Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 8, 2010 6:11 AM
Oct 2010
Hi Everyone!!

I know many like me may have taste towards the tear jerker anime that move you to such an extent that you are at the verge of tears due to the emotional content of the anime.

Well for me One moment was the end of Code Geass..I want to watch such Anime no matter what genre they belong to. Please shower your advice :D

Thank You All
Nov 8, 2010 6:41 AM
May 2010
Trigun had me weeping at the Legato "fight". The conclusion to Ken's arc in Digimon Adventure 02 always made me cry as a kid.
Nov 8, 2010 7:58 AM
May 2010
Yes, Code Geass definitely has a few tearjerking moments for those who don't see plot-holes that easily. Such as myself. :P

But I feel that Code Geass is more action than drama, really. If you want tear-fests, try Clannad, slowly making your way to the real tearjerker - its second season, "After Story," if you could stomach for long hours of slice-of-life. I couldn't remember an anime that has as many quality tearjerkers as this.

And if you could suppress your cynicism, give Digimon Adventure a shot, too. It might seem like an average 'power-up' anime, but its drama is definitely more emotional than meets the eye. And if you are the sentimental type, it'd no doubt pull on your heart strings many times throughout the series.

Of course, there's Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Though there are only really two moments in the show I cried hard to, they are quite the quality tearjerkers that don't rely on something cliche or unrealistic to make you cry. 64 episodes of an anime is still a lot of effort if you are just watching for the tearful moments, though (since the second one doesn't come till near the end of the series).

Jigoku Shoujou has numerous tearjerking moments, more so in its emotional second season. Unlike Higurashi, it has depressing moments which leave you caring rather than feeling appalled by shock factors, especially with the charm of its minor characters in each episode. And of course, the most saddening tale in the anime is that of Enma Ai herself.

Shigofumi was thought by me to be tearjerking at first, but the tears only lasted two episodes. Nevertheless, a great watch.
Nov 8, 2010 8:31 AM
Oct 2010
Thanx for your advice @Crono_Maniac and @OminousFlare.
Is there any Romantic comedy which ultimately ends into a emotional scenario.
Elfen Lied(Anime) at the end also packed an emotional punch.

Also I would like to have opinion of others on Digimon Adventure.
Nov 8, 2010 8:34 AM

Apr 2009
Kanon (the 2006 version). I cried pretty hard several times during that one.
Nov 8, 2010 9:00 AM

Aug 2010
The end of Cowboy Bebop.

/thread.
Nov 8, 2010 9:06 AM

May 2010
5 Centimeters Per Second, I guess...

By the way, isn't another similar thread already up? Though it does ask for sad/depressing anime...
Nov 8, 2010 9:18 AM
May 2010
Shima_XIX said:
5 Centimeters Per Second, I guess...

By the way, isn't another similar thread already up? Though it does ask for sad/depressing anime...

I tried not to post in that thread to talk about anime that makes me cry, though, because anime that makes me cry isn't necessary anime that is depressing. Such as 5 Centimeters per Second or Digimon Adventure, for example.
Nov 8, 2010 9:34 AM

Nov 2010
yantesh said:
Thanx for your advice @Crono_Maniac and @OminousFlare.
Is there any Romantic comedy which ultimately ends into a emotional scenario.
Elfen Lied(Anime) at the end also packed an emotional punch.

Also I would like to have opinion of others on Digimon Adventure.

Might wanna give H2O: footprints in the sand a try, sad but good ending.
Nov 8, 2010 9:48 AM

May 2010
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen has the most realistic emotions.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 8, 2010 9:50 AM

May 2010
I know of few anime that made me shred some tears:

Air, Kanon, Toradora, Kobato, and Clannad.

Well Toradora will maybe not make you cry much but it makes your heart pump.

It might even be that you will not tear on any of them, but the one you will definetily tear at is Clannad that's for sure.
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Nov 8, 2010 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
The end of Air TV, Grave of the Fireflies and Cowboy Bebop. Also the part where Nephrite dies on Sailor Moon.
Nov 8, 2010 10:06 AM

Jun 2009
I shamefully admit that I cried when Ash was ready to "release" Pickachu.
No matter how good you are at something,
there's always about a million people better than you.
Nov 8, 2010 10:14 AM

Jan 2010
I cried countless times during NANA. I also teared up during Rainbow a few times as well.

sgd said:

I don't believe anyone that claims they didn't cry/tear up (or at least feel like they were going to) when that happened.
Nov 8, 2010 10:25 AM

Feb 2010
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 8, 2010 10:40 AM

May 2010
Tayloroids said:
I cried countless times during NANA. I also teared up during Rainbow a few times as well.

sgd said:

I don't believe anyone that claims they didn't cry/tear up (or at least feel like they were going to) when that happened.

Well thanks for spoiling...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 8, 2010 10:53 AM

Aug 2009
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the pocket
Some scenes of gundam MS igloo OVAs
background stories of some characters and some arcs from Bokurano
Terra e
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 8, 2010 11:02 AM

Feb 2010
Oh Yeah, I forgot my standard rec for something like this:

Bokurano

Thx for reminding me LadySylvanas
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 8, 2010 12:16 PM
Oct 2010
Yeah I think the moment when one may cry is not necessarily supposed to be depressing. But those can be when one is really happy or excited and your throat goes dry and then you just wanna sit there pondering WOW that was awesome.

Well for me it is true IN Code Geass's end. I was not sad but was crying :D
Nov 8, 2010 12:29 PM

Feb 2009
Wolf's Rain is a definite tearjerker. Dang, those last 4-5 episodes are absoloutly heart-wrenching.
Nov 8, 2010 2:08 PM

Feb 2009
Not sure if it would really be called a tear jerker but I found my self tearing up sometimes while watching Fruits Basket. Both happy and sad tears.
animegurl09Nov 8, 2010 2:12 PM
Nov 8, 2010 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
Angel beats,ef atale of melodies,flanders no inu,tegami bachi,
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo,and since someone already mention clannad my second favorite: ef a tale of memories

OminousFlare said:

Jigoku Shoujou has numerous tearjerking moments, more so in its emotional second season. Unlike Higurashi, it has depressing moments which leave you caring rather than feeling appalled by shock factors, especially with the charm of its minor characters in each episode. And of course, the most saddening tale in the anime is that of Enma Ai herself.

i haven't wacthed jigoku shoujou 2nd season yet but i found higurashi pretty emotional even when they weren't killing each other.
ssjokgNov 8, 2010 2:47 PM
Nov 8, 2010 3:23 PM

Mar 2009
Voice of a Distant Star- a sad long distance romance in one OVA.
Nov 8, 2010 3:53 PM
Aug 2010
Air TV is my #1 tear jerker on my list.
Nov 8, 2010 4:14 PM

Jun 2009
I think Saikano and Lament of the Lamb are the only anime/manga that ever brought me close to tears. They certainly beat Code Geass by a long-shot in terms of tearjerking. For something closer to Code Geass's level of emotional involvement, I'd say Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom or Chrno Crusade would be better example.
Nov 8, 2010 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
count of Monte Kristo
Nov 8, 2010 9:57 PM
Oct 2010
As per the Recommendation I have finished 10 episodes of Clannad and it was good and Emotional. But not a real tearjerker for me but still 16 episodes to go who knows what will happen. :P
Nov 9, 2010 1:30 PM

Jan 2010
Actually, most good animes will make you cry.

I'm sure Pokemon has made a lot of people cry, I have cried to DBZ, Fairy Tail (I have never cried so much in any anime as in the Laxus ep) ,FMA : Brotherhood, the list goes on.

If you can get into the anime, chances are you are gonna cry, depending on the kind of person you are of course. Just keep an open mind and let the tears flow!

On that note, I'm also looking for a anime to watch though it doesn't have to be sad. If anyone cares, and to avoid off-topics, just leave a comment on my page.

Nov 9, 2010 6:01 PM

May 2009
my club.

The Emotional Anime Collection worth watching!
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Nov 9, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2010
Kanon (2006 version) almost made me cry (as in tear up) but no tears actually flowed... but then again, I'm a guy, I just get depressed...
Clannad was a good one, but you started watching that..
Ef - A Tale of Memories was really good, mostly the scenes with the eye-patch girl
Good luck in your journey to sadness! =]
Nov 9, 2010 7:04 PM

Jun 2007
yantesh said:
As per the Recommendation I have finished 10 episodes of Clannad and it was good and Emotional. But not a real tearjerker for me but still 16 episodes to go who knows what will happen. :P

Clannad has about 2-3 tearjerker moments. Clannad After Story (after the first 10 eps or so) is much more emotional.
Nov 9, 2010 7:06 PM

Dec 2009
Hokuto no Ken - Some scenes actually made me shed some manly tears. As stoic and emotionless people think HnK to be, it has its very sad moments.
Nov 9, 2010 10:43 PM
Oct 2010
Yo everyone finished Clannad now will head to Kanon 2006 or Clannad season2 Lets see. I am totally free this week. Days cant be better.
Nov 10, 2010 9:06 AM

Dec 2007
Angel Beats, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Now and Then, Here and There, and the last part of Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror the bakeneko story off the top of my head.
makimagicNov 10, 2010 9:13 AM
Nov 11, 2010 1:15 AM

Jul 2008
Toradora [ I think I cried at every episode.Something is wrong with me :C], Angel Beats[Episode 10,'nuff said] and probably many more.
I sure know that I cried at every shoujo manga I ever read.
Nov 12, 2010 12:36 PM

May 2009
animegurl09 said:
Not sure if it would really be called a tear jerker but I found my self tearing up sometimes while watching Fruits Basket. Both happy and sad tears.

Kipcha said:
Wolf's Rain is a definite tearjerker. Dang, those last 4-5 episodes are absoloutly heart-wrenching.

sgd said:

I'm also going to add Angel Beats! Found myself crying a few times during that.
Nov 12, 2010 1:56 PM
Mar 2010
Kanon (2006) is sad..... Ending was a mind fuck, but it made the series better inevitably.
I heard Wolf's rain was really sad, and Elfen Lied, I think it's called. You can also try Kobato, I liked that series and the last two episodes make me weep in my seat, BRO.

yantesh said:
There was actually only one or two episodes from Clannad that I can remember that made me actually cry. The whole series prides itself on having emotional moments, so maybe it'll get sadder for you? If you finish that and decide to watch the after story, I'll warn ya that I cried for 5 consecutive episodes towards the end of the series.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Nov 12, 2010 2:53 PM

Oct 2009
Air
Nov 12, 2010 3:24 PM

May 2008
The House of Small Cubes - It's only 12 minutes long so you could probably find it on youtube or something. I hardly EVER cry during anime, and the few times I have were because what was happening reminded me of something in my life. This is an exception, it genuinely made me cry, and since it's so short you might as well watch it real quick.

I'll also second Bokurano and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
Nov 12, 2010 3:29 PM

Oct 2009
5 cm/s.

More topics from this board

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

DaydreamPhoenix - 5 hours ago

2 by DaydreamPhoenix »»
57 minutes ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - 11 hours ago

6 by Ohayotaku »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Pick the best one for me.

phantom346 - Apr 12

6 by His0kaDevv »»
3 hours ago

» Any recommendations for similar Anime like this?

D_33 - Apr 10

13 by Dauphine »»
5 hours ago

» Manga where the childhood friend loses?

VanVeleca - 5 hours ago

0 by VanVeleca »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.