Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2010 2:53 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't believe no one started a topic on this movie!
I've been waiting for 23 years to find and finish this movie. This was very good and I am so glad that I got the chance to finally see it through to the finish.
Aug 21, 2011 9:04 PM

Apr 2009
Being a Sanrio film I was expecting Hello Kitty to come out. LOL

Joking aside, I thought in the end; "What a movie!". It's like a Romie and Juliet for kids, star crossed lovers dying in the end and all that. By the way, IMHO sending them to the star was like a token gesture for a belated happy ending, thanks a lot Oceanus! XP

Piale had to sacrifice herself and Chiku had to die, if I was watching this when I was a kid, I would be sad... or maybe it's just me getting old. XD And as I suspected, I recognized Amuro's VA from Mobile Suit Gundam, so that's why Sirius' voice was so familiar!

This movie gets 8/10 on my list and 5/5 for this discussion thread.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 15, 2012 4:59 PM

Apr 2012
artwork was pretty fantastic for 1981. Music was also pretty lush. The can-can parts were especially Fantasia-esque

I found the characters surprisingly unlikeable though; Sirius seemed a sadistic pulls-legs-off-insects-for-fun sort and Malta was just a prick tease. Who showed no remorse for losing the flame that kept her people alive! Ditto Sirius and the eye.

Oddly I was hoping this wouldn't be a sickly Disney type of film but I kinda wish it was more like one in that respect! Disney also has more of a sense of danger, this had none besides some meaningless deaths (meaningless since there were no repercussions from *anything*) and I felt ripped off not seeing the Wind god come back...

beh, shouldn't be complaining about kids films but usually i can get into ones with this sort of scope
BlackoutingJun 15, 2012 5:04 PM
Jun 12, 2015 9:12 PM

Feb 2013
The environment and art was captivating. A nice little love story.
Apr 3, 2017 1:10 PM

Jan 2017
I love the end credits with the different artwork. This is the best Sanrio movie I have watched so far.
Jul 3, 2017 1:10 AM

Dec 2015
A nice fantasy take on Romeo&Juliet (or was it trying to replay the constellation lovers tale?) supported by pre-modern Disney designs, fine drawings and really pretty backgrounds. Music and voices were quite good too (nice to hear Furuya in such a movie).

I was never a fan of the disney character-design around the times of their Peter Pan (particularly the "bored" or sleepy eyes) but the rest was more than enough to distract me from the movie.

The animation might look a bit low since it can't compare with the movies it looks alike but it's actually good for a japanese animation.

Enjoyment: 4/5

Score: 7.5/10 A great tale for children, unlike most Disney who think their audience is dumb.
Rei_IIIJul 3, 2017 1:13 AM
May 31, 2020 8:19 PM

Nov 2015

here's the complete video and not those scams of 29 min. on crappy sites!

tell how drinks work on an already underwater place? the part when the drink from shells and wash the faces with water on the leaf.. was that snow falling into water before the eclipse scene? soo crazyman !

the bad thing about this movie is just stops in every detail, the movements of the trees, the wind, etc. the dialogue it's so dense also that i've been having trouble focusing though all.. but it may not fool you this is not disney alike at all, the style deviants a lil'
Berry-VodkaJun 1, 2020 11:36 AM

đź’˘

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.