Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 14, 2015 3:16 PM

May 2012
A bit slower but quite interesting development, let's see what's next.
Jul 6, 2015 6:39 AM

Dec 2013
Rip old dying dude. Also damn that guy had his brain spilling out. It's weird how this anime can suddenly get so gorey all of the sudden.
Aug 4, 2015 12:26 AM

May 2012
well shit lol
Aug 12, 2015 12:40 AM

Jun 2014
Looks like the next big confict has begun.
They did a nice job at showing how fanatic these cultists are.
Oct 14, 2015 6:40 PM

Nov 2012
I knew the second the dude thought about the locket Reinhard was going to be like hell naw mother fucker ! Its interesting the men under Reinhard that went with him, they seem to only now be curious about the locket? Its obvious Reinhard would never tell anyone about it, very private and personal and it'd just start a rumor mill if one of his commanders found out about it most likely.

Anyway that was just a nasty move to pull on Reinhard it even looked like the Kaiser seemed to be genuinely nice towards the dude somehow. I'm guessing he was doing it more as a favor for Hilda , he just knows he ows her big time for saving his life :P

If anything Reinhard was more upset at the cultists than kunmel. These dudes seem to be behind a lot of shady shit, they automatically started attacking imperial forces when they showed up too. Hopefully Julian learns a lot more about them.

Looks like Julian's pretty much going into a viper den on earth, hope he manages to stay safe blending in with the cultists somehow. LOL now reinhard sent men to earth so everytime Julian goes anywhere there's trouble ugh.
midnightbladeOct 14, 2015 6:43 PM
Nov 19, 2015 1:24 AM

Jul 2013
Yang was one step ahead for realising the earth cult
Jan 24, 2016 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
"Let me touch your pendant."
"No."
"Give me the pendant!"
"NO I WILL SKIN YOU ALIVE PLEBEIAN."

It's as if Reinhard is becoming more obsessed with his only material attachment to Kircheis that remains. It gets a bit scary at times to watch him constantly rub it.

I feel as though Heinrich is really a victim here. The Goldenbaum Dynasty essentially embedded it into him that he was worthless without some distinguished service or prestigious accomplishment. The Earth cultists took advantage of that desperation in his final hours. But man, now it opens the door to the possibility of more assassination attempts, I get the feeling they'll be the army in the shadows. That raid was brutal af, those brains dripping out was just like yuck...

On another note, I ship Hilda x Reinhard.
Jun 16, 2016 2:53 PM

Aug 2014
Can't say I felt bad for Heinrech but I can see where he's coming from.

Klesser's back huh? I wonder if the plot point of him making the connections of Reinhard being already aware of the previous Kaiser's kidnapping, will be brought up again or just pushed to the sidelines.
Jul 4, 2016 9:07 AM

Jun 2016
Reinhard needs a new raison d'etre and quick. Clearly Hilda is not cutting it, can we ship Katerose over to Odin? :P Also, I am surprised he hasn't visited his sister yet. I thought he was done conquering the Universe.

Hmm. Another reason to live could be an overwhelming alien invasion.
Jul 31, 2016 12:35 PM

Oct 2015
Wurstgurgler said:
I can already see that The Earth Church Cult is a Religion of Peace.
No, this isn't right. Terrorism never resulted in peace, yet almost always in war.
Omnia munda mundis
Nov 1, 2016 5:35 AM

Aug 2014
I prefer this kind of episodes to the epic space battles.
This assassination attempts and plotting is the best thing especially coming from the empire side of story.

I wish there will be more of this.
Excellent episode.
May 16, 2017 8:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Kummel events was a suprise, i neve can imagine that he would try to kill Reinhard!!
Reinhard and Marindorf, now is hard to get married!!! i hope this couple end together!!!
Nov 11, 2017 4:46 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
asdfghjkl99 said:
It suited the situation nicely "when your life is threatened, and when you arrest the villain afterwards do you punish the weapons that was in that villain's hands?"

I know I sound stupid, but can anyone explain this quote please? Idk why, I keep trying to understand it but it's not clicking D:

When Reinhard said "YADA", I laughed. There really are few moments where Reinhard seems very young, despite his many huge achievements.
Nov 12, 2017 3:13 AM

Jun 2013
tingy said:
asdfghjkl99 said:
It suited the situation nicely "when your life is threatened, and when you arrest the villain afterwards do you punish the weapons that was in that villain's hands?"

I know I sound stupid, but can anyone explain this quote please? Idk why, I keep trying to understand it but it's not clicking D:

It means that Baron Kümmel (the "weapon") was merely a pawn of the Terraists (the "villain") and that it was pointless to punish him when the Terraists are still at large.
Nov 12, 2017 4:28 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MagisterArcanum said:
tingy said:

It means that Baron Kümmel (the "weapon") was merely a pawn of the Terraists (the "villain") and that it was pointless to punish him when the Terraists are still at large.

Ohh, so that's what he was referring to. Can't believe I didn't realize it. Thanks for the explanation!
Nov 12, 2017 5:50 PM

Jun 2013
tingy said:
Ohh, so that's what he was referring to. Can't believe I didn't realize it. Thanks for the explanation!

No problem. Glad I could help!
Jan 29, 2018 5:50 PM
Dec 2014
Everywhere there's Julian there's trouble lol.
and that quote is just amazing "when your life is threatened, and when you arrest the villain afterwards do you punish the weapons that was in that villain's hands?"
Feb 10, 2018 11:24 AM

May 2016
When that brain came out it reminded me of when I open canned meat and put it in my dish, I will definitely have bad appetite from now on damn it.

If we go back for a few episodes when Reinhard seized the Universe, the Grand Bishop said that they had someone to use in the imperial could it be that it was Kümmel?

I love how badass Reinhard can get and the fact that he is only 23 I still can't believe it, and poor Hilda after all that effort for convincing Reinhard to visit him and that idiot tried to kill him just so he will be remembered, at least he admitted that he will be remembered for his foolishness.

Julian will have a hard time on earth because of the cultists and now the imperial army will join the trouble as well, at least it's going to turn out pretty interesting.
Apr 27, 2018 1:22 AM
Nov 2014
welp, I had thought that Trunihit was out. Glad to see him back.
May 10, 2018 2:19 PM
Apr 2018
Well all knew the assassination attempt was coming, but I didn't think we would get it this early into the season. It all felt a bit rushed to me.

Good to see Kesler back, he's one of my favorites and he handled things well.

Wahlen gets a chance to redeem himself for previous failures by attacking Earth, right as Julian is set to arrive. Julian is cursed with having bad holidays forever. As soon as he arrives somewhere he sees a coup d'etat.

They are finally setting up Hilda to be Reinhard's bride, which seemed to be her destiny from the moment she was introduced. I couldn't work out if Oberstein was for or against it. Her Dad was against it. He really is an arse.

Great to see Ironsheild Muller got promoted. They said he is just behind the top 3 which made me wonder who is the other one besides Mittenmeyer and Reuenthal, is it Bittenfeld? How many promotions until Muller gets to wear a cape like Mittenmeyer?

I was watching this episode with my girlfriend who laughs at me for watching such an old show and I was pausing it to explain all the characters. I was like "This is Bittenfeld, he is always too keen on glory and praise from Reinhard" then immediately he asked to be the one to attack Earth. Such great consistent writing by the show.

Lastly Job Trunicht is amazing. How he keeps his head above water and wins in defeat is incredible. I joke that Oberstein is Little Finger, but it really is Job. I'm kind of rooting for him.
Nov 4, 2018 1:39 PM

Feb 2017
I took a break after getting through half the series, and this was a great episode to return with. Intrigue, action, and Reinhard being a boss. I'm glad the Earth Cult arc is picking up, as it seems really interesting.
Mar 16, 2019 2:12 PM

Aug 2017
Did anyone notice that the episodes from 3rd season are longer? They're 27 minutes now, cool!

This one in particular was quite interesting and leaves some questions for us. Why did Trunicht tell the police about the assasination? Was he just afraid that his connection to the Cult can be discovered and acted to defend himself? Or is there a deeper reason?
Also, we know that the Cult is a military religious organization and it wants to restore the dominance of Earth because it's forgotten now, by letting the Empire conquer the universe (basically done) and than taking down Reinhard (fail). But why does this cult have such a form? Why form a religion? What is its history?

Moreover, why did Reinhard say that sending Bittenfeld and his Black Knights to Earth is "too much" and choose Wahlen instead? Does he value him less? If so, it should have been quite insulting to Valen :D
St0rmbladeMar 16, 2019 3:09 PM
May 23, 2019 1:55 AM
Mar 2019
One of the most intense scenes in any anime I've seen:
Lunch in an outdoor garden with cicadas in the background and the occasional breeze.

Also Terraists or Terrorists, they seem interchangeable and will only grow more similar I think.

When the switch was falling to the ground I couldn't breathe. Fantastic episode.
May 26, 2019 8:43 PM

Mar 2016
Julian just doesn't have any good luck. The first time away from Yang was sent to Phezzan, just when the empire was targeting that planet to be invaded, and now again he's going to another place that is under the radar of Reinhard.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 29, 2019 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
Whoa, the local Julian Minci's Toji Suzuhara was talking about making anime.
Nov 10, 2019 11:29 PM

Oct 2012
Wow Reinhard is actually really wise, "Do you go punish a weapon that has been used by the villain?"
He's totally right, so they didn't punish him xD

He's right, if the earth cult wasn't looking for power they wouldn't bring harm to Kaiser
Let alone someone outside earth

Looks like Julian's journey is full of bad luck
Just when the Empire decide to strike earth, he came to earth
"Signature removed"
Dec 29, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2016
And thus Kircheis saved his life again. Reinhard didn't waver at all, he's truly living by his words that he's looking for a challenge. His current lifestyle really bores him. But most of all, he's longing for the days when he was fighting with Kircheis by his side.

I felt bad for Hilda, tho and Heinrich was a tragic character.

Julian on the other hand is about to get sucked into another conflict.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 16, 2020 12:37 PM

Jan 2020
Always so blinded, trying to be remembered by history. Yet, not learning from history. What drives so many of the characters from this show to that fate? What can be said or done to break this cycle?
Dec 6, 2020 10:20 PM
Jun 2017
We're going into the serious territory here. The series is getting more hard on the administrative side of politics and the action is now more dramatic.

So Reinhard is still Prime Minister. I expected him to lease that position to Oberstein, but I understand his motives to keep it. I didn't expect Oberstein to be assigned the office of Secretary/Minister of Defense, though it's reasonable too as to why he was given that seat in the cabinet (even if I expected him to be the Chief Cabinet Secretary). Anyway, it's worthy to note that Oberstein is the only one from his previous staff to have attained a seat in government, so that shows how much does Reinhard appreciate his abilities.

I expected Count Mariendorf to propose Hilda as his main candidate, so I was somewhat surprised when he denied that intention. Thinking it through, it's true that Reinhard and Hilda's relationship hasn't gone further than what's professionally necessary, unlike Yang and Frederica's.

I cannot help but feel bad for Baron Kunmel. To be honest, I would have done the same in his situation. At least he got what he wanted, to engrave his name into the great book of History, even if it's just a simple footnote. I liked how the situation was handled altogether.

The raid to the EC branch was brutal, though that's to be expected against a desperate or fanatical enemy. It seems that the series has now taken a turn into gore, as the scenes of innards have been on the rise since the battle of Vermillion. Even if the creators only intended them to serve as a shock factor, I think they are useful to make this series down to Earth (pun intended) and remind us of the cruelty and suffering that individuals must face in conflict. So far the only scenes of this matter we had so far were the melee combat scenes and your occasional blood spattering or vomiting (i.e Kircheis, Ovlesser, Ansbach). I still remember when the most brutal scene was that of Jessica Edwards being beaten (to death?).

I also cannot help but feel bad for the Mariendorfs. They have been of great help to Reinhard, and putting them under house arrest (even more when they are his Secretary of State and his private secretary) will only make their relationship uncomfortable. No Hilda von Lohengramm for now, I guess.

Shinigami Julián, the guy who brings the Imperial Navy/Army whenever he travels. I expect to seem some scenes of orbital bombardments, though if they weren't expressly authorized by Reinhard, I doubt we'll get any.

On a final note, there seems to be tensions rising up between the government departments for public order. I believe Oberstein will have a say on the matter when it comes to resolve them, as it has been made clear that he doesn't like inner tensions nor favoritism in government.
Dec 6, 2020 10:25 PM
Jun 2017
St0rmblade said:
Did anyone notice that the episodes from 3rd season are longer? They're 27 minutes now, cool!

This one in particular was quite interesting and leaves some questions for us. Why did Trunicht tell the police about the assasination? Was he just afraid that his connection to the Cult can be discovered and acted to defend himself? Or is there a deeper reason?
Also, we know that the Cult is a military religious organization and it wants to restore the dominance of Earth because it's forgotten now, by letting the Empire conquer the universe (basically done) and than taking down Reinhard (fail). But why does this cult have such a form? Why form a religion? What is its history?

Moreover, why did Reinhard say that sending Bittenfeld and his Black Knights to Earth is "too much" and choose Wahlen instead? Does he value him less? If so, it should have been quite insulting to Valen :D

Yes, I think it was just to prove his loyalty to the new order.

About sending Wahlen and not Bittenfeld, it would be to set your house on fire just to get rid of spiders. To Reinhard, there is no need to mobilize some of his best men in order to deal with an unimportant border planet with no more than 10 million of people, which is home to a religious organization (and so not military). It would be like sending the Air Force to bomb Jonestown.
Jul 28, 2021 1:21 PM

Jun 2020
loool terraist = terrorist
Jul 29, 2021 4:10 AM

Jul 2016
Dr-Eyes said:
I prefer this kind of episodes to the epic space battles.
This assassination attempts and plotting is the best thing especially coming from the empire side of story.

I wish there will be more of this.
Excellent episode.

I feel like the Earth cult is going to be a very political arc.
Sep 3, 2021 12:01 AM

Dec 2018
getting interesting but i'm a bit concerned it's going to be the typical vanilla "religion bad" nonsense which is ridiculously low hanging fruit
May 30, 2022 4:41 PM

Dec 2007
as i figured out some time ago, the story now will concentrate on empire vs earth cult, which i think somehow will give merkatz's force chance to strike.

first time i hear poplan making political statement lol.
poor julian, no matter where he goes war is after him.
Nov 2, 2022 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 30, 2022 4:44 PM

May 2018
Earth's definitely going to lose. No-one can match Reinhard after all
Jan 13, 2023 1:05 AM

Aug 2018
Really intense episode, can;t believe the baron decided that this would be a genius way to go out, I knew Reinhard would find a way to get that thing button thing neutralized. Hilda was really great during the episode too, pretty fortunate that she oinly got house arrest but then again this doesn't seem like her fault. Maybe the whole marriage thing is just bound to happen.

Also great seeing the earth cult getting their asses kicked and commiting mass suicides but pathetic bishop failed to do so, only to end up succeeding later.
Mar 1, 2023 4:58 AM

Jul 2017
one of my favorite episode so far, i love the tension in the scene between Reinhard and heinrich.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Jun 3, 2023 5:58 PM
Dec 2021
this was ok. Waiting for Reinhard's hollowness to come out
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.