12.6%
Taishou Yakyuu Musume
0.7%
Other
9.7%
404 votes
Nov 7, 2010 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
Being that Major is now finish I figured it would be a good time to make this poll. So what is your favorite baseball anime? I have tried to include all the big and recent titles, but if you favorite isn't on the list just select other and let us know what it is. It would also be nice if you could just say a little bit about why that anime is you favorite.

I like pretty much every anime on this list a lot, but I guess my favorite has to be Cross Game. I enjoyed the characters and the matches, and I felt that the pacing was rather good.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2010 10:34 AM

May 2009
I'm yet to watch H2 and Touch, but from the other ones, I enjoyed Ookiku Furikabutte the most. It's the most realistic baseball anime imo, with good characters and interesting matches. I also like Cross Game and Major, but they're really different. I think CG is more about romance than baseball and Major is a typical shounen show where the main character is fighting for his dream beating every obstacle in his way, no matter how unrealistic it is. They're both good shows, but not the best baseball shows imho.

I didn't really like One Outs since it was more about mind games than baseball, but it wasn't a bad show either. Taishou Yakyuu Musume was a really cute series with an interesting take on baseball, and while I enjoyed it pretty much, I wouldn't say it's mainly a baseball show either.
Nov 7, 2010 3:14 PM

Mar 2009
I haven't watched the other titles in the poll except for One Outs, which I think is awesome.
Nov 7, 2010 7:23 PM

Jun 2007
Cross Game's overrated, really. The baseball side is quite good, even though it gets a bit predictable if you've seen Touch already. What hurts the series is its surprising lack of depth (compared to Touch) and the 'romance' practically being non-existent.

Touch is all 9-10/10 drama, for the first 26-27 episodes, aside from one big game. Baseball only enters the equation proper once the best of Touch is long gone, and that's also where the series' downfall begins - once the main relationship grinds to a completely illogical halt.

H2's an adaptation of a flawed Adachi work that covers very little of the source material. It also seemingly had a pretty low budget. It's best to ignore the anime - especially when the only subs available are poor-average at best.

Since Adachi's works often left a bad taste in my mouth, One Outs is the easy winner, for me. Baseball from the get-go, as well as non-stop, Death Note style thrills. The only letdown was it ending incomplete.
Nov 7, 2010 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
Now, I would say Big Windup, but the latter half I felt dragged on for way too long, which left me disinterested. So, I'll go with One Outs for the same reasons as Aironic stated.
Nov 7, 2010 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
I quite enjoyed Cross Game and, as a baseball fan, I thought it did a good job of representing the sport. I'm not going to comment on my views of the other aspects of the series(but my opinion is positive).

As a overall series, though I'd have to go with Touch. The show quite frankly has it all. Baseball was well represented and the other aspects of the series held up, though I generally agree with Aion about the second half. But, I'm not quite that extreme.

One Outs, though, well it didn't exactly engage me and the so-called "Death Note style thrills" are incredibly over done. It's to over dramatic and doesn't seem to have much faith in the sport it covers, so it comes up with ridiculous plans that it's protagonist(?) uses to win games and earn money. Don't get me wrong, though, I enjoyed it before putting it on-hold. But, it certainly didn't appeal to the baseball lover in me.

Those are the only three I've seen. So, I'd say Touch is the best I've seen. It represents the sport well and has more than just baseball. Just be forewarned(again) that baseball is by no means the focus of the series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 7, 2010 8:48 PM

Jun 2008
The only baseball anime I've seen is Princess Nine, which I thought was pretty good.
Nov 7, 2010 9:47 PM

Oct 2007
the only one i've seen is cross game which i thought was quite good, either in a sports aspect or for the seires overall
Nov 8, 2010 11:07 AM

Nov 2009
The only one I've seen so far is Major. But I doubt many shows can reach that epicness.
Nov 8, 2010 11:47 AM

Mar 2010
The only one I seen on here was One Outs...though prolly the only reason I liked it was cause the baseball wasn't the focus of the show at all.

Nov 8, 2010 2:01 PM

Dec 2007
So far, Touch.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 8, 2010 2:16 PM

Feb 2009
I've only seen one all the way through and that was one outs which was very good. I watched a little of cross game but dropped it.
Nov 8, 2010 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
I've seen most of them on the list...ookiku would have to be my favorite out of all of them.
Nov 8, 2010 3:02 PM
Nov 2009
I don't see Touch and H2 yet, i'll do someday...
All these animes are just great and it wasn't easy choose one but i gave my vote to One Outs... The psychological stuff is so awesome and Toua is one of the best character you could see.
Nov 9, 2010 6:18 AM

Nov 2010
I've only watched Ookiku Furikabutte and i think its great..cuz Mihashi is such a tennen

Nov 9, 2010 6:41 AM

Jan 2010
None. ;D
Nov 9, 2010 10:27 AM

Jun 2008
I choose "other", because I have to go with Princess Nine.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1846/Princess_Nine

Quite an overlooked series.
Feb 25, 2012 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
Cross Game and Major

Feb 25, 2012 9:43 AM
Mar 2011
kyojin no hoshi
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 25, 2012 9:25 PM

Mar 2009
I loved Cross Game. Quite frankly, I thought it was a masterpiece. As a sports show, I'm glad it didn't entirely focus on baseball, and instead developed the characters and romance. Similar to another currently airing sports show: Chihayafura. Really, Cross Game was more of a slice-of-life anime.

I've yet to see One Outs and Touch, of course. One Outs looks like Kaiji meets baseball, so I guess that could be cool. And people tell me Touch is Adachi's masterpiece, so since I love Cross Game I'm sure I'll love Touch just as well, maybe even more so than Cross Game.

No way will I watch Major and its 5000 seasons, and personally I have no interest in H2.

Taishou Yakyuu Musume was basically moeball, but wasn't a bad show at all.

Ookiku Furikabutte - I'll get around to it eventually.
Feb 25, 2012 9:40 PM

Dec 2009
I have only seen Ookiku Furikabutte, Cross Game, Major and One Outs. I love Ookiku Furikabutte the most among them.

Feb 26, 2012 12:45 AM
Apr 2010
Either Major or One Outs. Ookiku Furikabutte is realistic, but the pitcher is so annoying. Didn't bother watching Cross Game since it doesn't focus entirely on baseball. Dunno about the rest.
Feb 26, 2012 4:34 AM

Apr 2011
One Outs was awesome. Ookiku Furikabutte is a slightly more realistic series, but the baseball is still not totally realistic (because Rin (almost?) always hit his spots).
Feb 26, 2012 10:36 AM

Oct 2010
One outs was really really good. But cross game was just on another level. The total package anime
Feb 26, 2012 10:44 AM

Mar 2011
The only one I've seen is One Outs which was a great series (Psychological aspects were awesome). I would like to watch some of the others one day.

Now that I've seen Major and Cross Game, Cross Game is the definite answer, hands down.
TowardsTheStarsFeb 8, 2013 3:10 PM
Feb 26, 2012 10:53 AM

Nov 2009
I liked Cross Game myself...alot.
Feb 26, 2012 1:10 PM

Sep 2011
Moshidora.
Mar 16, 2012 10:57 AM

May 2011
Touch for sure, but cross game is a close second for me....
Mar 16, 2012 11:05 AM

Jun 2008
Don't really see why people are so impressed with the psychological aspects of one outs. It's completely unbelievable and you can't use mind tricks like that, especially on someone you don't know.
Also they say several times that he isn't a fast nor technical pitcher, all he does is throw slow straight fastballs and yet these professional players can't even hit that. I can see that he can fool a couple of them, but far from all.
Mar 16, 2012 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
I've only watched Oofuri, and I'm totally in love with it! The games are really interesting and it's really well animated (especially the last game of season2, the camera has some amazing angle and it makes it so interesting)!

I've seen, I think, 5 episodes of Cross Game, and I think I'll need to catch up...

Don't mind my bad english
Mar 22, 2012 7:46 AM

Feb 2012
So far, mine is Cross Game, that's pretty much the only baseball anime shoe I have ever watched and it was pretty good since I normally don't like sports anime.
Feb 8, 2013 2:54 PM
Feb 2013
the only series i saw were major and big windup which is why i did a search for more and arrived here. aside from the over exaggeration of 5000 seasons i enjoyed the 6 seasons of major along with the other specials if people didn't enjoy it it wouldn't have lasted that long i also liked how they made each season a different part of goros life/career i enjoyed big windup as well but now that i've seen major it doesn't appeal to me as much
Feb 8, 2013 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
Major by far.
Feb 8, 2013 7:05 PM

Jan 2012
I absolutely love Major.

One Outs' psychological stuff is pretty cool, but it just doesn't have the same emotional appeal.

I watched the first episode of Cross Game and, to be honest, got a bit put off by the romance. I plan to watch it someday, but probably not soon.
Feb 8, 2013 10:52 PM

Apr 2011
I'm surprised to see One Outs leading the pack.

It's very good but Major is the best.
Feb 8, 2013 11:08 PM
May 2010
Touch or cross game, easily.
Worships Asparagus.
Feb 8, 2013 11:13 PM

Nov 2010
Cross Game, it had the best balance between baseball and drama to me.
Feb 9, 2013 1:42 AM

Jul 2008
H2 is my favorite manga of all time so .......
only one vote !!!
Feb 9, 2013 5:22 AM

May 2010
One Outs is good but as a baseball series Major is better
Feb 9, 2013 5:26 AM

Nov 2012
Major is batter then the other.
Feb 9, 2013 5:37 AM

May 2010
only seen Oofuri.
watching this thread because i want to try other baseball series.
Feb 9, 2013 5:48 AM
Mar 2011
kyojin no hoshi
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 9, 2013 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
Only watched One Outs. It was really good but idk about the rest
Nov 26, 2013 2:28 AM

Jul 2012
There is hardly any other anime's as complete as Major. Putting aside that major has everything you could hope for in an anime- action, drama, comedy, plot, superb character development, romance, morals, perfect pacing, no inconsistencies, great soundtrack/visuals- it also was consistently good throughout the seasons. Each season brought something to the table, all the while continuing Goro's journey. The quality rarely falters. The OVA's were excellent too. By the end of the series you really feel that you have grown up with Goro, and that the characters are really part of your life.
Nov 26, 2013 2:37 AM

Jun 2011
viral_hun said:
I'm yet to watch H2 and Touch, but from the other ones, I enjoyed Ookiku Furikabutte the most. It's the most realistic baseball anime imo, with good characters and interesting matches. I also like Cross Game and Major, but they're really different. I think CG is more about romance than baseball and Major is a typical shounen show where the main character is fighting for his dream beating every obstacle in his way, no matter how unrealistic it is. They're both good shows, but not the best baseball shows imho.

I didn't really like One Outs since it was more about mind games than baseball, but it wasn't a bad show either. Taishou Yakyuu Musume was a really cute series with an interesting take on baseball, and while I enjoyed it pretty much, I wouldn't say it's mainly a baseball show either.

+1

Most of the people voted for One Outs because they haven't seen the others.

As a baseball show, Ookiku easily stands on the top, no contest actually.

EvilRobot said:
Don't really see why people are so impressed with the psychological aspects of one outs. It's completely unbelievable and you can't use mind tricks like that, especially on someone you don't know.
Also they say several times that he isn't a fast nor technical pitcher, all he does is throw slow straight fastballs and yet these professional players can't even hit that. I can see that he can fool a couple of them, but far from all.

Obviously because it looked cool.

RSin95 said:
There is hardly any other anime's as complete as Major. Putting aside that major has everything you could hope for in an anime- action, drama, comedy, plot, superb character development, romance, morals, perfect pacing, no inconsistencies, great soundtrack/visuals- it also was consistently good throughout the seasons. Each season brought something to the table, all the while continuing Goro's journey. The quality rarely falters. The OVA's were excellent too. By the end of the series you really feel that you have grown up with Goro, and that the characters are really part of your life.

My first baseball anime was Major, and it got me hooked right from the start, that drama in the first 6 episodes, Goro going into little league, growing up, and joining major league, it's an awesome ride, really, it got me hooked on baseball, but, as a baseball series, as in the games, it's severely lacking. What's more is, Goro normally doesn't match well with his catcher, and always ignore his catcher's sign, no sense of battery at all, dat broken comradery.
ToG25thBaamNov 26, 2013 2:43 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 26, 2013 2:39 AM

Feb 2008
Touch
Nov 26, 2013 2:55 AM

Apr 2010
Haven't watched any of them, but have read H2, and Cross Game. Voted for Cross Game.
Nov 26, 2013 3:21 AM

Dec 2012
I've only seen One Outs and Ookiku, but I'd say Ookiku is my favorite so far. I like how much attention it paid attention to the characters as well as the subtle, smaller details like the soccer baseball mom's activities and what not. Also liked the slower pace of each game, got to really flesh them out and give them more depth. I walked into Ookiku Furikabutte knowing nothing about baseball and after long periods of looking up terms in between episode, I have to say it captivated me and I'm ready for more baseball anime because of it.
Nov 26, 2013 3:30 AM

Jan 2009
One Outs is the best so far for me
Nov 26, 2013 4:16 AM

May 2013
One Outs, because it isn't just about Baseball. It is so much more than that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

59 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

29 by Mykasan »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by TheSFHero »»
28 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 8 hours ago

33 by TRC_Randy »»
1 hour ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 11 hours ago

42 by Vendicator »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.