Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 23, 2017 8:35 PM

Aug 2013
Man the dialogue between Reinhard and Yang was absolutely amazing, I could really feel the underline tension hidden behind the friendly smiles and warm chuckles.
Nov 9, 2017 5:48 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I feel like Emil did poison Yang's coffee, but Yang just luckily avoided it because he's a tea person. If Emil did, then we would probably know later. But if we don't hear anything about it, then I'm wrong and he really was only giving Yang the stink eye XD

But yeah, like everyone else said, amazing episode. Despite being on different sides, they aren't enemies, they are civil and respect each other. As for the content of their discussion, we once again see Yang's wisdom. It's really wonderful that he has such insight, however, I keep feeling that despite his wisdom, he's able to do little with it, except to influence others and give them a broader view of the world. I guess maybe that's what's important? He's not the hero, but the one who will create the hero...or something. Lol. While Yang says a lot of thought-evoking things, my main reason for rooting for Reinhard is because Reinhard acts upon his ideology and tries to better the world for the people. I basically agree with Seabury's post. But Yang is an interesting character in that way. If the opposing side was like Reinhard, then we'd have a very different story.
Feb 9, 2018 2:08 AM

May 2016
"If only my friend was alive you would be here but not alive"

That was actually pretty rude to say but hey it's the blonde brat
We are talking about, I wonder if that is true.

That mother fucker Trunhit run away damn I wanted him to die
A miserable death.

The earth cult has some nasty plans and I think Reinhard's next
Struggle gonna be them not the FPA.

And Finally, Yang got married, I don't think his retirement will last
Much long.
May 2, 2018 4:24 PM
Apr 2018
That meeting between our two leads was amazing. Loved the battle of ideals and was happy Yang got to retire early.

I feel bad for Oscar. Oberstein became the third person to express concern with his motives. Yes, we the viewer, know he's up to no good but nobody else should. He's never done anything to make them doubt him. He's always carried out Reinhard's wishes with total efficiency. By doubting him for doing nothing wrong they are justifying his eventual coup and it could have Mittenmeyer come to his defence.

I was kind of disappointed by the plesent interaction between Muller and Wang. Muller vowed he wanted to kill Yang so to see him be all smiles as kind of a let down.

Hilarious that Job Truiht saves his own skin yet again!
May 7, 2018 10:43 AM
Sep 2016
It was traditional - if foolish - for pre-Industrial generals to meet and be polite to each other after a battle. What’s interesting here is that Yang knows it was only luck that stopped him from killing Reinhard and yet, with his life in the kaiser’s hand, he doesn’t back down from his principles. Of course, Reinhard was never going to kill him, but both men have stared down the barrel of the other’s gun and walked away. I can’t imagine a better series than this.
May 26, 2018 10:01 PM

Apr 2017
eyerok said:
well you guys pretty much summed it up for me. Except for this one thing...it was really heart-wrenching to see Reinhard finally winning everything but losing the only two people int he universe he cared about. One is dead, the other wont see him. *ends emo rant :P*
I know I am 8 years late with this quote lol but I agree. I felt really sad when watching him look at the throne and they both were standing there.
Sep 26, 2018 6:30 PM
Apr 2018
Yang and Reinhardt meeting was intense, I couldn't believe it was going to happen.

Everything is pretty much solved, as far as the Alliance-Empire war goes, I wonder what will happen next.
Sep 26, 2018 10:44 PM

Feb 2017
LotGH predicted built-in webcams over the monitor of laptops. Impressive.
Feb 4, 2019 10:32 PM

Feb 2017
Sieg Kaiser Reinhard.
Mar 13, 2019 3:40 AM

Aug 2017
CyberNT said:
hamune76 said:
The right to violate the rights of the people belongs to the people...

Why should they have the rightt?

That was a very strange statement indeed. Maybe it is not a very good translation of the original japanese phrase? I got the feeling that the point of this Yang's speech was that in an autocracy it's easy to make the sole ruler responsible for all mistakes, and in a democratic state this responsibility can somehow be distributed between everyone because people vote for the government, and thus democracy is better regardless of how good an autocrat can be. It makes a bit more sense from Yang's point of view than "the right to violate the rights of other people belongs to the people", I guess.

Also, what was exactly the reason for making Lennenkampf responsible for ruling the FPA? He is said to be bad at administrative tasks and he holds a grudge against Yang and FPA because of his silly losses, so what's the point? Does it serve the purpose of weakeking FPA's economy by assigning it a ruler with military principles so that it cannot become the 2nd Phezzan? Okaaay, it makes sense, probably.

Finally, Yang retires, but nobody can give him his pension now. What a pity.
St0rmbladeMar 13, 2019 7:11 AM
Mar 13, 2019 6:53 AM

Jun 2013
St0rmblade said:

That was a very strange statement indeed. Maybe it is not a very good translation of the original japanese phrase? I got the feeling that the point of this Yang's speech was that in an autocracy it's easy to make the sole ruler responsible for all mistakes, and in a democratic state this responsibility can somehow be distributed between everyone because people vote for the government, and thus democracy is better regardless of how good an autocrat can be. It makes a bit more sense from Yang's point of view than "the right to violate the rights of other people belongs to the people", I guess.

Also, what was exactly the reason for making Lennenkampf responsible for ruling the FPA? He is said to be bad at administrative tasks and he holds a grudge against Yang and FPA because of his silly lossses, so what's the point? Does it serve the purpose of weakeking FPA's economy by assigning it a ruler with military principles so that it cannot become the 2nd Phezzan? Okaaay, it makes sense, probably.

Finally, Yang retires, but nobody can give him his pension now. What a pity.

Well, Yang believes that democracy is better than autocracy because good governance in a democracy is ultimately the responsibility of the people. Whereas in an autocracy people can simply shove the responsibility to the king/dictator/etc if anything bad happens.

As for Lennenkampf, he's not actually ruling the Alliance; rather he's been appointed as the Imperial high commissioner to the Alliance. Normally that would mean that he would simply be an ambassador representing his country, but given that the Alliance has been reduced into a client state of the Empire, he would have the discretionary power to influence the internal affairs of the Alliance. Whether his appointment is necessarily a wise one would be explored in Series 3.

Also, since the Alliance government still exists (albeit in a weakened state), Yang would be able to claim his pension =)
May 7, 2019 7:44 AM

Jan 2013
The meeting was epic. It sent chills down my spine.
May 12, 2019 5:03 AM

Sep 2013
I don't understand why Reinhard's sister didn't go to his coronation.
May 21, 2019 12:43 AM
Mar 2019
My heart kind of exploded when I saw Kircheis and his sister on both sides of the throne. Especially with Kircheis' smile. Ouch.

Loved the discussion between Reinhard and Yang. Felt like it was straight out of a philosophy textbook and I ate it all up.

Got some nazism vibes from the coronation and I'm not sure how to feel about that because I think Reinhard in the balance is the more just leader to have considering the corrupt politics of the Alliance.

Also, the earth cult looks pretty lame honestly, I haven't been disappointed so far with this show so I'm sure it will turn out fine but after the conflict of Yang and Reinhard it just feels like a step down.

Loving the show, well worth the time spent to watch it so far
Jul 20, 2019 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
Damn, does Yang need to ask with the question to Julian about his friend with "what's that?" everytime? Lulz sometimes Yang can be sneaky in a certain context hahaha
Nov 9, 2019 5:02 AM

Oct 2012
Yang actually got a better ending that I expected, but is it actually the end though?

Looks like the sick Empire noble will become a "thing" for the earth cult
This doesn't look very good

Damn Reinhard, that ending is just sad.. I want to cry for him :(
"Signature removed"
Nov 9, 2019 10:43 AM
Oct 2019
Solipsism said:

I'm disappointed that Reinhard was so ready to just let Erwin Josef and his imbecilic captor/guardian go free. That's probably the most idiotic thing he's done/said so far, in my opinion. If Oberstein hadn't been there, he would've just forgotten all about Josef, and then ten years down the line the little monster would resurface somewhere and Reinhard would be like "FFFFFUUUUU." As it is, that'll probably happen anyway, since they *obviously* won't catch him, but at least Reinhard can't pretend to be surprised when it happens. You NEVER let the infant successor to the throne go free. EVER. That's like, Despotic Usurper Overlord Cardinal Rule Number 3.

It's totally in character though. Remember how he spared the rebellious nobles' young sons? From Reinhardt's perspective, he owes the boy his shot at replacing him - and may the best man win.

I still predict Reinhard turns into Hitler... it just hasn't happened yet. >_>

He's not a Hitler. He's a Napoleon+Alexander mashup, having the former's approach to statecraft and the latter's style of assembling an adoring all-star officer corps.
Dec 28, 2019 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
It was a shame that Yang had to lose like that, but damn, him and Reinhard meeting gotta be one of the most EPIC moments in entertaiment history. I couldn't stop grinning due to the awesomeness.

Another emotional moment was when Kaiser Reinard saw Kircheis and Annerose;_;

Can't wait to see the new direction of the series. It will surely be amazing as well.

Earth Cult about to make a move. I was already wondering what kind of role Hilda's sick cousin would play, but I guess it's his time now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2020 7:40 AM

Jul 2019
The best moment was looking at Reinhard's empty desk, since he wanted to talk with Yang as an equal.
Dec 1, 2020 11:05 PM
Jun 2017
This is the best episode of the series so far, not because of its content, but its importance. Same as with the last episode of the first season, we see Reinhard in a great position of power, but alone. He is condemned to bear the Crown alone.

But the war, apparently, has ended. The bluntest proof of this is how Muller personally met and talked with Yang when he went to the flagship, even if he swore to take his head some day.

The meeting between Yang Wenli and Reinhard von Lohengramm is of pivotal importance. We were allowed to review their ideologies and understand them better. I wonder if they will meet again.
I don't know with whom of them should I side, as they both made very good points. Democracy has many vices, though it's true that leaders like Prince von Lohengramm are very rare, spawning once in a couple of centuries, or maybe more. On a related side note, I was expecting for Kircheis to be brought unto the table. His legacy will definitely live on until the very end of this story. On another side note, unrelated this time, what did Emil do? What about his strange look to Yang? Why did Yang look at the coffee so suspiciously? Did Emil spit on the coffee... or something worse?

Now its time for the Earth Cult to be introduced into the play. We have seen their movements from backstage, now it's their time to be brought into the spotlight. I'm very eager to see Julian and Mashengo in Earth. Has it changed in any way? Is it under control of the FPA, or is it an autonomous, forgotten planet? What caused Earth to lose its influence? The Galactic Empire, the Dominion of Phezzan, the Free Planets Alliance, the Earth Cult... Who will be left standing in the end?

Talking about the Crown, I'm glad my regency's worry was finally cleared, though it didn't last more than a few seconds. And thus the Lohengramm Dynasty is born. Well, at least the Reign of Lohengramm, as there are no heirs nearby.

Even when Yang was discussing Reinhardt's death, I always thought that in the case of his absence, the Empire should absolutely be ruled by a triumvirate made up of Oberstein, Reuental and Mittermeyer. That would be the administration plus the force of arms needed to maintain stability and order. Regarding Oberstein, I totally feel he had another secret reason to reject names for the consulship. I always felt that he wanted the position for himself. After all, his talent as an administrator has been shown many times, even being appointed as the head of the administrative commission and the representative of the Empire in the treaty signing. About that, I was expecting Truniht to be lynched. It did not happen, sadly. Anyway, I wonder if Oberstein will remain as Chief of Staff, or if he will get another position. Maybe the office of Vice-Prime Minister, or the Prime Ministership itself. Nevertheless he has truly shined as a grey eminence.

Regarding Reuental... I don't like him. I do not trust him. I side with Oberstein here: he should be kept safely locked. Maybe it's because I am some sort of omniscient spectator, but we both reached the same conclusion. He is so dangerous that Oberstein could feel it.
Regarding Mittermeyer... I can only hope he gets to stop Reuental right on his tracks before it's too late.

I very much liked the Coronation. Reinhard did keep true to his beliefs and, as Napoleon, crowned himself, showing that he will not bow to any living man. Any living man, as Kircheis and his sister Annerose (and possibly Fraulein Mariendorf in the future) will always have a great influence over him.
On a final note, that scene of the soldier crying while everyone was praising Reinhard was really moving. That's what you feel when you are witnessing History being made.

Sieg Mein Kaiser! Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!
PaulotronatorDec 2, 2020 8:27 AM
Dec 2, 2020 8:25 AM
Jun 2017
DoorSSBM said:
My heart kind of exploded when I saw Kircheis and his sister on both sides of the throne. Especially with Kircheis' smile. Ouch.

Loved the discussion between Reinhard and Yang. Felt like it was straight out of a philosophy textbook and I ate it all up.

Got some nazism vibes from the coronation and I'm not sure how to feel about that because I think Reinhard in the balance is the more just leader to have considering the corrupt politics of the Alliance.

Also, the earth cult looks pretty lame honestly, I haven't been disappointed so far with this show so I'm sure it will turn out fine but after the conflict of Yang and Reinhard it just feels like a step down.

Loving the show, well worth the time spent to watch it so far

The extended hand salute wasn't invented by the NSDAP. In fact, it had been used since the Roman monarchy.
Jan 5, 2021 3:44 PM
Apr 2016
I've been wanting for those two, Yang and Reinhard, to meet for so long, I've always had this feeling that they'd get along so well. Their conversation was very interesting, both proposed convincing points about their political beliefs.
Feb 16, 2021 1:24 AM

Oct 2015
Both the moments (The meeting and Reinhard's coronation) carried such an impact. Easily one of the top anime episodes I've seen.

----

Lets see how the Earth Cult plotline gets resolved.
Jun 17, 2021 4:25 AM

Jul 2016
SaiDrew said:
Yang and Reinhardt meeting was intense, I couldn't believe it was going to happen.

Everything is pretty much solved, as far as the Alliance-Empire war goes, I wonder what will happen next.

Earth cult to make their move!
Jun 29, 2021 9:38 AM

Nov 2018
If we took out the Earth Cult shenanigans this would've been the perfect ending and I would be completely satisfied with it. But that's not it, we're only halfway through. What else is to come? Only moving forward we'll know.

I wish the whole episode was just Yang and Reinhard talking/debating over everything they've been through, their beliefs, struggles and their plans towards the future, their conversation was neat but didn't satisfy me entirely, I can only hope for them to meet again some day under either similar or different circumstances, any will satisfy me. Now to move forward on.
Jul 27, 2021 12:25 PM

Jun 2020
nah fk reinhard mans bcumming sus
Dec 23, 2021 9:12 AM
Nov 2020
Not only do we finally get one of the greatest meetings of two characters in any anime ever, with a conversation just as incredible as we'd all hope for.
Jan 9, 2022 6:19 AM

Sep 2020
Alwrite them meeting was so good and well done possibly one of the best moments in anime, yang has retired soemthing he had dreamed of, Julian's gonna visit earth, don't know what the grand Bishop is planning
Jan 13, 2022 5:24 PM

Jan 2016
Reinhard and Yang meeting was reason alone to love this episode. God knows we have been waiting for this moment for a while.
Mar 29, 2022 1:15 AM

Sep 2021
What a great episode. Finally the two greatest military tacticians meet face to face.
Seig Kaiser Reinhard!
May 28, 2022 6:23 PM

Dec 2007
yang's best phrase yet: "the tea have strange flavour when there's 40,000 of enemy ships around you"

yang and reinhard meeting was badass. couldn't imagine much better psychological confront in anime, it was so damn epic.
though reinhard is right about "yang's extreme ideology", that's what actually makes his character so good lol.
man i had a huge smile on my face and i rewatched their conversation at least 3 times.
this episode just felt like a movie lol.

but the rest of the episodes just showed me that it's not the end.
and my anticipation from them all is to see yang's role in the next stories.
i actually can't believe i forgot, but i'm much interested to know if yang would still make that "cheap trick" on the isserlohn.

finally the earth cult seems to take the bite, i wonder though if they will deliver as the series did 'till now.

oh and i forgot to say. oberstein really knows best for reinhard, seems he sees much more than reinhard himself about reuenthal.
User-NameMay 28, 2022 6:29 PM
Jul 13, 2022 9:44 PM
Jun 2022
“The end of the beginning” so it seems…

Maybe it was just me, but for the last 10 episodes I felt kinda bored during this whole Operation Ragnarok. Couldn’t shake off the feeling that the Alliance was cartoonishly dumb or that the Empire was dragging a bit. Even the Battle of Vermillion wasn’t as good as I was expecting it to be (Amlitzer is still the most exciting and well-done battle in the series).

However, this last episode got me hyped for this show again. Now that the Great War is over, we’re gonna see if Reinhard can govern the WHOLE F’N UNIVERSE (SIEG KAISER). Also, Yang really deserves some downtime. After this last campaign, he’s definitely my favorite character in LOGH, alongside Lohengramm, Schekoopf (badass and surprisingly thoughtful) and Oberstein (calm, cold and calculating). Speaking of Yang, I’m also very excited to see Julian’s journey to Earth. It seems that these Terra Cultists are a force to be reckoned with. I could go on speaking about all the plot threads for season 3 to explore (Isehorn’s trap, Merkatz’s band of rebels, The Wedding, Reuental’s ambitions, Trunhit, Lex Luthor - I mean, Rubinsky -, that sickly cousin…), but I’ll just say this: LOGH is truly special.

Season 3, let’s go!
Aug 30, 2022 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch
Fortress_MaximusOct 14, 2022 3:15 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 24, 2022 8:47 AM

May 2018
Yang can finally retire now lol. I hope he enjoys the rest of his life with Frederica
Jan 12, 2023 4:48 AM

Aug 2018
Finaly the meet everyone has been waiting for happened, for me this is one of the most memorable moments in all of anime , rewatched the whole sequence since I liked it that much.

I expected Reinhard to go easy on Yang and even offer him some sort of big position and as expected Yang graciously declined. Their clash of different beliefs were perfectly shown here, and Reinhard was really respectfull towards Yang during whole converstation, even was happy to hear that Yang wants to retire. No doubt that this proves why Lohengramm is such an outstanding and rare kind of leader, he literaly let Yang and all of his men go, where so many different leaders would've done different.

The coronation scene and Reinhard's arrival to the capital were both glorious, beautiful and emotional, specially whole crown picking up scene where he sees Kircheis and his sister both standing there only to realise its not the outcome he wanted after all. Now hes a leader of whole galaxy and its gonna be interesting as hell to see where things will go from here and how will he handle everything.
Feb 28, 2023 3:28 AM

Jul 2017
one of the greatest episodes I ever seen in my life
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Mar 22, 2023 10:47 PM
Sep 2021
SIEG KAISER REINHARD!
Jun 1, 2023 9:40 PM
Dec 2021
good episode, need to re-watch Reinhard and Yang having their chat, so much political philosophy to take in. 
Jan 23, 6:59 AM
Nov 2021
SIEG KAISER REINHARD
Mar 24, 7:06 AM
Apr 2021
Man, not gonna lie, Yang being a racist (in the FPA of all places) DEFINITELY sours my overall view of the character.

And personally, that Julian kid is kinda annoying. Always being right and smarter than everyone with decades more experience gets kinda old to me.

The FPA surrender happening half way through the series lets me know there is a lot more story left to unfold.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.