Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Baccano! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 27, 2013 8:36 AM

Aug 2012
Elmer - Mister Happy End. I really like the guy, too bad he re-appeared so late.
And that scene where Czes run away terrified screaming was priceless.

I enjoyed the ending, this anime was fun.
Oct 20, 2013 9:45 AM

Apr 2012
Trie said:
Great episode, the scene where Vino was asking Rachel for love advice was too funny xD
I also liked the conversation between Carrrrooll~ and the Vice-chief; it really helped to bring a nice close to the series.

need Baccano! season 2! >.<

Agreed. Spooky way the Vice-chief kept saying Carrrroooollll though ^_^
Dec 19, 2013 6:18 AM

Oct 2013
This is one of the best anime I've ever seen. I want to say so much great things about it that I'd rather not say anything.
Dec 26, 2013 12:40 PM

Aug 2012
Awesomeness. So many epic moments on this episode. I'm gonna repeat what others had said, needs more Ennis <3

8/10

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Feb 12, 2014 8:43 AM

Jun 2012
well as expected the fight was easy and Graham was no match at all for Vino.

i liked to see Chane smile a bit and i wonder where Dallas was he didn't seem to be in that but the cards where so does mean he escaped somehow:O

over all i liked this specials a lot it was really showing the things i missed in the anime such as background on what happened after the events in the anime + they explained a lot of things more clear so i can only say i love this specials.

i would hope for another seasons but i don't think it will be happening since still no new season and its pretty long ago already since this came out. they where talking about it yeah but as they said it has no start and it has no end could also be implying to that they won't make another season or leaving it open not planning to go on but they can if they feel like it.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 23, 2014 7:28 PM
Mar 2014
This one kind of bugged me actually.

It looked like they were gearing up to do the 1933 arc, which is the final part of the Eve looking for her brother plotline (among other things), and was teased in the very first episode of the series...but then...it just cuts off.

The 3 OVAs were literally just the start of "The Slash (1933)"..and then it ends before anything of real importance happens. Literally not 10 minutes after the VP and Carol finish talking she would've been pulled into that mess with The Lamia.

Well that, and the fact that they actually left out A LOT of stuff. The railroad arc could've been a 26 episode anime by itself, and was only about 45-50% adapted. (the loss of 97% of Claire's story, and 75% of Rachel's, about 30% of Czes's, 20% of Ladd's, 95% of Lua's, a bunch of stuff involving the Lemures, and all of "The Magician's" involvement actually did hurt the story somewhat).
Apr 1, 2014 11:16 PM
Jun 2013
I enjoyed most of the characters execpt for firo and I was happy he wasint shown as much since he was so boring and bland.I would like a second seaoson to see what everyone is up to espciall of course Jacuzzi and his gang.Though im assuming the second season would be about that rat and his journeys.....:p
Apr 2, 2014 4:50 AM
Mar 2014
Nah, Jacuzzi, Graham, Chane, and Claire fans would be rejoicing, as 1933 is basically a straight continuation of the specials, with Huey's non-human organization The Lamia coming on the scene, as well as the introduction of Chane's little sister Leeza. It would also probably include the Gandor/Runorata war in 1932 as well, since they'd have to introduce Maria (the brown katana wielding chick in that blink and you'll miss it scene in the first episode) who plays a big role in the Lamia fights (which includes Adele, the blonde chick with the spear).

1934 is mostly about Ladd, Jacuzzi, Huey, Firo, and Issac in prison.

On the other hand, they might skip 1933/1934 and instead do the 1705-1711 arcs, since the Advenna Avis immortals didn't get much screen time, though that series is mostly about Huey and Elmer, with occasional cameos of other future immortals, eventually culminating with why they all ended up on the ship in the first place. In some ways it's a more interesting series since immortals play almost no part in it (aside from the headmaster and teacher of the Alchemy school, who actually don't do much at all aside from intimidating some officials with a demonstration of their immortality)

Or they may do the 2001 or 2002 arcs, which are all awesome but ends on cliff hanger (like most of the books do).

Though I can totally agree that Firo is pretty boring, he gets 1 single arc to give him some depth as he angsts over whether Szilard's memories could eventually turn him evil, but goes back to his old self once it's resolved. I mean, he does have a decent amount of back-story, but none of it really changes that he's still this wide-eyed idealistic kid at heart and never really grows out of it.

It's funny that despite being "main character-ish" he really is the most one dimensional of all the Baccano characters.

Even his wife has 10x the depth he does.

Hell, Keith Gandor (the leader of the Gandors) has more depth and he talks a grand total 7 very brief times in the whole series (and never utters a word in the anime).
Apr 9, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2013
That last part with Isaac and Miria throwing money was awesome,and the special's were great so i'll give the special the same score as the series.

May 27, 2014 9:50 PM

Sep 2012
Yay for a happy ending.
May 27, 2014 9:51 PM

Nov 2013
WHY WONT WE GET MORE OF THIS????

seriously saddens me
Jul 10, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2013
All's well that ends well :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 22, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2014
Yep a happy ending YEEES!!!!

The fighting scene between Claire and Graham was epic.

Look at Elmer spreading smilies everywhere lol.

Yey a happy ending lol, look at how Chane was blushing after she accepted the proposal and that Graham boy had a good heart after all XD.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;
Only light can do that,

Hate cannot drive out hate;
Only love can do that.
Jul 31, 2014 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
Epic series, i really enjoyed everything about it.
Kinda sad it ended, but oh well.
There is no ending to a tale. :3
Aug 24, 2014 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
can that even be considered an ending
"You see this guy's eyes? More crossed than Christianity! Look at him!"
- Seamus "SSoH" O'Doherty
Aug 31, 2014 8:40 AM

May 2013
That final guns and roses montage was truly beautiful.
Sep 4, 2014 1:43 AM

Jan 2014
Good ending. Love the series.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 14, 2014 4:49 PM

Jul 2011
I thought it was a really nice way to wrap everything up.

Obviously, it didn't really "end", but overall, really fun series and I enjoyed it.
Jan 3, 2015 9:30 AM

Oct 2012
Well, at least the ending episode was nice and we finally got some closure. Although as a whole, I would recommend watching only this episode of OVA because other two were pretty sub-par.

As for Baccano as whole, I would say this episode made it worth it. But as I said before - as this is being highly episodic series, your enjoyment of it depends on which character you like the most, some episodes would be better for one part of target audience and others for another one (while the rest would be bored by it). Little more effort put into toning down those slapstick parts and it would be a lot better.
Jan 28, 2015 3:08 AM

Nov 2011
Great specials overall. Loved the way Claire fought against Graham and professed his love for Chane again lol

And of course, the comedy from the idiot couple was awesome as well. I wanted to see more Nice action though. I've recently started the novels so I hope the some of the remaining volumes will be adapted in the future. One can hope right?
Feb 17, 2015 11:59 PM

Jul 2008
We need a true season 2. More Issac and Miria is needed.
Feb 27, 2015 5:39 PM

Jun 2012
Finally Carol understands. 420 points.

Mar 18, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
Was a nice follow-up to the series

9/10
Apr 2, 2015 4:22 PM

Oct 2013
Really liked what the old man had to say to Carol at the end, great follow up didn't enjoy it as much as I did with Baccano! but still a fun watch.

Jul 3, 2015 9:56 PM

May 2015
"No ending to a tale"

There are many possible events that may happen again and again even though a story ends.
Sep 28, 2015 4:34 PM

Jan 2014
Ok, but the Vice President and Carol knowing about the mouse makes no sense at all. The mouse was such an inconsequential detail in the story so there's no way they would know about it, let alone recognize it. I understand the intent was that they're overarching narrators so they can break the fourth wall, but breaking the fourth wall like that needs to be done carefully, especially in a show that takes itself seriously while doing it. Otherwise it just breaks the show's universe. Like this one did.

Good show, but it really stumbled with its ending. The climax was nowhere near as effective as its build-up (which was masterful), the 3 OVA episodes suffer from a pacing completely inconsistent with the entire show before it (much due to Graham Specter's scenes, which dragged like crazy and could have been made much shorter, resulting in a better pace and a much less annoying character), and the attempted bookend with the Vice President and Carol was mishandled.

What hurts about it is that before the last chunk of episodes (12 and onward), this was the closest thing to a perfect show I've ever seen. It was so close to perfection. So painfully close.
zacrathedemon5Sep 28, 2015 5:18 PM
Nov 27, 2015 1:56 AM

Nov 2015
Baccano! One of my favorite anime!!
Baccano is one of those animes where almost all characters are great.
Well it ended happily... Everyone was smiling at the end:)
Ow..so Ronny is that demon...and now I wonder who is the man behind those pile of paper in the daily days
Anyways.... Baccano is fabulous.
Nov 27, 2015 7:34 AM

Oct 2015
Todays episode made me felt better about Baccano. The ending was better thn the ending in episode 13. I also felt happiness frm Chane. I didnt understand Where does Dallas went frm the container. Nice ending Baccano. 👍
Dec 6, 2015 7:32 AM

Sep 2015
The way the Vice says Carol always cracks me up. Caaroollee lool
Baccano!=Masterpiece
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2015 6:58 AM

Dec 2014
I guess I'm in the group that doesn't like an incomplete story. I still liked the show and it gave me enough closure but I wish I knew the conclusion to everything, oh well.

8/10
Feb 26, 2016 11:38 PM

Feb 2013
PERF END!!! XDfff
✈️
Apr 3, 2016 5:44 AM

Oct 2012
Sugar cube! What's director's face like??

Kyarol xD
Dat rat.. Is a lucky one I guess?

Policemen! What are you doing picking up those money?? xD
Isaac & Miria for an amazing ending.. Thank you!

Need more than this I guess?
Should I read the LN instead? Hmm
"Signature removed"
Apr 13, 2016 11:17 AM

Feb 2013
That rat is still alive somewhere in the world,scary.
May 7, 2016 9:55 PM
Dec 2014
Never saw so much books in one desk.
Aug 27, 2016 12:16 PM

Nov 2015

This was revelations and conclusion to the fullest!
  • Humanization of Claire (Rail Tracer), well, he's still a psycho xD
  • We know that Dallas broke free from the concrete and escaped from the Hudson!
  • We know the identity of the demon! He was there all along!
  • The girl from the 1711 ship appeared! The girlfriend of Maiza's brother!
  • All that and many more details!

What a fantastic story!
Fantastic!
I'm so glad I could watch this anime.

I'll rewatch this anime rather soon so I can connect better all the plot and points since I had trouble recalling names and some faces that are alike or didn't have much screen time.
HumbertoZeroAug 27, 2016 12:31 PM
Sep 16, 2016 2:00 AM

Oct 2015
it was more a love story between chane and Claire. 'THE REST YOU CAN IMAGINE YOUR SELF' MY ASS of course i need an ending MR vice president.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 20, 2016 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
well that was in itself satisfying... gotta miss this show
Nov 22, 2016 3:10 PM

Sep 2016
Haha that was really awesome!
"Sughooiiiii!!!" as miria says.
Dec 23, 2016 1:05 AM

Mar 2013
Ah what a satisfying watch this has been. Not only did we get conclusion after the anime, we got to know more about the characters which were on loose ends in the anime.

Chane and Claire <3

The faces of those guys when sugar cube got to see Daily Days's president's face XD

The moment when Claire tells about himself to Rachel, and instead of Rachel screaming in the flashback, Czes runs off in the real with the scream lol

I found myself giggling when the music start for the ending and Ladd put on a sinister smile XD

And definitely what a way to end series with Issac and Miria's antics again haha

I loved it when vice president told CAROOOOOOOOLLLLL XD that there's no beginning or end to a story. Just people interacting with each other and moving on in life.

Glad everyone is happy in the series. Well except for Eve. She's still on run after her brother, Dallas XD
Everyone has something to look forward to and thus the story never ends :')
Feb 20, 2017 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
FinalFlash18 said:
Ah what a satisfying watch this has been. Not only did we get conclusion after the anime, we got to know more about the characters which were on loose ends in the anime.

Chane and Claire <3

The faces of those guys when sugar cube got to see Daily Days's president's face XD

The moment when Claire tells about himself to Rachel, and instead of Rachel screaming in the flashback, Czes runs off in the real with the scream lol

I found myself giggling when the music start for the ending and Ladd put on a sinister smile XD

And definitely what a way to end series with Issac and Miria's antics again haha

I loved it when vice president told CAROOOOOOOOLLLLL XD that there's no beginning or end to a story. Just people interacting with each other and moving on in life.

Glad everyone is happy in the series. Well except for Eve. She's still on run after her brother, Dallas XD
Everyone has something to look forward to and thus the story never ends :')

I dont think i could have said it any better.

Also, my godness, this anime is just outstanding. These specials were just as good as the main show.
Every scene fits perfect, soundtrack is breathtaking, characters are awesome.
The scene when the old guy is telling Carol that the story doesn't have an end nor a beggining actually gave me chills *.* *.* *.*

Baccano is pure Greatness, that all XD
Mar 2, 2017 11:58 AM

Apr 2016
Everyone is happy . man i love this series so much . i hope i can live forever just for the second season .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Apr 22, 2017 8:08 AM

May 2010
Sylphie did it right. Better drink it when you are mature and confident in your body.

Elmer is kinda moe. Been thinking this since he was piling up all those dominoes.

Kinda yay for Chane x Claire. Team CC

May 20, 2017 12:38 AM

Mar 2017
It's been 10 years and still no season 2 in sight.
Well, at least I can read the up-to-date fan-translated LN.
Sep 29, 2018 3:20 AM
Feb 2018
What a great ending to a fantastic anime! Don’t wanna write whole paragraph but this anime brought joy n a lot of laughter! Shout out to Isaac and miria for making this anime a comedy!! They are my fav characters xD. I give this whole series 10/10, I hope Claire and chane get together and I wish they would of shown more of Firo & Ennius. Most def In my top 5 list 🙌🏾🔥🔥
Feb 12, 2019 7:20 AM
Apr 2016
Claire dealt with Graham smoothly, it was great. Claire is a human too, dAmN!!!! Great ending, more stuff revealed... Well, time to go back to being an empty shell until I find another anime to satisfy my salvation.
Mar 8, 2019 4:40 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I really hope they will one day make a remake of it or continue it somehow T___T Rly loved this show, so sad it's over :<

May 6, 2019 7:20 AM
Dec 2018
Lab-Member-000 said:
CAAAROOLLLL was really cute at the end there. The characters, all 342345 of them, are very likable for the most part
This. All characters are so damn amusing. Glad I started this series. It was so much fun.
Jul 6, 2019 1:33 PM

May 2016
Well as that guy said to Carooooooooool a tale dont have an ending just like this one. 7/10
Apr 30, 2020 7:47 AM

Aug 2015
That was a really good series. Isaac and Miria are gonna be one of my favorite fictional couples ever!

The show was great and the time jumps are truly something brain-whacking but also quite fun.

8/10
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baccano! OVA Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nataki - May 18, 2008

121 by KoniginElle »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Baccano! OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Netforce - May 12, 2008

134 by KoniginElle »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:55 AM

» Are these worth watching?

aod-kun - Nov 17, 2023

14 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Nov 22, 2023 7:59 PM

» What is the deal with the Vice-President of Daily Days?

eliecher - Jul 29, 2021

6 by GreatCarerJack »»
Aug 4, 2023 10:20 AM

» Huge Announcement!

AndyPRO - Aug 25, 2015

0 by AndyPRO »»
Aug 25, 2015 5:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.