Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2010 7:21 PM

Oct 2010
gdone123 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Conqueringgodess said:
For those that wonder if Kanon really forgot or not then the answer is in the spoiler below, I don't recommend seeing it but some people love to get spoiled, for more spoiler you can come ask on my profile, I love talking about this show/manga.

But how is that even possible? All girls are supposed that memory wipe! I demand a manga chapter to check to see the answer to this.

here (don't ever blame me for spoiling you):
I understand better all this, thanks for all those spoilers you guys and as usual Keima's kiss are great! :D

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 17, 2010 7:23 PM

Sep 2008
well my guess that a third of the episode is music was right, though thats not so hard to guess.

also im slightly feeling disgusted by all these large manga spoilers being posted here. that subplot gets introduced at the 2nd half of the manga, and we are only at the very start. why mention about it now of all times

anyways, i found it amusing citron group was mentioned mored than in the actual manga arc, but they shouldve expanded that side of the story (the whole group break up) instead of putting 3 songs at the end. also when kanon is asking keima to be with her forever, i like the desperate expression she has in the manga than the 'he understands me' love expression. but thats just me.
atruong18Nov 17, 2010 7:30 PM
Nov 17, 2010 7:31 PM

Jul 2008
atruong18 said:
well my guess that a third of the episode is music was right, though thats not so hard to guess.

also im slightly feeling disgusted by all these large manga spoilers being posted here. that subplot gets introduced at the 2nd half of the manga, and we are only at the very start. why mention about it now of all times

Hence the three layer security, only those that want to know shall knows.
Nov 17, 2010 7:37 PM

Sep 2008
Conqueringgodess said:

indeed. curiosity kills the cat.
though other people's spoilers dont have the luxury of a three layer security, but feels like a 'i know the truth so i need to show it off' type of thing. its one thing if its a character spoiler, but this is a plot spoiler.

also im ending this discussion here since i dont want this to somehow become a flame war
Nov 17, 2010 7:42 PM

Jul 2008
atruong18 said:
Conqueringgodess said:

indeed. curiosity kills the cat.
though other people's spoilers dont have the luxury of a three layer security, but feels like a 'i know the truth so i need to show it off' type of thing. its one thing if its a character spoiler, but this is a plot spoiler.

also im ending this discussion here since i dont want this to somehow become a flame war

Oh flame war, don't get me wrong I tough we were nicely discuting :P.
At first I wanted to respond only to one thing but this one thing lead to even more question that would probably be asked so I detailled more but I guess it's true I went on a little too much =/.
Nov 17, 2010 7:45 PM

Nov 2010
This is off-topic but...

What terrifies me more than trolls and flamers...

Gnomes... :(
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Nov 17, 2010 7:52 PM

Oct 2010
Keima is so cool. I kind of like the way he is ^.^ I guess I will start the manga O.o feedback will be appreciated
Nov 17, 2010 7:53 PM

Sep 2008
well the way i generalized it means that i meant about other people as well. and i dont know if they will get offended by that or not.

also you need to fear the bunnies

anyways, to bring this back to the actual topic. just have the cake episode, and probably 3 episodes of shiori left. still hoping for a sneaked in ep13 of ch4 and not just plain skip it.
Nov 17, 2010 8:03 PM

Jul 2009
TITS (in teh shell)~

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 17, 2010 8:05 PM

Jul 2008
BitchMaster said:
TITS in teh shell~

Lol
Nov 17, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
CTash said:
Everything was good, but do they really wrote "Fine" at the end of the episode enstead of "Fin"

I think you need to create grammatically correct sentences before questioning that.
Nov 17, 2010 8:48 PM

Feb 2010
Zzzzzzzzzz. boring arc.

I enjoyed the other arcs much more... glad this one is over.

I think this show is quality otherwise....

Her final song grew on me though..... >_>;;;
Nov 17, 2010 8:53 PM

Sep 2008
KANON-CHAN SAIKOU!!!!

I love concerts =D
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Nov 17, 2010 9:13 PM

Jul 2010
MusashiRose said:
Zzzzzzzzzz. boring arc.

I thought it was a kind of boring arc, too. I also liked her final song (the slow one). Then they had to follow with the "Happy Crescent" song. Ugh... annoying song, but somehow catchy. And now it's stuck in my head. :(

At least at the end of this arc I didn't mind Kanon so much. I hated her in the first episode, she got better in the next, and in this one she was all right. I suppose it all evens out in the end. Nice touch at the end there for her to sing that last short song by herself. And I lol'd at the "FINE" instead of "FIN." XD
Nov 17, 2010 9:20 PM

May 2010
moar elsy plox... nice ballad song from kanon
all in all good ep

~Nyaaa~

Nov 17, 2010 9:51 PM
Feb 2010
"I swear to god, i love Kanon-chan!"
- Koi-phan

Okay jokes aside, its finally the end of Kanon's arc.

Now personally, i enjoyed this arc the most among the 3 that aired, i mean the songs are nice and Kanon is actually cuter here compared to the manga. Anyways, highlights of the arc as a whole.

Overall Comment: The arc as a whole was greatly enjoyable, from Kanon's songs to her fans (srsly, even the elderly likes her songs XD), Elsie's actions in this arc was also a nice sight. Anyways, its a nice arc, the best of the first 4 actually (manga wise)
Overall Score: 10/10
KoisolaNov 17, 2010 10:10 PM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Nov 17, 2010 9:55 PM
May 2010
Really didn't appreciate the 8 min of songs. They could've done this arc in 2 episodes if they didn't feel like wasting so much time.
Nov 17, 2010 10:09 PM

Aug 2010
Iisan-kun said:
Really didn't appreciate the 8 min of songs. They could've done this arc in 2 episodes if they didn't feel like wasting so much time.

Coz Kanon is "Special".If you know what im talking about that is :D
Nov 17, 2010 10:16 PM
Feb 2009
too bad isnt that get deeper than that
Nov 17, 2010 10:20 PM

Oct 2008
MusashiRose said:
Zzzzzzzzzz. boring arc.

Agreed.
The reason that she felt she could not do it alone, after having so much success, just doesn't make sense. Keima really didn't do much to deserve having her attention. Disappointing arc... The flow of the last 3 episodes was pretty poor.
Episode 3 is still the best episode by far.
Kind of losing my anticipation every week to watch this show. Hope it improves.

And... they got to sell songs I guess? Too many insert songs are not good either.
Nov 17, 2010 10:26 PM
Jul 2009
my favorite arc so far... and I loved the songs.
Nov 17, 2010 10:36 PM

Sep 2009
Personally, I could have done without all, or at least most, of the insert songs, as they just seemed to drag out the episodes after a while. At least the chances that we see the librarian girl read books out loud for 8 minutes are pretty slim. Liked the rest of the arc well enough though.

I kinda wish that they would have added an extra girl or two into this season, just to quicken up the pace a little bit. 3 episodes seemed like a lot for one heroine, at least at this point when Keima is burning through them pretty quickly.

And I want some freaking firetrucks.
Nov 17, 2010 10:50 PM
Feb 2010
Omniknight said:
Agreed.
The reason that she felt she could not do it alone, after having so much success, just doesn't make sense. Keima really didn't do much to deserve having her attention. Disappointing arc... The flow of the last 3 episodes was pretty poor.
Episode 3 is still the best episode by far.
Kind of losing my anticipation every week to watch this show. Hope it improves.

And... they got to sell songs I guess? Too many insert songs are not good either.

IIRC, her previous group was quite sucessful before they disbanded, maybe thats the reason why she's afraid that she could not do it, the event left her with the fear that she'd not succeed and that fear is further amplified by the loose soul residing in her. Hence explaining what she saw and heard in the mirror.

And really, how is the flow of the past 3 ep poor? The main point of the arc aside from the spirit capture is to show how Keima helped Kanon to overcome her fear and shine on her own, not as a idol but as a Star and i think the events flowed perfectly - From not being her fan, to being her pillar of support, to being the one to tell her to shine on her own.

IMO, this is one of the best arcs in both the manga and the anime.

Oh and, the songs (All 4 You, LOVE KANON and others) will be avaliable on 3rd March and "Happy Crescent" will released with Kanon's character song album which will be released on Dec 15.

EDIT: Actually, every capture in the manga involves Keima helping the girl overcome their problem and IIRC, theres only 1 capture thats an exception to this.
KoisolaNov 17, 2010 11:10 PM

Nov 17, 2010 10:55 PM

Jun 2010

Hilarious this episode had more music than an entire season of K-ON!
Nov 17, 2010 11:01 PM
Feb 2010
Sartaj said:

Nov 17, 2010 11:08 PM
Oct 2010
Episode 5/6/7 all pissed me off >!
They made the idol girl over dramatic.
Hopefully it gets better from here on out -.-
Nov 17, 2010 11:18 PM
Feb 2010
Hypnosis said:
Episode 5/6/7 all pissed me off >!
They made the idol girl over dramatic.
Hopefully it gets better from here on out -.-

I hate to repeat what i said but her actions here are caused by the loose soul in her.
They -the loose souls- amplify negative feelings and also cause their host's behaviour to change, stronger spirits ofc will be able to manifest their powers externally, with said powers having something to do with their host's problem (in Kanon's case, invisibility due to fear of being not known)

So yeah, the 'real' Kanon should be alot better than the one seen in her arc.

Oh and, it does get better. Tho it'll probably take till season 3 for the anime to reach its peak.
KoisolaNov 17, 2010 11:22 PM

Nov 17, 2010 11:51 PM

Jan 2009
Enough with Kanon already. Thank you.
Though her first song in the episodes was actually good. Unlike the other crap songs, that one was bearable.

The coming arcs better be good, and preferably not more than 2 episodes this time >.>
Unless they feature some awesome heroines.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 18, 2010 12:54 AM

Jan 2010
I didn't like Kanon, yay for new arc.
Nov 18, 2010 1:07 AM

Sep 2009
some elcea pplz?

Nov 18, 2010 1:29 AM
Feb 2010
Inarius said:
some elcea pplz?

If my guess is correct, the next ep should be about Keima and Elsie.

Nov 18, 2010 1:51 AM
Nov 2010
For those of you who laughed at the Fine instead of Fin, you should go look in a music dictionary.

Reference 3:13 of the recent episode. "D.S" is a musical symbol standing for Dal segno.

Combining this reference with the Fine, you get D.S. al fine. This tells the performer to go back to the "S" shaped symbol and then end. D.S. al fine usually indicates the final chapter or event in a piece similar to how Keima predicted this final event.

If you think about Kanon's arc, this fits perfectly. The D.S symbolizes her return to the beginning, i.e. before the current arc and the reasons why she developed the gap. Fine (pronounced fee-ney) stands for the end symbolizing the complete cycle and resolution of Keima successfully capturing Kanon. She even sings the song from her earlier idol days right before the Fine.
SlifimisNov 18, 2010 1:56 AM
Nov 18, 2010 2:17 AM
Feb 2010
Slifimis said:
For those of you who laughed at the Fine instead of Fin, you should go look in a music dictionary.

Reference 3:13 of the recent episode. "D.S" is a musical symbol standing for Dal segno.

Combining this reference with the Fine, you get D.S. al fine. This tells the performer to go back to the "S" shaped symbol and then end. D.S. al fine usually indicates the final chapter or event in a piece similar to how Keima predicted this final event.

If you think about Kanon's arc, this fits perfectly. The D.S symbolizes her return to the beginning, i.e. before the current arc and the reasons why she developed the gap. Fine (pronounced fee-ney) stands for the end symbolizing the complete cycle and resolution of Keima successfully capturing Kanon. She even sings the song from her earlier idol days right before the Fine.

That does tie in with the arc.
Great find *thumbs up*

Nov 18, 2010 2:27 AM

Oct 2010
Personally there is something that did require sunglasses but compared to the manga it was not that bad in the spoiler

The really good thing compared to the manga to me was the fleshing out of Citron:

they showed them better and much more. Like many other people said, I will mention I too was surprised they memory wipe failed on one event, that of Kanon having a conversation with Keima when he drinks coffee. That being said Kanon was at the brink of being completely invisible during this episode, thing that bothers me is would she be consumed if she did continue to be invisible?

TBH Kanon won my appreciation after the loose soul went out of her and (why was it so easy to capture it compared to the other ones?) she starts her concert. I think I will forget how she was when she was possessed and will stick with the image of her at the end of this episode.
Koi-phan said:

That does tie in with the arc.
Great find *thumbs up*

TBH I too am enlighten by this.
BitchMaster said:
TITS (in teh shell)~

I am dense, explain the joke of this other than the Ghost in the Shell reference.
Yumekichi11Nov 18, 2010 2:31 AM

Nov 18, 2010 2:39 AM

Feb 2010
the pop show is finally over....
Nov 18, 2010 3:00 AM
Feb 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
thing that bothers me is would she be consumed if she did continue to be invisible?

Technically, yes.

The spirit in Kanon is a level 2 one, being able to manifest its power, not on its own will but by the problem of its host. Hence the reason Kanon only turns invisible when ignored.
Now, if Keima didn't manage to capture it in time and it grows to a level 4 and above spirit, it -the spirit- will most likely consume Kanon and on top of that regain its power.

KoisolaNov 18, 2010 3:06 AM

Nov 18, 2010 3:25 AM

May 2009
Thought the arc was a bit long in relation to the earlier ones, but that was a very nice conclusion. Keima was at his best when he needed to be and I thought Kanon's concert was pretty good, particularly the first song. And the final scene was touching.
Nov 18, 2010 3:31 AM

Oct 2010
Koi-phan said:
Yumekichi11 said:
thing that bothers me is would she be consumed if she did continue to be invisible?
Technically, yes.
The spirit in Kanon is a level 2 one, being able to manifest its power, not on its own will but by the problem of its host. Hence the reason Kanon only turns invisible when ignored. Now, if Keima didn't manage to capture it in time and it grows to a level 4 and above spirit, it -the spirit- will most likely consume Kanon and on top of that regain its power.
That's insane so it could gotten to level 3 easily and continue to quickly gain level 4. Good thing Keima has a 6th sense for if he did not detect something fishy at that time who knows if he even would have noticed Kanon while being completely invisible. Also you do know that most likely it was the loose soul playing a mind game with another Kanon in the mirror part. Demons tend to play tricks and this one managed to do one to trigger Kanon thinking she is ignored. Worked out pretty well don't you think?
Koi-phan said:
Do wonder about the

Nov 18, 2010 3:42 AM
Feb 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
That's insane so it could gotten to level 3 easily and continue to quickly gain level 4. Good thing Keima has a 6th sense for if he did not detect something fishy at that time who knows if he even would have noticed Kanon while being completely invisible. Also you do know that most likely it was the loose soul playing a mind game with another Kanon in the mirror part. Demons tend to play tricks and this one managed to do one to trigger Kanon thinking she is ignored. Worked out pretty well don't you think?

That'd actually make sense since the souls are able to amplify negative emotions, so the reflection Kanon saw in the mirror could be the amplified version of her fear. And actually, it made her lose confidence in herself and made her remember what happened to Citron in the past, thus making her invisible.
(Personally, i think the gap in Kanon's heart was her fear of failing and becoming ignored again)

Yumekichi11 said:
Koi-phan said:
Do wonder about the

KoisolaNov 18, 2010 3:55 AM

Nov 18, 2010 3:56 AM

Oct 2010
Koi-phan said:
Yumekichi11 said:
That'd actually make sense since the souls are able to amplify negative emotions, so the reflection Kanon saw in the mirror could be the amplified version of her fear. And actually, it made her lose confidence in herself and made her remember what happened to Citron in the past, thus making her invisible.
(Personally, i think the gap in Kanon's heart was her fear of failing and becoming ignored again)
Indeed that is also as I though it out. Might be interesting how the same plays out with the next girl. Mio I also had the impression that the lost soul was playing her mind out with her father. When I re-watch in BD might want to think about it.
Yumekichi11 said:

Yeah but you are referring to the big demons, the small ones might be able to be killed. Thanks for the info in the spoiler.
Yumekichi11Nov 18, 2010 4:01 AM

Nov 18, 2010 4:07 AM
Feb 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah but you are referring to the big demons, the small ones might be able to be killed. Thanks for the info in the spoiler.

Quite true. Tho i don't recall what happens to the spirit after being captured tho (note: it could've been said in the manga but i don't remember it) so my guess is that they're stored until they can be sealed again.

Okay perhaps i should just end this here to avoid telling more spoilers >.>
KoisolaNov 18, 2010 4:17 AM

Nov 18, 2010 4:25 AM

Oct 2010
Another interesting note in the mirror of 2 Kanons, the light blinking is a foreshadow of the loose soul being a interference. Most paranormal movies have this effect and even documentaries referring to haunted mansions. Just reminded myself at that part.

Nov 18, 2010 4:50 AM

Jan 2008
That song was AWESOME!

I don't care if it's a strategy to make more money or what, i enjoyed the animations and there's hell alot of movement. People really don't have to tell the whole world how much they hate those scenes, it just spoils the mood. Anyway, 3eps of kanon with alot of singing is nothing compared to anime that repeated 8eps.

Too bad that song 'Love Goal' will not be in the character album and will only be release on the 3rd of march 2011 (Kanon's birthday).
Nov 18, 2010 4:56 AM

Oct 2010
id said:
Too bad that song 'Love Goal' will not be in the character album and will only be release on the 3rd of march 2011 (Kanon's birthday).
That's the song she sung during her concert when she first shows up? Crescent Love looks pretty upbeat so I will content myself with that but the rest will be only on 3rd March? Too bad for the wait.

Nov 18, 2010 4:59 AM

Feb 2010
Darn...Keima didn't do something for this flag...

though not really against it...

1st arc - 1 ep
2nd arc - 2 ep
3rd arc - 3 ep

that does mean that the last arc in the anime will use 4 episodes?

and yeah...quote on the First post.

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

arggg...why are guys so stubborn...
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 18, 2010 5:11 AM

Oct 2010
Cashdaxxx said:
1st arc - 1 ep
2nd arc - 2 ep
3rd arc - 3 ep
Next episode might be a filler for the cake chapters. Apparently they are fun so comedy wise it should be as good as episode 4 or better.

Nov 18, 2010 5:14 AM

Jun 2009
Cashdaxxx said:

My guess is most likely 3, the same with Kanon and they will end this with a non-arc chapter episode from the manga.
Nov 18, 2010 5:18 AM

Feb 2010
-Quasar said:
Cashdaxxx said:

My guess is most likely 3, the same with Kanon and they will end this with a non-arc chapter episode from the manga.
hmmm....non-arc?? you mean the "forget me since I've caught you!"-pattern??
it failed this time...right??
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 18, 2010 5:32 AM

Jun 2009
Cashdaxxx said:
hmmm....non-arc?? you mean the "forget me since I've caught you!"-pattern??
it failed this time...right??

Hmm okay, I didn't quite follow that but I mean, it will most likely be just like the Endless Loop Game Episode, more like a filler but isn't actually a filler since it's in the manga or maybe, half episode filler and half episode introduction on the next girl as a teaser for the next season.
Nov 18, 2010 6:20 AM

Feb 2009
Ahaha I was right. Kanon sang after the kiss. Manglobe is putting all the stops here. The BGM and the backgrounds were great. And more singing that puts K-On!! to shame xD.
I liked the part when the streetlights were starting to light and Keima did a take there and noticed Kanon.
Kanon having 3 episodes for her arc may be due to the recent happenings of the manga, which everyone knows by now due to the tremendous amount of spoilers in this thread :|. Or maybe the director simply likes her xD.
In any case, this was really a great episode and arc, much better than the manga.
Next episode is a break from a capture right? The cake chapters. Wonder how they'll play it. I can already guess but let's leave it for next week.
This is in tie with Arakawa s2 for my favorite show this season :D
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

345 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 12, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

198 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

247 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Inarius - Oct 6, 2010

364 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 5, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2010

212 by Antanaru »»
Nov 20, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.