Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2012 11:00 AM

Jan 2012
I like Saito a lot, hope he won't die. In any case, I was surprised that Aizu forces lost so easily.

Jul 7, 2013 3:27 AM
Jul 2018

Everyone is dying. >__<
Jul 21, 2013 1:27 AM

Apr 2010
o_o I hope Hajime doesn't die, that'd be lame. . . . Really.
Sep 12, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2011
death after death after death :( all my precious characters :'(

But Saitou made a knot in my throat :(. I guess he was more precious to me than the others. :(

f
Nov 16, 2013 8:01 PM

Feb 2011
Soooo happy to finally see an episode focused on Hajime, but reallllly bummed we're probably not going to see much of him again even if he's allowed to live. Oh PLEASE let him live!
Jan 2, 2014 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
Just when Saitou finally got screentime, and it was his downfall. Why are the Shinsengumi getting beat up like this? :/
Apr 16, 2014 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
death flags everywhere

my second fave just died...now they have to torture me by killing my fave?? :'(
May 16, 2016 3:50 PM

May 2013
Saitou bb, pls be okayyyyy Q____Q
Jun 2, 2016 9:15 AM
Jan 2016
Dammit omg my third favourite character is dead I have only one favourite character left which is heisuke I hope he doesn't die too.dammit
My favourite who died till now
1- okita T_T T_T
2- harada T_T
3- saito T_T

Also does anyone know where shinpachi is?????????
Apr 26, 2018 9:54 AM
Apr 2018
Zahra-chan said:
Dammit omg my third favourite character is dead I have only one favourite character left which is heisuke I hope he doesn't die too.dammit
1- okita T_T T_T
2- harada T_T
3- saito T_T

I've never felt like I related so much to someone in my life. MY EXACT SENTIMENTS.

I really hate how the anime is killing off every character. I've started feeling like shit since the first character death, and when it's becoming obvious they're killing the Shinsengumi episode by episode, separating them - it really destroyed my heart :( considering that I loved those characters too. LIKE YOU MENTIONED.

I won't go as far as hating the entire anime, but perhaps only this part of the plot where everybody dies. I've got this hypothesis that even Hijikata dies in the end, leaving Chizuru alive. That'll suck, because everyone dies except for the burden I hate the most.

Oh God.

Let me take this chance to rant, because I really didn't have the chance to otherwise. But I really hated Chizuru. Like, does anyone else feel the same as me? What's wrong with her?

Hands down, I got to admit that she has really good personality in the sense she's upright, pure, and all. She's mighty nice. However, she has to relook on how much of a burden she's being to Shinsengumi. I've no idea how she's kept alive until now - when all she's done is yell whenever she's in danger instead of using HER DAMN SWORD. She has a sword and learnt sword fighting skills for a reason, but instead of putting those skills into use in dire circumstances, she stones like a statue and waits for someone to save her.

She has to stop. And start being more independent. And can I also rant how much of an extra she is? She butts in and says her irrelevant feelings, shooting off her words like she knows so much. But she's overly naive and dumb. I can't tolerate it.

Useful characters like the members of Shinsengumi had to pass on and leave the world, which I really couldn't wrap my head around.

It's awfully ridiculous to have all of them dead. It's so cringey to have the heroine still alive and all. I'm seriously upset about this all, and I needed to get this off my mind. That this anime is great, except for the trashy part which is killing all the characters.

I can't deem it as shitty just because they died though, I mean to be fair they are samurai and they are already convicted to die since the start. As warriors on the battlefield, they have always been ready to die to protect what they love and care for. I really felt that they had admirable deaths and I just can't help but to feel a strong sense of respect.

Although they're not in the living anymore, at least they fought as hard as they could before their deaths and that's all which matters. Let's not mention that although they are dead, they aren't really dead because their heart still stays with the living.

I know I'm exaggerating a lot for an anime, but that's just how I feel about the whole storyline so far. Although I'm still unable to comprehend why the developer of Hakuouki had to go so far to kill everyone loveable in the anime, I guess it's also to prove a point and push through some sense of grim realism.

Really enjoyed this series, and I'm carrying on watching. But I admit that it really is tragic watching this. It's not for the weak-hearted...
May 26, 2018 9:46 AM
Jan 2016
justduckyxx said:
Zahra-chan said:
1- okita T_T T_T
2- harada T_T
3- saito T_T

I've never felt like I related so much to someone in my life. MY EXACT SENTIMENTS.

I really hate how the anime is killing off every character. I've started feeling like shit since the first character death, and when it's becoming obvious they're killing the Shinsengumi episode by episode, separating them - it really destroyed my heart :( considering that I loved those characters too. LIKE YOU MENTIONED.

I won't go as far as hating the entire anime, but perhaps only this part of the plot where everybody dies. I've got this hypothesis that even Hijikata dies in the end, leaving Chizuru alive. That'll suck, because everyone dies except for the burden I hate the most.

Oh God.

Let me take this chance to rant, because I really didn't have the chance to otherwise. But I really hated Chizuru. Like, does anyone else feel the same as me? What's wrong with her?

Hands down, I got to admit that she has really good personality in the sense she's upright, pure, and all. She's mighty nice. However, she has to relook on how much of a burden she's being to Shinsengumi. I've no idea how she's kept alive until now - when all she's done is yell whenever she's in danger instead of using HER DAMN SWORD. She has a sword and learnt sword fighting skills for a reason, but instead of putting those skills into use in dire circumstances, she stones like a statue and waits for someone to save her.

She has to stop. And start being more independent. And can I also rant how much of an extra she is? She butts in and says her irrelevant feelings, shooting off her words like she knows so much. But she's overly naive and dumb. I can't tolerate it.

Useful characters like the members of Shinsengumi had to pass on and leave the world, which I really couldn't wrap my head around.

It's awfully ridiculous to have all of them dead. It's so cringey to have the heroine still alive and all. I'm seriously upset about this all, and I needed to get this off my mind. That this anime is great, except for the trashy part which is killing all the characters.

I can't deem it as shitty just because they died though, I mean to be fair they are samurai and they are already convicted to die since the start. As warriors on the battlefield, they have always been ready to die to protect what they love and care for. I really felt that they had admirable deaths and I just can't help but to feel a strong sense of respect.

Although they're not in the living anymore, at least they fought as hard as they could before their deaths and that's all which matters. Let's not mention that although they are dead, they aren't really dead because their heart still stays with the living.

I know I'm exaggerating a lot for an anime, but that's just how I feel about the whole storyline so far. Although I'm still unable to comprehend why the developer of Hakuouki had to go so far to kill everyone loveable in the anime, I guess it's also to prove a point and push through some sense of grim realism.

Really enjoyed this series, and I'm carrying on watching. But I admit that it really is tragic watching this. It's not for the weak-hearted...

You probably finished it by now but it's following history most of the shinsengumi die. And yh chizuru is annoying but I mena i never really minded her like she wasn't important for me
May 27, 2018 10:18 AM
Apr 2018
Zahra-chan said:
justduckyxx said:

Oh God.

You probably finished it by now but it's following history most of the shinsengumi die. And yh chizuru is annoying but I mena i never really minded her like she wasn't important for me

Yeah.. I finished the whole series. Oh well..
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

160 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 18, 2023 5:01 AM

» Why didn't Chizuru... (spoilers)

AriAkiko - May 8, 2011

12 by Kana-Cucumber »»
Aug 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

56 by SenChen »»
Sep 22, 2017 2:30 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2010

100 by MelMelMel »»
May 11, 2017 11:33 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Hekketsuroku Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 28, 2010

49 by Zahra-chan »»
Jun 2, 2016 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.