Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 5, 2011 6:24 PM

Aug 2009
OMG Natsuno!! Wtf are you wearing?

Seems like he's retained his human mind. This should get interesting but no way can it have a happy ending. Sigh.
Jan 7, 2011 2:14 PM

Jan 2010
ok so...is natsuno dead or not lol :p

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 5, 2011 11:28 PM

Oct 2008
..Is Natsuno a shiki or not?
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 3, 2011 7:46 AM

Feb 2009
It'd be awesome if Natsuno is a werewolf.
Also...
Tarrasji said:
Kirishiki Chizuru always wears weird clothes...

This! She's hot though...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 24, 2011 9:56 AM

Oct 2010
So Natsuno comes back with the same eyes.

Can't wait to see what happens next. :>
/downloads
lanachanApr 24, 2011 10:04 AM
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 10, 2011 1:09 PM

Oct 2010
YES! yuki is back, and he doesn't seem to be a onikagire (however you spell it :/)
Aug 14, 2011 9:02 PM

Mar 2011
That was quite the (stupid) funeral, and it seems Natsuno isn't the same as the other shiki.
Dec 23, 2011 1:22 PM

Oct 2011
Chizuru LOL

Loved Natsuno sneakers *-*

This episode was quite slow compared to te previous ones, I was hoping more, but it's OK.
May 6, 2012 11:08 AM

Mar 2009
It's just me or that pink guy at (in, or? sorry for my enlish XD) funeral have same voice as The Major from Hellsing Ultimate?
Aug 1, 2012 8:11 AM

Jul 2009
Chizuru is freaking sexy as hell!!!!!!

it's seems that the town is trying not to acknowledge what has happened from the population.

the funeral of kyouko is very sad, Muroi didn't even look at Ozaki.

he feels that he couldn't kill anyone even for the sake of a greater cause.

you could say Muroi and Ozaki are polar opposite of each other.

one is willing to do anything to get the problem done, while the other can only act based on their reason.

i wonder where is Shiomi Yuki?? Satoko quit the clinic because of her.

ohh new character Yoshie makes the appearance :D

Yuuki is now a shiki!!!

i wonder if Ozaki will kill Yuuki seeing he realized he was a shiki.

no Megumi scene T___T

man i cannot wait for the next one.

love this anime :)
SomaHeirAug 1, 2012 8:15 AM
Aug 1, 2012 11:51 PM

Jun 2012
What was the point of Natsunos saying like one thing to Ozaki and then leaving? lol :p

Most of the villagers are so stupid. Seriously, if a person in the village dies daily you'd think that the villagers would be more willing to listen to Ozaki and Ikumi. But I guess they'd rather just sit around until they're the next one to die.
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Sep 26, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome! Yuuki-kun was not cremated!
Oct 2, 2012 1:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I knew that Natsuno was going to make it, but I'm still surprised at how easy the Shiki are duping the outside world. I mean people have relatives, telephones (maybe even internet, its Japan right?) I'm curious if the manga explains how they get away with it in more depth.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 29, 2012 9:10 AM

May 2012
Nice episode! The doctor is now trying to convince everyone but without luck, it's good to see Natsuno is still alive maybe as a vampire him self though seems to be not controlled he can team up with the doctor to fight them?
Nov 6, 2012 12:37 PM

Sep 2011
Justice!
Nov 30, 2012 5:00 PM

May 2012
Damn it's taking forever for Natsuno and Ozaki to team up! I wish they'd just stop with all the cryptic rhetoric and start vampire busting already! Haha, great ep. Things get more and more intriguing with this series as it goes on. And wtf on Tatsumi being a werewolf! That shit came out of nowhere! Vampires and werewolves just can't seem to stay away from each other can they?! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Dec 12, 2012 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
NO! I AM JUSTICE!!!!!!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 21, 2012 9:26 PM

Feb 2011
Oh Toshi, having to shoulder everything by himself, I felt so bad for him, although I can't say as I blame Seishin for his reaction either. I mean come on, the dude staked his own wife. I was glad when Natsu showed up at the end and told Toshi he wasn't alone. Don't know why he walked off immediately after, but who really knows what Natsu's got stirring in that head of his.

Also, completely missed the Jinrou thing. Had to go back and rewatch it. Kinda clarifies a few things about Tatsumi now, although his cat ear hair is still weird. :b
NikokoDec 21, 2012 9:35 PM
Dec 24, 2012 11:55 PM

Oct 2012
That funeral. Lol.
Natsuno's back~ Yippee~
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Feb 4, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
Sort of boring episode till the end.
Feb 26, 2013 4:42 AM

Jan 2012
Yay, Natsuno is back.

Mar 21, 2013 3:04 AM
Jan 2012
Glad to see Natsuno back, he seems to have gained some sense of fashion after dying, uh? And that funeral was ridiculous and very out of place. I am also glad Seishin didn't approve Toshio's actions, he was obviously wrong in torturing and re-killing his wife.
Jun 16, 2013 3:47 PM

Aug 2012
This anime keeps introducing weirder characters. I should be used to that by now.
Jun 30, 2013 3:42 AM

Mar 2010
shit just got serious
Jul 12, 2013 4:36 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hana-kei said:
some parts are really funny. that FABULOUS funeral,

I can't believe that guy thinks it's okay to hold such a funeral service o_o I can see they everyone who went was shocked...totally disrespecting the dead. On the otherhand, yay, Natsuno is back! I wonder where is he staying at, I don't think he is with Tatsumi so....and Tohru bringing the flowers each day was touching (was that this episode or last episode? Can't remember since I'm marathoning this)
Jul 14, 2013 1:32 AM

Apr 2010
Natsuno's sense of fashion is just. . . That's all I have to comment about. . . hm
Jul 30, 2013 12:25 PM

Sep 2012
Fabulous funeral bro and almost everyone in the village has IQ level equal to their shoe size.
Dec 4, 2013 1:04 AM

Mar 2012
So Tatsumi is a werewolf huh, that explains the ears and why he can walk around during the day. I'm guessing Seishirou is also a werewolf since he isn't bothered by the sun as well.
--__-- said:
Fabulous funeral bro and almost everyone in the village has IQ level equal to their shoe size.

I don't think they're all stupid, just a really bad case of denial. Hell no one would want to think that there are monsters lurking around in the night that could take their time killing you in your sleep lol.
Mar 22, 2014 1:45 AM

Jan 2013
Fuck dat funeral.
Almost destroyed the atmosphere of the show..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 20, 2014 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Sensei was at the edge of accepting his fate, but it look like he made an unexpected ally (well, not unexpected for us the viewer).

Dat beginning scene... It was so grim.

The funeral was fucking hilarious. How to ridiculize the death of someone xD
We also learned that blue-haired cat ear guy is a werewolf. I don't know why I never thought about it...

The scene at the office was also pretty great. The way they acting was so fucking creepy :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 5, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2013
“Killing others is never justice, no matter what kind of noble cause one upholds”

Dead on right lol.So the first thing Seishin does when he sees Toshio’s experiment lab and his murdered shiki wife is to ponder the morals of killing but fails to acknowledge the fact that the shiki are picking off his kind quickly and surely. It doesn’t matter if intent to kill is present or not. He contemplates how moral it is to kill others but how moral is it to stand by and allow it to continue? And at the same time ,he turns his back on his friend who is trying to prevent the annihilation of this village by killing a shiki,I also think he’s turning his back on humanity. I mean if you are not against them, it means you are with them. And if Seishin doesn’t want resort to violence why doesn’t he try to resort to something peacful? I don’t understand how he is so accepting towards it all,especially if he considers killing wrong.He basically says killing is wrong yet he stands aside and continue to allow the shiki to kill humans.
Anyways interesting little convo between Yuki and Toshio at the end there.I wonder what Yuki’s up to and he seems so normal.i thought that there eyes were supposed to change after they become a child of the night lol.His seemed pretty normal....strange :/
Sep 5, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2009
Incr3dibl3 said:
“Killing others is never justice, no matter what kind of noble cause one upholds”

Dead on right lol.So the first thing Seishin does when he sees Toshio’s experiment lab and his murdered shiki wife is to ponder the morals of killing but fails to acknowledge the fact that the shiki are picking off his kind quickly and surely. It doesn’t matter if intent to kill is present or not. He contemplates how moral it is to kill others but how moral is it to stand by and allow it to continue? And at the same time ,he turns his back on his friend who is trying to prevent the annihilation of this village by killing a shiki,I also think he’s turning his back on humanity. I mean if you are not against them, it means you are with them. And if Seishin doesn’t want resort to violence why doesn’t he try to resort to something peacful? I don’t understand how he is so accepting towards it all,especially if he considers killing wrong.He basically says killing is wrong yet he stands aside and continue to allow the shiki to kill humans.
Anyways interesting little convo between Yuki and Toshio at the end there.I wonder what Yuki’s up to and he seems so normal.i thought that there eyes were supposed to change after they become a child of the night lol.His seemed pretty normal....strange :/

^+1

Oct 24, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2014
I'm so annoyed at Seishin too. I had to take a moment during the first five minutes because I was so pissed off.

Rant:
Oh my god, Seishin. What an idiot. If you're not going to help Toshio, how are you going to stop the shiki? Motherfrickin write stories?? What, does he just intend to live through this "epidemic" and survive so he can write his novel about Cain and Abel? I get that his personal decision to not hunt the shiki is to present a contrasting character to that of Toshio's but jslfdkjsdlkfjslkdfj

"Killing others is never justice, no matter what kind of noble cause one upholds"
It's called surviving. Clearly a concept Seishin doesn't understand. I can't believe he hasn't died yet. How long is he going to stick to his good samaritan morals? They've said that he/his family has a lot of power, and from what is happening currently, Seishin is about as useless as he can be.

TL;DR Seishin, smarten the hell up.

/rant

That ending though. I'm so glad Natsuno is back but ?? He looks pale but has regular eyes... but he did die.
Gah I've been on a Shiki binge for the past few days because things are picking up so quickly.
Nov 5, 2014 11:22 PM

Jun 2009
Natsuno is back bitches. Wonder if/when Ozaki is going to release that tape he made.
Dec 11, 2014 5:35 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome episode!!

Hey, Natsuno's back! He looks more badass than ever. Is he gonna team up with Ozaki? 'Cause that'd be pretty epic.

I hope Ozaki wins against the Shiki in the end.
Feb 6, 2015 9:16 AM

Jun 2014
Seishin is useless piece of shit.

Yuki's outfit was bad.
Jul 26, 2015 8:14 AM

Oct 2013
wakka9ca said:
And for shikis, death is a celebration, death is a rebirth. (Well portrayed in this episode with the funeral).

I completely missed that. I just took that funeral scene as a cringe-worthy debacle set up by a clown who missed his calling, but that wasn't the case, huh? A funeral is a celebration. Makes sense. But man that funeral director was cringe-worthy all the same.

Slow and kinda disappointing episode compared to the last, but daaaaayuum that ending. I feel for Toshio. There's certainly an argument to be made for the shiki being lifeforms as any other--intelligent lifeforms at that--but the logic behind defending them regardless is flawed. People put down rabid dogs which are a threat to humans. If a wild animal was attacking you, you wouldn't hesitate to kill it. The only thing that makes the shiki different is that they are, indeed, intelligent lifeforms. But does that give them an excuse? I wonder.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 16, 2015 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
So Tatsumi's a werewolf hmm. That sure says a lot. Makes sense now how he doesn't have the same restrictions as the shiki. Does that mean those points in his hair are ears? I wonder if Seishirou is a werewolf too since he unlike his wife and daughter can handle sunlight and has a pulse.
Sep 5, 2015 9:53 PM
Oct 2013
Love this episode.

It seemed Natsuno and Toshio would work together to hunt shiki.. and might be tohru-chan would help them.

Feb 22, 2016 2:38 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode............
Apr 2, 2016 6:38 PM

Feb 2015
Psychotik said:
Didn't really like this episode much, but of course I'm comparing it to last weeks episode so yeah, bias galore. Not much happened; it mostly comprised of Toshio being all emo. Yeah he lost his wife, but still, he didn't all that emotional when he killed her. Also, fabulous funeral was fabulous.

....if he did he wouldn't have killed her since his emotions would be there....come on this isn't hard to understand.

VARIAchan said:
..Is Natsuno a shiki or not?

yerp. it appears so.

TomDayApr 2, 2016 6:44 PM
Apr 26, 2016 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
Natsuno is BACK!
We hear one the guys of the new funeral home call Tatsumi a werewolf.

Can't believe no-one wants to face the truth ... that there's something more going besides "just some deaths".
Oct 18, 2016 6:00 AM

Jul 2008
Natsuno is back and still wants to fight.

And OMG the funeral home...
Jul 20, 2017 6:13 AM

Feb 2016
Doctor is ultimately right. Vampires don't just eat to survive, they have an uncontrollable hunger and end up killing their patients based on instincts honed from adaptive selection. Natsuno's friend Tohru is the most insufferable. If you are going to suck your best friend's blood and kill him, then do it! Don't apologise for something you are free to fight against! To paraphrase Kaiji, you are committing a double sin! To ease your guilt you say empty sorrys to soothe your heart a million times, no take the blame, have your friend hate you. You can't whine, cry, put up meaningless flowers by the window when it benefits you, take the heat.

In other words, they are mindless monsters by definition, they kill more than they need and worst of all, they are happy to let them or other vampires prey on their family members. So they are monsters even in their lack of morals.

Priest is a weakling, under the guise of being morally superior, he is happy to let the killings continue and his village overtaken. The best he could hope for was being a religious figure. Don't let this pansy make the hard decisions when needed.
Cloud_IllusionsJul 20, 2017 6:22 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Apr 2, 2018 5:01 PM
Jan 2015
Jesus christ! Am I the only one who found watching Toshio torturing and ultimately murdering his wife in cold blood without an ounce of sympathy or remorse fucked up? I found myself disgusted by him at that point. He comes across worse than the supposed monsters. The Vampire/Shiki show far more humanity than he does at this point. They show remorse for killing, shed tears when they can't stop themselves from killing. At least Tohru does. At this point I almost want the Shiki to win, Toshio is just cold and cruel. He sees them as monsters no matter who they were. I mean this was his wife! Yet he shows NO signs of remorse, no tears, no throwing up, nothing a normal person would do having to murder the one they were supposed to love. It's revolting and makes me want to see him die at some point which sucks because I liked him up until this point despite thinking he's wrong about the Shiki, they are still people with emotions and they feel pain like we do. They shouldn't be dissected and treated like some lab rat. And if they had to be why do it to someone you cared about? Why not try and capture another Shiki who doesn't mean something to you. The way he turns around and stone cold asks him to help him clean up was just shocking. So disturbing.
Apr 23, 2019 7:23 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah, that's it. I'm not sure what to feel about the monk. He doesn't have the reason to kill, huh?

Well, people will not really believe anymore with the Shiki stuff since Dr. Ozaki was the one who denied it in front of the people. But I was just wondering why people seems not to be scared or maybe they are denying to accept.

Good thing Natsuno appeared what could he do to help Dr. Ozaki?

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 27, 2019 8:36 PM

May 2008
So, Seishin killed someone and that's why he tried to commit suicide and why he doesn't want to murder anyone or anything. Good on him for sticking with his principles. Too bad the OP shows he's going to turned himself.

And turns out Mr. Cheerful IS a werewolf. Guess those "ears" are a big clue. He seems like a hybrid.

Brokenxwing said:
Jesus christ! Am I the only one who found watching Toshio torturing and ultimately murdering his wife in cold blood without an ounce of sympathy or remorse fucked up? I found myself disgusted by him at that point. He comes across worse than the supposed monsters. The Vampire/Shiki show far more humanity than he does at this point. They show remorse for killing, shed tears when they can't stop themselves from killing. At least Tohru does. At this point I almost want the Shiki to win, Toshio is just cold and cruel. He sees them as monsters no matter who they were. I mean this was his wife! Yet he shows NO signs of remorse, no tears, no throwing up, nothing a normal person would do having to murder the one they were supposed to love. It's revolting and makes me want to see him die at some point which sucks because I liked him up until this point despite thinking he's wrong about the Shiki, they are still people with emotions and they feel pain like we do. They shouldn't be dissected and treated like some lab rat. And if they had to be why do it to someone you cared about? Why not try and capture another Shiki who doesn't mean something to you. The way he turns around and stone cold asks him to help him clean up was just shocking. So disturbing.

Yes, because you're thinking emotionally and in black and white. Suddenly it's okay to kill a shiki as long as they aren't his wife? "Supposed to love"? Why because they're married? The shiki DO kill without remorse or did Megumi's actions just go right over your head? Pay attention to the context and not just the actions. Toshio isn't nearly that bad as you're trying to make him.

At the very least Toshio doesn't have fun killing like the others or think they're just doing a simple recruitment process. Tooru is a special sort of shiki but even that didn't stop him from eating enough to kill the guy he feels sad for.
May 28, 2019 12:50 PM
Jan 2015
If I were TRULY thinking in black and white, I'd have said the humans were justified in killing Shiki because they killed and ate people. The reality is, I'm the one who's seeing things in shades of grey since I see that Shiki were once people and even when they do horrible things, it doesn't mean they don't have any remorse for it. And NO, I obviously wasn't saying it's okay to kill a Shiki as long as they aren't his wife. I was just saying if he HAD to kill one of them, and brutally dissect and study them why did it have to be someone he loved?

My point was that Toshio did something brutal and heinous, and I didn't think up until that point he was capable of such a cruel and dare I say it, evil act. And I don't say the word evil lightly. I mean killing monsters is one thing, but torturing them to learn how far their healing goes BEFORE then killing them is another thing entirely. I'm also not blind to the fact that some of them don't feel remorse for it.

But even Megumi still had some of her humanity intact, because she was still bitter about dying, and obsessed with the guy she liked before dying. And she still dreamed of leaving that small town. She was ultimately a cruel person and did horrible things, but if I recall correctly (it's been like a year since I watched the show now) she was kind of fucked up even before she died. She just hid the ugly side of her personality most of the time.

When I said supposed to love, I meant you tend to marry people because you love them. I thought that much should be obvious. You should also keep in mind, I wrote my comment pretty much right after watching episode 15. I hadn't finished the show yet at the time, so I only knew what I had seen up to that point. Things only get WORSE as it went on. I mean, the ending has ALL Shiki massacred in one of the most fucked up and brutal endings I've seen in any anime. They beg for their lives, and no one cared, they just continued hunting them down and staking them in the streets or wherever they were found.

You're right, Tooru still killed people. And feeling awful about it doesn't justify it. But it DOES make me feel sympathetic towards him. And it's not like I'm alone, plenty of people LOVE a self-loathing vampire. I also seem to recall the little girl Sunako was relatively innocent compared to most of the other Shiki. But they'd still have murdered her if they had the chance. (I think she got away though I can't quite remember for sure).
BrokenxwingMay 28, 2019 12:54 PM
Oct 5, 2019 4:52 PM

Jan 2016
If that funeral home was running my funeral I would rise from the grave and kill them, jesus christ.

That's awful.
Dec 17, 2019 1:34 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Looks, that guy Natsuno is still well and alive, it seems, he doesn't have the creepy Shiki eyes.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.