Forums
New
Nov 4, 2010 10:02 AM

Oct 2010
Shall we continue this in this thread?
-Quasar said:
Yumekichi11 said:
BitchMaster said:
But the thing is that they're alternative universes, unlike Makoto who manwhores in a single & linear universe. See the difference?
That's the thing. Does not that make you angry? Frustrated?

Whhhhyyyy? why would you be angry and frustrated? He isn't double booking anyone, that's the purpose of arcs. *sigh* so I take it, you haven't played any Visual Novel?

I just wanted to see his reaction to that and nothing more.
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah here's to Nao and Sora somehow. Doubt it though. For me Haruka will still be the time traveler Neo-Makoto think of it that way pretty much. I also blame Nao for making him into whore man. That you can't deny because it all happens in the past where the resets don't go that far. So he is still a man whore! Because he screwed a young childhood friend. If they did it and it is proven in Nao's arc.

-Quasar said:
lol@time traveler. smh

1. Manwhore what? Did we watch the same version of School Days? Makoto fucked girls to satisfy his sexual desires. Sure the idiot girls in SD are the first one that came to him but he even go as far as calling girls to have sex with him "disregarding" their feelings. Did Haru did any of that? no sir, Haru actually helps the girls problems in every arc and he only have sex with them with the thing you call "love" where as a non-existent in Makoto's vocabulary.

I agree with you but feel regardless that Haruka is playing the innocent one somehow. It's kind of hidden and not apparent but I can see it, there is something about him that if it were not for Nao it would be different. Maybe he sees sex as something different. Can't really talk about it until Nao's arc.
-Quasar said:
2. He isn't a manwhore man, that's the purpose of having arcs and please spare me the time machine or reset switch.

I say he is due to Nao manwhoring and any other girl after is considered as the second one except during the Nao arc. It would be the only one that would not count since it would be Nao he is dealing with.
-Quasar said:
3. How can be so sure that he wanted to screw his childhood friend? have you played the visual novel? what "if" Nao took advantage of him and "maybe" Haruka didn't know what Nao is doing to him back then? does that still count as manwhoring?
No I only talked about it with people who played it. It might have been the case but it's Haruka's fault for being gullible in the situation itself. Too bad for his foolishness is what I think.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 25, 2013 1:45 PM
Jan 2013
No, Haruka isn't a manwhore. And he doesn't see sex as something casual or in a way that is sinister in any way. With the exception of the sora arc, he doesn't cheat, nor does he force himself upon any of the girls. Because in each of the arcs it is a different timeline. The series is set up sort of like a visual novel. Each possible choice you can make leads to a different universe. And the universe where Haruka did Akira is different than the universe where he did Kazuha for instance, even though the choice that branched was fairly early. With just a few variable differences, you can fall in love with a different girl. And that is the word, love. In kazuha's arc, he wanted to help her reconcile with her father. In Akira's he really wanted to see Akira smile so much so that he was willing to look all over for a pendant, and get her a dna test. Nao's arc is the only one that really bleeds into another's. Nao did rape him, it wasn't consensual, but he doesn't blame her. He was largely in shock after the event, but he even said it himself that he indeed enjoyed it. Now we can take some words he said during the Sora arc, that he did fall in love with Nao, this was before the sex event, and he held onto his love of her because he wanted to be normal. In Nao's arc he was able to do that, but Sora was pushed to the side and we got to see why she didn't like Nao. Sora had good reason to hate her, besides the jealousy, Nao did rape Haruka, but it didn't make him some manwhore. He didn't become cynical to love or twisted. His love in all of the arcs was good. And he put all of the girls, with the exception to Sora during her arc, above himself. In Sora's arc he tried to hold onto the love he had for Nao two summers past, but ultimately couldn't because he was truly in love with Sora. Sora's arc is the only one you could say he cheated, because he didn't break up with Nao before boinking Sora. But at the same time, he was very confused and torn. And when he was caught, sure it was noted that he did indeed hurt Nao by cheating on her( he also hurt her when he almost raped her, this was just his failed attempt to sexually distract himself from Sora, but it didn't work and the event would have been rape if he finished). But bigger focus was on why he was with Sora. She felt something was up, but wanted it to not be true. Had it been anybody else, she would have been angry, but not disgusted like she was when she saw him with Sora. Of course, after he explained his situation to her, she became a lot more open to the idea of him and her together. He had a choice though after being caught, keep going with Sora, even though society would hate them, or cave in to society's demands. And boy are they significant demands. He caved, and she almost died because of it. This situation reminds me of when I was younger, I had lived with my grandmother for a few years since my step father was verbally and emotionally abusive (my older half-sister also said he was at one point physically abusive). Well I moved back in with my mother step-father along with my two half-sisters. Times were very difficult. I would be making light of the situation if I had said I moved into hell. My step-father was a horrible man. But somehow we made it. During that time I formed a bond with my younger half-sister. She was there every step with me, facing the same problems I did. We became very close, so close that people became suspicious of us. I got bullied a lot for a while, kids treating me like I was a mutant. "No brother is that close to his sister unless something is up!". I was twelve at the time, and this was my first time even hearing the word incest. I couldn't take it anymore, in public I detached myself from my younger half-sister. I practically abandoned her, because even being seen as close meant trouble for me. I became a bully then. I acted as the other guys did to their sisters, cold and just plain mean. But maybe it was because at home I was a different person unconstrained from the chains of society, or because she was just a very understanding person for her age, she never seemed to blame me. A couple years later I did fall in love with her, but I've never told her that. The thing that had the most profound effect on me was how no matter what I put her through, she was always loyal and willing to help me through the day. Kind of ironic how fears of our closeness turning into incest led into me actually falling in love with her. Had people not said anything, I have a feeling things could have been different. Sure I still could have gained feelings for her, probably a large part because of a second separation when her father (my step-father) divorced our mother and she lived with him. It seems like every time I see her, she gets more and more beautiful.

But anyway, I am personally offended to see a comparison to Makoto. Makoto (anime incarnations) didn't care one bit about any of the girls. In the visual novel he was better, his flaw being unable to decide and not wanting to hurt anybody, but ultimately he had to make a choice or he would hurt everybody (except that one ending where not making a choice and letting the timer run out actually brings about the harem end where he gets both girls). At most in any of Haruka's incarnations' he's only done 2 people, and the one he did do 2 was because Nao's arc bled into Sora's and he eventually could no longer hide his true feelings. Things just happened so fast before he could decide what he had to do, be it break it off with Nao and risk have everyone put two and two together, or keep it a secret (and still have at least two figure it out.) I would like to think thought he others figured it out and decided to accept them. Kozue's opposition indirectly gives a good message. That message is that there are still people that will hate them for their choice, but there are also people that understand and don't judge. Why is she ultimately a beacon in the end? Because she makes the ending more realistic. If everybody just went okay, then the world that Sora and Haruka live in would seem too perfect and separate their conflict from their overcoming it. In the end it makes their victory seem that much more meaningful.
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by Obscurantist »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dunkmaru - Dec 20, 2010

513 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.