Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2010 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The battle was so severe!

Summary
tsubasaloverNov 15, 2010 11:27 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 15, 2010 3:20 PM

Jul 2008
Well, the action was nice and all, but I still kidna miss the comedic version from manga :(

And two big changes concern me:
Nov 15, 2010 3:24 PM

Nov 2009
That sunset was not convenient. The kid getting stuck in the ruble was not convenient. The door getting jammed was not convenient. The third light bulb going out was not convenient. Wow, so much shounen fail. I expected better. What i would give for a show that would allow the protagonist to keep his identity without having amazing luck or mentally incapable friends.

The battle was not bad, but they didn't live up to the build up expected. We got two minutes of him being sliced up easily, yet again, and the other half of the episode of the guy freaking out. You would expect more when he turns into a giant and slaps around the other youkai. Nice to see night Rikuo in action again though.
(Very bad 3/10)
Nov 15, 2010 4:04 PM

Jul 2009
ROFL!
"I wasn't accepted by society..."
Uh... it has nothing to do with your tongue hanging three feet out of your mouth...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 15, 2010 4:10 PM

Aug 2008
This was complete BS. Not only did they change the scene but they completely changed my favorite backstory in Nurarihyon! I'm really not the type of person to complain over fillers but doing this to my top favorite series is annoying. Very Lame

I hope to god they can make this up.

Nov 15, 2010 6:01 PM

Feb 2008
This episode were pretty all right only a few episodes till the end weee!!!

No more Nurarihyon!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 15, 2010 6:46 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lame again. Why can't they stick to the original story? Reminds me why I never watch action shounen anime adaptations.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 15, 2010 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
At the end of the episode, i kept thinking Tamazuki was going to kill Inugami
Nov 15, 2010 8:16 PM

Feb 2009
betsuni78 said:
And he was suppose to. Inugami should be no more by now. I have no idea why they let him live and what will this do in future episodes.
And no Tamazuki transformation either.
And what is up with that sunset? Fast forward? Inugami's holding Rikuo up high that long huh.
And no history about how Inugami is created.
At least Inugami's transformation was good, and they kept Night Rikuo's appearance in the curtains. Fight was ok, wish would have been longer. The change of locations just to keep Kiyotsugu in the dark was lame.
Not a bad episode, but I still prefer the manga version of this part.
Nov 15, 2010 8:17 PM

Oct 2010
betsuni78 said:

Ah me too and then he just shows some protective soft side O.o I have a feeling that the ending is going to be very different than the manga.
I like the anime and I love the manga, and although I understand adaptations are needed because it's only 24 episode, I think they did not need to change the episode so much.
BTW, wasn't episode 20?
I don't want the anime to end though :'(
Nov 15, 2010 8:23 PM

Feb 2009
Just to clear things up, this is episode 19. The Gyuki arc summary episode (that everyone hated) is not episode 13 but Episode 12.5. The official website is the source.
Nov 15, 2010 10:44 PM

May 2008
Lol the whole team got owned real quick

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 16, 2010 1:44 AM

May 2010
Pretty dissapointing. The inugami-fight during the school-festival was my personal higlight of this arc in the manga.... but they just ruined it. And no funny Kubinashi-scene where inugami tried to bite him in the neck :(

1/5 'cause the animation wasn't that bad.
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
Nov 16, 2010 1:44 AM

Jul 2009
Getting really annoyed with how they are dragging out each episode. Almost reminded me of watching DBZ as I was yelling 'get on with it!' Hope that the last few episodes picks up the pace, and stops wth the pointless interludes
Nov 16, 2010 1:50 AM

May 2010
Does the human rikuo always this useless, i know he is weak but come on he can at least do something against inugami instead of just waiting for the night time to transform and the fight was weird i mean they both slice each other up but how come i don't see any mark or blood at least (especially on inugami the fact that he did get a few cuts from rikuo).

However i like about a short scene on how inugami become attached with tamazuki, inugami survives and the part where shima saw kubinashi head flying over him that was just funny.

MyAmyNov 16, 2010 1:53 AM
Nov 16, 2010 3:00 AM

Jun 2008
this whole episode I was just listening to Inugami, thinking "geez, how emo is this kid??". from here I see either Tamazuki killing him off or Rikuo "reaching" him with some sappy s*** and getting him to renounce his evil ways. if not one, it'll probably be a combination: Rikuo "reaches" Inugami and Tamazuki atempts to kill him only to be saved by Rikuo causing Inugami to be eternally grateful for his kindness.
Nov 16, 2010 3:10 AM

Feb 2010
this show turns into one big failure....
Nov 16, 2010 3:13 AM

Jul 2008
Does the human rikuo always this useless, i know he is weak but come on he can at least do something against inugami instead of just waiting for the night time to transform

As far as I remember, in manga Day Rikuo took care of his bad sides by using cunningness. But for some God knows which reason, the Director thought that Day Rikuo must show his useless side to be deeper -_-;
I mean, the Gyuuki arc was supposed to show that Rikuo can take care of himself.
Nov 16, 2010 7:53 AM

Dec 2008
wheresthehandle said:
ROFL!
"I wasn't accepted by society..."
Uh... it has nothing to do with your tongue hanging three feet out of your mouth...

QFT and LOL!!!!

Oh, Kubinashi, you sexy floating headed yokai!! You arrived just in time and you represented!!
Tamazuki is an ass and Inugami needs to just die. He is nothing but a big jealous crybaby and is disgusting to look at.
Nov 16, 2010 9:31 AM

Aug 2008
So much potential yeah lacking in every aspect.
I find it kinda lame, every time the bad guys get away and no one dies.

And what happened to the spider-looking yokai chasing Yura and the others?
Did they just magically disappear? >.>
Nov 16, 2010 11:04 AM

Oct 2010
I have just started reading the manga and I just can't understand the need to change things so much. The ep was good but I think it's way better done in the manga.
Nov 16, 2010 2:11 PM
Dec 2007
It was filled with so many animation flaws and script approximations that it's not even funny. A huge disappointment.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 16, 2010 2:17 PM

Nov 2007
The people who are making the anime are idiots why would they choose now to diverge from the manga especially when the way things went in the manga were a thousand times better than the shit they pulled in the last two episodes.

This part of the story was supposed to show that Rikuo can transform during the day as long as it dark where he is and that the Tanuki dude doesn't care about his allies. The dumb asses making the anime failed to do either of these.

Also Inugami is supposed to be dead how much more can the plan to do with him.

Sorry this episode just pissed me off and I needed to rant.
Shadow_StriderNov 16, 2010 2:21 PM
Nov 16, 2010 4:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fortunately, I did not have the expectations very high since episode 3-4. I think it's a big failure in terms of animation budget, sound effect and plot line. It just fails miserably compared to the original manga.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 16, 2010 5:25 PM

Jul 2008
Ok I just don't care anymore how much they screw up the adaptation.
This anime is such a letdown, the manga is FAR better in every aspect and I reccomend it to people.
Nov 17, 2010 12:34 PM

Jun 2009
FTW.. all posts until now are against this ep xD
This ep was kinda good, Buuuuuuut it was a bit exaggerated about the sunset^^ >.>(Think am going to read the manga since many says it's better than anime !)

Nov 17, 2010 5:05 PM
Aug 2010
i always enjoy seeing rikuo fight but i really would like to see his grandpa fight again that episode was the most epic just for his s peach ;)
Nov 18, 2010 6:57 AM

Aug 2009
Kinda boring, as usual :X

Nov 18, 2010 1:13 PM

Jun 2008
Ekvi said:
Kinda boring, as usual :X

right you are. at this point I'm just watching out of obligation in hopes that my waiting and patience will pay off later in the series. and here we are just a few eps from the finale....
Nov 18, 2010 2:18 PM

Jul 2008
Well, the actual action starts AFTER the Shikoku arc so you probably won't see it in this season :P
(that bad thing about making a shounen show last only around 20 episodes... majority of them become good after around 25 episodes :P )
Nov 18, 2010 2:37 PM

Jul 2008
Nayrael said:
Well, the actual action starts AFTER the Shikoku arc so you probably won't see it in this season :P
(that bad thing about making a shounen show last only around 20 episodes... majority of them become good after around 25 episodes :P )

No way that with this shitty quality it is getting a second season.
Nov 19, 2010 2:14 AM

Jul 2008
Depends on the sales, not quality. While the sales were not top-notch, they weren't horrible either.
Also, the mainvillain of the next arc already got a VA so it seems that S2 or a immediate continuation is already in works :P
Nov 19, 2010 2:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
They should really improve the quality of the adaption before going into the second season. Otherwise it's going to get butchered....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Nov 20, 2010 7:17 AM
Aug 2010
hey! where'd the revelation that rikuo can transform even when it's day as long as it's dark part go? where'd the inugami history go? where'd the tamazuki kills inugami part go? and where'd the tamazuki transforms into his youkai form part go? too many important things got removed!
they shouldn't attempt a second season.
i'd rather have another studio animate this from the start, stick to the manga plot's greatness, and try to cover the whole story even if they have to make fillers to make sure they don't catch up to the manga.
bobon721Nov 20, 2010 7:20 AM
Nov 20, 2010 9:35 AM

Jun 2008
The battles really need improvement in this show. They are a little anticlimactic.

And lol at Inugami. Dude your tongue is hanging under your chin and you wonder why people where looking you in a strange way and weren't very social around you?
Nov 20, 2010 11:19 AM

Jun 2008
Shadow_Strider said:
Also Inugami is supposed to be dead how much more can the plan to do with him.

he is dead actually? oh noes, i really liked the guy =[
Nov 22, 2010 7:18 PM

May 2010
The scene with Yuki-Onna and night rikuo was kinda cute, loled at Karasu-Tengu crying. I don't have s ingle thing to complain about really but I must check out the manga when this finishes, must be epic.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Nov 24, 2010 4:36 PM

Sep 2008
Tsurara protecting Rikuo was the best part.
She definitely deserves him after that, that and her practically laying on top of him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2011 9:35 AM

Feb 2011
although short time battle
i think this episode is good
they even add funny scene in the battle scene
i wonder what shikoku yokai will do
5 more episode left
Apr 2, 2012 3:40 AM

Oct 2009
That was so lame, is that all there is to Inugami? Pretty bad, disappointed..
Dec 27, 2013 4:25 PM

Jun 2012
For some reason, I just can't appreciate the anime. I keep comparing it to the manga. Oh yeah, I wonder whats gonna happen to Inugami, the battle ended differently in the manga so I'm curious.
Jan 15, 2015 6:29 AM

Jun 2014
Tsurara activate's Frost's snow globe, super effective!

Of course, antagonist waits for night to come before attempting to kill target for the sake of plot convenience.

Regresses back into human form, with clothes. Come on even the hulk regresses into a naked human.

Mar 27, 2015 9:08 PM

May 2014
The thing that concerns me is that how can they escape whenever theyw ant to lol. Seriously. So convenient to avoid a battle lol.
Apr 5, 2015 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
That was one hilarious fight. No comment lol.
Aug 2, 2020 9:56 AM
Oct 2019
Shima is funny. The battle in the auditorium and then on the street was meh.
Jul 22, 2023 9:40 AM

Nov 2010
Saori in uniform is a hottie. I love her boobies. How come Shima or Kiyotsugu aren't sexually interested in her?
So foolish of Shouei to charge in alone when he's not strong. I thought he could take out some demons and at least wound that giant.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deadaccount0000 - Jul 5, 2010

155 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 17, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 6, 2010

37 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Dubbed or Subbed? Witch one is better?

Zmagoo256 - Apr 26, 2020

2 by Mazdite1 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:15 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 6, 2010

113 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:03 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bolt_ - Aug 30, 2010

73 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 1, 2023 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.