Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2008 7:53 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm surprised Hilda ddin't raise much of a fuss and easily went along with Reinhard's plans. Was she even serious about her inner monologue about helping him in episdoe 35?

Oberstein may have said too much this time. Reinhard basically got him to agree that he wouldn't mind playing the pawn and having his blood spilled if necessary. I wonder if a situation like that will come up, and if he'll be willing to follow through on his promise. It looked like Reinhard was disgusted with Oberstein this episode so that raises the chances of that type of situation happening.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 16, 2008 9:01 PM

Apr 2008
One potentially huge mistake by Reinhard: Ordering Oberstein to take out the money for the new Karser's father's debts BEFORE the abduction of the 7 year old Kaiser. If someone traces that money...
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Oct 19, 2008 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
Although I think that Reinhard could just put the blame on Oberstein for taking that money out as a way of showing that Oberstein was a conspiritor. You can kinda of tell that Reinhard is getting frustrated with Oberstein lately. It's too bad Kierchies is dead...things would have been so different had he been alive.
Feb 6, 2009 7:03 AM

Jan 2008
Nice spit of disgust by Reinhard. Though I wanted to spit at his underhanded tactics too. Kind of shows the very different paths the two main protagonists of this tale have to take depending on their environments. Whereas one guy so far has managed to hold onto his morals, the other is wading in deep waters threatening to sink.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 13, 2009 7:47 PM

Jan 2009
Oberstein's drawing fire onto himself isn't something he should be doing... but perhaps this is just chalking it up to his Machiavellian ways as he himself stated that he would risk himself to seeing the job done. If only Siegfried were here.....
May 22, 2010 12:07 AM
Jan 2008
To think Reinhard even approved of having Molt take the blame even though they both knew he would kill himself. Hopefully this won't affect Kesler as well.
Sep 17, 2010 3:10 PM

Jan 2010
i just realised how good the OP&ED songs are ^^
at least the op song is very good,the lyrics are really deep

wow there's a lot of plotting
that prince is such a brat..
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 7, 2010 5:44 PM

Dec 2009
He's climbing in your secret passage and snatching your Kaiser up!

I love how Reinhard is playing all the angles in his favor. You can tell he sees the bloodshed as regrettable, but also a necessity. The show continues to keep you wondering what will happen next by actually presenting other eventualities in the planning. Genius.
Don’t believe in yourself. Believe in the you the Muppets believe in.
Nov 24, 2010 10:15 PM

May 2010
Well, we can see how grandfather and grandson are related.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 7, 2011 2:32 AM

Feb 2010
I like Oberstein's speech on Monarchs building their kingdom over their enemies and allied bodies. R.I.P Molt.
Aug 9, 2011 1:17 PM
Jun 2011
muppetgundam said:
He's climbing in your secret passage and snatching your Kaiser up!

Haha...Hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your Kaiser cause they're rapin everybody out here.
Sep 21, 2011 3:55 PM
Jul 2010
tainteddonut said:
I'm surprised Hilda ddin't raise much of a fuss and easily went along with Reinhard's plans. Was she even serious about her inner monologue about helping him in episdoe 35?

I'm sure she was serious, but resolve alone doesn't always translate to action. She's probably intimidated by the thought of challenging Reinhard, and competing against Oberstein. That and Reinhard was obviously feeling guilty about the whole thing. What's done is done.
Jan 3, 2012 11:00 PM

Sep 2009
What a brat.
._.
Feb 6, 2012 5:49 PM

Aug 2010
Brat indeed
May 31, 2012 10:58 PM

Jun 2009
I can't say I approve of his actions, but Reinhard clearly isn't enjoying this and I guess Hilda realized this and that it is necessary for him to get his hands dirty. Him spitting in disgust after Oberstein left intrigued me. I also like how at least Reuental seemingly figured out what Reinhard is up to. Maybe he's thinking Reinhard would do the same to him....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 29, 2013 9:53 PM

Jun 2013
That Kaiser such a brat!
Sep 16, 2013 2:39 PM

Nov 2009
There had to be a better way of handling that ... As it stands there actually seem to be a lot of things indicating that Reinhard had something to do with it. I mean, even the fact that he bailed out the next Kaiser's father the day before the abduction should have been extremely suspicious.
Jun 11, 2014 8:47 PM

Sep 2012
That little Kaiser was such a brat, in a way I'm glad he got abducted.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Aug 6, 2014 4:40 AM

Nov 2013
What seems to be an episode of great magnitude which is going to direct a lot of the next episodes I'm surprised this doesn't even have beyond a page of discussion.

Kesler seems to have figured out the connection between Reinhard and the abduction. It's a shame that he's probably going to keep getting shut down by Oberstein until
LoveWifeLunch said:
One potentially huge mistake by Reinhard: Ordering Oberstein to take out the money for the new Karser's father's debts BEFORE the abduction of the 7 year old Kaiser. If someone traces that money...

I wonder how that's going to play out if the likes of Kesler brings it to light.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 5, 2014 9:51 AM

Mar 2012
Dammit Reinhard stop leaning towards the dark side, just gonna screw yourself over.

Hilda better put some sense into soon or it'll be too late.
Feb 26, 2015 12:35 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid episode! Looking forward to see what's next.
Feb 28, 2015 6:04 AM

Aug 2014
Very exciting and entertaining episode. This event is setting up for a lot of big stuff, it seems. I can't wait to see those two twin-guys (the blonde and multi-color-eye guys) fight Wenli because they're both awesome.
May 27, 2015 9:52 AM
Nov 2014
I expect to see some huge consequences for kidnapping the 7 years old Kaiser, hopefully it doesn't effect Reinhard or anything important.
Jun 9, 2015 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
The spit by Reinhard isn't directed at Oberstein but the fact that he has to sacrifice some of his men to move forward.
Jun 28, 2015 12:38 AM

Dec 2013
I didn't expect that kid to be such a brat. I wonder what Phezzan has planned.
Aug 28, 2015 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
The Kaiser sure is bratty, and that poor stuffed bear probably the most gruesome thing in this series so far.
Jan 13, 2016 4:40 AM

Apr 2014
Kesler knows, there's no way he didn't just put two and two together. Now does he believe in Reinhard enough to not question or talk about it? Also thinking possible foreshadowing Oberstein giving his life for Reinhard? ?????
Feb 12, 2016 11:01 PM

Feb 2016
Kolios said:
The spit by Reinhard isn't directed at Oberstein but the fact that he has to sacrifice some of his men to move forward.

Everyone is pretty much saying the spit was directed at Oberstein, and you my friend think that it was because he was dirtying his hands.

I think the scene had double meaning (Oberstein's forked tongue is secondary), but first and foremost he was directing it at that disgusting noble. That fat cat that had everything handed to him at birth on a silver platter, and he squandered that advantage and got himself in debt, out of all things for FKING ivory! I think that disgust is consistent with Reinhard's personality through the series up to now.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 6, 2016 4:11 PM

Nov 2013
This episode was very machiavellian to say the least
Mar 21, 2016 5:18 AM

Jan 2014
I want some Wenli next time, pleaaaaaaaase ;-;
May 6, 2016 3:47 PM

Jun 2010
I like the little detail of the Kaiser's old nurse sighing when she finds the torn teddy bear. She's tired of what must be a habit of that little twerp.

I don't understand why Reinhard and Oberstein discuss a successor, though. Wasn't the plan for the government's official position to be that the Kaiser has been kidnapped and needed to be rescued? So why are they planning to treat him as a pretender and putting someone else on the throne?
May 6, 2016 4:43 PM

Jun 2013
Fronzel said:
I don't understand why Reinhard and Oberstein discuss a successor, though. Wasn't the plan for the government's official position to be that the Kaiser has been kidnapped and needed to be rescued? So why are they planning to treat him as a pretender and putting someone else on the throne?

Officially, that would be the case. But they both know privately that Erwin Josef II would not be returned for the foreseeable future, so they are better off finding a new candidate to succeed him, and then announce the new monarch at their own discretion.
Jun 11, 2016 5:19 AM

Aug 2014
Yup, the Kaiser is a little douche like I expected.

Can't really say that Reinhard's plan is going well since some already figured it out (Hildegard, Kleser, Reuenthal?). I wonder how long all of this will come to light.

One thing I love about Reinhard is that he knows full well what he's doing is wrong and doesn't portrait himself as a saint, so he expects karma to rain down on him at some point for his actions.
Oct 25, 2016 5:13 AM

Aug 2014
I love the anime even more when they are on the ground doing all those plots and conspiracies, everyone has a brain here, the dialogue is dense.
Excellent.
Mar 1, 2017 4:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i understand that Reinhard allows the abduction of the Emperor, but morally is not justifiable, and think that this success in the future bring a bads iand negative consequences!!! Because, strategically the enemies always is better have near and controlled, but never far away and hope to resurrect!!!
Oct 26, 2017 6:33 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
While Reinhard is indeed going down the dark path, but it's nice to see that he doesn't at the very least, feel guilt and sympathy for those he is sacrificing.

If Hilda already realized Reinhard's plan, then I doubt Reinhard is naive enough to think that no one else saw through it. He acknowledged that he will pay for it sometime if it is indeed a punishable act, although he doesn't know by whom. Reinhard also said before that if someone thinks he/she is more capable than Reinhard, he's willing to take on that challenge. If Kesler or Reuenthal (or whoever else that figures out this incident) gathers evidence and reveal it, then they better also know what to do after this. As in, who will be in charge and who will improve the state of the Empire as much as Reinhard has. Reuenthal seems to think he could be fitting of the position, but he's also not stupid, there's a time and place for everything. That's why I'm not worried that those who have noticed or will notice Reinhard's plan will do anything just yet. Or if they confront Reinhard like Hilda did, they might not approve of Reinhard's means, but will still choose to stay behind him.
Jan 29, 2018 10:56 AM

May 2016
That little kid was so full of himself I want him dead.
Apr 16, 2018 6:50 PM

Aug 2017
Man the animation quality was all over the place this episode! Super distracting unfortunately. Hopefully the art style changing with every cut doesn't become the norm...
Sep 20, 2018 10:31 PM

Feb 2017
An eight month old Kaiserine. How amusing. Represents what Reinhard hates about the dynasty.
Mar 5, 2019 3:27 PM

Aug 2017
Seems like the animation quality is a bit higher now (especially if you look at the faces)
Nov 3, 2019 4:54 AM

Oct 2012
Looks like they're taking the wrong plan, the boy is obviously way too spoiled

It's all went as planned, but RIP Vice-Admiral Mort
You couldn't pay your mistake if you're dead

"Signature removed"
Dec 26, 2019 4:41 PM

Nov 2016
Exciting episode, the scheming is getting more and more extreme. At this point it's only a matter of time before Reinhard is going to lose even the last bit of morality. For now he's still having a bad conscience, but who knows how long this is going to last.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 18, 2020 10:47 PM
Jun 2017
My love for Oberstein grows even more. He is playing with fire and putting himself in a risky position. He seemed Kircheis' death as somewhat beneficial, as no one should become over attached to Reinhardt (nor he to anyone), but the same can me said of the opposite: No one should have a tense relationship with Reinhardt. He is betting his life.

I'm again disappointed about the lack of mention of a potential regency, even more knowing the heir-apparent isn't even 1 year old. There are some examples of Prime Ministers or Presidents of the Privy Council (we can infer the Prime Minister would hold this office (although unlikely, as we don't even know the real share of power between the Head of State and the Head of Government. The previous Kaiser seemed too passive and von Lichtenlade too much of a bureaucrat)) assuming the title of Regent (v.g General Espartero in Spain) when the Sovereign is unable to rule by his own means.

After all, Reinhardt would have 17-20 years to assert his dominance as a Regent (13 years un the worst possible scenario), and so remove the Goldenbaum Dynasty from the Throne with ease.
Apr 29, 2021 4:06 AM

Jul 2016
NukeisGood said:
To think Reinhard even approved of having Molt take the blame even though they both knew he would kill himself. Hopefully this won't affect Kesler as well.

Reinhard is going down the dark path of authority.
Jul 21, 2021 11:23 AM

Jun 2020
every1 kinda sus...

esp reuenthal he up 2 sum big shit
Jul 25, 2021 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
2021 Rewatch

What a great episode. The very Machiavellian scheme of Oberstein and Reinhard to let Landsberg and Schumacher's abduction of the Kaiser happen despite Molt getting the blame. All for gaining a casus belli to invade the Free Planets Alliance earlier than anticipated.

Molt took his own life out of shame of not being able to stop the abduction of the Kaiser. I liked that Hilda, Kesler, and Reuenthal figured out what Reinhard was up to.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 21, 2021 9:12 AM
Nov 2020
Hilda best waifu.
Jan 12, 2022 6:13 PM

Jan 2016
NukeisGood said:

Reinhard joined the dark side of the force.
May 16, 2022 12:01 PM

Dec 2007
gotta say i'm surprised how the plot going to.
didn't expected hilda to be such approval of oberstein's tactic.

Nov 18, 2022 4:35 PM

May 2018
Things would've been so much different if Kircheis was here indeed. Let's see how this farce plays out
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.