saori at the very least since they get along rather well in the anime.
Oh and, about why the hate...the main reason would be that she is simply too plain, to the point that i don't really see her matching Kyousuke.
KoisolaNov 23, 2010 3:50 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Nov 23, 2010 4:37 AM

Mar 2009
Splitter said:
Hero_kun said:

That is a perfectly legitimate reason. Do not force your definition and value of what being a brother means on the author.

No, it's a cop out. No brother would ever go to these lengths, sacrificing his own self-respect and dignity for a spoiled cunt who believes the world revolves around her like Kirino. This series has broken all suspension of disbelief and is nothing more than some self-serving joke at this point.

Yea, I thought was great when Kuroneko said all those things too....oh wait that's your opinion? Riiiiiight.

Why is everyone so surprised that Kirino is such a bitch. She's been like this from the start, and if you've read any of the novels you'd know she's even worse in those.

Isn't that what this show's about?

Get off the bandwagon ppl, how can you all go from loving this show to hating it?
B/c the first few posts bash it? Losers!

Urahara Out!!
Nov 23, 2010 4:48 AM

Jun 2009
Koi-phan said:
I kinda find it insulting to pair such a great big-brother with a plain girl like her, I'd pair him with Saori at the very least since they get along rather well in the anime.

Why should him being a great big brother have anything to do with who he's paired up wih. And didn't Kyousuke say that he just wanted a quiet life? Seems like Manami would be the perfect partner for him...

Also, if you're getting insulted on a character's behalf... Chill out.

Nov 23, 2010 5:09 AM
Nov 2010
Decent episode, although maybe a little slow compared to the previous ones. The part when Kuroneko lectures the anime scenarist is really good, though.

And yes, those who read the light novel already know who Kyousuke will end up with (at least temporarily).
Nov 23, 2010 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
Koi-phan said:
Well.......
(Read at your own risk)

Oh so this was the doujin I read was based on. I thought it was an original story by the doujin artist.

Good times Good times. :3
Nov 23, 2010 7:51 AM

Sep 2009
I found not so bad this episode, however, held me a little. I found it interesting because this episode is more focused on ''radical changes from the original work and adaptation''. On Kirino, sometimes I think she ungrateful to Kyosuke, and act like a ''bitch'', but as she said something in an episode as if he ignored almost the entire life, I can even understand how she treats him, but he needed so much? o_o And I understand that, even Kyousuke hating Kirino, he helps her, because she is his sister.
And Kuroneko, wow o_o
FuurudeNov 23, 2010 7:58 AM
Nov 23, 2010 8:32 AM

Jun 2008
draker said:
Boring episode is boring.
Fail series is fail.

I don't think it's fail....just OVER HYPED and overestimated.

I think Kirino does everything possible for the viewers NOT TO LIKE HER...

Kyosuke is similar but at least people can have sympathy and think he's one of the best brothers in anime history, but that doesn't diminish the fact that in the long run he's just making things WORSE...

Kuroneko and Manami are the only redeeming characters in this show, it's a shame they're just tossed aside because it has to be all about the MOST SELFISH character of the year.

Oh and the people who think she's Tsundere so her attitude is acceptable are INSANE and don't know how a proper tsundere is SUPPOSED to act like, this isn't tsundere, HELL even Asuka (NGE) wasn't this big of a BITCH.

Just because she's "moe" and just because they draw her with blush on every scene doesn't mean we can forgive her personality and accept her.....bad characters are in every show, you just don't expect it to be the MAIN female character to be this bad.
Nov 23, 2010 8:38 AM

Jun 2009
I kinda agree with Kuroneko. Kirino getting all the attention and etc. The only thing I like about this episode is Kuroneko <3

Nov 23, 2010 8:53 AM

Aug 2008
God, I love Kuroneko! I think this show knows exactly what it's doing. It knows that most people are going to hate Kirino and addresses that. But this show is so full of other characters that I enjoy that her princess-complex and her hyper take on tsundere are nearly tolerable. The best part was the honesty at the end of the second meeting. Despite grudges and challenges, they still have to do the best job possible. They shouldn't crush that little girl's dreams for that. Even Kuroneko who has a right to be as hateful and jealous of anyone can agree with that.

Now as for that "final" life counseling session... hmmm.
Nov 23, 2010 9:54 AM
Oct 2009
MrHatandClogs said:
Why is everyone so surprised that Kirino is such a bitch. She's been like this from the start, and if you've read any of the novels you'd know she's even worse in those.

Isn't that what this show's about?

Get off the bandwagon ppl, how can you all go from loving this show to hating it?
B/c the first few posts bash it? Losers!

Urahara Out!!
Nobody is surprised Kirino is a bitch. Mainly expectations of this show were higher. And being an adaptation of a light novel/manga is not an excuse for anything. The fact remains that Ore no Imouto presents the worst case of a poorly executed concept in Fall 2010.
Nov 23, 2010 11:00 AM

Jul 2010
Kirino isn't tsundere, she is just a bitch. Kuroneko is the real tsundere in this show.
Nov 23, 2010 11:39 AM

May 2010
it was OK but could be better ;)

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Nov 23, 2010 1:44 PM

Mar 2008
WTF was that? Bunch of useless discussion, where is the MOE and the funny gags? I hope it'll be better next episode, this one was the worst so far :(
Nov 23, 2010 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
moemio said:
Kirino isn't tsundere, she is just a bitch. Kuroneko is the real tsundere in this show.

Shocking....BUT TRUE...

Kirino has not shown me to be a tsundere just a HUGE bitch who clearly has problems with her brother.

That's NOT Tsundere, tsundere is supposed to be cold or aloof character that hides her true personality (which in reality is kind and caring).

Kirino's true personality is what we're seeing....A selfish person who only cares about herself and her stupid hobbies...

People seem to think that every ANNOYING, noisy, and blushing female is a tsundere.....THEY'RE NOT!!!

Sakura from Naruto, Asuka from NGE, and Kirino are NOT tsundere....they're just PMS Bitches that love to take their anger out on the nearest Male they can find.
Nov 23, 2010 5:16 PM

Jul 2010
in all honesty i hated this episode and the previous one. its impossible to get a book published like that, then get a anime that fast. so unrealistic. oreimo needs to take lessons from bakuman.

i really wish they explained the process more and expanded this arc within like 5 eps then it would be more believable. I hope they just don't drop this anime arc thing on the next ep cuz if they do they are jumping around too much and i might switch this from a 7 to a 6...
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Nov 23, 2010 5:30 PM
Apr 2010
Kirino's got to change her attitude.

People are starting to hate her. I really liked her in the beginning, but she becomes less and less likable as time goes by.

Kyousuke also needs to change. Kirino's going to keep acting this way if he doesn't make it apparent that he hates the way she treats him.

Despite that, I still enjoy watching this show. Who knows why.

P.S: Kuroneko was really cool, this episode. She deserves her own show.
Nov 23, 2010 6:01 PM

Aug 2008

Have to agree with both of you. She's far beyond redeeming at this point. She needs something major and realistic to pop up for me to think she's not just a horrible person.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 5, 2010

265 by DevlanStewart »»
Apr 21, 1:56 AM

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

362 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Jan 28, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.