Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 26, 2013 1:13 AM

Nov 2012
what a chocolate rohko :3
btw this is the last arc hmm :3 not bad (7.9/10)
at the end junichi dont know rohoko's true feeling :/
Dec 31, 2013 4:09 PM

Apr 2013
Damnit, the girl I was the most interested in got the worst arc and developpment
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Feb 25, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2013
Ehh it was a shame there wasn't much romance in this arc. The childhood friend almost always gets shafted. O well, I enjoyed it still.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 25, 2014 6:22 AM

Apr 2012
phantom19 said:
Ehh it was a shame there wasn't much romance in this arc. The childhood friend almost always gets shafted. O well, I enjoyed it still.
Only implied future development, though with only this level of development they could easily not end up with each other.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 28, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2011
This arc is surprisingly refreshing for me. Despite the fact that Junichi was surprisingly dense in this arc, non-romantic friendship and bonds were well developed in this arc. Not my most favourite, but still a very enjoyable one. Hopefully see them go well! (Anyways, izit just my imagination, or might there be a link between all the parallel universes??!! There was a hint when Nanasaki and Nakata wanted to give Junichi choco...or maybe I'm just thinking too much from all my conspiracy guessings.)
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Oct 5, 2014 11:25 PM

Sep 2014
Whaaat? That's it? No romantic ending? And here I thought this arc would be great since it's my favorite route (childhood friend)..
The farewell is good and all but I was expecting a nice (romantic-wise) ending.. *sigh* Quite disappointed..

~ Adorable clumsy childhood friend route: [✔]

Last arc finally.. Ayatsuji please be kind to me! Let me forget the bitterness of this arc *sniff*
Oct 30, 2014 1:08 AM

Jun 2014
lol, she's still in friendzone
Nov 13, 2014 10:24 PM

Aug 2007
-mmm shoe cream

-"Lonely"
dawww Manaka with the best lines
Jan 5, 2015 12:45 AM
Jan 2014
He didn't even GET WITH RIHOKO!? Fail! It led up so well too, and I liked her. I'm disappointed.
Jan 19, 2015 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
Btw guys.... He does end up with Rihoko in the 2nd season. This arc is necessary for the arc in the 2nd season. Not sure why u guys made such fast assumptions and start talking shit.
Feb 16, 2015 3:42 PM

Dec 2012
This arc actually turned out to be quite interesting. Despite there being no romantic development or confession, I do like how Junichi and Rihoko grew closer thanks to the tea club. I'm a little jaded at how childhood friends rarely get their way, but it was still a sweet display of how the two get along. Also really enjoyed the 3rd years in the tea club, I'm still so-wishing that they had arcs. I do want to see Rihoko and Junichi's romance finally flourish though so I hope that's covered in the sequel.

7/10 for Rihoko. It looks like Tsukasa is finally up to bat, she's come off as the most mysterious both in terms of what she'll bring to the table as well as her personality. I won't inject false expectations but I'm hoping the "save the best for last" rings true here.
Feb 28, 2015 7:33 PM

Dec 2013
No diet win
No romance end
Still tripping over own feet

THIS TRULY SATISFIES NOBODY
Mar 8, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2013
That ending made me... sad :/
In the end, nothing advanced for her, the devellopement was all for the tea club :|
She accept that she's her childhood friend and that nothing will change no matter what. That's depressing... considering all the conclusive ends we had before.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 18, 2015 3:47 PM

Feb 2015
yea ... bad arc
childhood friend and everything rly had potential for a very nice arc but was just becoming sad :/
Oct 27, 2015 9:04 PM

Apr 2015
DAMN! And i liked this girl the most.
Dec 13, 2015 12:01 PM

Apr 2010
Really bad ending imo. :/ Rihoko was such a nice character but the ending disappointed me.
Dec 18, 2015 11:30 PM

Nov 2014
Well, that was................anti-climactic. To say the least. A heroine losing in her own route? Even when there's a best ending? Add to that, the fact that everyone else before got theirs(mostly)? Sounds like shitty adaptation to me. For this route, anyways.

2/5.
VarunaBlesDec 18, 2015 11:37 PM
Mar 12, 2016 8:52 AM
Apr 2015
God I wanted a confession but no, they went with the Normal ending route from the game I'm so pissed goddamn it
May 31, 2016 5:25 PM
Dec 2014
I was fearing it but it happened. Japan hates childhood friends so they screw them whenever they can all the time.

Everyone gets their confession/kiss, yet the one chance the childhoodfriend can have in a omnibus anime doesnt.
Nov 5, 2016 12:04 PM

Jan 2015
I think that, throughout all my journeys on japanese entertainment, I've seen more successful incest relationships than childhood friends ones...

On the one hand, I'm a bit disapointed and angry that she's the only girl that didn't get to have a chance at averageMC-kun. On the other hand, the pacing was quite good through this arc, which makes me feel the previous outcomes were somewhat forced.

Jan 21, 2017 6:09 AM

Feb 2016
Yeah...the cutest girl in the series is the only one who ends up being friends with him.......like seriously ?
This infuriates me soooooooo much >___<
I mean....for god's sake let Rihoko have him already -____-
Can't be bothered anymore
Jan 24, 2017 5:21 PM

Jul 2015
Wow that was extremely disappointing, the fact that they don't end together make this arc a complete waste of time, i don't understand the what went trough the mind of the writer.....
Feb 13, 2017 5:50 PM

Oct 2012
Hmpf. I'm really angry about how this arc ended and at the same time I should say this wasn't as bad episode as down-to-earth slice-of-life is concerned, pretty close to what would probably happen in reality.
It's true that if you live with someone for a long time (as a family or your childhood friend) you can't really grow any romantic feelings to them but come on, Rihoko was certainly in love with him!
This arc has certainly left me down for her unrequited love...

Yet at the same time it was devoid of any pervertness that constantly plagued previous arcs and there were the most side-scenes with other heroines, kinda Amagami setting without romance.

It's really unfair! Rihoko is nice and unselfish so why is she the only one who is denied of her love?
I kind of understand it as in real life it wouldn't probably worked too but this is tv series that should crush those prejudices and fullfil our expectations at least! Sigh.

I really grew to like Rihoko as she is kind and open soul who many people would like to date with, it's just that her arc wasn't satisfactory at all.
Mar 7, 2017 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
Rihoko is more stuck in the friendzone than even Kaoru was. Rihoko didn't get a kiss, nor a hug, not even a confession. In the end, all she and Junichi were, were two friends.
Sure, Junichi joined the Tea Club, but it seemed to be just as much for his senpais as it was for Rihoko :/
Rihoko has desperately loved Junichi since preschool; I was hoping that by the end, Junichi would clearly reciprocate these feelings. Three episodes passed, and Junichi had no romantic thoughts about Rihoko. Some blushes at her in her yukata and physical attraction to her boobs, but nothing more. Four episodes passed, and nothing. The end.
What a damn shame. I really adore Rihoko, too.

Blazor said:
wow why i am not surprised of course the only girl he doesnt end up with is the fat one^^ pathetic...

Jfc, she wasn't even fat...
Jul 12, 2017 10:47 AM

Apr 2013
Holy shit, she actually got friendzone? Of all people it had to be the "fat" childhood friend... O_O

So much yes xD
Feb 26, 2018 6:02 AM

Aug 2017
This is the only arc so far with no confession and closure. I was even starting to expect a fifth episode. I don't mind fatty Rihoko but they should have kissed like every other girl.
May 1, 2018 2:57 AM

Apr 2013
Well that was complete and utter bullshit.
Nov 21, 2018 8:59 PM

Jul 2009
Everything was going well, but wow. She didn't even get any dating scene nor alone time together. I feel like because Rihoko was friend since childhood, they still had to friendzoned her.

It was really teary at the end, with Manaka and Ruriko. I was about to cry a little. It really made me realize how fast high school is.

Still, I'm sure Rihoko will get her chance. If not, play the game! Everyone has a route there!
Apr 29, 2020 12:44 AM

Feb 2018
This is time to Tsukasa show up
Jun 14, 2020 10:31 AM

Aug 2017
Romance wise not that good, there was barely any development, but still fun to see. At least not that boring as the third arc.
Jun 23, 2020 12:24 PM
Nov 2018
I am disappointed that Rihoko didn't get a happy ending. She was very cute and clumsy.
Sep 29, 2020 9:21 PM

Aug 2014

1:15 - 1:21 so true :D

I hope at least in game she gets better ending? Rihoko, Sae and Haruka (can't decide which one is first) are my best so far and I disliked Ai.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 6, 2021 8:01 AM
Jan 2020
Sorry but WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT. It's a ROMANCE anime. Finally, the childhood friend can win but all I got was some ambiguous "I hope my feelings reach him someday" ending. UNFAIRNESS, DISCRIMINATION, BLASPHEMY.

But seriously, this arc had pretty good pacing for 4 episodes. It felt really natural seeing their relationship. I guess an ending like this is more realistic. Still grumbling about the lack of romantic development though.. Dammit Japan, why are you so against childhood friends?
Dec 1, 2021 1:15 PM

May 2020
That was some brutal friendzoning, and so the curse of childhood friend isn't anything new i guess. Poor Rihoko...

Indeed the weakest arc, and with that now only one more to go.
Jan 8, 2022 7:12 PM

Jan 2020
I just finished this arc many years later and boy was I disappointed. There was literally no romance between these 2. Childhood friends almost always get the short end of the stick…
Jan 16, 2022 1:47 AM

Jul 2016
Kinda embarrassing to admit but I almost teared up along with Rihoko when the senpais were giving their farewells.

But man why couldn't they conclude this adorable arc with a confession like every single previous ones? Lol
May 1, 2022 3:21 PM

Mar 2019
Woah, I guess there is no kiss or confession for Rihoko, but at least she's happy with how it ended and also the club is getting attention so can't ask for more. Nice one, but still not as good as the other 3 (besides Sae).

NOWWW, for the arc who might dethrone Haruka's arc and also Haruka herself, it's finally time for Tsukasa's arc!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 4, 2022 4:18 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So no massive romantic development that we usually have gotten at the end of these arcs, but I'm fine with that since Rihoko feels like not much more than a gag character there to be the butt of diet jokes and what not. She along with Kaoru are the romances that I don't really buy- or maybe it's just me not feeling it with the romance between childhood friends in general. But unlike Kaoru, Rihoko is nowhere near an S-tier girl. She's not bad by any means, but again she doesn't seem like anything special and is no better than a C-tier girl. And just like her, this arc as a whole wasn't anything special either and couldn't really keep my attention that well. It was just OK. 5/10

It looks like they kept what is arguably the best arc for the end. I won't say that it seems that most people see the class rep's arc as the best, but percentage wise, I'd say hers would be narrowly taking the lead. Maybe I'll look for a poll later to properly see what people's opinions are. But surely it is either this last arc or the first one with Morishima which people have as their favourites. Starting off strong and finishing strong I see. They hit us with what I'd say is an equally as fun arc with Kaoru to really nail it in that this series would be great. Sae's arc was maybe a bit weaker but still good enough for us to maintain a positive outlook. If there was any doubt in our minds, they came in clutch with Nanasaki's arc which I personally found to be a bit better than Sae's, in terms of enjoyment at least. Then they put the worst arc imo at the best place they could've put it: second to last. That way those who made it this far probably intend to finish it anyway. And to make sure that people leave this with a good impression, they don't put it last, but second to last, and leave one of the if not THE best arc for last. Very well planned out I'd say.

With that said, time to go enjoy what MIGHT be the best arc of Amagami SS.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 5, 2022 10:39 AM
Nov 2019
rihoko is like a breath of fresh air, so lively !
Jan 26, 2023 12:07 PM

Dec 2020
Rihoko easily got screwed over the most compared to the other characters and their arcs so far I think I disliked this arc the most, I thought I was boring.
It must be the childhood friend effect getting always friend zoned, I laughed when I saw this ending.
Feb 22, 2023 12:06 PM

May 2021
By far the most boring girl of this series . Also the ending was sooooo bad 
YubisoftFeb 22, 2023 12:10 PM
Mar 26, 2023 11:11 PM

Jul 2022
That's it? no confession or a time skip? this is the longest route I've ever watched, well childhood friend never wins i guess..
Apr 4, 2023 4:57 PM
Sep 2018
She was cute in her own way but didn’t really get anywhere.

I like the tea club girls but they are little schemers.
Jul 27, 2023 11:17 PM
Feb 2021
Ummm... I've never seen a VN anime where the MC missed a flag before because that's really what this felt like. I wonder if it's actually like this in the VN because, my god, that would be such an underwhelming route.

The route was fine in anime form. It makes sense because the mc has never been anything more than a wet paper bag since the second arc started, and he's really only gotten worse.

Guess class rep is up next, shame there's no teacher or Hibiki arcs.
Nov 13, 2023 4:22 PM

Oct 2022
Ngl, this feels more like an Arc for the tea club than Rihoko's. This arc was fine, it's just that I feel like nothing really happened, no confession or anything that progressed their relationship which sucks and Rihoko deserved better than this. And the ending isn't even satisfying at all.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Anyone still watching this in 2022?

Raibyou - May 4, 2022

43 by nixshiki »»
Mar 18, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jul 22, 2010

352 by Zane_0 »»
Dec 27, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 23, 2010

279 by Bard_Eren »»
Dec 20, 2023 11:54 AM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Jul 15, 2010

300 by Glitterybugs »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » Amagami SS Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 16, 2010

249 by cableguyjay »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.