Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2010 1:43 AM

Oct 2010
zimno said:
Kamijyo-san has no mercy to also young children.

btw,...not enough preaching components

4/5

No this was not working for me at all. Touma can go fuckin himself now. He is a piece of shit that I don't like due to him hitting a nun. My reasons are as simple but I won't talk about them. Seriously it was painful to watch that. Don't tell me no one cared for Agnese past with a view like in the pic.

but Magnus was fine and Agnese was good at one point with her laugh. At least there is satisfaction in seeing Touma get beaten up at first.
Shirai_Kuroko said:
次は黒子の出番ですの!!
(tsugi ha kuroko no deban desuno!!)

The next episode is kuroko's turn!!

As long as we get fan service of her and Misaka many will like it.
Ksa said:
Anieze is defeated so fast, I hoped for longewr battle...
Laura is a bitch, but that's not suprising, she used Amakusa to have Kaori on her side.
Agnese was good enough to have beaten Touma damn well. Laura is manipulative but that's the charm about her.
Ksa said:
Next episode will start the 8th arc, about Kuroko and Awaki. Because part of this story has been on Railgun, maybe arc will be short.

Remind me about that Railgun part because I can't remember that one.
Ksa said:
Well no surprise to the hate in your spoiler, it was like from the first season when she found about Misaka x Touma.
Kuro4735 said:
Of course, as usual, Touma ends up in a hospital bed at the end of the episode.
Yeah well this time God punished him for hitting a nun. :D
shuncchi said:
yeah kannzaki was cute. but touma punching a girl wasnt soo entertaining^^;
Glad someone else did not enjoy that. I for one am a guy who is berserker sometimes in other words the steam needs to blow to someone, guess who? Touma!
DuroDeMatar said:

Don´t mess with the nuns!
That made me think of some horror movie. Now which one was that again?
Aversa said:
Kanzaki was acting very shy towards Touma which suggests she has feelings for him, wonder what will happen between them.
Well after what he did for her no surprise but in first season she wanted to kill him. Strange how Kanzaki in this episode made a 180 degree flip pretty much.
Yumekichi11Nov 6, 2010 2:18 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 6, 2010 2:22 AM
Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

No this was not working for me at all. Touma can go fuckin himself now. He is a piece of shit that I don't like due to him hitting a nun. My reasons are as simple but I won't talk about them. Seriously it was painful to watch that. Don't tell me no one cared for Agnese past with a view like in the pic.
He did say that had she given him the chance he would have done it more peacefully. That said, Agnese didn't reveal her motivations at all, plus she acted completely opposite to what her initial words were. To Touma Agnese was just a hypocrite and a sadist. Kind of hard for him to feel pity for her (especially after seeing them try to kill everyone ruthlessly). The watcher is the one that's supposed to feel a little pity for her, but Touma has no reason to do so.

Nov 6, 2010 2:41 AM

Oct 2010
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
There seems to be a lot of discussion about Kanzaki and Touma. I honestly think the only reason people should consider a relation between the two is based on exactly what she said in the episode. (>.<) I doubt she has any real feelings for him.
You know I agree with you for that. Still Touma having a one night stand with her would sure make him into a man. ROFL!
mystik said:
lol @ that loli bitch getting punched in the face.
I am sorry but I was rage - over 9000 power level at that part. There was nothing funny about it at all.
Nachotee said:
Touma sure didn't hesitate in punching that little girl.
What would you expect from a atheist like Touma anyways. Question is would he punch a child due to it being a danger. Now that will be the test. Strangely Accelerator did save that small Misaka clone when he would not care at all for any of them.
Onibokusu said:
I hope they don't continue to ruin Kanzaki in this manner. Kanzaki should have been more formal in her likeness. More stoic. Not some "oh gee, he's a teenager. He probably wants to have sex with me as repayment for saving my church. Tee hee~" woman.
My feelings exactly for Kanzaki! Bravo to you! Exactly as I felt on that one.
helur said:
When loli fly.... She already lost so why did he bother KOing her? -.-
My IMO thing for that is just to repay properly the beating Orsola got but it should have been her that did that to Agnese. That would satisfy me more.
belatkuro said:
I'm getting confused a bit.
You too? Yeah me too about the two spoilers.

Yeah what's up with that?
Leon-Gun said:
Yumekichi11 said:

He did say that had she given him the chance he would have done it more peacefully. That said, Agnese didn't reveal her motivations at all, plus she acted completely opposite to what her initial words were. To Touma Agnese was just a hypocrite and a sadist. Kind of hard for him to feel pity for her (especially after seeing them try to kill everyone ruthlessly). The watcher is the one that's supposed to feel a little pity for her, but Touma has no reason to do so.

Yeah my anger needs work but you got me on agreeing with you on this one friend. Still I wished they did not do it like that with so much details. The thing is that pic of her is what made me feel the bad for her. Like maybe she had no choice to act that way for her own survival you know based on what was related in that pic of her.

Nov 6, 2010 2:54 AM
Dec 2007
Yumekichi11 said:

Yeah my anger needs work but you got me on agreeing with you on this one friend. Still I wished they did not do it like that with so much details. The thing is that pic of her is what made me feel the bad for her. Like maybe she had no choice to act that way for her own survival you know based on what was related in that pic of her.
True true. The worst part is that once it all failed they blamed it all on her so the Church cleaned it's hands off the whole affair and Agnese will now bear the full responsibility of attempting to murder a pious believer.

To tell the truth, if they don't do anything more with Agnese then I'll be quite dissapointed. I mean, we even got Touma's line saying "enemies might not always be enemies". Although for all we know it was a throwback to the fact Styil and Kanzaki were introduced as enemies back in season 1.

Nov 6, 2010 2:55 AM
Jun 2008
Now I download a proper ep with sub.The end of the Op song the word they translated is "no buts" (゚д゚)!! ....at least its more better than " no pants"

"Ultimately,any Gospel outside of the roman Catholic Church can't be consider gospel at all"

I think I can't follow the explanation of all this religion connection stuff =(
I know what happen in the episode but i don't know why it happen
MorningGloryNov 6, 2010 2:58 AM
Nov 6, 2010 3:29 AM

May 2009
Styil was cute!
And Laura is indeed a bitch.

I'm really wondering about the next episode!
Nov 6, 2010 4:12 AM

Mar 2009
Touma beating up girls. Is he supposed to be badass now?
Nov 6, 2010 4:16 AM

Feb 2010
lol touma hitting loli girl :p overall a good ep.
Nov 6, 2010 4:17 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Ksa said:

Next episode will start the 8th arc, about Kuroko and Awaki. Because part of this story has been on Railgun, maybe arc will be short.

Remind me about that Railgun part because I can't remember that one.

8th arc of light novel includes many scenes from starting Railgun episodes, with Kuroko x Misaka lovey-dovey stuff, also 8th arc includes a lot of "Judgement", "Tokiwadai", "Onee-sama", have already seen in Railgun.

e.g. An episode with ability testing, when Kuroko debating with Kongo and Misaka show an outstanding level 5 power with her railgun, also is in 8th arc.

Yumekichi11 said:

Well no surprise to the hate in your spoiler, it was like from the first season when she found about Misaka x Touma.

Spoiler it's not for suprising, it hid info about 8th and 9th arc.
2e16nig.png
Nov 6, 2010 4:34 AM
Jul 2010
Not all Christians believe in every single aspect of the religion. They all have different interpretations of the same religion. Thus, the Roman catholics, and the Angelicans are BOTH Christians but their beliefs are slightly different. Thus the infighting. Kinda like how all politicians try to run the government, but the Democrats want to run it one way, and the Republicans want to run it another way.

An even better example would be, how, among Toaru Majutsu fans, some like Kuroko, while others find her annoying. They call themselves the Toaru Majutsu Pro-Kuroko sect vs. Toaru Majutsu Anti-Kuroko sect. They both like the shows, but they don't like same characters. From an outsiders standpoint, its confusing and sounds dumb. But wars have been started over stuff like this so...its best not to get involved if you don't want controversy.
HenryHLiNov 6, 2010 4:43 AM
Nov 6, 2010 4:49 AM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Yumekichi11 said:

True true. The worst part is that once it all failed they blamed it all on her so the Church cleaned it's hands off the whole affair and Agnese will now bear the full responsibility of attempting to murder a pious believer.

Is that what Laura mentioned as well? Now that's dirty of the Church to use Agnese as a scapegoat. Then again it still was dirty for Touma to soil himself despite not having any choice into getting physical like that.
Leon-Gun said:
To tell the truth, if they don't do anything more with Agnese then I'll be quite disappointed. I mean, we even got Touma's line saying "enemies might not always be enemies". Although for all we know it was a throwback to the fact Styil and Kanzaki were introduced as enemies back in season 1.
So it's still possible that Agnese may come back as someone who has learned her lesson unfortunately Touma's fist will be also a memory of hers.
Traveller said:
Touma beating up girls. Is he supposed to be badass now?
No one is badass when beating on a nun. Except maybe in hentai and even so I think I myself might be sick in that.

Nov 6, 2010 4:49 AM
Nov 2008
I call the Pro-Kuroko Sect to order! May we defeat all side characters that get in Her Perviness' way!
Nov 6, 2010 5:22 AM

Jul 2009
I have a feeling that the next episode will be absolutely brilliant, since the lovely Kuroko will appear in it (^.^)

And I must say I was positively surprised by Toumas determination and willingness to give it all and punch that silly girl in the face, sent her flying both times xD
Guess she kinda regretted wearing those high heels ;P
Nov 6, 2010 5:29 AM

Jan 2009
Onibokusu said:
I call the Pro-Kuroko Sect to order! May we defeat all side characters that get in Her Perviness' way!
Yes, gather up the Pro-Kuroko Sect in one place. That way we of the True Way can wipe ya'll out much more efficiently!
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 6, 2010 5:30 AM

Jan 2009
Wasabi said:
So what? Now we move onto an arc that is completely unrelated to this one? This is just going to turn into season one again. Filled with a bunch of unnecessary arcs that has no correlation to each other.

Like any other series?

Lamest comment ever.
Nov 6, 2010 5:52 AM

Jun 2009
Kuroko, Biribiri, and Uiharu in next episode. Cool, next ep looks interesting.

Nov 6, 2010 6:05 AM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Onibokusu said:
Yes, gather up the Pro-Kuroko Sect in one place. That way we of the True Way can wipe ya'll out much more efficiently!
Oh come on, Kuroko is just too lesbo. I think Touma should do the threesome with Misaka and Kuroko. That way it will all be solved maybe he won't be using imagine breaker and then all will be peaceful, maybe not until Aleister is defeated? Right?

Nov 6, 2010 7:15 AM

Feb 2008
Misaka is in the next episode, hopefully the Misaka fans can stop complaining about the magic arc now.

That Itsuwa character looks pretty interesting after reading some descriptions, also with Agnese's past being showed briefly in this episode it seems like this isn't the last time she shows up in the series. But looks like I'll have to wait a while for the story to reach those arcs again.

Nov 6, 2010 8:08 AM

Sep 2008
I think they handled the final battle poorly in that if you haven't read the novel then it doesn't even make sense why touma has to punch her after stiyl and the gang arrive. The pacing was also off making the battle shorter than I feel it should have been.

I'm surpised at how many people are shocked at touma punching a young girl. If they have the power to kill you with a thought then it's a legitimate opponent. Need I remind you that misaka is only a middleschooler? Kuroko is even younger than misaka and if she wasn't morally opposed to such actions could kill from 80 meters away without you even seeing her. Agnieze was a sociopathic sadistic killer as well as the leader of the opposing forces. They wouldn't get very far if they started being choosy about their opponents. Heck, Stiyl is only fourteen. Might as well get pissed off at kamijo for punching him back when he found the guy hovering over what he believed to be index's corpse. (unless your beef is with punching women, then there are examples where he's done that already too). That leader of the british puritans, the puppetmaster behind index's situation as well having today shown herself to be ruthless in her methods of controlling her subordinates. How old did she look? I don't know how old she is but she sure as hell doesn't look like an adult.

People are upset by kanzaki's behavior but she was put off balance in this episode and it should come as a no brainer at this point that every female in index is tsundere (minus kuroko) . Index, misaka, himegami, aura girl, now we've added kanzaki. Guess what. There will be more in the immediate future. If you don't like the tsun then you're probably going to have to develop some manner of coping mechanism.
Nov 6, 2010 8:11 AM

Nov 2009
Touma doesnt half like the hospital seeing as how he spends half his scenes there XD;

Yay for Kuroko in the next ep. Missed the lil Yuri element to this =P
Nov 6, 2010 8:25 AM

Feb 2010
What was exactly kanzaki apologizing for? for touma to have to carry index?
Nov 6, 2010 8:27 AM

Sep 2008
Vanisher said:
What was exactly kanzaki apologizing for? for touma to have to carry index?
Touma got involved in a problem of her subordinates. Due to their incompetence he was burdened and hospitalized. Thus she feels an apology is in order.
Nov 6, 2010 8:43 AM

Oct 2009
holy_ said:
Since when Kanzaki like Touma?

I was wondering the same...

Misaka in next ep ^^
Nov 6, 2010 9:12 AM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
[
Leon-Gun said:
To tell the truth, if they don't do anything more with Agnese then I'll be quite disappointed. I mean, we even got Touma's line saying "enemies might not always be enemies". Although for all we know it was a throwback to the fact Styil and Kanzaki were introduced as enemies back in season 1.
So it's still possible that Agnese may come back as someone who has learned her lesson unfortunately Touma's fist will be also a memory of hers.
For christs sake. She's a soldier of war. A professional general and killer. You think she's never been struck before? You think you learn the art of war, especially at such a young age, without becoming acquainted with violence?

Aurao said:
holy_ said:
Since when Kanzaki like Touma?

I was wondering the same...

Misaka in next ep ^^
Seems an odd question to me. This is the first instance of her exhibiting signs so it would seem that "now" would be the correct answer.
Nov 6, 2010 9:26 AM

Jul 2009
AlliedG said:
Wasabi said:
So what? Now we move onto an arc that is completely unrelated to this one? This is just going to turn into season one again. Filled with a bunch of unnecessary arcs that has no correlation to each other.

Like any other series?

Lamest comment ever.

Actually no you. Index is even more disjointed than most shounen - there's not even a common antagonist for instance (that we've yet been introduced to). I don't necessarily care about the random arcs but I'd at least like them to have some impact on the series overall other than repeatedly introducing and kicking out characters from the show.

*ahem* Lamest comment ever.
Nov 6, 2010 9:35 AM

Sep 2008
Each arc thus far has had repercussions on the overall plot. The main plot moves slowly so it is not always immediately evident. This is how the arcs help though. By providing fast paced instant gratification they can prevent this from being one of the slow-progressing shows that takes forever to get good. This is in fact an instance of ideal use for the story arc format.
Nov 6, 2010 9:38 AM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
I think they handled the final battle poorly in that if you haven't read the novel then it doesn't even make sense why touma has to punch her after stiyl and the gang arrive. The pacing was also off making the battle shorter than I feel it should have been.

Do elaborate, I am sure people would like to know what you know from LN at this point.
Gangler said:
I'm surpised at how many people are shocked at touma punching a young girl. If they have the power to kill you with a thought then it's a legitimate opponent.
Ah yes but you see the problem I had with this is that Touma should have the brains to handle this better. His fist seems to be only thing he can do? Well he better think of better ways because I certainly did not like him using violence on the nun. Why not just take away her staff? Anyways the only good I see of this is the pain of Orsola having been paid off by Touma's fist other than that my initial reaction comes as I wrote it.
Gangler said:
Agnieze was a sociopathic sadistic killer as well as the leader of the opposing forces. They wouldn't get very far if they started being choosy about their opponents.

Since when we know that she is exactly a sociopathic sadistic killer? The Church did not condition her to be that but I do believe her past affected her in regards to it. It's clear she looks to have been part of a plague or war time.
Gangler said:
Heck, Stiyl is only fourteen.

He does not look like he is 14 at all. How come he is of that age?
Gangler said:
People are upset by kanzaki's behavior but she was put off balance in this episode and it should come as a no brainer at this point that every female in index is tsundere (minus kuroko) .
I don't think they are like that, for example the maid does not look like tsun nor does the loli teacher.
Gangler said:
Yumekichi11 said:
[
Leon-Gun said:
For christs sake. She's a soldier of war. A professional general and killer. You think she's never been struck before? You think you learn the art of war, especially at such a young age, without becoming acquainted with violence
No I don't think she beens struck before if you remind yourself of her expression at the moment she got Touma's punch. I see her more of being shocked of it.
Detective said:
Index is even more disjointed than most shounen - there's not even a common antagonist for instance (that we've yet been introduced to).
In regards to that I think of Aleister being the one. The others are just proper to each arc.

Nov 6, 2010 10:29 AM

Sep 2008
I'll put the light novel stuff in spoilers just in case

He didn't just take the staff because he was too busy getting his ass handed to him. I don't know if you noticed but he didn't exactly have the upper hand through most of that.

A child who can kill without regret sounds like a sociopathic killer to me.She displayed her sadism in her pleasure as she mercilessly beat orsula.

I don't know if you've noticed but lots of characters don't look their age. Komoe sensei is an adult, as is kamijo's mom. Kanzaki is 16. Stiyl is 14. Don't ask me why it is because I don't know. Kanzaki and stiyl are wizards so god knows what they've been into. Maybe komoe is a science experiment or something (completely unfounded notion). No real possible explanation for Mrs Kamijo though.

True, there are females who appear on screen who haven't displayed tsun yet, but you have to admit it's a very large amount of the female cast. It appears to be the authors favored female archetype or something. It's a large enough percentage of the cast that it should not come as a surprise when you find out there's more tsun to be had. (also it might just be me, but komoe seems to be the mildest variety of tsun. It's only been evident a couple moments but when she asks if kamijo minds women who smoke I do wonder. The author has a bit of a tsun spectrum going.)

She was shocked at being struck because she was confident that it could not happen. She had an unbeatable weapon while he only had his fist. He was never supposed to be able to close the distance between them in order to get a close range attack in.
Nov 6, 2010 10:51 AM

Apr 2007
wasabi said:

Detective said:
Actually no you. Index is even more disjointed than most shounen - there's not even a common antagonist for instance (that we've yet been introduced to). I don't necessarily care about the random arcs but I'd at least like them to have some impact on the series overall other than repeatedly introducing and kicking out characters from the show.

*ahem* Lamest comment ever.

slight spoilers

Besides, Index focuses much more on the science/magic world as a whole rather than a specific or common goal unlike other shounen.
Nov 6, 2010 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
I'll put the light novel stuff in spoilers just in case

But that punch was only possible because his imagine breaker broke that protective shield right? Their leader? You mean Saiji? The rest is a thank you for sharing it was interesting.
Gangler said:
He didn't just take the staff because he was too busy getting his ass handed to him. I don't know if you noticed but he didn't exactly have the upper hand through most of that.

Yes I agree with you but if he touched the staff with his imagine breaker would it break? I wonder about that one.
Gangler said:
A child who can kill without regret sounds like a sociopathic killer to me.She displayed her sadism in her pleasure as she mercilessly beat orsula.
OMG, the sadness seems indeed that she has never shown that side of her to the Church possibly. I know see that a split personality looks to be in effect due to what you mentioned.
Gangler said:
I don't know if you've noticed but lots of characters don't look their age. Komoe sensei is an adult, as is kamijo's mom. Kanzaki is 16. Stiyl is 14. Don't ask me why it is because I don't know. Kanzaki and stiyl are wizards so god knows what they've been into. Maybe komoe is a science experiment or something (completely unfounded notion). No real possible explanation for Mrs Kamijo though.
Yes I noticed but Komoe can be referred as to girls IRL having Turner Syndrome so I understand those things but Kanzaki being 16 seems pretty developed up to age 18 in apperance was my point and Magnus the same for his male body. Regardless I agree about your appearance are deceiving in anime.
Gangler said:
True, there are females who appear on screen who haven't displayed tsun yet, but you have to admit it's a very large amount of the female cast. It appears to be the authors favored female archetype or something. It's a large enough percentage of the cast that it should not come as a surprise when you find out there's more tsun to be had. (also it might just be me, but komoe seems to be the mildest variety of tsun. It's only been evident a couple moments but when she asks if kamijo minds women who smoke I do wonder. The author has a bit of a tsun spectrum going.)

I will agree with you on that and about Komoe's episode of when Touma when first time to her place to ask her for help.
Gangler said:
She was shocked at being struck because she was confident that it could not happen. She had an unbeatable weapon while he only had his fist. He was never supposed to be able to close the distance between them in order to get a close range attack in.
Well that goes back to his imagine breaker shattering that protection. Enjoyed arguing with you.

Nov 6, 2010 11:32 AM

Jan 2009
Thats is what is appealing about Index and its world as a whole - the fact it isn't obvious who the atagonists and protagnists are - like in reality it isn't as clear as black and white - I mean heck Accelarator as a protaganist? - just leave if you want a simple anime about a bunch of good guys vs everyone else is evil mentality.

Even Touma said in a different scenario he wouldn't have to punch the loli girl.

As for Kanzaki until this episode, yes their was little indication she would like Touma but after saving Index from her memory erasure and the trauma of her nearly beating him to death from S1 I think in S2, after basically helping her old clan from being slaughtered by crazy religious nuns I think anyone would be grateful.
Nov 6, 2010 11:36 AM

Aug 2009
one more arc till Oriana Thompson.
Nov 6, 2010 11:36 AM

May 2009
Kanzaki is 18 years old, not 16, and Touma's mother just looks a bit younger than her actual age is (pretty common in anime).
Nov 6, 2010 11:39 AM

Oct 2010
viral_hun said:
Kanzaki is 18 years old, not 16,
Now I thank you for confirming this. I was sure her hips and breasts looked mature enough to be 18. Perhaps in season 1 she was younger? Not sure about that one.
AlliedG said:
As for Kanzaki until this episode, yes their was little indication she would like Touma but after saving Index from her memory erasure and the trauma of her nearly beating him to death from S1 I think in S2, after basically helping her old clan from being slaughtered by crazy religious nuns I think anyone would be grateful.
Exactly this! Exactly is all I will say!

Nov 6, 2010 11:47 AM

Sep 2008
@Yumekichi11
Sorry, the leader I was refering to is agnieze. The If you're refering to the thing he broke with his fist directly before he punched her that was just the magical force that had been attacking him all throughout. He basically dispelled one attack (if I recall in the novel it was more of a matter of him catching it with his hand than dodgeing and then smashing it but I'd have to reread to be sure).

He shouldn't have been able to get to her because she had an unpredictable powerful weapon capable of unlimited kinds of long distance attacks while kamijo was unarmed and as far as she knew he was only trained in dispelling barriers (from when he first entered the church)

The staff functioned based on the idol principle. It formed a connection between it and the target so that what happens to it happens to the target. I don't honestly know if the imagine breaker works on idols, and I hadn't thought to question it. As far as kamijo know's though it would have so that's actually a great point. I'd still bring it to him not having much time to think over the course of his beating though. At the end of the day you're right in a sense about his berserker tendencies, as his strategy is always pretty simplistic and consistent. I view it more as a matter of what he has at his disposal. He has a fist that dispells magic, so he keep punching with it until the danger is gone. He was never actually the brightest bulb, and he 's completely out of his element when dealing with magic.

Honestly, I don't know much about Agneize's character beyond what we've seen. I think we've got more to learn about her. I didn't get the impression that we were dealing with a split personality, and I imagine the church is fine with her behavior considering the occupation they have assigned to her, but I really do suspect that her story will be a bit on the sad side. There just aren't that many situations where you can be a young soldier of any variety and have it be a happy journey that brought you there.

If I'm gonna be completely honest I only found out about Stiyl's age after a reference to him being under legal smoking age caused me to look up the number. I've seen his age openly referenced on this forum before otherwise I would have left it out due to unsurety as to whether or not it has actually been revealed in the show yet.

You really have been a pleasure to speak to. You get straight to the point and can phrase your thought concisely. I have trouble with that a lot of the time.

Edit: Sounds like I was wrong about kanzaki's age. I was pretty sure about that. Sorry for the confusion.
Nov 6, 2010 11:56 AM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
@Yumekichi11
Sorry, the leader I was refering to is agnieze. The If you're refering to the thing he broke with his fist directly before he punched her that was just the magical force that had been attacking him all throughout. He basically dispelled one attack (if I recall in the novel it was more of a matter of him catching it with his hand than dodging and then smashing it but I'd have to reread to be sure).

That would be have been better to see him grab that power to dispel it. I did not think it was the magical force attacking him, I though it was a protection barrier.
Gangler said:
He shouldn't have been able to get to her because she had an unpredictable powerful weapon capable of unlimited kinds of long distance attacks while kamijo was unarmed and as far as she knew he was only trained in dispelling barriers (from when he first entered the church)

Guess the pride shattering of her weapon indeed was the main factor to her bewilderment from the punch.
Gangler said:
The staff functioned based on the idol principle. It formed a connection between it and the target so that what happens to it happens to the target. I don't honestly know if the imagine breaker works on idols, and I hadn't thought to question it. As far as kamijo know's though it would have so that's actually a great point.

Well that explains it far better than the subs. Now I am clear on that one. Do wonder if it's one target at a time or many. Regardless a powerful thing this weapon is.
Gangler said:
Honestly, I don't know much about Agneize's character beyond what we've seen. I think we've got more to learn about her. I didn't get the impression that we were dealing with a split personality, and I imagine the church is fine with her behavior considering the occupation they have assigned to her, but I really do suspect that her story will be a bit on the sad side. There just aren't that many situations where you can be a young soldier of any variety and have it be a happy journey that brought you there.

Agreed it but her past was sad just with glimpse of her state as she recalls it. Clothes messy and torn, dirty skin and the place was a dump where she was hiding.
Gangler said:
If I'm gonna be completely honest I only found out about Stiyl's age after a reference to him being under legal smoking age caused me to look up the number. I've seen his age openly referenced on this forum before otherwise I would have left it out due to unsurety as to whether or not it has actually been revealed in the show yet.

Ok, got that.
Gangler said:
You really have been a pleasure to speak to. You get straight to the point and can phrase your thought concisely. I have trouble with that a lot of the time.

That's good to know.
Gangler said:
Edit: Sounds like I was wrong about kanzaki's age. I was pretty sure about that. Sorry for the confusion.
No problem.

Nov 6, 2010 11:58 AM

May 2010
Alright, up until to episode 4, I am really confused. I finished episode 5 a while ago and nothing has been answered

In episode 4, how did Touma and that nun escape from the roof? They were surrounded and they were really far away from their allies.

Also, in episode 5, how did Touma escape from the church using everyone else as a "decoy".

Last and not least, why did Kanzaki appear at the end? I really still don't understand why she is relevant in this arc.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 6, 2010 12:16 PM
Jan 2010
I wonder it Touma missed that bed... he punched a nun twice now doesn't that sound nice of him.

Science side next episode with both Mikoto and Kuroko and since i saw last order in the preview i guess some Accel aswell.
Nov 6, 2010 12:45 PM

Dec 2009
Kuroko and Kazari in the next ep? I approve!
Nov 6, 2010 1:15 PM

Jan 2009
Confucius said:
Alright, up until to episode 4, I am really confused. I finished episode 5 a while ago and nothing has been answered

In episode 4, how did Touma and that nun escape from the roof? They were surrounded and they were really far away from their allies.

Stiyl cast his fire demon spell and cleared them out.

Confucius said:

Also, in episode 5, how did Touma escape from the church using everyone else as a "decoy".

They broke out and whilst they were deploying cards, etc, Touma tracked down loli nun.

Confucius said:

Last and not least, why did Kanzaki appear at the end? I really still don't understand why she is relevant in this arc.

This entire arc focuses on her background - she was the priestess of the Amusaka, she is powerful, the Anglican church wants to control that power.

She is thankful.

Seriously did you watch subs?
AlliedGNov 7, 2010 3:27 AM
Nov 6, 2010 1:57 PM
Dec 2007
AlliedG said:

Confucius said:

This entire arc focuses on her background - she was the priestess of the Amusaka, she is powerful, the Anglican church wants to control that power.

She is thankful.

Apparently not. He obviously forgot Kanzaki is:
A) A Saint with divine powers that overshadow most magicians.
B) The former leader of the Amakusa.
C) The actual reason why the Amakusa planned to save Orsola and join the Church of England.
D) During the second Kanzaki/Tsuchimikado conversation it is revealed that Kanzaki was planning to fight the nuns herself. This, of course, didn't come to pass due to Touma's intervention.

So as you can see, all of that mess was created by the Amakusa, so by extent it was Kanzaki's fault. She also almost broke the rules and she did kill several church knights who tried to reclaim the fake Book of Law from the Amakusa (see the end of episode 1). In the end, the archbishop used this whole incident to further chain down Kanzaki, so this whole arc is completely related to her.

As for the people yearning a main bad guy. I thought it was fairly obvious already that Alistair, the founder of Academy City, was being slowly brought up as a bad guy. Even Railgun kept it going with the whole thing about how the leaders of Academy City have other more sinister intentions for it's students.

Plus, the Magicians and churches all have ulterior motives for everything which are slowly being revealed. This story is actually chock full of gray and dark, you just don't get it shoved down your throat all the time.

Nov 6, 2010 1:59 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, even though the fight against Agnese wasn't that impressive. 2nd par was weird, why did Kanzaki act so girly in front of Touma? I doubt it's just because of the onsen event in the 1st season...
Nov 6, 2010 3:43 PM

Jun 2008
Sorry to keep my fans waiting, I wasn't able to see the episode until today (Saturday)

anyways, INDEX II Episode 5 SCOREBOARD:

Agnese, nice power, but no chance of winning......................EVEN
Touma punching Agnese TWICE......................................+4
Agnese mysterious past...............................................+1
Kanzaki blushing.........................................................+2
Touma siding with the Anglican church because of Index???......-2

Overall an enjoyable fight, finally this arc ends, and I finally along with other RAILGUN fans get to see BiriBiri and Kuroko next week....I CAN'T WAIT!!!

5/5 episode, my favorite so far.
Nov 6, 2010 3:58 PM

Jun 2007
This anime.... wins too much.
only thought about this was that the episode felt like there were some jumps. and by that i mean that some cuts between scenes were too sudden. then again, that may be the style they want to achieve, which imo isn't that bad, leading to the watchers to wonder what happens in between and what not..

anyways, this arc was nice. it wasa good arc to re introduce the magic vs science world of toaru majutsu. the ending was amazing. i can never get enough of that hospital, or of kanzaki for that matter. tsuchimikado making an appearance to touma again was win, but kanzaki is love. i love how touma is still involved in everything, and yet knows about nothing except the factions of the churches. this anime is win, and i can tell the novels are even more amazing.
Nov 6, 2010 4:32 PM
Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Oosran said:
Onibokusu said:
Oh come on, Kuroko is just too lesbo. I think Touma should do the threesome with Misaka and Kuroko. That way it will all be solved maybe he won't be using imagine breaker and then all will be peaceful, maybe not until Aleister is defeated? Right?

Her Perviness is most likely bisexual. She's just that perverted.
Nov 6, 2010 5:32 PM

Dec 2009
Stiyl ftw : P

next episode looks nice
yuno6.jpg
Nov 6, 2010 5:43 PM

May 2010
Stiyl cast his fire demon spell and cleared them out.

He didn't, he wasn't even near them. He casted the fire to save himself while Mugen tried to help Index and was halted by Styl

They broke out and whilst they were deploying cards, etc, Touma tracked down lol i nun.

Yes, but HOW?

She is thankful.

Question was vague, I meant like why did she appear at the end in the entire arc? I mean we saw her attacked a few black knights.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 6, 2010 6:17 PM

Feb 2010
Also , what happened to sister angelene and sister lucia? i thought they were important , and lucia didnt seems like the kind of people that would retreat cuz agnese got defeated

this ep seems a bit rushed , but it was ok anyway , finally touma pounched that bitch
Nov 6, 2010 7:03 PM
Mar 2010
Accelerator where?

Kanzaki obviously has more than gratuitous feelings for Touma. Of course, someone who has read ahead in the novels would know for certain. But no way, even if they are the most prideful of characters, does a woman blush several times and hides a note if she does not have some romantic sentiments towards you. Atleast in anime...
Nov 6, 2010 7:06 PM

Oct 2010
Vanisher said:
Also , what happened to sister angelene and sister lucia? i thought they were important , and lucia didnt seems like the kind of people that would retreat cuz agnese got defeated
That's also a good observation to wonder about. What happened to them really.
Onibokusu said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Oosran said:
Onibokusu said:

Her Perviness is most likely bisexual. She's just that perverted.
But of course that's why we like her, for her perverted side. In Railgun her best made me more sympathetic towards her also.
Leon-Gun said:
As for the people yearning a main bad guy. I thought it was fairly obvious already that Alistair, the founder of Academy City, was being slowly brought up as a bad guy. Even Railgun kept it going with the whole thing about how the leaders of Academy City have other more sinister intentions for it's students.
Exactly as I said before. Aleister is still the biggest bad ass just we don't know what he is capable of yet. Anyone has any LN experience towards that?

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.