Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 3, 2016 12:48 AM

Mar 2015
This necro tho.

Good fansubs often have karaoke, but I can live without them.
Nov 3, 2016 9:06 AM

Dec 2015
I like singing, though I'm too shy to do so in public. I try to find subtitles that include karaoke lyrics, but if they don't I can always search Google for them.
Nov 3, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2016
I don't mind not understanding the lyrics. The beat and rhythm is what really makes a song good. The subs during songs just make the screen crowded, and confuses me when sub dialogue is also being shown.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Nov 3, 2016 9:28 AM

May 2009
I thought this thread would be about karaoke versions of OP/ED/insert songs being available on the soundtrack or the single releases.

If anything, I care about those more than having the lyrics displayed on screen, since I can usually find the lyrics some other way on the internet.

I don't usually sing along to words anyway. I don't even understand the Japanese. Besides, I usually end up looking for an English (or lately, Spanish) fandub, if I really like a song. Sometimes I go and make my own.

I guess I wasn't the only person who misunderstood it, but in a different way:

Zynol said:
LOL ok when I first read this, I thought you meant a karaoke night scene in anime or something. Apparently you meant the subtitles showing lyrics and stuff. Pretty sure almost everyone else on this forum thought what I did first.

Nah, not that important to me. If it was, I would look it up or something.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 3, 2016 9:29 AM

Aug 2014
I like subbed openings, so I can understand and see how it relates to the anime, but I don't really care for it per se. Whether it's karaoke or not doesn't really matter, though I can see it being fun.
Nov 3, 2016 9:48 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I don't mind. It's not like I can sing, anyway.
Nov 3, 2016 9:57 AM

May 2009
I just sing the melody.

Frankly speaking it's the only part I can make sense of. I have musical tastes but understand no Japanese.

Heck, it even makes sense that I don't much mind dubbed songs. I know some people who hate dubbed songs, but I find them kinda charming, even when they're imperfect.
Nov 3, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
Why would I care about karaoke? It isn't even a thing in the netherlands anyway....
Nov 3, 2016 11:56 AM

May 2009
Milk_is_Special said:
Why would I care about karaoke? It isn't even a thing in the netherlands anyway....

You can certainly do the singing in the comfort of your own home though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - Yesterday

46 by GentleDragonite »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 6 hours ago

21 by r3v3l3v3l »»
3 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 9 hours ago

8 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

70 by Pikmin404 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

158 by WaffleMaster89 »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.