Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2018 9:26 AM
Dec 2014
The end of the episode was epic.
Feb 2, 2018 9:19 AM

May 2016
Mittermayer took his words for truth he executed his own soilders for rape, I really loved that fact.

The sparkle Blonde brat arrived Phezzan just kidding, it's good to see Krechies hair again with that planet in the background.
Apr 14, 2018 11:18 AM

Jul 2017
SixFlags said:
The Empire really has so many great and competent characters like Mittermayer, whereas the FPA seems to only have Yang's 13th fleet (though also with good soldiers like Schenkkopp) but as Yang said himself in the last episode: What use is the knowledge to be able to see trough your enemy's plan when you are not in the position of power yourself unable to do anything about it...

On the long term, my guess is the FPA is going to loose this war, or, by the most positive outcome, maybe can manage to coexist with the empire.

I was thinking the same.
Sep 22, 2018 10:45 PM

Feb 2017
Rupert was Flegel 2.0 as far as I'm concerned. Glad he's gone already.
Nov 4, 2019 7:58 PM

Oct 2012
RIP Rubinsky's illegitimate son
I was hoping he could achieve his dream of toppling and stealing his father's position
Seems like that way too hopeful of a dream

Looks like Reinhard is one step closer to conquer the universe

Rubinsky is going to be pain in the ass later, that's sucks
"Signature removed"
Dec 27, 2019 2:15 PM

Nov 2016
Rubinsky was too much for Rupert.

And Mittermeyer knows how to discipline his men.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2, 2020 5:37 AM
Sep 2017
Daaamn I've liked Mittermeyer ever since season one whenever he shows loyalty and good judgement , but dang every single time we see more of him he only becomes better and better. Dayum executing his own men for rape and standing behind his word, I'm so impressed again.
Rheinhard's arrival was seriously cool, he is always such a dignified appearence.

Ah, people finding Julian's actions too convenient and unrealistic? Hmm, I was kinda proud of him for being so well-taught by everyone at Iserlohn. His develoment in logical thinking had been shown previously, like he's been studying and observing under all these people, and didn't Merkatz mention before how he might just be a few steps/years behind Lohengram in his genius? Julian is just less flashy and ambitious.

Now if I did have to pick somethign to nit-pic, it would be how unrealistic it is that just everyone on the side of the Alliance, whether it be politicians or officers, if they're not part of the 13th fleet they're defintiely corrupt and selfish and stupid and have no sense of strategy. To some extent I'll take it, but perhaps that is a very convenient and a repatative obstacle for the good guys in the FPA. Corruption and selfishness is real though, so it doesn't bother me deeply that they show that that is the main issue inside FPA. And perhaps, if everyone made it there through connections or such, maybe it's realistic that incompetence was a common aspect they shared? I don't think Julian's cleverness was bad writing, even him knowing how to handle computers, after all he did live on Iserlohn for almost 2 years, in case of emergency retreat perhaps all are taught how to delete info permanently from computers.

Nov 25, 2020 10:33 PM
Jun 2017
Mittermeyer showed a perfect example of how an occupation force should deal with the administered territory. I knew he would inevitably forbid rape and pillaging and punish it with a summary trial, as that always gets you the favor of the people, along with letting matters run their normal course.

I expected Rubinsky's son to survive. A shame he died so fast, knowing his ties with the Earth Cult, specially with the Bishop, which would have made an interesting story in the future.

As I've said in previous remarks of this series in the forums, it seems evident that Reinhardt will inevitably assume the title of Kaiser, but no comment on a Regency has been given, which would make it easier for him to usurp the title. Yes, unless he kills off all of the potential heirs of the Goldenbaum Dynasty, he would inevitably be the usurper of the Crown. I hope this gets smoothly resolved.
May 20, 2021 3:41 AM

Jul 2016
Perv_boy said:
SixFlags said:
The Empire really has so many great and competent characters like Mittermayer, whereas the FPA seems to only have Yang's 13th fleet (though also with good soldiers like Schenkkopp) but as Yang said himself in the last episode: What use is the knowledge to be able to see trough your enemy's plan when you are not in the position of power yourself unable to do anything about it...

On the long term, my guess is the FPA is going to loose this war, or, by the most positive outcome, maybe can manage to coexist with the empire.

I was thinking the same.

Yang has been banging all season about how good the men under Reinhard are.
Jul 24, 2021 12:30 PM

Jun 2020
fpa look a lil fucked rn 😐
Dec 22, 2021 9:15 AM
Nov 2020
Fezzan has fallen, Kesserling is dead
Apr 21, 2022 1:54 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 23, 2022 5:35 PM

Dec 2007
so much hype in one episode!

but still, the main event here i believe is rubinsky killing his son.
it was brilliant from some aspects, and that's also what made reinhard suspicious on their intentions.
or rather, not knowing his connections to earth cult.
which i'm eager to see how's that going to unfold.
Nov 20, 2022 4:17 PM

May 2018
Rubinsky is too clever for any upstart brat to kill him. After all he has a main character-esque voice lol
Jan 10, 2023 3:08 AM

Aug 2018
Finaly some sort of big winner moment for Logenheim, seeing whole Sieg Heil scene was beautiful and memorable.

Rubinsky might've outsmarted his son and then got rid of him easily, but I just can't seem to fully get his intentions, hes sitting there smilling like he runs this but not a single soldier came to defend Phezzan when empire ships invaded, does he really feel like people still support or trust a leader like him

Julian migh have a chance to escape this, but he needs to be clever and not undermine empire troops too much

Also the public execution scene was done very well and truly sets an example that many empires never bothers to
May 28, 2023 10:26 PM
Dec 2021
Reinhard's fixation on Siegfried continues, it makes sense. I must have mis-read a line in a previous episode, as i though Rubinksy new about the empire using the corridor. Oh well. Good episode. Reinhard getting a hero's welcome was unexpected.  
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.