Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 47 Discussion

May 30, 2008 3:46 PM
Vermillion

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rubinsky might have to take further steps to guard his life. His woman looks just a devious.

Looks like Yang may have one last ditch chance with Reinhard deciding he wants to be on the front lines. Even though they're outnumbered at least there will be a rematch.

Julian learned well from Yang. They're much better off now for their journey back to alliance territory. However, judging by his position from the battle I'm not sure what impact he can have.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.

Oct 23, 2008 6:15 PM

Gotta love the way Reinhard acts. He is a pretty honorable guy for someone with such power. He basically runs the Empire now even though not by title. Julian is pretty smart himself, takes after Yang. I like how the leading commanders tend to be more honorable then their superiors, especially in the FPA. Can't wait for the big battle to occur.

Sep 16, 2009 10:58 AM

I'm extremely amazed on Julian's small development, the way he exercised Yang's teaching in the middle of several complicated situations was just great. Anyway, I can understand why Reinhard would want to be in the front lines, to be honest; he doesn't need to, but then again he doensn't have any other reason other than having someone to fight against, as he said.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.

Sep 16, 2009 6:26 PM

That was impressive of Julian to capture that Imperial destroyer. He certainly takes after Yang in this department.

Nov 15, 2009 4:00 PM

The Trojan Horse is a rather unoriginal motif though. I was disappointed by Yang's capture of Iserlohn as by Julian's capture of the destroyer, especially given that Mr. Yoshiki has come up with all sorts of intricate strategies and bluffs elsewhere. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it's a rehash of the oldest trick in the book.
Modified by fedaykin, Nov 15, 2009 4:34 PM
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

Nov 20, 2009 10:20 AM

Silverhammer said:
The Trojan Horse is a rather unoriginal motif though. I was disappointed by Yang's capture of Iserlohn as by Julian's capture of the destroyer, especially given that Mr. Yoshiki has come up with all sorts of intricate strategies and bluffs elsewhere. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it's a rehash of the oldest trick in the book.

Well... It worked, didn't it?

May 1, 2010 3:58 PM

The scene with the redheaded boy...I shed a tear. Poor Reinhard. Poor Kierchis. ;_;

Aug 16, 2010 3:36 PM

Julian seems to be learning his lessons well from Yang. Pulling the old classic Trojan horse routine. Shame on the Imperial soldiers for falling for that.

Sep 28, 2010 1:47 PM

haha yang would be proud...way to go julian ^^

on the other side i dislike lohengram more and more,he's so full of himself

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Nov 27, 2010 3:22 PM

Good luck Julian
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Jan 22, 2011 4:07 PM

this show has a nice soundtrack. kinda random but w/e

Mar 24, 2011 6:14 AM

I loved what they did to capture the ship at the end, even though the imperial soldiers were kind of dumb to let their guard down that much. It was like the idea that it was a trap didn't even occur. But then again I guess it was a civilian vessel so they wouldn't have usually had reason to worry.

Rubinsky really is an ass, isn't he? Telling Dominic she is pretty much a lower life form than himself lol. I hope she pwns him eventually.
Modified by sevenay, Mar 24, 2011 6:18 AM

Aug 14, 2011 6:07 PM
Julian is like a mini Yang with fighting powers. Nice to see them escape.

Nov 15, 2011 1:41 PM

Good on Julian to capture an Imperial Destroyer.

3 to 1 odds, eh? Sweet.

Jan 12, 2012 11:16 PM

Julian....set a course.
For home.

Feb 8, 2012 1:42 PM

jpem said:
this show has a god-tier soundtrack.

ftfy

Apr 30, 2012 10:05 AM

Reinhard and Julian locking eyes...oh boy...

Jun 5, 2012 8:39 PM

Hakuromatsu said:
Reinhard and Julian locking eyes...oh boy...

Yep.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jun 11, 2012 7:54 PM

Oh my gosh. When Reinhard was talking to the young boy, Emil...What he said, "You must go home and tell your family, 'I am the one who inspired Reinhard von Lohengramm to win,' "

That was the most beautiful thing Reinhard has done so far in the series, and it really shows his compassionate side. Good character development there.
Know an AMAZINGGG anime with a strong male lead?!?!11one//?!

TELLMEEEE.
NoSrsly, bby. I'll love you forever. But no romance. I mean, romance is fine between you and I, but I don't want to watch that crap, okay? Okay.

Dec 27, 2012 11:37 PM

Can't these two sides make peace already? I'm sure if yang and reinhard would just talk it out for a good hour or two, nobody would have to die a pointless death.

Dec 29, 2012 3:55 PM

Donelop said:
Can't these two sides make peace already? I'm sure if so and so would just talk it out for a good hour or two, nobody would have to die a pointless death.

I think you just described every conflict of war in the history of the world.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

Aug 1, 2013 12:36 AM

EPIC ESCAPE!!! LMAO THAT WAS AWESOME!!! YOU GO JULIAN!!!

Sep 18, 2013 1:22 PM

A merchant, who can only really do business with the empire, keeping a stolen empire ship would be rather dumb. I mean, didn't he consider the fact it would be suspicious that he has an empire ship in the first place? Also aren't their ways to identify a ship? Like if it gives off a signal as to it's serial # or something?

Feb 17, 2014 1:18 PM

ofc julian could escape from the planet, in every war a nation suppord personal transportation system between enmity nations... sure. Then he uses his super fighting technic which he specialized during the time he cooked for wenli, against FULLY TRAINED IMPERIAL FORCES and escabes.

Im sure noone is questioning this shows logic.

Feb 17, 2014 1:24 PM

Lockensocke said:
ofc julian could escape from the planet, in every war a nation suppord personal transportation system between enmity nations... sure. Then he uses his super fighting technic which he specialized during the time he cooked for wenli, against FULLY TRAINED IMPERIAL FORCES and escabes.

Im sure noone is questioning this shows logic.

In order to cut corners and not make the show drag way too much on small details, they sometimes make some things "happen" way too easily. But it's a small price to pay if what we have is a story of a such epic scale. I do admit it breaks the immersion way too well when it happens, though. :(

Also, checked your animelist. If this is what you think about this show, just stop watching:
pretty much a plain sci-fi "wanna be war" anime, with pretty boring overpowerd characters, the whole show is pretty boring

Feb 21, 2014 12:47 PM

cupc said:

In order to cut corners and not make the show drag way too much on small details, they sometimes make some things "happen" way too easily. But it's a small price to pay if what we have is a story of a such epic scale. I do admit it breaks the immersion way too well when it happens, though. :(

Also, checked your animelist. If this is what you think about this show, just stop watching:
pretty much a plain sci-fi "wanna be war" anime, with pretty boring overpowerd characters, the whole show is pretty boring

I dont really know why it important to you that i dont finish the anime. Is the ending so extremely bad or something? Maybe i watch the anime to make fun of it, which would be very likely. Or maybe i want to finsih it to make a accurate review about it? And the thing about cutting corners: why didnt they just make julian escape while the attacking instead of making it so illogical?

Nov 9, 2014 8:44 AM

Reinhard is one hell of an inspirational leader.

Mar 2, 2015 5:37 PM

I don't like the fact that Julian is pretty invincible. He never dies or loses at anything ever. Other than that, good episode, this next battle is gonna be cool.

Apr 17, 2015 2:45 PM

Quite lovely episode, while a bit slow it was still really nice development!

May 29, 2015 12:06 PM

That conversation between Reinhardo and that random young guy was pretty great, really liked it. Julian is also a sneaky mofo :p

Jun 30, 2015 4:19 AM

Julian is as awesome as ever. Seems like the Alliance have the odds stacked against them. No idea how this will all go down.

Jul 6, 2015 11:45 PM

Who knows? Maybe Julian will die soon. =/

Anyways, the Empire can't always have an easy win. The Alliance is well known for their battle tactics.

Jun 13, 2016 7:03 PM

Not bad Julian, Yang would be so proud of you.

Apr 6, 2017 12:37 PM

Lucky Julian scapes from Phezzan with a great plunder!!! ;)

Hello, my litte boy!

Sep 24, 2018 12:46 AM

Decent line from Rubinsky: "He wasn't an observer of actors, he only saw his ideal illusions from actors."

Mar 9, 12:29 PM

Honestly, Dominic looks dangerous AF. Also she looks like a trap (I think I get that feeling because of the face). Anyway, her relationship with Rubinsky doesn't seem really stable... it seems like they're both ready to betray each other if needed.

What I didn't really get in this episode is the whole "getting away from Phezzan" thing. If only travelling to Imperial planets is allowed, why did "Beryozka" just head for the FPA so easily? Or is this direction also considered Imperial now since they've captured the corridor? This kinda makes sense if there're other planets in the corridor besides Phezan, but still very questionable. Also, why did Marinesku tell the border guards (or whoever was controlling the leaving ships) that he was carrying some people who want to go to FPA? I didn't get it at all, tbh.

Modified by St0rmblade, Mar 9, 12:33 PM

Mar 10, 9:41 AM

St0rmblade said:
What I didn't really get in this episode is the whole "getting away from Phezzan" thing. If only travelling to Imperial planets is allowed, why did "Beryozka" just head for the FPA so easily? Or is this direction also considered Imperial now since they've captured the corridor? This kinda makes sense if there're other planets in the corridor besides Phezan, but still very questionable. Also, why did Marinesku tell the border guards (or whoever was controlling the leaving ships) that he was carrying some people who want to go to FPA? I didn't get it at all, tbh.

It's implied that Marinescu bribed the spaceport officials to fast-track their departure and not to question too much about their ultimate destination ("that's what company expenses are for"). Also, he was actually reporting to them about the possibility of other ships trying to enter Alliance space. His reasoning was that it would divert their attention away from the Berezka because "people don't usually suspect people who report these things".

I'm not aware of any other planets in the Fezzan Corridor, but it is plausible that it is large enough for at least one ship to slip out of it undetected, especially since Reinhard had lifted the blockade and brought most of his ships with him deep into Alliance space while leaving behind a ground garrison only.

Mar 10, 11:28 AM

MagisterArcanum said:
St0rmblade said:

It's implied that Marinescu bribed the spaceport officials to fast-track their departure and not to question too much about their ultimate destination ("that's what company expenses are for"). Also, he was actually reporting to them about the possibility of other ships trying to enter Alliance space. His reasoning was that it would divert their attention away from the Berezka because "people don't usually suspect people who report these things".

I'm not aware of any other planets in the Fezzan Corridor, but it is plausible that it is large enough for at least one ship to slip out of it undetected, especially since Reinhard had lifted the blockade and brought most of his ships with him deep into Alliance space while leaving behind a ground garrison only.

Makes much more sense now, thanks for the explanation