Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 36 Discussion

May 29, 2008 6:28 PM
Vermillion

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At least one thing remained constant. Mention any ill will towards Reinhard's sister and he goes into a blind rage. It's a good thing they're not planning on kidnapping her. Reinhard sounded like he was ready to invent new ways of torture for anybody who'd want to try.

Reinhard must know that dealing with the lower ranked Phezzan diplomat won't get him any binding concessions. He didn't seem to be completely opposed to the idea of the Kaiser being kidnapped though. It will be a dangerous path to travel if he can't guarantee the situation won't put him a compromising position.

Then again, if he could tie Phezzan to an attempted abduction plan that would be of great advantage to him. Phezzan has been meddling since the first episode. One serious misstep could give Reinhard all the reason he needs to just invade. The alliance is on dire straits so it wouldn't be in their best interest to seize the opportunity to strike at the Empire. Adding to that, after Kessellink's talk of debts owed to Phezzan it might actually not be all that bad if they aren't around to harass everyone. The only problem would be if Truniht would try to drum up support to interfere.
Modified by tainteddonut, May 29, 2008 6:37 PM

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.

Jun 15, 2008 3:21 PM

I do not think that it is in the Empire's best interest to invade Phezzan. Instead, I think that Reinhard will use their space in order to launch an attack on the FPA. If he were to invade Phezzan first he would loose this advantage. After invading the FPA he can always take care of Phezzan afterwards.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei

Oct 19, 2008 9:53 AM

Seems to me like Phezzan's time is limited in having all this influence. Reinhard has taken notice and openly confronted the Phezzan diplomat about it. If Rubinsky makes a wrong move it will be the end for him. Although I wonder what Reinhard will do in this situation. On one had if he lets the abduction go according to plan and the exiled government is in the FPA then he wins but if not then he loses. Phezzan is in a bit of a bind since Reinhard will only agree to the plan if they allow him to move threw their territory.

Gotta love all this politics!

Sep 12, 2009 1:36 PM

So not just Yang foresighted Phezzan's plot, Reinhard as well. This just shows up how masterminds they both are; well, not exactly foresighted, more like predicted if I'm not using a shallow word. They both have at least an idea of what's going to happen if they keep letting Phezzan's peons do whatever they want.

Anyway nice move from Reinhard to ask allowance from the empire to move through Phezzan's territory.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.

Sep 13, 2009 4:20 PM

Good to know that one side is preparing to take action against Phezzan. When Reinhard added free use of the Phezzan Corridor to the deal, I found myself grinning hard at that look of distress on that diplomat's face.

Sep 15, 2010 1:08 PM

wow it's been exactly one year since someone commented on this :)

it was again a nice soothing episode,it's good to see annerose doing fine
4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)

Nov 23, 2010 5:38 PM

Feel sorry for the guy being grilled by Reinhard's blonde hair deduction. Poor guy.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Aug 8, 2011 12:03 PM
So both the Alliance and the Empire are onto Phezzan. Shouldn't be too much longer that they reveal their hand then.

Sep 20, 2011 11:18 AM
Annerose has a really sad life. First in poverty, then repeatedly raped in the captivity of an old man, now in guilty-ridden exile. Her house is an unchanging relic, free from the outside world's influence, but leaving her bound to the past alone. All Annerose has to think about is how much she misses the couple bright spots from a miserable past. Reinhard is much the same, with the way he shuts out everyone who isn't Sieg. Depressing family...

I like how as Yang reveals his knowledge of global politics while watching tv commercials, Reinhard sets up theatrical interrogations for the same purpose.

Oct 28, 2011 8:13 AM

That was a laid-back episode. It's good to know that Annerose has some protection now.

Oct 28, 2011 12:55 PM

This time Phezzan's scheming is going to be the final straw. I'm pretty sure that in the near future Rubinsky will pay the price for all the blood that has been shed because of his intrigues.

Feb 6, 2012 5:14 PM

If Reinhard gets his hands on the Phezzan Corridor, the FPA is going to have it hard

Apr 26, 2012 8:08 PM

Reinhard von Lohengramm said:
Free navigation rights through the Phezzan Corridor.

Oh, shit.

Remember how My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars and Overture to a New War both featured battles at Iserlohn to introduce the series? Remember how Yang took the Fortress without a single life lost in dramatic fashion? Remember how Iserlohn and Geiersberg Fortress were just involved in an epic double Death Star battle? Reinhard just gave a giant fuck you to all of that and to the first 35 episodes.

I don't know if it's actually going to happen, but that was quite the wham line.

May 31, 2012 10:23 PM

Reinhard...what a beast. I love how he compared Rudolf's reign to thunder in that it was "big and loud but didn't amount to much, but I won't be like that" and then he positively owns that diplomat.

Also liked the scene between Hilda and Annerose. Hilda actually said what I mentioned a few discussions ago, of course she put it in a better way.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jul 29, 2013 9:24 PM

LOL Reinhard read through that guy's mind so PRO!

Sep 16, 2013 6:59 AM

If Reinhard knows whats up, why doesn't he just invade Phezzan? It seems like it wouldn't be too much trouble to do so, and apparently the empire hasn't been relying on them too much. Plus the only thing that would happen is that the Alliance would be pissed, but they are already at war, not sure that would make any sort of difference. I guess the problem would be the justification in the eyes of the public for invading a seemingly neutral nation.

Jan 9, 2014 3:17 AM

how reinhard demanted the phezzan corridor was an awesome moment
its perfect, im sick of the iserlohn bloodbath

Feb 25, 2014 1:41 AM

Oh wow Reinhard. You owned that diplomat completely. It will be intresting if Reinhard gets to invade FPA using Phezzan corridor since FPA is not going to expect it and there might not even be any defences there.

Aug 6, 2014 3:54 AM

Reinhard just pulled that commissioners pants down and laughed at him. Quite amusing to see him go from smirking and holding back a laugh whilst delivering his terms to sweating and being completely helpless.

Nov 5, 2014 9:25 AM

The one fatal flaw Reinhard has is how much he cares for his sister. That could easily be used against him :(

Feb 23, 2015 12:12 PM

Very lovely episode, really liked this and well let's find out what's next!

Feb 27, 2015 8:54 PM

Very good development for Annerose and Reindhart this episode. I like that he stopped that "terrorism" plot in such a cool way.

May 27, 2015 8:42 AM

Reinhard is brilliant and calculating at the same time, he totally scared the pants out of that Phezzan's guy lmao. Good to see his sister back in le screen tho.

Jun 27, 2015 6:13 AM

Reinhard is too amazing! Cool seeing that Phezzan guy freaking out.

Mar 6, 2016 4:05 PM

Things are getting very interesting, i wonder what Rubinsky will do now.

Mar 20, 2016 12:55 PM

Reinhard was as smooth as always. Poor little Kaiser, though...

I like Hilda very much and I would like her and Annerose to become BFFs! :D

May 6, 2016 3:23 PM

When Annerose withdrew from Reinhard after Siegfried's death I thought she was on some level angry at him; she never wanted to be rescued from the Kaiser (and in the end he didn't even do that) and was worried that Reinhard's ambitions would harm him and then they did harm Siegfried.

I don't know if I was right, but it seems that self-reproach was a more important motivation. She consider herself guilty of Siegfried's death for asking him to take care of Reinhard in her absence.

Jun 10, 2016 3:51 PM

I hate myself for laughing at the scene with Reinhard having angel wings, carrying Siegfried into the sky xD

It's probably to early to tell, but the Kaiser looks like a little douche from that small shot we got of him.

Jun 30, 2016 10:30 AM

Is it just me, or does Reinhard have an Oberstein-eque devilish face toward the end? I am afraid of where this is going.

Picture for reference:

Feb 28, 2017 11:09 AM

Hilda is a woman very inteligent, i hope she wll be capable to controlate the situation!!! Reinhard, is very inteligent, and a few words, he has discover the secret plan!!! kekeke

Hello, my litte boy!

Jan 28, 2018 8:38 AM

That was such long conversational episode.

Sep 20, 2018 9:51 PM

This episode had three excellent conversations. The one in the elevator, Hilda and Annerose, and Reinhard and the Phezanni.

Jan 8, 11:51 AM

Annerose's house is located in a beautiful spot