Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 6, 2010 5:41 PM

May 2010
I watched it on Funimation.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 6, 2010 5:52 PM

Aug 2009
Confucius said:
I watched it on Funimation.

Me too. I didn't see any typos unless I missed something.
Nov 6, 2010 7:06 PM
Jan 2010
The new animation was a piece of SHIT

The story was great but the animation just ruined what would be an almost perfect episode -_-

Please someone tell me that it was only for this episode...
Nov 6, 2010 9:54 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, shit got real this episode. I like the mood and pace change of this episode, really looking forward to more episodes now.
yahzeeNov 6, 2010 9:57 PM
Nov 6, 2010 10:10 PM

Apr 2009
Seeing Ryner's pained my face made me so sad...
& now I'm wondering what Sion will do now, In the beginning I like him... but now I'm starting to wonder, how his idea of a utopia is really possible...
Nov 6, 2010 10:34 PM

Sep 2010
I am loving this anime so much, imo the animation wasn't bad. I can't wait to see the next episode.... which won't be for a long time!
Nov 6, 2010 11:05 PM

Oct 2010
From the last episode's preview, I was expecting more development in this episode. They were stuck in the same location for this whole episode. I was really loving the exchange between Tiia and Ryner, along with Ryner, Sion and Ferris. Quite alot of mixed up feelings and emotions over there, no wonder Ryner chose to leave. But at least he was thinking for Sion and Ferris sake if he left, such a caring friend..

Tiia could unexpectedly be quite a 'good' person when you see him away from the battlefield. He's quite a good persuader, he mentioned he had lots of other friends as well right? It's like he brought them all together from what we see in the next episode's preview. But..why are they all KIDS?! I guess they all died before they reached maturity..

Overall, I really liked the episode alot (though I'm still wishing it could have gone on a little longer!!). Ahh well, one more week to go~
Nov 7, 2010 2:35 AM
Nov 2010
The animation was definatly a step in the right direction. i loved it, it seemed alittle too dark during the part where Ferris was punishing Ryner though. lol but other than that, i think the animation looked pretty epic. ^_^ I really hope they make a season 2.
Nov 7, 2010 6:52 AM
Sep 2010
Kurogashi said:
The duties of a king, huh.
Pretty sad, but I wonder what Lyner will be doing in the next upcoming episodes?
I don't think he'll go on a rampage and start ripping off heads too, it'll just go against his whole slacker-hood principle, lol.

i Totaly agree with you!!!!!!
Nov 7, 2010 7:02 AM

Feb 2009
Drop of quality in art in the animated scenes aside, another great episode.
Does Tiia's teleporting and moving like a shadow his magic or another power of the Iino Dwoe?
So it seems Suzaku and LelouchTiia and Ryner will team up to take over Britanniatravel together and find these "friends". Maybe these are the other eye users mentioned last time.
Ferris' new outfit and Kiefer in a dress next episode. Do want.
Nov 7, 2010 8:05 AM

Feb 2010
Finally this show became "legendary". Can't wait for the next episode.
RhypoNov 7, 2010 8:09 AM
Nov 7, 2010 8:51 AM

Jul 2010
Nice episode, like the new style it it's something I'll have to get used at :P

Wow Ryner made one hell of a decision :O Can't wait to see next episode and to know what'll happen next ^^

Poor Ryner.. he didn't had a family?...
Nov 7, 2010 9:11 AM
Sep 2010
OMFG!! i loooooved this ep! i know half off yall will call me crazy because i love the gore, the betrayal, and just how awsome thisshow is!!! cant wait for the next ep!
Nov 7, 2010 2:10 PM

Sep 2010
King obligations? Yea, right. If he didn't look at him as a monster, he wouldn't have issued that order.

I never liked Sion, I always thought he was sleazy bastard.

If you were in Ryner's place, constantly seeing people hate you, despise you and even who you went as far as to call them best friend after all that to betray, even if it was "duty", you wouldn't stay near them. Rather go with the ones, who suffered the same consequences as having such power, who understands you better than stay and get constantly betrayed.

Although, I kinda feel sorry for Ferris, she was pretty awesome, probably one of the few who never looked at Ryner as a monster from the very beginning, I respect her for that.

I really hope they turn the sequel into an anime as well. I can't get enough of this anime. It's so epic. :<
Nov 8, 2010 9:37 AM

Mar 2009
Kinda weird animation but it was nice either.
Ryner went with that freak guy. He left Ferris behind again. Idiot :P
Nov 9, 2010 6:59 PM

Nov 2007
garfield15 said:
Zilpzalp said:
Derps subs are filled with typos all the time. I can't believe that funi isn't QCing.

When subs are ripped, usually the rippers will typo stuff on purpose.

FYI, Derp has their own TL. They don't rip.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 10, 2010 4:52 AM

Feb 2009
For complaints to Derp's subs, you can complain to this guy
belatkuroNov 11, 2010 6:52 PM
Nov 10, 2010 11:15 AM

Aug 2010
RingoPie said:
King obligations? Yea, right. If he didn't look at him as a monster, he wouldn't have issued that order.

I never liked Sion, I always thought he was sleazy bastard.

If you were in Ryner's place, constantly seeing people hate you, despise you and even who you went as far as to call them best friend after all that to betray, even if it was "duty", you wouldn't stay near them. Rather go with the ones, who suffered the same consequences as having such power, who understands you better than stay and get constantly betrayed.

Although, I kinda feel sorry for Ferris, she was pretty awesome, probably one of the few who never looked at Ryner as a monster from the very beginning, I respect her for that.

I really hope they turn the sequel into an anime as well. I can't get enough of this anime. It's so epic. :<

pretty much exact thing i was thinking.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Nov 10, 2010 5:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
belatkuro said:
For complaints to Derp's subs, you can complain to this guy or this guy.

No, we're not gonna complain. We are grateful they release a much better quality version as soon as possible. Who cares about typos in subs. The series is in Japanese anyway just turn off the subs if you them distracting or annoying. And who cares if they rip or not. I don't as long as I get the video.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 10, 2010 6:24 PM

Feb 2009
Well, there are some who seem to complain so I just pointed them to the right persons rather than bitch about it.
Nov 13, 2010 8:00 AM

Jun 2008
ninjapintu said:
Actually they upped the animation quality in this episode. The action scenes were very well animated and were very fluid. Especially the army scene, but it resulted in the creators compromising with the drawings in the non-action scenes making people think that animation got worse

Many people see this kind of animation and think that it's more fluid and better but actually it's worse. If you take a good look they move like crazy puppets on strings, make a tone of unrealistic useless moves to give the impression of fluidity along with there whole body structure being deformed once again to give a fake impression of fluidity. It's even further from real life movement and they achieve it by sacrificing the artwork but also making movement by useless way of unsolid artwork and lines during the characters movement, hiding the exact way of movement putting fake movement and generally distorting everything.
Basically it's one cheap motherfucking way on fooling people like you thinking they did a better job with animation. Is like making a car giving the impression of getting better intro corners(when it doesn't) by just leaving the wheels the engine and the steering wheel.
Ether they do a good job and make the animation even better by adding even more detail frames or they better leave it as it is than resorting to cheap tricks that in the end destroy everything else and except the easy believers, those with good eye see that they aren't really improving the animation but just giving a fake idea of fake fluidity.

Now that i finished my animation lecture i want to thank all the assholes that told us from the last episode thread the events of this episode. I hope you have the worst month of your life.

Anyway i can't get why Ryner followed that guy. He hardly even knows him, he realized that the guy is a crazy killer and yet by a stupid 1 minute lecture he got convinced to go with him? That really wasn't convincing.
If he didn't want to stick with Sion's plans anymore he could very well go wherever he wants alone.
What is he 5, and he needs a big strong guy to take him away from his bad daddy?
MonadNov 14, 2010 9:00 AM
Nov 14, 2010 7:55 AM

Jan 2008
Yay, good to hear Sakurai's chara has long dialogues. ^_^ The quality of animation and art differs from the past episodes, which rather looks LQ this time. I hope to see the same quality like in the past episodes forep 19 and up.
Nov 14, 2010 3:14 PM

Dec 2008
The animation was just...ODD!
Tiia is to be feared!!
Ferris and Iris are on my last nerve. Especially Ferris and her sickeningly tsundere ways.
I think Sion started off as a good guy, but I believe he's going to change soon.
He takes credit for getting rid of the evil doers, but Tiia and Ryner left on their own. Sion gets heralded as a hero for that? Oh, puuuleeeezze!!!
Nov 20, 2010 2:01 PM

Jul 2009
Art looks a bit off this episode o_O
Anyways, Ryner's dream was ... aww ... D: Ferris finds Ryner and then ... this Tiir guy comes? He's SO awesome. Except why did you leave Ryner?! T_T It makes sense and all but I didn't want him to go >_<
That being said, awesome episode I think :D Not too sure about the next one though ... looks like more Kiefer ... bleerrrggh
Nov 25, 2010 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
Woah! Luke being an Elite type, I was wondering about Milk's squad back then..

I'm feeling a lot of drama after Ryner decides to join his kind..

Ferris..;(
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 30, 2010 6:20 AM

Sep 2009
This episode was sad and it's not often that anime makes me feel sad. or any other work of fiction for that matter.

Now I wonder where this show is gonna go.
Nov 30, 2010 8:26 PM

Jun 2008
best episode so far ^.^
10/10!!! luv the storyline...
Jan 1, 2011 3:07 PM
Nov 2010
the animation sucks. Just look at the lady eating in that inn, it looks awefull. I was turned off because of this episode, I didn't even care about the storyline. Actually, even the story was pretty bad. I mean, Ryner suddenly leaves with an unknown dude who killed a lot of people ? wtf ?

This is Naruto vs Pain all over again...
Mar 14, 2011 9:12 PM

Aug 2009
Monad said:
ninjapintu said:
Actually they upped the animation quality in this episode. The action scenes were very well animated and were very fluid. Especially the army scene, but it resulted in the creators compromising with the drawings in the non-action scenes making people think that animation got worse

Many people see this kind of animation and think that it's more fluid and better but actually it's worse. If you take a good look they move like crazy puppets on strings, make a tone of unrealistic useless moves to give the impression of fluidity along with there whole body structure being deformed once again to give a fake impression of fluidity. It's even further from real life movement and they achieve it by sacrificing the artwork but also making movement by useless way of unsolid artwork and lines during the characters movement, hiding the exact way of movement putting fake movement and generally distorting everything.
Basically it's one cheap motherfucking way on fooling people like you thinking they did a better job with animation. Is like making a car giving the impression of getting better intro corners(when it doesn't) by just leaving the wheels the engine and the steering wheel.
Ether they do a good job and make the animation even better by adding even more detail frames or they better leave it as it is than resorting to cheap tricks that in the end destroy everything else and except the easy believers, those with good eye see that they aren't really improving the animation but just giving a fake idea of fake fluidity.

Now that i finished my animation lecture i want to thank all the assholes that told us from the last episode thread the events of this episode. I hope you have the worst month of your life.

Anyway i can't get why Ryner followed that guy. He hardly even knows him, he realized that the guy is a crazy killer and yet by a stupid 1 minute lecture he got convinced to go with him? That really wasn't convincing.
If he didn't want to stick with Sion's plans anymore he could very well go wherever he wants alone.
What is he 5, and he needs a big strong guy to take him away from his bad daddy?

Whoa, I actually Like this Type of animation. It worked well for animes like Noein And Birdy decode 2, Both Which are Amazing and The fighting scenes look exaggerated But it really suits it since its a sci fi fantasy. Basically Reality is thrown out the window so might as well have the animation style for it, but yeah its better suited for fighting scenes.

Anyways, the Story is finally getting Good ;P

May 13, 2011 10:38 PM
Dec 2008
its lelouch and suzaku all over again
May 22, 2011 9:42 AM

Nov 2010
Ahh, reminds me of Naruto and Sasuke, so many legendary mistakes within a short time span that led to irreversible doom.

Aug 15, 2011 11:45 AM

Oct 2009
I was rooting the entire time for Ryner to leave. Sure, Ferris and Sion was ok to him, but everyone else just views him as a monster. Even when hunting another eye wielder, Sion would call that other person a "monster".
But now.. Ryner can have all his afternoon naps that he has always wished for :).
And the animation wasn't even half bad.
Apr 26, 2012 12:14 AM

Jun 2011
I like Ryner's expression before he shoot Izuchi to help Tiia's regeneration. I like Tiia's speech as he convinces Ryner to go with him. I like Sion's expression when Ryner chose to left him and Ferris. :D The animation is superb as always
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 2, 2013 6:17 PM

Jul 2007
Wow, talk bout a major downgrade in animation quality.

Regarding the episode, Didn't expect ryner to join that guy but they are both monsters after all. What a twist though. What ever lucile told him, made him totally change, he's not even in the happy cherry mood he usually is.

I still think sion is not at fault because of that letter to execute him, i believe some one else is behind that, he probably tried to explain it to ryner right their on the battlefield but ryner interrupted him.

I hope the upcoming episodes will give us the animation quality back lol, because this was pretty bad, some of the action scenes you couldn't even take serous, they were not fluid at all, like the time that one guy grabbed both feris and ryner, all it did was switch to that scene, had this been a previous episode animation, it would of shown that in full, him moving at blazing speed, you would be able to see that movement and fluid motion depicted in the scene.

Aug 3, 2013 1:40 PM
Mar 2009
Daaaaaaamn, Tiir's eyes are ridiculous. Iloe Dwoe? That seems even more powerful than Alpha Stigma, though he seems exceptionally weak to arrows. Bring a couple ballistas and long range his ass.

Aww, Ferris is learning what love feels like. Or maybe just inhuman rage, haha.

I'm guessing this is the part where Sion continues to go downhill to the "dark" side.

So Luke and Miran have disappeared for a whole day? The hell?
ChronosXIIIAug 3, 2013 6:35 PM
Nov 5, 2013 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
Sick animation quality in this episode! And what a turn of events with only 6 episodes left! Really liked how everything played out.
Dec 14, 2013 1:36 PM

Nov 2011
This was a truly moving episode! Loved it! Best episode so far!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 23, 2015 6:56 AM

Mar 2014
Future of the berserker .
The King's providence .
The Change needed . The turning point . GREAT EPISODE .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2015
Ryner left huh.. I understand why ..
Jan 10, 2017 4:49 AM

Dec 2015
Hell yeah! I hope the following episodes are as good as this one!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 11, 2018 5:22 PM

Jan 2017
this is the best episode
Aug 29, 2018 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
I can't believe I forgot about this episode. It's hard to disagree with Tiir as he makes an all too persuasive case for the reality of Stigma bearers. As soon as they're outed, they're feared and cast aside by (almost) all of those around them. Of course, it's obvious that's not the case for Sion. He's suffering the most and yet he still has to smile and play the role of the hero king - the one who drives the monsters away. Ryner probably knew that staying would have only strained Sion's image and, in combination with his inner turmoil, decided he couldn't belong in Roland anymore.

Definitely my favorite part of the series thus far.
Nov 21, 2018 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
Best episode so far. Very good animation&style.
Sep 9, 2022 10:21 AM

Mar 2020
oooooh! it's nice to have a sharp Ken Kaneki! it's been a long time xD
Sep 9, 2022 10:29 AM

Mar 2020
Ksa said:
Tiia is cute ~ Ino Dwoe rules =)
Ryner choose to side with him, because Sion betrayed him, and Sion later be the main antagonist.

So pity that Ferris later join Ryner's side. Hate tsundere =(

Ah bah! Thanks for the spoliation, huh, I needed that right now! I'm currently looking at this story and at the same time reading the forum and I don't know if it's real info, but if it is, you just spoliated me, that's nice! :3
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Second season of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes/Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu ( 1 2 )

EsPwnage - Mar 31, 2012

64 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 15, 9:02 PM

» What is the point of making Ferris so annoying?

CrackerSnatcher - Apr 19, 2020

11 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Apr 30, 2023 5:54 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Dec 16, 2010

314 by Enjyu »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:00 AM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2010

100 by DKDiabloLicht »»
Aug 18, 2021 8:56 PM

Poll: » Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Oosran - Nov 18, 2010

96 by Bananarama_ »»
Apr 16, 2021 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.