Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2008 7:24 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yang just continues to prove why sub-commanders won't cut it on his battlefield. Even though it'll only be for the start, finally Reinhard gives him a fight on even terms. He'll need to win quick though to avoid being seriously outnumbered. Reuental could be a problem. He gave the impression that he wouldn't go completely with the plan. He'd be branded as a traitor if he outright refused to help but he may be able to make his arrival as slow as possible.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 15, 2008 12:50 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, they're really hinting at Reuental's betrayel here. That'll be interesting to see how it'll effect Mittemeyer, if it happens.

This is definitely getting epic, Yang vs Rienhard coming up again.
Oct 25, 2008 7:17 AM

Aug 2008
Looks like Reuental is going to betray Reinhard soon. I wonder what kind of effect that will have on Mittermayer.

Epic battle about to happen between Reinhard and Yang.
Oct 25, 2008 11:17 PM

Jan 2008
Yang's victories prove that he's amazing, but even so, it makes us feel as if his talents are wasted on the corrupt Alliance. If the Alliance was just a bit stronger, then we'll have a much grander battle, on even ground, between Yang and Reinhard.

If only Yang was Fleet Admiral during the battle of Amlitzer...
Nov 24, 2008 7:04 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
hehe...Reinhard sounded very happy to confront Yang (nearly in a friendly way...)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 21, 2009 6:26 PM

Apr 2009
With the possible betrayal of Reuental, and Yangs surprise left at Iserlohn, the second half is probably going to be more thrilling and action packed than the first.

At the moment, since there's no way Reinhard will be defeated here because he hasn't become Kaiser yet, I dont see how Yang will be able to survive. And yet, I cant imagine Galactic Heroes without him.
Osaka117Jun 21, 2009 7:23 PM

Sep 7, 2009 11:20 PM

Jun 2009
This is either Reinhard's most brilliant move or a deadly mistake. Either way, I respect him for it and, in a way, I hope he wins. The problem is that I like Yang alot, as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 16, 2009 5:08 PM

Jan 2009
I can hardly see Reuental betraying the empire; "And what if we wouldn't return?" He could be also implying that he could be defeated while trying to get into the supply lines of the FPA.

I really hope nothing happens to Reinhard or Yang, but this was an obvioulsy upcoming battle for both of them, they are trying to kill each other this time, and this time, is a deathmatch.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 17, 2009 2:29 PM

Jan 2009
First off, I would love to know how the canons fired by Yang's fleet become a sort of Thor Hammer-esque attack when focused on one point. Other than that, that strategy by using the black hole was too awesome for words. Also, Yang's brand of humor is very much welcome in a show where death is always near by.

XD
Jan 10, 2010 3:06 PM

Apr 2009
heh i didnt think that Reuental will betray lol..
i was thinking about loosing his fight not betraying .. that is kinda interesting..
why the hell he would do that.. he seems to be on their side

DAMN the series are getting better and i will have soon the exams
FUCK
May 1, 2010 6:19 PM

Aug 2008
Wow. Yang owned them with a black hole. That is about as epic as you can get.
Jun 12, 2010 3:07 PM

Feb 2010
DAMN the series are getting better and i will have soon the exams
FUCK

This. ^^

I can't help but ask myself how the cast will look after this season. I predict drastic changes. Epic series :D
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 20, 2010 11:35 PM

Aug 2008
oh boy oh boy oh boy! I can't wait to get to the next episode. Though I can't see Reuntal pulling a stunt during this pivotal battle. If he doesn't come to his aid, there are several other fleets that will be flying there in his stead.

Aug 21, 2010 7:34 PM
Jun 2010
Omg, this episode was EPPPIIICCCC. I'm starting to like this show.

Yang Wenli owning some noob imperial admiral 2 times. This guy is brilliant.

Reinhard's speech at the end was great.

Reuental is thinking of betraying Reinhard... that's going to be something interesting.

Aug 21, 2010 10:01 PM

May 2010
Man, the show could end after this battle, if I didn't know it was 110 episodes! But to the people watching these OVAs as they were coming out, this must have seemed like the end. How can you follow up Ragnarok and the Battle of Vermillion? Well, obviously it will follow them up just fine, given the high ratings I have little need to worry :)
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 3, 2010 3:53 AM

Jan 2010
i predict that yang will outsmart reinhard :-)

he's again full of himself,and that usually doesn't end well :p

on another note,i watched 50 episodes yay :)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 28, 2010 12:29 PM

May 2010
Why would Reuental betray the Empire? I don't think he would leave without Mittenmeyer.

Damn you Yang! If you continue to make my Reinhard-sama's blonde hair angry, I am going to remove you from my favorite character list, I swear.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 28, 2010 12:29 PM

May 2010
Why would Reuental betray the Empire? I don't think he would leave without Mittenmeyer.

Damn you Yang! If you continue to make my Reinhard-sama's blonde hair angry, I am going to remove you from my favorite character list, I swear.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 29, 2010 6:56 AM

Sep 2008
Confucius said:

lol..oh you haven't seen the last of it yet, trust me.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Mar 27, 2011 5:40 PM

Aug 2009
Confucius said:

Man, I want to see Yang get angry himself. He is always so chill. I just want them to like...freak the fuck out at each other in space with weapons. ^^

ANYWAY.

It's getting really exciting.
Aug 15, 2011 5:20 PM
Jun 2011
Confucius said:

Hahaha...I really did laugh out loud. Yang is seriously working the empire. Reinhard should be more upset, but he's so excited to battle Yang. This should be epic!
Nov 18, 2011 1:43 PM

Mar 2011
Yang using a giant black hole to his advantage? That's epic.
Dec 9, 2011 5:03 PM
Feb 2011
Again... Fuck Star Wars. A fleet battle with a freaking BLACK HOLE in the background. Imperials got sucked into it. Holy shit man.
Jan 15, 2012 1:10 AM

Sep 2009
I just loved the begining of the episode.
"So uh Jullian. Why are you even here? And you...and you...and you....AND YOU."

And thats not how black holes work.
=3
BUT IT MAKES IT WAY MORE DRAMATIC.
I loved the super special awesome beam they pulled out of nowhere. That was really cool.
I'm thinking they could do it because of the gravitational pull of the black hole or something.

And Mr.Two Coloured eyes is totally going to betray them. its only been hinting at it for the past fifteen episodes.
Feb 8, 2012 8:09 PM

Aug 2010
Oh shit HERE WE GO
Apr 14, 2012 10:01 AM

Feb 2012
I feel conflicted about this episode. On the one hand, the battle with the black hole in the background felt really stupid because it defied the physics of what black holes are supposed to be like (not just according to recent discoveries but basically since Stephen Hawking's theory in the 70s I believe). On the other hand, the episode had some moments of Reinhard greatness that showed why so many people have him as a favourite character.
Apr 30, 2012 7:46 PM

Feb 2012

I had several things to comment on after the episode, but Reinhard von Bishounen made me spontaneously forget them.
May 17, 2012 9:46 PM

Aug 2010
Things are about to get serious. I like both Reinhard and Yang a lot so I don't know who to side with.

It looks like Oscar is going to betray Reinhard.

5/5 for this episode.
Jun 6, 2012 12:27 AM

Jun 2009
Excellent episode, it had both Yang and Reinhard at their absolute best. I liked the scenes at the beginning, and totally loved Reinhard's speech at the end.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 9, 2013 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
I am a guy but I am rooting for Reinhard now ... :p
I am in Reinhard's side, I support him to win over Yang amen ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Sep 18, 2013 11:15 PM

Nov 2009
I wonder . . . If this will be the moment Reuentall or however the heck his name is spelled will betray Lohengram. I doubt it, but who knows.

Anyways it's kind of weird, it makes it seem like Reinhard is no match for Wenli in battle, but weren't they equal? (although Yang seemed to always be able to predict and counter Reinhard's plans while the same could not be said about Reinhard predicting Yang's plans)
Sep 30, 2013 5:02 PM

Jul 2011
wakka9ca said:
hehe...Reinhard sounded very happy to confront Yang (nearly in a friendly way...)

Well I'm definitely happy and excited to see this confrontation.

Ahhh! I don't want either of them to die though. I wish Yang got captured instead and met Reinhard in person. Maybe have a good conversation too. :>

I love the black hole plan. People actually got sucked in! XD

And Reinhard in a sleeprobe. :3
Dec 17, 2013 8:09 PM

Feb 2013
I rather enjoyed Yang's black-hole strategy there. He sure showed them who's boss.
Mar 4, 2014 1:39 AM

Sep 2008
Since when helium explodes?

Reuental is going to betray Reinhard and Reinhard is going to face Yang in the epic battle! Shit will be going down!
Jul 13, 2014 5:18 PM

Sep 2012
Tsukaji said:
Since when helium explodes?

Exactly, this didn't make any fucking sense. And there is no oxygen in space, therefore there can't be flames too.
If the containers were filled with both hydrogenium (NOT HELIUM) and oxygen, then that would've made sense.
Aug 7, 2014 3:18 AM

Nov 2013
Oh gosh Reuental what are you doing :(
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 28, 2014 11:19 PM

Dec 2013
Oh no. Please Reuental don't do anything rash :((

Personally I'm hoping that Reinhard will win this one...
Sep 28, 2014 11:19 PM

Dec 2013
Jim_Heart said:
I am a guy but I am rooting for Reinhard now ... :p
I am in Reinhard's side, I support him to win over Yang amen ...
AMEN
Nov 9, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
Vexper said:
Oh gosh Reuental what are you doing :(

Hopefully not what it seems he's doing :(
Mar 3, 2015 6:00 PM

Aug 2014
Ok, I'm calling bullshit. I saw that trap with the black hole from a mile away, so, it seems quite stupid that a ranked officer with actual experience didn't expect anything. The only time anyone in this show says that something is a trap, it isn't and they get destroyed because of it, but then, when there's actually a trap, (an obvious one at that) they have no suspicions at all and they also get destroyed. I'm starting to think Wenli's fleet has plot armor confirmed.
May 29, 2015 5:03 PM
Nov 2014
Reinhardo-sama best character, his speech + dat ost = amazingness.
Jun 12, 2015 2:50 PM

May 2012
Nice development, I like where this is going for sure!
Jul 3, 2015 3:48 AM

Dec 2013
Feels like this series is coming close to an end with this upcoming confrontation.
Oct 6, 2015 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
Reuental "And what if we wouldn't return?" I think Reinhard will be forced to retreat
Apr 8, 2016 11:05 AM

Jan 2014
How admirable of Reinhard to acknowledge his rival's strength and superiority in some areas.
Jun 15, 2016 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
"Yang Wenli is a coward"
Yeah, I have a feeling this Emil kid is going to be a huge annoyance in the future...Way too much of an ass-kisser for my liking.

Do I sense a betrayal from Reuenthal in the near future? I hope I'm wrong.
KashKetchumJun 15, 2016 4:58 PM
Jun 15, 2016 6:41 PM

Jun 2013
Kryptiq said:
"Yang Wenli is a coward"
Yeah, I have a feeling this Emil kid is going to be a huge annoyance in the future...Way too much of an ass-kisser for my liking.

Hey, he is just a kid... 12 years old I think? It would make sense that he would indulge in hero worship.
Jun 16, 2016 3:01 PM

Aug 2014
MagisterArcanum said:
Kryptiq said:
"Yang Wenli is a coward"

Hey, he is just a kid... 12 years old I think? It would make sense that he would indulge in hero worship.
Understandable. It's just that he strikes me as one of those extreme fanboys that will go to extreme lengths to please their idol, I could be wrong though.
Jul 4, 2016 12:48 AM

Jun 2016
Urgh, this is so intense. I feel so invested in all the characters that I don't want anyone to die. Everyone should become friends and have tea. Yang Wenli can marry Reinhard and live happily ever after.

Read some posts above that complained about Helium randomly exploding in space. Well, combustion isn't possible without oxygen, of course, but that didn't look like combustion at all. More like a nuclear reaction - maybe Helium was stored in such a condition that a chain fusion reaction would happen on laser bombardment. Just a theory, but it could work in a loose sci-fi sort of way.
Jul 5, 2016 3:08 PM

May 2016
Arachnophobic said:
Urgh, this is so intense. I feel so invested in all the characters that I don't want anyone to die. Everyone should become friends and have tea. Yang Wenli can marry Reinhard and live happily ever after.

THIS. AND THIS AGAIN.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.